Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,229 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token (14608 Views)

Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market / Alcohol Consumers, Smokers To Pay More As Federal Govt Raises Excise Duty / NCC Sets Up Multiple Programs To Protect Telecom Consumers On Their Rights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by treesun: 10:20am On Dec 27, 2021
Telecom consumers under the aegis of the National Association of Telecoms Subscribers have kicked against the plan by the Federal Government to introduce a suite of digital tokens to enhance the verification of the National Identity Number, effective January next year

According to the Federal Government, the digital token consisting 16 alphabets and numbers will be accepted for third-party verification, instead of the 11-digit NIN.

The development has been greeted with mixed reactions from Nigerians.

However, the President, NATS, Adeolu Ogunbanjo, said the move was currently uncalled for, and shouldn’t be implemented without proper consultation with stakeholders.

He said, “Why can’t the FG engage stakeholders before coming up with this plan? It is a serious policy and they didn’t even engage stakeholders. Why can’t we do that?

“Until they discuss with all relevant stakeholders, and we look at the merits and demerits; they can’t impose this on us.”

Ogunbanjo recalled the development was coming barely a year after the Federal Government mandated citizens to link their SIMs to their NINs within a short period, forcing many Nigerians to besiege registration centres.

He said, “I do not know why the FG is always rushing things on its citizens, remember when they were also going to start the SIM-NIN linkage, it was announced in a hurry too.

“Why is this government rushing its citizens without proper enlightenment? Nobody knows what this V-NIN is all about, they are coming up with it this month and they want to implement it next month. They must start educating the citizenry first.

“We are not sure if the Federal Government doesn’t have an agenda with all these things. This is because we now have about five or six different means of national identification.”
https://punchng.com/nin-telecom-consumers-reject-january-introduction-of-digital-token/

9 Likes

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by treesun: 10:28am On Dec 27, 2021
A government without any iota of planning!

He said, “I do not know why the FG is always rushing things on its citizens, remember when they were also going to start the SIM-NIN linkage, it was announced in a hurry too

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by FarahAideed: 10:28am On Dec 27, 2021
In a couple of day Buhari will be in his 7th year with absolutely nothing to show for it

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by BlackSpanner: 11:04am On Dec 27, 2021
Waiting for Pastor Righteousness 2 to tell us the end time sign and prophecy fulfillment of this chip.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 27, 2021
If dem like make dem disconnect my lines

To hell with their useless token

I spent money and time when I wanted to register for NIN

Till today, MTN and Airtel still dey disturb me say make I go register for NIN whenever I wan call even though I don do the stuff more than 3 months ago.

If Government can't send the token into my Gmail address or send it to me through SMS for free, I won't be registering and am not ready to pay 1 kobo to register for anything.

Why must we Nigerians always pay for everything by the government sef?

It should be free like BVN, make them send the token to us wey don register for NIN for free

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by WibusJaga: 11:14am On Dec 27, 2021

Wetin be dis Digital Token again on top NIN, BVN, TIN, VIN,...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by AFULA(m): 11:14am On Dec 27, 2021
Okay
Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by PSVITA(m): 11:15am On Dec 27, 2021
Happy New Week❤

1 Like

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by adekanmbi1986(m): 11:15am On Dec 27, 2021
Ok
Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by Daroldigits: 11:15am On Dec 27, 2021
Can good things come out of the North?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by ogododo: 11:16am On Dec 27, 2021

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by DannyXpress: 11:16am On Dec 27, 2021
I'm not doing this
Let them go ahead and ban everyone

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by Hoii(m): 11:17am On Dec 27, 2021
This government is just taking us for granted. After all the stress of NIN registration, they are coming up with another token shit.

Its not their fault though, it's because we're always keeping quiet and accepting whatever they bring up

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by Mossadd: 11:17am On Dec 27, 2021
Patami na terrorist

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by abumeinben(m): 11:17am On Dec 27, 2021
How bad can this get?

Next ID: let's make the national ID 128bit. Telcos you have two weeks

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by kokakola: 11:18am On Dec 27, 2021
I thought we have Special Advisers to the President, Governors and other Policy makers who are supposed to come up with the best advice, and ways the options and effect on the MASSES before any policy come into effect?

Why do our leaders like putting the Carts before the Horses.
It obvious that all the international travels and tours our political leaders engage in in foreign countries, they don't learn anything from them. Our resources are just going the drain in their hands.

When can we get it right?
Huge budgets on BVN, Voters Card, NIN, SIM with nothing to show for it. It's painful that we don't utilise the right knowledge here in this part of the world.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by zedegit: 11:18am On Dec 27, 2021
angry
Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by Dialpad: 11:19am On Dec 27, 2021
Lol ... confused government

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by money121(m): 11:19am On Dec 27, 2021
Ok
Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by Brushstrokes20: 11:19am On Dec 27, 2021
All motion, NO MOVEMENT ! undecided

Useless govt of self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS!

ENOUGH OF NONSENSE!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by Samuelriano1(m): 11:21am On Dec 27, 2021
Daroldigits:
Can good things come out of the North?

come 2023, Nigerians will still vote in this same people, especially when they start throwing a cup of rice and sachet tomato paste, you see them queuing, rushing to eat their destinies. we just love suffering n smiling in this country.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by seunlayi(m): 11:21am On Dec 27, 2021
Better
Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 27, 2021
They just used BVN to allow them to use your data to open loans on your behalf without your knowledge I suspect introduced NIN as national insurance when if they were smart all will be one number that only you would know like Social Security we just need to verify the last 4

1 Like

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by azikiweironsi(m): 11:23am On Dec 27, 2021
Always like to subject the citizens to unwarranted suffering. To collect NIN, you must pay and bribe, to collect National Passport you must pay and bribe, to obtain Prepaid meter to your home, you must pay and bribe.... Almost everything in the country must be paid and bribed to get. What a country.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by gale2626: 11:27am On Dec 27, 2021
Mtchewww.. Dem all crazy
Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by Daroldigits: 11:27am On Dec 27, 2021
I agreed with you...some people will collect the rice and sell out their future. But the wise ones need to sit up and educate these food hunters.
Samuelriano1:

come 2023, Nigerians will still vote in this same people, especially when they start throwing a cup of rice and sachet tomato paste, you see them queuing, rushing to eat their destinies. we just love suffering n smiling in this country.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by Agricmoney(m): 11:30am On Dec 27, 2021
This move might have a very big merit and some demerits or more demerits than merits but I think the government should let the rush of NIN subside and get to the daily life of it's citizens before implementing another one atleast with the view of not making various centers populated again due to the pandemic saga and this time can be used to sensitize the public first while it is still being deliberated. Anyway let me be watching the drama as it unfolds from all angles

Anyway, Agriculture is life

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by gale2626: 11:30am On Dec 27, 2021
All these in a bid to grant their Fulani colonies from other neighboring countries access into the country and grant them citizenship secretly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by favour32(m): 11:31am On Dec 27, 2021
This government nor get brain at all.
How many id dem wan do sef anytime person sneeze?
Na so onyinbo own be?
Abi dem nor dey travel and see?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by Samuelriano1(m): 11:32am On Dec 27, 2021
Daroldigits:
I agreed with you...some people will collect the rice and sell out their future. But the wise ones need to sit up and educate these food hunters.

if at this current age, one doesn't know the implications of what he is doing, then am sorry to say, it gonna be tough. Nigerians are actually Nigeria's problem.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN: Telecom Consumers Reject January Introduction Of Digital Token by potbelly(m): 11:33am On Dec 27, 2021
Patanmi and confusion are like siamese twins...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

NCC May Revoke 115 Internet Service Providers (ISPs) Operating In Nigeria / Urgent Help; I Forgot My Gtbank Account Number. / How To Transfer Fund From One Bet9ja Account To Another

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.