Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,603 members, 7,823,619 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People (5424 Views)

2023: Northerners Need Someone From North, Not Igbo Or Yoruba – Atiku / Chibuike Amechi Is My Name, I Am Igbo From Ikwere And Ikwere People Are Igbo. / Goodluck Jonathan Commissions Roads In Ikwere, Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by ebufa: 12:46pm On Dec 29, 2021
kingawothefirst:

I’m glad you know and acknowledge that igbo women are oloshos, and na their toto cheap pass grin

the only thing you tribe of betrayers exceed us in is ur insurmountable proficiency in skull mining and your unquenchable hunger for olosho flesh! blubber-lipped conehead freaks!
Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by JOemmy(m): 12:56pm On Dec 29, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kanyidaily.com/2020/11/i-am-not-igbo-governor-wike-clarifies-confusion-about-his-name-and-link-to-ikwere-people-video.html/amp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3ANmx2mhOU

Wail from now till tomorrow, Ikwerre is not ibo.

This is just politics for the vp position the north and the west still sees wike as an Igbo man they can't vote for him to become president of nigeria just like they won't support any other Igbo man in the core five igbo speaking states.
Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2021
JOemmy:

This is just politics for the vp position the north and the west still sees wike as an Igbo man they can't vote for him to become president of nigeria just like they won't support any other Igbo man in the core five igbo speaking states.
Which North and West see woke as an Igbo man? Mr Man, say what you know.

Woke is an Ikwerre man.
Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by oyatz(m): 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2021
JOemmy:

I bet u if any Igbo person becomes president of nigeria all these groups denying their igbo identity will definitely retrace their steps immediately.

Why and how?

1 Like

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by oyatz(m): 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2021
JOemmy:

You wrongly assume that it is the North and the West that determine who should be Igbo or who shouldn't be.

3 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by christistruth01: 6:42pm On Dec 29, 2021
Investigative:

Yoruba is an Hausa word meaning unreliable
The Yoruba took it as an identity and still live up to it
Hence you can never see an ancient yoruba town with prefix or suffix Yoruba

Yoruba Is from Oyo Oba which means the same as Oyo Alaafin or Alaafins Oyo

Hausa pronounced it Yoruba it was never meant to be an insult
Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by chrisxxx(m): 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2021
I am Ikwerre. The worst thing you can do to an Ikwerre man is to associate him with anything Igbo. If you call him Igbo you have indirectly called him a slave.
I think the problem started with the first set of Igbos he encountered. The Igbos first seen in Ikwerre Land were slaves sold to Europeans in numbers that were transported through Ikwerre Land. This made Ikwerre man to believe that anything Igbo is slave. Don't blame us we are not Igbos. Okrika man knows who Igbos are same as Ogoni and other minorities in Rivers State
I will also educate you on why some who claimed to Ikwerre would also claim Igbo. Those are Aro descendants. They are found in Isiokpo, Elele and other places. Till date Ikwerre treat them like second class citizens.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by BKayy: 7:46pm On Dec 29, 2021
[s]
chrisxxx:
I am Ikwerre. The worst thing you can do to an Ikwerre man is to associate him with anything Igbo. If you call him Igbo you have indirectly called him a slave.
I think the problem started with the first set of Igbos he encountered. The Igbos first seen in Ikwerre Land were slaves sold to Europeans in numbers that were transported through Ikwerre Land. This made Ikwerre man to believe that anything Igbo is slave. Don't blame us we are not Igbos. Okrika man knows who Igbos are same as Ogoni and other minorities in Rivers State
I will also educate you on why some who claimed to Ikwerre would also claim Igbo. Those are Aro descendants. They are found in Isiokpo, Elele and other places. Till date Ikwerre treat them like second class citizens.
[/s]
You are a bloody liar.
Isiokpo is considered as the Head of all Ikwerre so don't lie in public. Isiokpo position in Ikwerre land is due to its heritage as Aro. So which first Igbo did you say your people encountered that were slaves? When the first Isiokpo is of the Aro stock who has monopoly of slave trade in along its southern domain which includes Ikwerre, Okirika, Bonny and where Ijaw people are hiding.

And secondly, everything South of Arochukwu fell victim to their wrath during the slave trade.

Thirdly, from the way most of you kids talk about slavery and Igbo, you forget that in many parts of Igboland they still have those of slave descent and they don't intermarry with the Nwafọ/dị ala.
It is obvious that it is those that were on the wrong side of slavery like your family, Jo men etc that make mouth with it. Ask your ancestors how it was those days

One question, if slavery returns will you and your kindred survive it?

7 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by chrisxxx(m): 10:35pm On Dec 29, 2021
BKayy:
[s][/s]
You are a bloody liar.
Isiokpo is considered as the Head of all Ikwerre so don't lie in public. Isiokpo position in Ikwerre land is due to its heritage as Aro. So which first Igbo did you say your people encountered that were slaves? When the first Isiokpo is of the Aro stock who has monopoly of slave trade in along its southern domain which includes Ikwerre, Okirika, Bonny and where Ijaw people are hiding.

And secondly, everything South of Arochukwu fell victim to their wrath during the slave trade.

Thirdly, from the way most of you kids talk about slavery and Igbo, you forget that in many parts of Igboland they still have those of slave descent and they don't intermarry with the Nwafọ/dị ala.
It is obvious that it is those that were on the wrong side of slavery like your family, Jo men etc that make mouth with it. Ask your ancestors how it was those days

One question, if slavery returns will you and your kindred survive it?
I will not reply all your insults. I want to throw more lights. The Aro people were chased away or by themselves ran away from many Ikwerre Land. Isiokpo people gave them a place to stay. Till date they are still treated as outcast in Isiokpo.

4 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by SlayerForever: 10:47pm On Dec 29, 2021
[s]
chrisxxx:

I will not reply all your insults. I want to throw more lights. The Aro people were chased away or by themselves ran away from many Ikwerre Land. Isiokpo people gave them a place to stay. Till date they are still treated as outcast in Isiokpo.
[/s]

If you make 10 comments on Nairaland 9 are silly. You're quite the chump.

4 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by chrisxxx(m): 6:19am On Dec 30, 2021
SlayerForever:
[s][/s]

If you make 10 comments on Nairaland 9 are silly. You're quite the chump.
Where is your mentor and dilector and lefeledum progenitor? Fool. Come and take Ikwerre Land.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by Aboks(m): 7:00am On Dec 30, 2021
Ikwerre is not igbo & igbo is not ikwerre

let all baby factory products leave ikwerre alone

3 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by BKayy: 7:23am On Dec 30, 2021
chrisxxx:

LOL. All these children of nowadays.
You chase Aro from Ikwerre? You need to ask your learned people why Isiokpo was and is still considered as the Head of all Ikwerre.
It has something to do with religion. Just like you Christians have a thing for your clergy, those days most of you down south have a thing for Aro.
The breeze blew not only around the Igbo part but also Ibibio, Efik and later on the new inhabitants called Ijaw.

Ask questions before Isiokpo people banish your family from Ikwerre land. That is if you are one BTW.

5 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by SlayerForever: 8:43am On Dec 30, 2021
[s]
chrisxxx:

Where is your mentor and dilector and lefeledum progenitor? Fool. Come and take Ikwerre Land.
[/s]

Proves me right again smiley

2 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by chrisxxx(m): 9:27am On Dec 30, 2021
SlayerForever:
[s][/s]

Proves me right again smiley
Friend you have always been a fool. Go through your posts. From Bonny to Opobo to Ikwerre Land. Must you covet others?

1 Like

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by SlayerForever: 9:29am On Dec 30, 2021
chrisxxx:

Friend you have always been a fool. Go through your posts. From Bonny to Opobo to Ikwerre Land. Must you covet others?

Hahaha. Just to reiterate. Any Bini slave will be forcefully ejected from Alaigbo, back to slavery in Ile Ibinu. And sanity restored in the land. That's all that matters.

5 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by chrisxxx(m): 9:33am On Dec 30, 2021
BKayy:

LOL. All these children of nowadays.
You chase Aro from Ikwerre? You need to ask your learned people why Isiokpo was and is still considered as the Head of all Ikwerre.
It has something to do with religion. Just like you Christians have a thing for your clergy, those days most of you down south have a thing for Aro.
The breeze blew not only around the Igbo part but also Ibibio, Efik and later on the new inhabitants called Ijaw.

Ask questions before Isiokpo people banish your family from Ikwerre land. That is if you are one BTW.
I tried to explain to you that the Aro descendants in Isiokpo have not problem with identifying with being Igbo. It is mostly their descendants who always come online to support the overzealous Igbo that Ikwerre is Igbo. No Isiokpo man will you that Ikwerre is Igbo.
Travel out and see people speaking similar language but different people.
Finland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden speak similar language but different people.
Poland and Ukraine including Russia.
Portugal and Spain. Malaysia and Indonesia. Even here in Nigeria Isoko and Urhobo.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by chrisxxx(m): 9:35am On Dec 30, 2021
SlayerForever:

Hahaha. Just to reiterate. Any Bini slave will be forcefully ejected from Alaigbo, back to slavery in Ile Ibinu. And sanity restored in the land. That's all that matters.
From time immemorial Igbos have always been slave to all ethnic group around them including to the Binis.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by BKayy: 10:01am On Dec 30, 2021
chrisxxx:

I tried to explain to you that the Aro descendants in Isiokpo have not problem with identifying with being Igbo. It is mostly their descendants who always come online to support the overzealous Igbo that Ikwerre is Igbo. No Isiokpo man will you that Ikwerre is Igbo.
Travel out and see people speaking similar language but different people.
Finland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden speak similar language but different people.
Poland and Ukraine including Russia.
Portugal and Spain. Malaysia and Indonesia. Even here in Nigeria Isoko and Urhobo.
I can see that you got the wrong notion from my comment.
Mr. Man I don't care what Ikwerre people choose to identify as. I am only concerned with your history distortion, most especially the fallacy on Isiokpo.

Oga I am from the place that consider anybody that is not part of them inferior, but unlike you people and Ijaw that ride on fake history for yours, ours have a reasonable backing but for some good reasons most of us have risen above such mindset and we never for once doubt our identity. That's why when I see you inferiors claiming boss without substance I just laugh.

Sometimes I imagine what you people would have done if you were us. Or what Ijaw people would have done if they were Aro that monopolised that slave trade. I guess we won't hear word again or cross road for both of you.

Its like God gave people what they could handle.

3 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by SlayerForever: 10:03am On Dec 30, 2021
[s]
chrisxxx:

From time immemorial Igbos have always been slave to all ethnic group around them including to the Binis.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by JANK23H(m): 3:00pm On Dec 30, 2021
chrisxxx:

This is one of the reasons for the numerous threads they create.To obliterate their obvious history.

3 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by JANK23H(m): 3:04pm On Dec 30, 2021
BKayy:

I can see that you got the wrong notion from my comment.
Mr. Man I don't care what Ikwerre people choose to identify as. I am only concerned with your history distortion, most especially the fallacy on Isiokpo.

Oga I am from the place that consider anybody that is not part of them inferior, but unlike you people and Ijaw that ride on fake history for yours, ours have a reasonable backing but for some good reasons most of us have risen above such mindset and we never for once doubt our identity. That's why when I see you inferiors claiming boss without substance I just laugh.

Sometimes I imagine what you people would have done if you were us. Or what Ijaw people would have done if they were Aro that monopolised that slave trade. I guess we won't hear word again or cross road for both of you.

Its like God gave people what they could handle.
He just has to bring to Ijos in to make himself feel good.

Inferiority complex is dealing with you boy.

4 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by BKayy: 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2021
JANK23H:

He just has to bring to Ijos in to make himself feel good.

Inferiority complex is dealing with you boy.
Inferiority complex to drunkards?
This is the side effect of drinking kai kai on an empty stomach.
You start imagining things anyhow.

3 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by JANK23H(m): 7:54pm On Dec 30, 2021
BKayy:

Inferiority complex to drunkards?
This is the side effect of drinking kai kai on an empty stomach.
You start imagining things anyhow.
grin

You know the truth boy,in the recess of your mind you do.Having poured over several literature, you're faced with the discomforting fact who your masters are.You just can't bring yourselves to accept it.

I can bet my left ball you get Jo-men nightmares.

4 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by BKayy: 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2021
JANK23H:

grin

You know the truth boy,in the recess of your mind you do.Having poured over several literature, you're faced with the discomforting fact who your masters are.You just can't bring yourselves to accept it.

I can bet my left balls you get Jo-men nightmares.
Getting discomfort from something borne out of severe inferiority and mere wishes?

The only proven something between me and you drunks is that your ancestors used to worship mine, any other thing is mere wishes which end up backfiring like that of Scottish Jo (John) Wedderburn whom you savages of no history claimed to be one of you.

When you talk about people with slaves, you talk about people like the Igbo family in the picture

4 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by JANK23H(m): 8:01pm On Dec 30, 2021
BKayy:

Getting discomfort from something borne out of severe inferiority and mere wishes?

The only proven something between me and you drunks is that your ancestors used to worship mine, any other thing is mere wishes which end up backfiring like that of Scottish Jo (John) Wedderburn whom you savages of no history claimed to be one of you.

When you talk about serves and people with slaves, you talk about people like the family in the picture
You are speaking "girama".

History is what it is.You can't wish it away.

4 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by BKayy: 8:05pm On Dec 30, 2021
JANK23H:

You are speaking "girama".

History is what it is.You can't wish it away.
History is not borne out of wishes, talkless of that of a drunkard.

None of the recorded part has been to your favour. If there is any, I challenge you to drop it here.

Until then, you lots are just unfortunate drunkards with no history that think of themselves Aro whom unfortunately they worshipped.

4 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by IDENNAA(m): 8:31pm On Dec 30, 2021
chrisxxx:

Nothing but a dream playing out in your world of wishes...lol

You , an Ikwerre man , has absolutely nothing over Igbo , both precolonially and presently. You have nothing worthy of emulation...take this from me.

I am from Anambra and Nri descendant and I will spit on you and your culture of men who dance with wobbling buttocks like akwuna-kwuna whoress.

You see those red cap you boorish Ikwerre politicians love to wear , it's strictly for Ndi Nze na Ozo , and not untitled elements like Wike and Amaechi.

If you want to be proud and throw jabs at Igbo I will advice you start by being proud of your culture.

My home town of Umuoji has achieved more fame than all Ikwerre clan , put together.

Cc.chrisxxx

5 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 30, 2021
Igbos wey no get history no go let person rest

Abegi

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

LASG To GRV: Sanwo-olu Never Paid Legal Fees From State Funds / Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue To Support Devt – IMF / Ojukwu: Gowon Blasted Over Biafra Comments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.