Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,679 members, 7,823,919 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People (5430 Views)

2023: Northerners Need Someone From North, Not Igbo Or Yoruba – Atiku / Chibuike Amechi Is My Name, I Am Igbo From Ikwere And Ikwere People Are Igbo. / Goodluck Jonathan Commissions Roads In Ikwere, Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by chrisxxx(m): 9:10pm On Dec 30, 2021
IDENNAA:

Nothing but a dream playing out in your world of wishes...lol

You , an Ikwerre man , has absolutely nothing over Igbo , both precolonially and presently. You have nothing worthy of emulation...take this from me.

I am from Anambra and Nri descendant and I will spit on you and your culture of men who dance with wobbling buttocks like akwuna-kwuna whoress.

You see those red cap you boorish Ikwerre politicians love to wear , it's strictly for Ndi Nze na Ozo , and not untitled elements like Wike and Amaechi.

If you want to be proud and throw jabs at Igbo I will advice you start by being proud of your culture.

My home town of Umuoji has achieved more fame than all Ikwerre clan , put together.

Cc.chrisxxx
You can see from everything u said and I wish you could tell others that Ikwerre has no tie with Igbos. As far as you agree to this I agree with everything you have said about Ikwerre people.
Nigerians know what Igbos are known for.

1 Like

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by JANK23H(m): 9:28pm On Dec 30, 2021
BKayy:

History is not borne out of wishes, talkless of that of a drunkard.

None of the recorded part has been to your favour. If there is any, I challenge you to drop it here.

Until then, you lots are just unfortunate drunkards with no history that think of themselves Aro whom unfortunately they worshipped.
You sound pained.I dropped a challenge you still can't meet.Shove yours in the crack of your ass.

Present something earlier than 1508 that mentioned Igbo,Eboe or whatever appellation you were know as people who lived along the coast of the NigerDelta.I proved everything you asked for.Even though you pretended not to understand my excerpts.

Till then wallow in your pains.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by IDENNAA(m): 10:31pm On Dec 30, 2021
chrisxxx:

You can see from everything u said and I wish you could tell others that Ikwerre has no tie with Igbos. As far as you agree to this I agree with everything you have said about Ikwerre people.
Nigerians know what Igbos are known for.

Oga, take this from me , on behalf of most Igbo , both on Nairaland and on the streets of Nigeria; the Igbo care very little about Ikwerre and their double-dealing , two-faced and double-tongued character.

Today , Wike is not Igbo and would extend his bitterness and hatred to any Rivers man who claimed Igbo ; but the same unreliable Wike that denied Igbo on national television is walking around adorned in the most sacred Igbo traditional item.

Just because we see you share so much with the rest of Igboid people , and found it necessary to extend a hand of brotherhood , but you turn around to abuse Ndigbo.

What exactly do you think we will be needing from you....coastline ? Oil ? Fertile land ? What is wrong with you Ikwerre people sef ? You need us more desperately than we need you.

Today , Amaechi is no longer "Ikwerre", rather , he walk around in Igbo attire proclaiming allegiance to Igbo , while Wike has toned down his rhetoric and started dressing like Igbo....the same Igbo you despise and gloat over it.

I feel so sorry for all you enemies of Ndigbo because your reward will be catastrophic!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by BKayy: 10:34pm On Dec 30, 2021
JANK23H:

You sound pained.I dropped a challenge you still can't meet. Shove yours in the crack of your ass.

Present something earlier than 1508 that mentioned Igbo,Eboe or whatever appellation you were know as people who lived along the coast of the NigerDelta.I proved everything you asked for.Even though you pretended not to understand my excerpts.

Till then wallow in your pains.
@ emboldened, when did you drop such senseless challenge?

Every cat and dog knows that the earliest writing by those that saw southern Nigeria recognised the existence of Ndigbo, now the archaeological evidences like the pictures below finally justified the existence of Ndigbo continously in the geographical space they occupy today for at least 1500 years. We practically wrote our own stories which is older than when your first ancestor formed.

Let me answer your question anyways, according to "Thurstan Shaw, Those Igbo-Ukwu radiocarbon dates: facts, fictions, and probabilities, Journal of African History, 1975" the radiocarbon dating of Igbo Ukwu artifacts date 9th-10 century while the site itself dates 850AD, showing proof that Ndigbo have been where they are for at least a thousand years back.

The question shouldn't be about Ndigbo but you, is there anything that mention Ijaw, Jo men or any term you pirates go by these days prior to 19th century.
Remember the time, unlike you that is looking for 16th, I said late 19th century. Anything before 1800. Archaeological or otherwise.

And while at it, don't be as stupid like you when you Shameless lots claimed a Scottish man by presenting the Ibibio/ Obolo sculpture you drunks parade around.
Have some dignity. It's not as if the sculpture is that old by the way, it dates to 18th century.

4 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by JANK23H(m): 10:58pm On Dec 30, 2021
BKayy:

@ emboldened, when did you drop such senseless challenge?

Every cat and dog knows that the earliest writing by those that saw southern Nigeria recognised the existence of Ndigbo, now the archaeological evidences like the pictures below finally justified the existence of Ndigbo continously in the geographical space they occupy today for at least 1500 years. We practically wrote our own stories which is older than when your first ancestor formed.

Let me answer your question anyways, according to "Thurstan Shaw, Those Igbo-Ukwu radiocarbon dates: facts, fictions, and probabilities, Journal of African History, 1975" the radiocarbon dating of Igbo Ukwu artifacts date 9th-10 century while the site itself dates 850AD, showing proof that Ndigbo have been where they are for at least a thousand years back.

The question shouldn't be about Ndigbo but you, is there anything that mention Ijaw, Jo men or any term you pirates go by these days prior to 19th century.
Remember the time, unlike you that is looking for 16th, I said late 19th century. Anything before 1800. Archaeological or otherwise.

And while at it, don't be as stupid like you when you Shameless lots claimed a Scottish man by presenting the Ibibio/ Obolo sculpture you drunks parade around.
Have some dignity.
You are a clown with dementia,so no point entertaining your rubbish.If you didn't see my responses on the Bonny thread that is your business.If you still are interested,go through that thread again.You can continue to fool yourself with the lies in your head.

Interestingly, everyone else apart from your fellow Igbos know and they mock you in silence.You lots have lost your respect in this contraption.Before long you'd go back to who you really are;as slaves in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by BKayy: 11:05pm On Dec 30, 2021
JANK23H:

You are a clown with dementia,so no point entertaining your rubbish.If you didn't see my responses on the Bonny thread that is your business.If you still are interested,go through that thread again.You can continue to fool yourself with the lies in your head.

Interestingly, everyone else apart from your fellow Igbos know and they mock you in silence.You lots have lost your respect in this contraption.Before long you'd go back to who you really are;as slaves in Nigeria.
Aro wannabe, you have not answered my own question.
I gave you not 1508 but a thousand years before it so replicate the favour by accepting that you lots are just latest slaves that were dumped by the Portuguese and British ships at our shores that later took up piracy and cannibalism for survival.

As for respect, it is not our wish to demand online respect when in reality you and your people literally worship the ground we step on.

There has never been any near equal relationship between us and you savages. Unlike some people that their relationship is slave to master in Nigeria ours is Gods to Worshippers relationship.

Your ancestors literally worshipped us. So no amount of blackmail or online rant can change that history.
Inferior being.

4 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by JANK23H(m): 11:13pm On Dec 30, 2021
BKayy:

Aro wannabe, you have not answered my own question.
I gave you not 1508 but a thousand years before it so replicate the favour by accepting that you lots are just latest slaves that were dumped by the Portuguese and British ships at our shores that later took up piracy and cannibalism for survival.

As for respect, it is not our wish to demand online respect when in reality you and your people literally worship the ground we step on.

There has never been any near equal relationship between us and you savages. Unlike some people that their relationship is slave to master in Nigeria ours is Gods to Worshippers relationship.

Your ancestors literally worshipped us. So no amount of blackmail or online rant can change that history.
Inferior being.
You already sound childish.

Swerve!

1 Like

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by BKayy: 11:26pm On Dec 30, 2021
JANK23H:

You already sound childish.

Swerve!
Still can't prove that your pirate savage ancestors were not existing in Southern Nigeria prior to 18th century?

Mtcheww.. Its not as if I was expecting a surprise.

Bloody inferior being that was dropped of by Europeans to constitue nuisance amongst us.

4 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by JANK23H(m): 11:40pm On Dec 30, 2021
BKayy:

Still can't prove that your pirate savage ancestors were not existing in Southern Nigeria prior to 18th century?

Mtcheww.. Its not as if I was expecting a surprise.

Bloody inferior being that was dropped of by Europeans to constitue nuisance amongst us.

1 Like

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by BKayy: 11:41pm On Dec 30, 2021
[quote author=JANK23H post=108948325][/quote]
Still can't prove shit.
Inferior savage

1 Like

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by IDENNAA(m): 4:23am On Dec 31, 2021
BKayy:

Still can't prove shit.
Inferior savage

Ozugo.
Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by chrisxxx(m): 4:46am On Dec 31, 2021
IDENNAA:

Oga, take this from me , on behalf of most Igbo , both on Nairaland and on the streets of Nigeria; the Igbo care very little about Ikwerre and their double-dealing , two-faced and double-tongued character.

Today , Wike is not Igbo and would extend his bitterness and hatred to any Rivers man who claimed Igbo ; but the same unreliable Wike that denied Igbo on national television is walking around adorned in the most sacred Igbo traditional item.

Just because we see you share so much with the rest of Igboid people , and found it necessary to extend a hand of brotherhood , but you turn around to abuse Ndigbo.

What exactly do you think we will be needing from you....coastline ? Oil ? Fertile land ? What is wrong with you Ikwerre people sef ? You need us more desperately than we need you.

Today , Amaechi is no longer "Ikwerre", rather , he walk around in Igbo attire proclaiming allegiance to Igbo , while Wike has toned down his rhetoric and started dressing like Igbo....the same Igbo you despise and gloat over it.

I feel so sorry for all you enemies of Ndigbo because your reward will be catastrophic!

There is one problem most you Igbo people have not come to term with. The Ikwerre people of which I am one understand this more than the Igbo people. Igbo people like brotherhood. This is true. Once you speak bear they see you as their own. The Ikwerre people like Igbo people. I like them. Wike likes them as well as Amaechi. My grand maternal mother was from Umuahia. My great grand paternal grandmother was from Orodo. This should be in Imo State. The bone of contentious we have with you people is when you guys come to wear us the robe that we are Igbos. You can't tell me who I am. There was never a time we were Igbos. Our distinctions are so wide and broad.
We are brothers. Neither Wike nor Amaechi would deny this. But they will deny when you call them Igbo. You have seen my Igbo roots above. If by tomorrow I decide to dress like Igbo man it doesn't make all Ikwerre Igbos. You guys should understand this. If you guys are sensible as you guys claimed to be you would have call for a Union of Igbo, Ikwerre and other related group just as United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Your brother is not you. Of course someone would see a similarity between you and your brother. That's the relationship between the Ikwerres and Igbos as well as Etche, Ekpeye and Ogba. Even with the similarities of language and culture we have with the Etche people we never call them Ikwerre. Even wh n people say Etche is Ikwerre we say no we are brothers. You guys need to cone to term with this. I come in peace.

1 Like

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by chrisxxx(m): 4:58am On Dec 31, 2021
IDENNAA:

There is one problem most you Igbo people have not come to term with. The Ikwerre people of which I am one understand this more than the Igbo people. Igbo people like brotherhood. This is true. Once you speak bia they see you as their own. The Ikwerre people like Igbo people. I like them. Wike likes them as well as Amaechi. My grand maternal mother was from Umuahia. My great grand paternal grandmother was from Orodo. This should be in Imo State. The bone of contention we have with you people is when you guys come to wear us the robe that we are Igbos. You can't tell me who I am. There was never a time we were Igbos. Our distinctions are so wide and broad.
We are brothers. Neither Wike nor Amaechi would deny this. But they will deny it when you call them Igbo. You have seen my Igbo roots above. If by tomorrow I decide to dress like Igbo man it doesn't make all Ikwerre Igbos. You guys should understand this. If you guys are sensible as you guys claimed to be you would have called for a Union of Igbo, Ikwerre and other related group just as United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Your brother is not you. Of course someone would see a similarity between you and your brother. That's the relationship between the Ikwerres and Igbos as well as Etche, Ekpeye and Ogba. Even with the similarities of language and culture we have with the Etche people we never call them Ikwerre. Even when people say Etche is Ikwerre we say no we are brothers. You guys need to come to term with this. I come in peace.
Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by allcomage: 6:00am On Dec 31, 2021
chrisxxx:

There is one problem most you Igbo people have not come to term with. The Ikwerre people of which I am one understand this more than the Igbo people. Igbo people like brotherhood. This is true. Once you speak bear they see you as their own. The Ikwerre people like Igbo people. I like them. Wike likes them as well as Amaechi. My grand maternal mother was from Umuahia. My great grand paternal grandmother was from Orodo. This should be in Imo State. The bone of contentious we have with you people is when you guys come to wear us the robe that we are Igbos. You can't tell me who I am. There was never a time we were Igbos. Our distinctions are so wide and broad.
We are brothers. Neither Wike nor Amaechi would deny this. But they will deny when you call them Igbo. You have seen my Igbo roots above. If by tomorrow I decide to dress like Igbo man it doesn't make all Ikwerre Igbos. You guys should understand this. If you guys are sensible as you guys claimed to be you would have call for a Union of Igbo, Ikwerre and other related group just as United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Your brother is not you. Of course someone would see a similarity between you and your brother. That's the relationship between the Ikwerres and Igbos as well as Etche, Ekpeye and Ogba. Even with the similarities of language and culture we have with the Etche people we never call them Ikwerre. Even wh n people say Etche is Ikwerre we say no we are brothers. You guys need to cone to term with this. I come in peace.
Peter tosh a late Jamaican music legend said as far as you're a black man anywhere on this planet earth, you are an African. Why ? Because black people are originally indigenous in African continent and every black man from Jamaica, Haiti, St Lucia, Dominicans, Barbados, Brazil ,Guyana ,Samoa, Suriname, Venezuela etc believes that he's of African origin. Igbo are a group of peoples that speak a mutually intelligible language with dialects and have almost the same culture and traditions. State creation is artificial but ethnicity is natural and that's is why entity in Eastern Nigeria bia means come, chi,Chukwu, chineke, Olisa, means God, 4 market days calendar, new yam festivals etc are practiced is igboland. Ikwerre, enugu, enuani, aniocha, ndoshimili, owerri, nssuka,ika,Ukwuani etc are subsets of Igbo which are grouped as Igbo and Ikwerre are Igbo. Ogoni, ijaw etc are Ikwerre neighbors but they don't speak the same language apart from English and broken as means of communication,but how come some one from aniocha or ika coming to Ikwerre land for the first time is able understand the language without interpretation. Can bini person understand Ikwerre or order wise? The day my vehicle broke down at Abudu Hill in edo state and I went into the nearby village to look for help and behold they were speaking Igbo dialect. When I got to their local market, they were interacting transactions in Igbo dialect in edo state. It must have been a very big burden for Ikwerre Igbo denials, they deserve our pity, it's not easy.
Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by chrisxxx(m): 6:13am On Dec 31, 2021
allcomage:

Peter tosh a late Jamaican music legend said as far as you're a black man anywhere on this planet earth, you are an African. Why ? Because black people are originally indigenous in African continent and every black man from Jamaica, Haiti, St Lucia, Dominicans, Barbados, Brazil ,Guyana ,Samoa, Suriname, Venezuela etc believes that he's of African origin. Igbo are a group of peoples that speak a mutually intelligible language with dialects and have almost the same culture and traditions. State creation is artificial but ethnicity is natural and that's is why entity in Eastern Nigeria bia means come, chi,Chukwu, chineke, Olisa, means God, 4 market days calendar, new yam festivals etc are practiced is igboland. Ikwerre, enugu, enuani, aniocha, ndoshimili, owerri, nssuka,ika,Ukwuani etc are subsets of Igbo which are grouped as Igbo and Ikwerre are Igbo. Ogoni, ijaw etc are Ikwerre neighbors but they don't speak the same language apart from English and broken as means of communication,but how come some one from aniocha or ika coming to Ikwerre land for the first time is able understand the language without interpretation. Can bini person understand Ikwerre or order wise? The day my vehicle broke down at Abudu Hill in edo state and I went into the nearby village to look for help and behold they were speaking Igbo dialect. When I got to their local market, they were interacting transactions in Igbo dialect in edo state. It must have been a very big burden for Ikwerre Igbo denials, they deserve our pity, it's not easy.
I have nothing more to explain to your types .

2 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by IDENNAA(m): 6:59am On Dec 31, 2021
chrisxxx:

There is one problem most you Igbo people have not come to term with. The Ikwerre people of which I am one understand this more than the Igbo people. Igbo people like brotherhood. This is true. Once you speak bia they see you as their own. The Ikwerre people like Igbo people. I like them. Wike likes them as well as Amaechi. My grand maternal mother was from Umuahia. My great grand paternal grandmother was from Orodo. This should be in Imo State. The bone of contention we have with you people is when you guys come to wear us the robe that we are Igbos. You can't tell me who I am. There was never a time we were Igbos. Our distinctions are so wide and broad.
We are brothers. Neither Wike nor Amaechi would deny this. But they will deny it when you call them Igbo. You have seen my Igbo roots above. If by tomorrow I decide to dress like Igbo man it doesn't make all Ikwerre Igbos. You guys should understand this. If you guys are sensible as you guys claimed to be you would have called for a Union of Igbo, Ikwerre and other related group just as United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Your brother is not you. Of course someone would see a similarity between you and your brother. That's the relationship between the Ikwerres and Igbos as well as Etche, Ekpeye and Ogba. Even with the similarities of language and culture we have with the Etche people we never call them Ikwerre. Even when people say Etche is Ikwerre we say no we are brothers. You guys need to come to term with this. I come in peace.

Let me just shed some lights in some areas I think there is a bit of confusion , in translation ; I think some persons from Ikwerre , Ika and other Igboid groups that claim distinction fail to understand the concept of ethnicity and tribe. Igbo is not a tribe because it is an umbrella name for bia speaking people , who inhabit the Niger Delta hinterland and coastal areas.

Ikwerre is classified as an Igbo dialect, based on its similarities with other Igbo dialects of close proximity to them. Now , if for political expediency you decides to proclaim a new identity , with all means , go ahead. But , let your rhetoric remain unchanged. Don't become an Igbo when it suits you.

Talking about some sstupid "distinction" , every Igbo clan has prevalent uniqueness that sets them apart , sharply from other clans. The Onicha man , Aguleri , Nnewi and Awka man has different social perception that mirrors real life scenarios.

The Onicha man is very educated , cultural and very exposed.

The Aguleri man has rich culture , agriculture , riverine settlement and life (Olu-Igbo) , but not as educated as Onicha man.

The Nnewi man is a shrewd businessman but not as cultured as the Aguleri man.

The Awka man is very educated , great culture and rich but not as aristocratic as Onicha.

You see , these are all different Igbo clans that obviously bore different characteristics both in behavior and profession. Mind you these clans are all found in Anambra , with some Umuezechima of Onicha domicile in Delta State. I just want you to unclog your intelligence , and see how unintelligent you Ikwerre people sound , whenever you make an attempt to argue this issue.

There is nothing special about you ; you are not the most educated pre and post colonial , you are not rich , you are not rich in culture , you don't have the classiest dialect , you use to think you have oil , until the latest developments. Stop thinking too important of yourselves , just because some of these ignorant Igbo is giving you attention.

You retelling these stale lines "there was never a time we were Igbo" , because you are ignorant of Igbo history and Igbo Union. When the white man arrived , everybody went by the name of their clan , and nobody trusted anybody. The Igbo identity , as we know it today was nurtured by the colonial government. Before that all man was by themselves.

You have no choice but to come into the Igbo fold or get swallowed up , there are no two ways about it. You can keep playing the ostrich and carry on as if you are invisible, when the storm hits na all of una! You think you are deceivin Igbo people but our youths are learning very fast.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by Tranquill: 8:09am On Dec 31, 2021
IDENNAA:

If you care very little about Ikwerre people, why do you spend your time every day and night forcing Igbo on them, even when they have told you just like they told your forefathers that they are not Igbo? On nairaland here, show me any thread created by Ikwerre people to insult, disrespect, demonize and disparage Igbos but that is what you have done countless times against Ikwerre people just like you do to other tribes.

Using your Igbo well known attributes of double-dealing , two-faced and double-tongued character to describe Ikwerre shows how high you are on nkpurunmiri though you forgot to include criminality, cannibalism and drug peddling.

Wike said he is not Igbo and that has not changed. What is the most sacred traditional item that Wike adones that makes him to become Igbo by default? You claim that Wike hates and despises anyone who indentifies as Igbo but the same Wike has appointed an Igbo man from Anambra as commissioner in his cabinet since his first term despite opposition from different quaters. Does this not make you look st.upid? Show me any Igbo governor that has another Igbo from a different state as commissioner in his cabinet not even forgetting how Abia State was purging its civil service of Anambra indigenes not too long ago and it was not hatred for Igbos.

Ikwerre people will abuse you only when you disrespect and insult them like most of you do and you are still doing here. It is called reciprocity.

Ikwerre people don't need you desperately as you are asserting. They need you just like they need other tribes and that need is based on humanity and mutual respect.

Nobody despises the Igbo. Igbos despise themselves the reason they have no respect for other people because that will definitely attract disrespect too from others. You never hide your hatred for others but when they return in kind you claim victim. If you think Wike "has toned down his rhetoric" I challenge you to go raise your rag in Oyigbo and see what happens.

You should feel sorry more for yourself and not the enemies you wilfully create with your hateful attitudes and character while you expect the opposite.

1 Like

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by michelz: 8:21am On Dec 31, 2021
chrisxxx:

This is some load of rubbish... Who are you as an Ikwerre man? Don't you have any culture of your own? Don't you have your own language? Don't you have names in your language you can give yourselves instead of Igbo names?
Who really are you?
Today, Wike will claim Igbo, tomorrow, he'll become Ikwerre. Same for Amaechi. Who are you?
You don't know this, but you're gradually going extinct as a people.

1 Like

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by cicero(m): 8:33am On Dec 31, 2021
chrisxxx:

It would seem that all these impositions and denials over ancestry happens only online and particularly on Nairaland because every Ikwerre person I’ve had to deal with considered themselves Igbo except of course if they were just being political.

The proof of ancestry by the way should be in culture, cultural similarities that is, deeply rooted and long held cultural commonalities would validate shared ancestry, is there any such similarity between the igbos and the ikwerres?
Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by chrisxxx(m): 9:16am On Dec 31, 2021
IDENNAA:

Let me just shed some lights in some areas I think there is a bit of confusion , in translation ; I think some persons from Ikwerre , Ika and other Igboid groups that claim distinction fail to understand the concept of ethnicity and tribe. Igbo is not a tribe because it is an umbrella name for bia speaking people , who inhabit the Niger Delta hinterland and coastal areas.

Ikwerre is classified as an Igbo dialect, based on its similarities with other Igbo dialects of close proximity to them. Now , if for political expediency you decides to proclaim a new identity , with all means , go ahead. But , let your rhetoric remain unchanged. Don't become an Igbo when it suits you.

Talking about some sstupid "distinction" , every Igbo clan has prevalent uniqueness that sets them apart , sharply from other clans. The Onicha man , Aguleri , Nnewi and Awka man has different social perception that mirrors real life scenarios.

The Onicha man is very educated , cultural and very exposed.

The Aguleri man has rich culture , agriculture , riverine settlement and life (Olu-Igbo) , but not as educated as Onicha man.

The Nnewi man is a shrewd businessman but not as cultured as the Aguleri man.

The Awka man is very educated , great culture and rich but not as aristocratic as Onicha.

You see , these are all different Igbo clans that obviously bore different characteristics both in behavior and profession. Mind you these clans are all found in Anambra , with some Umuezechima of Onicha domicile in Delta State. I just want you to unclog your intelligence , and see how unintelligent you Ikwerre people sound , whenever you make an attempt to argue this issue.

There is nothing special about you ; you are not the most educated pre and post colonial , you are not rich , you are not rich in culture , you don't have the classiest dialect , you use to think you have oil , until the latest developments. Stop thinking too important of yourselves , just because some of these ignorant Igbo is giving you attention.

You retelling these stale lines "there was never a time we were Igbo" , because you are ignorant of Igbo history and Igbo Union. When the white man arrived , everybody went by the name of their clan , and nobody trusted anybody. The Igbo identity , as we know it today was nurtured by the colonial government. Before that all man was by themselves.

You have no choice but to come into the Igbo fold or get swallowed up , there are no two ways about it. You can keep playing the ostrich and carry on as if you are invisible, when the storm hits na all of una! You think you are deceivin Igbo people but our youths are learning very fast.

Are you done with the wailing? Abuse upon abuse is your regular trademark when anyone disagrees with whatever you hold as an opinion. Unfortunately only Igbo man knows where he comes from. Only Igbo man has history. What your father told you is different from what my father told me. You are seen more than the Ikwerre man because of your number. The man in Abakiliki didn't take your lecture to come to term that he is Igbo. Why do you what to educate me in the 21st century if where I come from? Some of you would erroneously say Ikwerre denied being Igbo after the war but Ikwerre in 1963 in what is called Rumuomasi declaration proclaimed their unique identity to the rest of the word. We the Ikwerres have no problem if the Igbos say they are Ikwerres. You are welcome. But to associate Ikwerre as a subgroup of Igbo is a thing that will never happen even with one Ikwerre man standing.

1 Like

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by chrisxxx(m): 9:21am On Dec 31, 2021
cicero:

It would seem that all these impositions and denials over ancestry happens only online and particularly on Nairaland because every Ikwerre person I’ve had to deal with considered themselves Igbo except of course if they were just being political.

The proof of ancestry by the way should be in culture, cultural similarities that is, deeply rooted and long held cultural commonalities would validate shared ancestry, is there any such similarity between the igbos and the ikwerres?
Give me the name of that Ikwerre man bet me he is of Aro descent. A study carried out in Uniport by even Igbo professors using scientifical means showed that Ikwerre and Igbos have nothing in common. If science says no why do you want to rub your identity in me? My language u said it sounds like yours but history has it that I don't travel and who travel is you.
Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by chrisxxx(m): 9:23am On Dec 31, 2021
michelz:

This is some load of rubbish... Who are you as an Ikwerre man? Don't you have any culture of your own? Don't you have your own language? Don't you have names in your language you can give yourselves instead of Igbo names?
Who really are you?
Today, Wike will claim Igbo, tomorrow, he'll become Ikwerre. Same for Amaechi. Who are you?
You don't know this, but you're gradually going extinct as a people.
You will need a slap to reset your brain. Like a child you have spoken. You are the one who have stolen my language after arriving from Israel.

1 Like

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by michelz: 10:38am On Dec 31, 2021
chrisxxx:

You will need a slap to reset your brain. Like a child you have spoken. You are the one who have stolen my language after arriving from Israel.
I asked a very valid question and you're saying some nonsense that don't fit in the discussion. So Igbo language is now your language?
Igbos stole Igbo language from you?
You see why people don't take you guys seriously? You don't have a language; you don't have a culture; no name; nothing. Pity! Extinction beckons.
Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by chrisxxx(m): 11:07am On Dec 31, 2021
michelz:

I asked a very valid question and you're saying some nonsense that don't fit in the discussion. So Igbo language is now your language?
Igbos stole Igbo language from you?
You see why people don't take you guys seriously? You don't have a language; you don't have a culture; no name; nothing. Pity! Extinction beckons.
You know about the theory of extinction and that is what you and your likes want to use against us. And that reminds me as a prove of who stole the other language, what is Igbo word for 'Yes'?
Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by Idiko1: 11:14am On Dec 31, 2021
chrisxxx:

For posterity's sake, is Ikwerre the correct and full name of the people you claimed as a part? However, Ikwerre is not Igbo. Who in his/her correct sense would want Ikwerre as compatriot in Republic of Igboland?

1 Like

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 31, 2021
Ikwerre is not ibo

Make we forget all this argument

1 Like

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by chrisxxx(m): 12:06pm On Dec 31, 2021
Idiko1:

For posterity's sake, is Ikwerre the correct and full name of the people you claimed as a part? However, Ikwerre is not Igbo. Who in his/her correct sense would want Ikwerre as compatriot in Republic of Igboland?
God bless you bro. I wish all Igbos would be like you. Ikwerre man doesn't want any association with Igbo.
We are Ikwerre also known as Iwhurnohna. Very proud of our heritage.

1 Like

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by IDENNAA(m): 4:53pm On Dec 31, 2021
chrisxxx:

God bless you bro. I wish all Igbos would be like you. Ikwerre man doesn't want any association with Igbo.
We are Ikwerre also known as Iwhurnohna. Very proud of our heritage.

But , we have posited we dont want you and there is nothing noteworthy about your heritage. We dont want you and that has been repeated here on Nairaland for years but you like attention, which threads like this brings to you.

1 Like

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by chrisxxx(m): 5:52pm On Dec 31, 2021
IDENNAA:

But , we have posited we dont want you and there is nothing noteworthy about your heritage. We dont want you and that has been repeated here on Nairaland for years but you like attention, which threads like this brings to you.
I still repeat I love your mankind. Others do not want us to rest with Ikwerre is Igbo. Please start the campaign in reversal on our behave.

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by izac82: 10:34am On Jan 03, 2022
chrisxxx:

I tried to explain to you that the Aro descendants in Isiokpo have not problem with identifying with being Igbo. It is mostly their descendants who always come online to support the overzealous Igbo that Ikwerre is Igbo. No Isiokpo man will you that Ikwerre is Igbo.
Travel out and see people speaking similar language but different people.
Finland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden speak similar language but different people.
Poland and Ukraine including Russia.
Portugal and Spain. Malaysia and Indonesia. Even here in Nigeria Isoko and Urhobo.
Are you trying to say that Okpo Nwagidi, the founder of Isiokpo, who is an Aro man an inferior ikwerre?

1 Like

Re: Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People by izac82: 10:37am On Jan 03, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
Ikwerre is not ibo

Make we forget all this argument
Says a Yoruba man. You people can't just keep off from what is none of your business. Brood of vipers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu And His PA Caught Sleeping After Kano Rejection Yesterday - Photos / APC Minna Rally Cut Short As Tinubu Rushed Off Stage On Health Grounds / List Of 10 States Tinubu Didn't Get 25% But Was Given Higher Than His Real %

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.