Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) (27424 Views)

Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) / Desmond Tutu: Body Of South African Hero To Be Aquamated / Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 9:58pm On Dec 26, 2021
fergie001:

He deserves much more than that.

Also sorry for the loss of Mama Diale. Mzansi will never forget her/

OMG, YOU KNOW MAMA ANGIE grin grin grin! You never seize to amaze - SA encyclopaedia.

She was a fav of mine.
Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 10:00pm On Dec 26, 2021
Okeedu:
Life as it comes,rest in peace man,u lived the life and u will always be remembered
Am anticipating a documentary movie about him,later on,just to know more about him.legends like this are rare

Guys check out my signature
I've got a guaranteed option for those interested

Check this out from 2014. I haven't yet.

Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by heniford2: 10:02pm On Dec 26, 2021
TMKsouth:

cool

Thanks, henifraud.
i did bring down my gun today on u buh looks like your zombie head is far from Realties of life abi undecided
Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by fergie001: 10:17pm On Dec 26, 2021
TMKsouth:
OMG, YOU KNOW MAMA ANGIE grin grin grin! You never seize to amaze - SA encyclopaedia.

She was a fav of mine.
Some of us who are very good with our phones know what Mzansi represents....So for someone like her to have taken it upon herself is something truly worth remembering her for.

I heard she died of respiratory causes. May she RIP.
Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 10:19pm On Dec 26, 2021
heniford2:
i did bring down my gun today on u buh looks like your zombie head is far from Realties of life abi undecided

Okay heniford, sorry. Was just teasing u.

We aren't as sad in SA as you guys might be overseas. He's joined the other great leaders of the liberation struggle - I believe he's the last. But we're truly proud of him. He was really elderly and ill now - let's allow him to rest.

Thanks for your kind words.
Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 10:23pm On Dec 26, 2021
fergie001:

Some of us who are very good with our phones know what Mzansi represents....So for someone like her to have taken it upon herself is something truly worth remembering her for.

I heard she died of respiratory causes. May she RIP.

Yeah, pneumonia. I also lost a friend to pneumonia in September amid covid fears. So we don't know anymore.

The fact that the Arch also passed away at this time when celebs have been dropping like flies has lulled us to the pain and hysteria. We just also still recovering from de Klerk a few weeks ago - so SA is surprisingly chilled over this news.
Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by leofab(f): 10:52pm On Dec 26, 2021
Officialgarri:
My respect for Desmond dropped a bit when he campaigned for legalization of Same sex marriage.

I may be wrong but that's how I felt
but your respect didn’t drop when you all are shouting ‘ Black Lives Matter’ ? Awon one sided freedom fighter..

1 Like

Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by fergie001: 10:52pm On Dec 26, 2021
TMKsouth:

Yeah, pneumonia. I also lost a friend to pneumonia in September amid covid fears. So we don't know anymore.
My condolences

The fact that the Arch also passed away at this time when celebs have been dropping like flies has lulled us to the pain and hysteria. We just also still recovering from de Klerk a few weeks ago - so SA is surprisingly chilled over this news.
I was looking at a list yesterday of SA celebrities that have died and I was like wow.....I think SA was hardest hit, everyone should stay safe over there.

1 Like

Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by favour32(m): 10:55pm On Dec 26, 2021
Respect to Desmond Tutu.
Nobody is perfect (however interest in gay right) but he was generally a good man
Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 11:15pm On Dec 26, 2021
fergie001:

My condolences

I was looking at a list yesterday of SA celebrities that have died and I was like wow.....I think SA was hardest hit, everyone should stay safe over there.

Thank you for the condolences - I'm fine now.

It's been a bloodbath. I'm getting my booster tomorrow. Are you jabbed or is it a secret knowing how contentious the issue is over there grin
Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by AllahIsSatan: 11:42pm On Dec 26, 2021
What an absolutely stupid thing to say! It was obvious that Tutu's moral compass was pointing in a different direction from what the Bible says, so the honourable thing for him to do should have been to resign from the Church. The man lived and died as a coward who lacked the courage to follow his convictions to their logical conclusion.

TMKsouth:

His own daughter who is also a priest is gay and was ostracized by the church, so he knows what gay people go through - unlike homophobes who pass judgement and hate on people they know nothing about.
Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by fergie001: 11:54pm On Dec 26, 2021
TMKsouth:
Thank you for the condolences - I'm fine now.

It's been a bloodbath. I'm getting my booster tomorrow. Are you jabbed or is it a secret knowing how contentious the issue is over there grin
jabbed? No...

More than half the population aren't, infact, if for not for the regulations here, only a handful will grin
Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 12:16am On Dec 27, 2021
AllahIsSatan:
What an absolutely stupid thing to say! It was obvious that Tutu's moral compass was pointing in a different direction from what the Bible says, so the honourable thing for him to do should have been to resign from the Church. The man lived and died as a coward who lacked the courage to follow his convictions to their logical conclusion.

Let's talk again the day you have a gay child ok. Right now you're just screaming from the sidelines.

1 Like

Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 12:20am On Dec 27, 2021
fergie001:

jabbed? No...

More than half the population aren't, infact, if for not for the regulations here, only a handful will grin

Yeah, I've noticed u guys are seriously anti-covid & vax. I believe its due to low levels of trust in the Nigerian government in general.

2 Likes

Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by AllahIsSatan: 12:25am On Dec 27, 2021
I'll never have a gay child because my children will be raised right. And there's no such thing as a gay gene.

[img]https://images./31tN20yEAATvIXRrWrEoVL.jpg[/img]

TMKsouth:

Let's talk again the day you have a gay child ok. Right now you're just screaming from the sidelines.
Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 12:43am On Dec 27, 2021
AllahIsSatan:
I'll never have a gay child because my children will be raised right. And there's no such thing as a gay gene.

U can only fool fools like u. Unlike you I actually read and can't be misled with half truths. Here's what those scientists concluded - even though there's no gay gene.

The researchers said: "We established that the underlying genetic architecture is highly complex , there is certainly no single genetic determinant - sometimes referred to as the 'gay gene' in the media"

U want to create the impression it's damning against gay people and it's NOT. They left the door open to other various genetic determinants.

2 Likes

Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by fergie001: 6:52am On Dec 27, 2021
TMKsouth:

Yeah, I've noticed u guys are seriously anti-covid & vax. I believe its due to low levels of trust in the Nigerian Government in general.
Exactly.....

1 Like

Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by samx4real(m): 7:38am On Dec 27, 2021
Officialgarri:
My respect for Desmond dropped a bit when he campaigned for legalization of Same sex marriage.

I may be wrong but that's how I felt

The guy dey hell noe for that campaign.
Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 9:31am On Dec 27, 2021
The Arch's funeral will be on New Year's Day

Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 9:32am On Dec 27, 2021
Outside Tutu's home in Soweto where he lived while in Johannesburg

Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 9:38am On Dec 27, 2021
Outside Tutu's home in Cape Town where he was currently living

Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 9:45am On Dec 27, 2021
Memorial outside St George's Cathedral in Cape Town where Tutu's body will lay in state

Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by GGirll: 12:11pm On Dec 27, 2021
I'm sure he was a member likewise others, they make you famous in your work or art and make you a world celebrity but to what end, all will stand at d judgement seat of God to answer for oneself of all deeds so be mindful of d choices you make, if live above 100 years,you are very lucky but think deep about what you do now n always n check out your age now, try to calculate n know that there's no more much time soon most people here will be no more n enter eternity of life or death make your own choice. Rest on Tutu.
Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by EKOSuperior(m): 12:13pm On Dec 27, 2021
He was a good man, may his soul rest in peace.
Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by AllahIsSatan: 1:42pm On Dec 27, 2021
Are you really this stupid or are you trying to get on my nerves?

there is certainly no single genetic determinant - sometimes referred to as the 'gay gene' in the media"

That foregoing destroys whatever slim hope you fäggots were entertaining of ascribing your unwholesome and filthy lifestyle to genetics.

Genes are passed on through reproduction. Same sex couples have never been able to reproduce so there was no way they could have passed on any same sex genes.

Your stupidity is even more pathetic than the state of your overstretched rectum.

TMKsouth:

U can only fool fools like u. Unlike you I actually read and can't be misled with half truths. Here's what those scientists concluded - even though there's no gay gene.

The researchers said: "We established that the underlying genetic architecture is highly complex , there is certainly no single genetic determinant - sometimes referred to as the 'gay gene' in the media"

U want to create the impression it's damning against gay people and it's NOT. They left the door open to other various genetic determinants.
Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 3:40pm On Dec 27, 2021
AllahIsSatan:
Are you really this stupid or are you trying to get on my nerves?

there is certainly no single genetic determinant - sometimes referred to as the 'gay gene' in the media"

That foregoing destroys whatever slim hope you fäggots were entertaining of ascribing your unwholesome and filthy lifestyle to genetics.

Genes are passed on through reproduction. Same sex couples have never been able to reproduce so there was no way they could have passed on any same sex genes.

Your stupidity is even more pathetic than the state of your overstretched rectum.

U can't read, so stop my wasting my time. Go back to Grade 7 so they could break it down for u what the line in bold means. I won't do it for u - I have zero love or patience for homophobes.

1 Like

Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by donjazet(m): 4:32pm On Dec 27, 2021
od501:

You arr right bro...the same here. Africa is slowly losing her values.
What "values" are these?
Re: The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 5:14pm On Dec 27, 2021
The Arch to be cremated and ashes interred (kept permanently) at St George's Cathedral in Cape Town.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship / Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN / Canada Wonderland Park- Nairalander Experience: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.