Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,877 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

"Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. (1035 Views)

The High Rate Of Immoral Sex Amongst Young People Today / About The High Rate Of Immoral Sex Amongst Young People Today / Why Has Pre-marital Sex Become A Norm In Our Society Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by HISSCRIBE1995: 1:48pm On Dec 26, 2021
[/color]
as believers
we are told what kind of words to speak in this scripture which says
Ephesians 4:29
[29]Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.

the kind of words we were admonished to speak should Also be the kinds of words we give our ears to .
it says "words that are good for necessary edification that it may impart grace to the hearers."

so the kind of music we should listen to should be music and songs that impart grace and edifies our spirit ,soul and body .
songs that edifies and purifies our eviroment ,songs that doesn't corrupt our minds ,or enrages our emotion towards the part of destruction .
songs that should be comfortable for but the children and adult to listen to .
songs that ministers virtue ,godliness and morality to our hearts .

but the issue is: does majority of the songs we give ourselves to fits into such criteria ?
will you feel comfortable if you caught your children vibing to the kinds of songs you took pleasure in ?
will you be proud to see your children become like the artist that sing such songs in character ,in words and in ambition?

there is a popular musician or singer in Nigeria called "Naira Marley ."

this fellow I think (there is room for correction) is the one of those made immoral songs so influential in Nigeria that almost every popular artist in Nigeria has to follow that line to remain relevance in some aspect in the secular music industry today .

he sang about sexual immorality ,sang about internet fraud called yahoo yahoo ,
he sang about masturbation in his song titled "soapy" which is a very popular song
he sang about different immoral acts.

he has even become a role model to some folks, and has a group of followers called "marlians."
these are adherent ,and enthusiasts of the his philosophies .
his image has even become a thing of celebration has you would sometimes see his posters paste on vehicles , tricycles(keke napep) and motor bikes .

this meant that this fellow, (naira Marley ) his music ,his style ,and his image has come to stay, and the youth of our time are ready to follow the path he paved by the power and influence of the principalities and powers of immorality.

so many upcoming artist are treading the path of naira Marley and are hoping to gain the heart of the society ,and influence them like he did .

there is this other female singer whose song has a lyrics that talks about burning the church .
a minister even ask the choir to sing that song inside the Church without ommiting that part that threatens the existence if the body of Christ of which she claims to be a minister .

now somebody might want to say "but it's just a song -an ordinary song -it is not has if she's going around burning churches ,beisdes the same artist sang about Christmas ,and she is even a christian so (mr op) stop being myopic and stop displaying religious bigotry
(I love giving chance for criticism)

i would reply " yes it is just a song and if you can get just a song you can influence the soul of a people without their knowledge or awareness .
the song soapy has inspired many to masturbate ,the song "able god " and the song "wetin we gain " has inspired many into Internet fraud .etc

so it's not just a song (as you would want to believe )it is a means of influencing the will ,intellect, mind ,and emotions of an individual.

songs are system of transportation through which invinsible spirits behind their inspiration could invade the visible realm by the instrumentality of those who listen to the song or sing the song.

now I didnt write this to judge naira Marley or anyone .
I myself was once a sinner ,a chronic masturbator ,a lover and singer of immoral ,violent and ungodly songs .
I didnt write this to cast a stone
I wrote it out of love and care for whoever would listen .
the bible said Ephesians 2:1-5
[1]And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins,
[2]in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,
[3]among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
[4]But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
[5]even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),

if then we have been saved and separated from the works of darkness then the scripture encourages us .it says in
1 Peter 1:15-16
[15]but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct,
[16]because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”

brethren I know that some think the kinds of things we listen to doesn't matter ,but it does matter ,
for if I should insult you ,you will be offended ,and if I give my ears to evil backbiting against you ,you will equally be offended .

there are things that displeases the holy spirit that is within you when you listen to them ,and there are things that pleases him when you listen to them .
the things that please the holy spirit are
whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy .Philippians 4:8
these are the kinds of songs and words we should speak or listen to in songs .

I did not write these to judge or to criticize but to edify ,admonish,and impart grace unto godliness.
Amen.

Celebrate Christmas with songs that glorify Christ.

Merry Christmas,and a happy and prosperous new year .

Cc.#Lalasticlala
Cc.#mynd44
Cc.#dominic .your attention is needed

[color=#990000]

1 Like

Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by Dekadet(m): 2:16pm On Dec 26, 2021
As God has disciples so does Satan. As you wouldn't expect God's disciples to speak immoral or corrupt words don't expect the devil's to speak uplifting or words that might lift the soul.
Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by HISSCRIBE1995: 2:24pm On Dec 26, 2021
Dekadet:
As God has disciples so does Satan. As you wouldn't expect God's disciples to speak immoral or corrupt words don't expect the devil's to speak uplifting or words that might lift the soul.
He "said go into all the world and make disciples " so it is our responsibility to convert that disciple of Satan to God's disciple .

Merry Christmas

1 Like

Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by HISSCRIBE1995: 3:11pm On Dec 26, 2021
Merry Christmas to everyone out there
Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by HISSCRIBE1995: 3:32pm On Dec 26, 2021
This one said all songs were composed and produced in heaven .
Is it including sappy ?
Is it including juju
Is it including mami water etc.

Mynd4409

Maybe he has changed his mind today

Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by HISSCRIBE1995: 3:36pm On Dec 26, 2021
This is what I'm talking about

Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by HISSCRIBE1995: 7:37pm On Dec 27, 2021
Something new might drop soon
Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:00pm On Dec 27, 2021
Dekadet:

Even your so called popular gospel Queen Tope Alabi is a Malian! cheesy

Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by HISSCRIBE1995: 10:34pm On Dec 28, 2021
Do you say these because you are against her believe system (she isnt part of your denomination)
Or you said so because you were concerned and burned to see the ministers of the gospel express righteousness has a lifestyle?

Your reply is highly anticipated sir
Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:19pm On Dec 28, 2021
HISSCRIBE1995:

Do you say these because you are against her believe system (she isnt part of your denomination)
Or you said so because you were concerned and burned to see the ministers of the gospel express righteousness has a lifestyle?
Your reply is highly anticipated sir

Do you want to know the truth?
Music has nothing to do with God as long as it has been commercialized, singers, drummers, instrumentalists, producers, marketers, show organizers and all others connected to the industry are after money making.
So don't let anyone deceive you, it's the fans that determines the lyrics of your music stars.
It's the feelings and likeness of the fans that determines what the singer will utter.
I was into music during my early twenties so i can tell you the secret behind music.
Naira Mali is the same with any other musician you can think of as long as they're targeting fans their goal is the same: Money Making! undecided

1 Like

Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by HISSCRIBE1995: 2:32pm On Jan 01, 2022
So if it's all about money making ,and not about god then why do you quote or mentioned a gospel artist from whom you do not expect godliness in this discussion that is about godliness?

If you claim Satan will always be Satan why do you expect anything god to come out of hell ?

#Maxindhouse
Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:29pm On Jan 01, 2022
HISSCRIBE1995:

So if it's all about money making ,and not about god then why do you quote or mentioned a gospel artist from whom you do not expect godliness in this discussion that is about godliness? If you claim Satan will always be Satan why do you expect anything god to come out of hell? #Maxindhouse

All commercial entertainers are after money not God, that's why Jesus said:

"No one can slave for two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stick to the one and despise the other. You cannot slave for God and for (Mammon)" Matthew 6:24

Have you ever read or heard of a commercial musician in the history of God's people?
Well it's impossible because all Israelites sing praises to their God unitedly so no one could be regarded as a music Star since their songs will be mocked by pagans who doesn't see anything good in the God Israelites are singing praises to! Psalms 137:1-4

So anytime you see a commercial musician know that they're not performing to praise God, the spirit dictating the tone and lyrics of their music is Mammon (ancient god of riches)

There is no connection between what those entertainers are doing and the true God, because money navigates every bit of their moves! smiley
Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by HISSCRIBE1995: 6:58pm On Jan 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

All commercial entertainers are after money not God, that's why Jesus said:

"No one can slave for two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stick to the one and despise the other. You cannot slave for God and for (Mammon)" Matthew 6:24

Have you ever read or heard of a commercial musician in the history of God's people?
Well it's impossible because all Israelites sing praises to their God unitedly so no one could be regarded as a music Star since their songs will be mocked by pagans who doesn't see anything good in the God Israelites are singing praises to! Psalms 137:1-4

So anytime you see a commercial musician know that they're not performing to praise God, the spirit dictating the tone and lyrics of their music is Mammon (ancient god of riches)

There is no connection between what those entertainers are doing and the true God, because money navigates every bit of their moves! smiley

Do you listen to any song sang by any of these commercial singers who weren't after god ?

And besides this topic is not about commercial singer or not but about the content of a music and how it affect the human soul and environment.
Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:33pm On Jan 01, 2022
HISSCRIBE1995:

Do you listen to any song sang by any of these commercial singers who weren't after god ?
And besides this topic is not about commercial singer or not but about the content of a music and how it affect the human soul and environment.

Please if you feel i should take my leave don't hesitate to tell me, it's not by force that you and i chat.

My comments is to help others.
There's nothing to commercial entertainers because they're all looking for money, hence it's what they knew will attract more fans that they will sing.
What you supposed to ask is:
Why is it that immorality is what interests people these days?
In the 70s when we were growing musicians do fear to sing immoral songs because most people will not even listen so no producer or marketer will invest his money on such kind of songs. But gradually a mystical wind of change started blowing and everything changed.

That's why you can see someone like Tope Alabi whom most of you highly respected could also be a fan of Naira Marley. She knows that they're all looking for fans and not righteousness! smiley
Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by HISSCRIBE1995: 7:34pm On Jan 01, 2022
Happy new year
Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:11pm On Jan 01, 2022
HISSCRIBE1995:
Happy new year
Thank you! smiley
Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by HISSCRIBE1995: 12:50pm On Jan 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Please if you feel i should take my leave don't hesitate to tell me, it's not by force that you and i chat.

My comments is to help others.
There's nothing to commercial entertainers because they're all looking for money, hence it's what they knew will attract more fans that they will sing.
What you supposed to ask is:
Why is it that immorality is what interests people these days?
In the 70s when we were growing musicians do fear to sing immoral songs because most people will not even listen so no producer or marketer will invest his money on such kind of songs. But gradually a mystical wind of change started blowing and everything changed.

That's why you can see someone like Tope Alabi whom most of you highly respected could also be a fan of Naira Marley. She knows that they're all looking for fans and not righteousness! smiley

So you know how to look for rightteous ?
Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:37pm On Jan 02, 2022
HISSCRIBE1995:

So you know how to look for rightteous ?

You're entitled to your opinion Sir! smiley
Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by HISSCRIBE1995: 11:46am On Mar 14, 2022
I will keep pushing these topic to the front by God's grace
Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by HISSCRIBE1995: 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2022
Keep pushing to the top
Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by KnownUnknown: 5:15pm On Mar 14, 2022
Lack of critical thinking skills will lead one to blame a man born in 1991 for the decadence in Nigeria.

Naira Marley is a product of ignorant and superstitious parents, intellectually moribund religious institutions, utterly corrupt governments, and the intellectual and moral rot of the society he was unfortunate to be born into.

How old was Naira Marley when Babangida stole the nations wealth and retired comfortably to Minna, never worrying about prosecution? How old was Naira Marley when Abacha used the nations wealth to build up the Swiss banking system instead of his own country?
How old was Naira Marley when the Oyedepos and Adeboyes started their lucrative scams?
How old was Naira Marley when yahoo yahoo became prominent?

Mr. Marley is a symptom and definitely not the cause.
Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by HISSCRIBE1995: 7:17pm On Mar 16, 2022
KnownUnknown:
Lack of critical thinking skills will lead one to blame a man born in 1991 for the decadence in Nigeria.

Naira Marley is a product of ignorant and superstitious parents, intellectually moribund religious institutions, utterly corrupt governments, and the intellectual and moral rot of the society he was unfortunate to be born into.

How old was Naira Marley when Babangida stole the nations wealth and retired comfortably to Minna, never worrying about prosecution? How old was Naira Marley when Abacha used the nations wealth to build up the Swiss banking system instead of his own country?
How old was Naira Marley when the Oyedepos and Adeboyes started their lucrative scams?
How old was Naira Marley when yahoo yahoo became prominent?

Mr. Marley is a symptom and definitely not the cause.

This is self -contradictory sir .
These names you mentioned could as well find who to blame for whatever accusation you have against them -they too would definitely find some persons in their early years who they perceive as the villains of their time , whose actions we could as well say were the causes of whatever aberrations you nailed on them .

So these individuals would end up as you say being classified among the symptoms and not cause or causes .

But if you think that those should be blamed for what ever wrong you claimed they did then I think it would be wise not to "completely" exonerate naira Marley from the cause of what we're discussing about .
Yeah .otherwise your statement would end up being a paradox.

Many would also come in the future with different sordid innovations and will seek someone who lived in the past to tag as the cause of whatever they did and them -symptoms as you said .

Everyone would end up being symptoms and not cause .
Maybe you are right.
Satan would end up being the ultimate cause while others would be symptoms .
No man can self-generate godliness or iniquity , man is a receptive ,and a Dependant being . he is a vessel and medium of manifestion for various spiritual being many of whose impact ,influence,and dominion over his life are non- cognizant to his carnal mind .
He is a victim not the real culprit .
But to be a victim is a matter of choice
Many don't know that they are being victimized they thought they're living their lives but nah! They're getting abused and they think it pleasurable.

I have even stated these things up there in the post but I think you weren't mindful of them .
your mind was drafted to blaming men ,while dodging the real culprit who is Satan .

He influences men as God does
Nevertheless humans share blame and are registered for judgement.
Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by HISSCRIBE1995: 10:26am On Mar 17, 2022
So many things to say about this
Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by KnownUnknown: 11:06am On Mar 17, 2022
HISSCRIBE1995:

This is self -contradictory sir .
These names you mentioned could as well find who to blame for whatever accusation you have against them -they too would definitely find some persons in their early years who they perceive as the villains of their time , whose actions we could as well say were the causes of whatever aberrations you nailed on them .

They would be wrong because they are the villains that created the situation. Also, unlike Naira Marley, they were the stewards of the state not entertainers influenced by the society they created.

HISSCRIBE1995:

So these individuals would end up as you say being classified among the symptoms and not cause or causes

No, they are the causes not the symptom. They were amongst the deleterious line of leaders that the country has been burdened with and Naira Marley is not.

HISSCRIBE1995:

But if you think that those should be blamed for what ever wrong you claimed they did then I think it would be wise not to "completely" exonerate naira Marley from the cause of what we're discussing about .

I’m not “claiming” they did anything wrong when It is obvious that they were horrible stewards of the country. Naira Marley has never been in charge of any institution, made any decree, or laws. He is the product of the society headed by theses corrupt characters who were irredeemable corrupt before Naira Marley’s 1991 birth.

HISSCRIBE1995:

Yeah .otherwise your statement would end up being a paradox.

No it is not.

HISSCRIBE1995:

Many would also come in the future with different sordid innovations and will seek someone who lived in the past to tag as the cause of whatever they did and them -symptoms as you said .
Everyone would end up being symptoms and not cause.

You blame the people in charge based on their ability to influence and direct the cause of society. You can’t blame an entertainer who is not charged with creating a progressive society. You blame the ones who are in charge of the government apparatus. e.g. Dino Melanie cannot blame the people in the past for his sordid innovations because he became part of the ruling class that is supposed to steer society in proper manner, so he is a cause not a symptom.

HISSCRIBE1995:

Maybe you are right.
Satan would end up being the ultimate cause while others would be symptoms .
No man can self-generate godliness or iniquity , man is a receptive ,and a Dependant being . he is a vessel and medium of manifestion for various spiritual being many of whose impact ,influence,and dominion over his life are non- cognizant to his carnal mind .
He is a victim not the real culprit .
But to be a victim is a matter of choice
Many don't know that they are being victimized they thought they're living their lives but nah! They're getting abused and they think it pleasurable.

I have even stated these things up there in the post but I think you weren't mindful of them .
your mind was drafted to blaming men ,while dodging the real culprit who is Satan .

He influences men as God does
Nevertheless humans share blame and are registered for judgement.

All of these is just nonsense. However, look in the mirror and look at your fellow Christians for people who think their abuse is pleasurable.
Re: "Naira Marley "And The "Influence Of Immoral Songs" In Our Society. by HISSCRIBE1995: 6:32pm On Apr 29, 2022
I stand still on what I wrote

(1) (Reply)

Religion Gist / Today With Jesus Devotional 2022 By Nkem Ndubuisi / What Is The Punishment For Fornication In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.