Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? (23776 Views)

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / I Need A Professional Writer To Write A 30k-word Book On Senior Fitness / 70k Banking Job In Ikorodu Lagos State Or 30k Teaching Job In Ekiti. Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by RICHOLAC(m): 2:18pm On Dec 28, 2021
How about multi-tasking? You can still be teaching and also be running your Post/ Recharge voucher business.
lnbox me for details.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by doncollino: 2:18pm On Dec 28, 2021
Yes, job blinds us. Resign and u will smile
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by larryking540: 2:19pm On Dec 28, 2021
Timoleon:
He was able to save #500k from his 30k job undecided
He should continue his 30k job abeg. He can diversify and either employ someone to man the pos shop or work the shop evenings weekdays and full time weekends.
what stops the guy from even creating his own mini pos business while doing his teaching,men of today just hate anything call double stream of income ,over sea guys work in 2 to 3 places ,that's y most time they don't pick your call.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Emperoo: 2:19pm On Dec 28, 2021
Sanusak:
Leaving his 30k teaching job is the best. You can't not expect a newly established business involving cash to thrive without proper monitoring. If he fails, he can easily secure 30k teaching job elsewhere.

Easily!!!! Ok o..
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Winneygirl(f): 2:19pm On Dec 28, 2021
AutoChick4U:
30k is a big money with the inflation? Lolz
Ok na.
Misplace 30k and see if you will not cry.

1 Like

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by PGKing1(m): 2:19pm On Dec 28, 2021
Pray about it...

Still your #1 plug for Original Backwoods in naija
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by marhez43(f): 2:20pm On Dec 28, 2021
It depends on the job.private teacher i wil advise u to leave but government baba abeg u dont leave unless u hav a beta

1 Like

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by larryking540: 2:20pm On Dec 28, 2021
doncollino:
Yes, job blinds us. Resign and u will smile
what happens to having a double stream of income?
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by tuzle(m): 2:21pm On Dec 28, 2021
iCauseTrouble:
It is advisable.
Any job below 150k per month in Nigeria is worth resigning from to start a business
As if it is every business that becomes successful
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by larryking540: 2:21pm On Dec 28, 2021
Emperoo:

Easily!!!! Ok o..
easier said than done ,the guy better hold the 30k job while creating his little pos business till when he kws the business needs his full attention
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by deeLima86(m): 2:21pm On Dec 28, 2021
Timoleon:
He was able to save #500k from his 30k job undecided
He should continue his 30k job abeg. He can diversify and either employ someone to man the pos shop or work the shop evenings weekdays and full time weekends.

That’s the major problem of our naija now. No trustworthy people anywhere again. Imagine the years and sacrifice it would have taken that man to save up that amount. Then one unfortunate human being will come in the name of employee and eat up the profits plus even capital sef. Everybody na scam for our country nowadays cry

2 Likes

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by stankezzy: 2:23pm On Dec 28, 2021
[quote author=Sukkyy2010 post=108880642]I'll not specify my advise but will give you some instances.

I I lost my 60k job last year Nov started Pos in Dec following month. I save up 300k within 4month through my embarked new pos business. Fast forward to September this year I made my first million through it. Last month I bought my first landed property, bought some major furniture mostly needed in a room which the expense cost roughly another 300k all through the Pos business. I give thanks to God almighty because as I'm typing this my account balance is a million in spite all expenses incurred so far.

Glory be to God almighty may God continue blessing me through my little doing.[/pquote]
i t all depends on tribe , he may be from a tribe that doesn't take business serious ,my brother have pos shop, he doesn't make less than 30k a day, I have planned to join him,
Let us just calculate it 10k is charged 200naira , so 500k/10k =50 ,50 by 200naira is 10k ,so if 50 people come and take 10k a day he will be making 10k profit.
My brother said even if he is doing 300k job that he will leave it for pos ,he has 2 branches now

3 Likes

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by FamilyAdviser: 2:23pm On Dec 28, 2021
He should retain what ever job he did to make 500k in a year after feeding and other expenses.

Trust me int the next 3years the future will be clearer
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Timoleon(m): 2:24pm On Dec 28, 2021
That’s why I suggested that if he can’t employ someone, he should run it himself in the evenings during weekdays and work full time during weekends. That 30k will always be useful.
deeLima86:

That’s the major problem of our naija now. No trustworthy people anywhere again. Imagine the years and sacrifice it would have taken that man to save up that amount. Then one unfortunate human being will come in the name of employee and eat up the profits plus even capital sef. Everybody na scam for our country nowadays cry
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by juniorstar(m): 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2021
sulaimon22:
So a friend of mine seek for my advice on whether to leave his 30k teaching job to establish a POS and Recharge card printing Business in a small scale.

He has 500k saved up prior to December and invested 150,000 into crypto currency, now he wants to know if resigning from his teaching job would be a good thing to do as his tired of his current job.

What advice would you give to this person?
Yes..he should be apply caution in jan cos most cryptos have a high chance of dropping if btc doesnt maintain its fragile support it could be heading to 48 ,47 and probably 46k pulling all other coins with it.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Timoleon(m): 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2021
True.
larryking540:

what stops the guy from even creating his own mini pos business while doing his teaching,men of today just hate anything call double stream of income ,over sea guys work in 2 to 3 places ,that's y most time they don't pick your call.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Starz825(m): 2:26pm On Dec 28, 2021
iCauseTrouble:
It is advisable.
Any job below 150k per month in Nigeria is worth resigning from to start a business
You don Finally cause trouble grin
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by DispatcherLagos: 2:28pm On Dec 28, 2021
illicit:
How did he save 500k from 30k monthly

E no dey eat lipsrsealed undecided
I know of a guy that makes upto 300k per annum via Waec and Jamb runs
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Dazall: 2:28pm On Dec 28, 2021
Why not combine your salary job and the POS together with that you will have two sources of income. Remember there one thousand and one POS kiosk like yours and the profit will not come the way you are envisaging it in your head. Be guided.

Few days ago a nairalander took a bad decision after a lot of persons have given him great advice now he is homeless and jobless depending on an okada. Be warned...
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by henryobinna(m): 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2021
sulaimon22:
So a friend of mine seek for my advice on whether to leave his 30k teaching job to establish a POS and Recharge card printing Business in a small scale.

He has 500k saved up prior to December and invested 150,000 into crypto currency, now he wants to know if resigning from his teaching job would be a good thing to do as his tired of his current job.

What advice would you give to this person?
he should resign and look for something else, the POS business is a really good one if he has a good spot to do it and of course is careful so fraudsters do not wreck him.

He has to take the risk now as he can't be on the 30k join b forever.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by alabi484(m): 2:35pm On Dec 28, 2021
Sukkyy2010:
I'll not specify my advise but will give you some instances.

I I lost my 60k job last year Nov started Pos in Dec following month. I save up 300k within 4month through my embarked new pos business. Fast forward to September this year I made my first million through it. Last month I bought my first landed property, bought some major furniture mostly needed in a room which the expense cost roughly another 300k all through the Pos business. I give thanks to God almighty because as I'm typing this my account balance is a million in spite all expenses incurred so far.

Glory be to God almighty may God continue blessing me through my little doing.

In your little doing ensure you honour God with your substance( Thithe paying). I believe this also helped me achieved much from little.

Glory to God

I started mine with a loan of 40k from a friend, it started well but almost went down because of one nonsense boy i employed, my location became saturated thereafter and i quickly opened another location in September, i took another loan of 250k for the new location, to the glory of God, i have paid off the loan with interest and have sizeable funds to run my business on its own now...

It's been rough probably because I started with just the desire and ginger to get something doing for myself..no single kobo as well as the employee ish but I thank God for how far I've come and I believe so strongly that by this time next year, my testimony will be double of yours.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Razy75g: 2:36pm On Dec 28, 2021
ignis:
Though 30K is too poor to survive with in the current day Nigeria.

Entrepreneurship is a risk, either he survive and grow or the business will become unproductive like Muhammadu Buhari's farm.
lolllzzzz. Abeg no kill me
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by deeLima86(m): 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2021
Timoleon:
That’s why I suggested that if he can’t employ someone, he should run it himself in the evenings during weekdays and work full time during weekends. That 30k will always be useful.

Yea bro, your suggestion is super valid. If possible let him run it personally for a start and understand how it works. He can later get support when the business begin to grow.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by JustforMen: 2:40pm On Dec 28, 2021
Why not do the two?
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Golan007: 2:41pm On Dec 28, 2021
safetyboot:
THE PERSON COULD BE DOING SOME HOME LESSON FOR SOME PUPILS TO SAVE UP TO #500K, NOT EVERYBODY STEALS

Then the variables should have been stated from the beginning.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by petite626: 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2021
no i repeat no

do this and thank me later

except if u can combine the two.

T for thanks
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by isaacsegun(m): 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2021
Tell your friend to start the POS without hesitation. Tell him to look for good location, I swear he will make nothing less than 50k per month with good location. Since he has upto 200k to start the business, after 2 months he can expand by getting another location and employ someone to take charge of the new location. And while doing that, let him continue with his crypto trade, but he should be very cautious because crypto is volatile. By December next year, by God's grace he would give testimony.

1 Like

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by addren1(m): 2:43pm On Dec 28, 2021
Bro sincerely speaking as a Nigerian 30k is nothing at the moment.The situation of things is just too bad,my advice though is just to venture into a digital skill you can learn and use to earn income online because if you settle for less and decide that amount is ok for a living.This country will mess with you.Learnt that the hard way that's why am currently into affiliate marketing.You just need a phone to implement but in the long run you'll need a laptop for effeciency.I can work you through the ropes though.You can check my signature if you're interested.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Sukkyy2010: 2:45pm On Dec 28, 2021
alabi484:

Glory to God

I started mine with a loan of 40k from a friend, it started well but almost went down because of one nonsense boy i employed, my location became saturated thereafter and i quickly opened another location in September, i took another loan of 250k for the new location, to the glory of God, i have paid off the loan with interest and have sizeable funds to run my business on its own now...

It's been rough probably because I started with just the desire and ginger to get something doing for myself..no single kobo as well as the employee ish but I thank God for how far I've come and I believe so strongly that by this time next year, my testimony will be double of yours.
I
And it'll be double of double for you by his Grace.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Kaymansion(m): 2:46pm On Dec 28, 2021
You better continue if it is government own's school at least pension is at the corner undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Recruitment: ‘candidates Don’t Know Names Of Nigeria President, CJN’ / Graduate Internship Programme At Procter & Gamble Co. (P&G) / GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.