Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Facebook Or Twitter - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Facebook Or Twitter (610 Views)

Which Is The Most Addictive: Twitter, Facebook Or Nairaland? / Why Spend Time On Facebook Or Twitter When We've Got Nairaland? / Facebook Or Fakebook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Or Twitter by jmk4u: 6:47pm On Jun 15, 2011
I read recently that facebook is losing popularity in the UK and US. The rate has significantly reduced and that shows waning popularity at least in the west even as it gets more fans in other regions. Facebook has more than 600 million users now but the target of reaching 1 billion users by the founder is now doubtful.Personally i prefer Twitter to Facebook. To me Twitter is more decent, mature and professional. Do you think twitter will upstage Facebook?
Re: Facebook Or Twitter by Blazay(m): 7:52pm On Jun 15, 2011
Neither. kiss
Boring.
Re: Facebook Or Twitter by donald1010(m): 8:54am On Jun 19, 2011
Here is my Pin, ping me on (31bdbf70)
Re: Facebook Or Twitter by zenatta: 11:57am On Jun 19, 2011
Twitter it is for me. I tweet variously, this keeps me on my toes, thinking of my next theme. I see Twitter as one being the focus of so many different people so I tweet to captivate. I'm rather a show off
Facebook's been good to me though, helping me hook up with my long lost friends and finding out my family is larger than I could ever imagine. Got some amazing photos of the Himalayas too
Re: Facebook Or Twitter by harakiri(m): 1:34pm On Jun 19, 2011
@poster. . . I believe you got your information from an anti-facebook poster who actively posts negative topics about facebook on Yahoo articles (i read the write up today). Personally, i see twitter as more "individualized" whereby you get people to "follow" you on every dumb piece of trash you type e.g "I ATE BEANS THIS MORNING" or "MY CAR HAS BROKE DOWN AND I NEED MONEY TO FIX IT". Na talk be dat? Facebook is broader. I can't count how many old forgoten friends i've reunited with (going back as far as 20yrs ago). Twitter has NOTHING on facebook. I have a twitter account just for the sake of it. Most twitter users are on facebook but not every facebook user likes twitter (their user interface sucks). That yahoo article poster is probably on an upcoming rival's payroll and i see a lawsuit coming up. Think outside the box. Nuff said!
Re: Facebook Or Twitter by harakiri(m): 1:43pm On Jun 19, 2011
One more thing. . . A lot of twitter users are attention seekers who will practically beg for "followers". They treat the twitter id's like BB pins. On facebook, you can communicate with 1,000 friends without posting a single sentence on your wall! Can you beat that?

(1) (Reply)

Let Your Gifts Cascade Your Affection On Your Loved Ones In Bangalore / What Would You Do? / 2-year Rent Banned In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.