Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,553 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Facebook Or Fakebook? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Facebook Or Fakebook? (8874 Views)

Where Do U Spend More Time? Facebook Or Nairaland? / Is Omotola Giving Out To Her Friend On Facebook,or Is It A Scam. / Which Is The Most Addictive: Twitter, Facebook Or Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Or Fakebook? by JewElan(f): 1:50pm On Oct 10, 2010
[color=#770077][/color] Am i the only one that thinks Facebook is all lies? Everyone wants to go to nice places to snap pictures for 'Facebook', everyone wants to snap in a car n post it on F.B!, What is wrong with Nigerians? We place too much emphasis on vain things!
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by makajibbz(m): 1:55pm On Oct 10, 2010
stop insulting ur people.
everyone with a facebook account[over 500 million people] wants to take picture of their life to show their friends and family.

so if yu no get car or nice place to go, go hug transformer angry
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 10, 2010
Lolm
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by JewElan(f): 3:13pm On Oct 10, 2010
you obviously are 1 of those people i'm talking about,
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by Dsense(m): 4:11pm On Oct 10, 2010
OP,
It's Fakebook,but ppl made it Facebook grin
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by Vindy: 4:15pm On Oct 10, 2010
@ poster ur rit to a vry large extent. Boro wig wear snap send 4 FB. I av seen them n life.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by banjorin89(m): 9:48am On Oct 11, 2010
I strongly agree, its fakebook. Been sayin it 4 a while now u know! Some ppl r just fake and am not liking dat at all! Nice post.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by makajibbz(m): 10:23am On Oct 11, 2010
banjorin89:

I strongly agree, its fakebook. Been sayin it 4 a while now u know! Some ppl r just fake and am not liking dat at all! Nice post.
i'm sure ur freinds on fb are not ur real frnds.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 11, 2010
@OP

Even if they do, how does it affect you or the price of garri in the market?
should they be taking pictures near refuse dump and posting in facebook for you to know they are real people?

Please live and let live. if somebody wants to borrow and live a "fake" life as you see it, as long as they are not hurting anybody in the process, it shouldn't concern you or anybody else
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by Blazing99: 5:34pm On Oct 11, 2010
Guy, people would always be people. Dont waste your time being vexed over the vain things that people do if you dont want to have headache. Facebook has come and has come to stay.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by U1(m): 6:07pm On Oct 11, 2010
Oya, e fira yin sile! Una guys no go kill person, especially Makajibbz and Bermuda1. grin Facebook is simply a reflection of the fake life that most of us live - trying to belong, and of course, everyone is legally allowed to do whatever he/she wants so long there is no infringement on others.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by sohiemi(m): 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2010
I strongly agree wiv d op.i don't even have a f.b account @ all.i prefer nl 2 f.b by far,and i mean by FAAAAAAAHHHRR!
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 11, 2010
makajibbz:

i'm sure your freinds on fb are not your real frnds.

Exactly.

OP

I wonder why someone will be so mad at himself sometimes. Ain't you suppose to be happy that your village have finally got a cell phone service which made it possible for you to brows via cell-phone. I personal will love to see those pics of yours you took from one of em forest in your villa. Please before then, STOP HATING

s.ohiemi:

I strongly agree wiv d op.i don't even have a f.b account @ all.i prefer nl 2 f.b by far,and i mean by FAAAAAAAHHHRR!

What's your reason on preferring NL to FB, NL with faceless people.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by Taymi: 7:19pm On Oct 11, 2010
There no place,organization or group witout a black head.Therefore, wherever you find good there must be bad,even the bible says they wil grow together until they are ripe for seperation. What i'm trying to say is that the fact that some people are usin fake book doesn't make everytin fake. I'm also on face book and the picture on my wall was taken in my room and all my infos are true. So, i believe there are pple like me.
It is facebook and probably fake book.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by manmustwac(m): 7:45pm On Oct 11, 2010
@poster
do a poll. Me sef have to agree that am guilty of the fakebook
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by adroitp(m): 9:55pm On Oct 11, 2010
Stop discriminate and stop bad mouth one's work, my Alhaja {my mum} usually says: whatever that you are doing that its advantage is more to its disadvantage, then keep on doing it. So the advantage of facebook is more and more to its disadvantage and there is no one that will wish to appear to the hole world in bad mode, i take my {facebook and nairaland} picture in my friend room because my room may too attractive, but nevertheless if i take it at presidential villa, nothing is bad. So please everybody on this forum dont bad mouth the facebook because its one man business and no man pray to GOD that they should bad mouth its work. The guy did a great work. If you cant praise him, its better you remain mute for ever.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by JewElan(f): 10:41pm On Oct 11, 2010
@adroitp What's up with your English?? Huh? Try to always crosscheck b4 posting*no offence* and did you read the post well? Dumdumdiddle! Not a hater of facebook, Helps us connect to friends and all, i'm just saying we shuldn't have to be fake, Be yourself and people wuld still like you and cut your coat according to your size. Don't go to the extremes just because you want people to view you as a 'BIG' boy or girl . That's all i'm saying
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by JewElan(f): 10:54pm On Oct 11, 2010
@reality101 who the f*** said i'm mad @ facebook?? Are you a primary school drop out? or didn't you read the post well? I'm a newbie and it's too early for me to start insulting people, so plix! Don't get me angry!!
And to answer your dumbass question, NL is more educative and enlightening.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by ayex0001: 12:51am On Oct 12, 2010
Fakebook ofcourse
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by Nobody: 4:49am On Oct 12, 2010
JewElan:

@reality101 who the f*** said i'm mad @ facebook?? Are you a primary school drop out? or didn't you read the post well? I'm a newbie and it's too early for me to start insulting people, so plix! Don't get me angry!!
And to answer your dumbass question, NL is more educative and enlightening.

What brand of fool are you, I will ignore your ignorant asx
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by makajibbz(m): 8:27am On Oct 12, 2010
facebook has helped me alot wit both communication wif frnds in naija and advertisement.
and has helped zuckerberg[one of the founders] with 4.5billion dollars.

so none of us care wat yu think about facebook. undecided
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by rocketme: 11:16am On Oct 12, 2010
i dont like facebook either, i prefer being in nairaland or naijahotjobs than wasting my time at facebook.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by 9ja4eva: 12:27pm On Oct 12, 2010
ayex0001:

Fakebook ofcourse

Yes i agree
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by hannydarl(f): 12:37pm On Oct 12, 2010
Fakebook at times. One sees those friends far away taking nice photos and thinks his own is soooo bad as all his friends pose with smiling wives and kids, big houses, pools, vacations, posh offices etc etc and one could think that's the life they enjoy everyday and he is missing out in life. But sometimes though its not fake, its the real deal. Because, some people got it good in life or should I say really good life.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by fredoooooo: 12:39pm On Oct 12, 2010
Facebook for real people , Fakebook for fake people , heartbook for lovepeople , fraudbook for fraud people , workbook for businees people etc , just choose your own , lol
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by ugsh: 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2010
adroitp:

Stop discriminate and stop bad mouth one's work, my Alhaja {my mum} usually says: whatever that you are doing that its advantage is more to its disadvantage, then keep on doing it. So the advantage of facebook is more and more to its disadvantage and there is no one that will wish to appear to the hole world in bad mode, i take my {facebook and nairaland} picture in my friend room because my room may too attractive, but nevertheless if i take it at presidential villa, nothing is bad. So please everybody on this forum dont bad mouth the facebook because its one man business and no man pray to GOD that they should bad mouth its work. The guy did a great work. If you cant praise him, its better you remain mute for ever.
Good point wink wink wink wink
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 12, 2010
And why are you taking the world headache and putting it on your head? People can do whatever the hell they want its their lives
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by sayso: 12:55pm On Oct 12, 2010
it is fake because people cannot say what is in their mind unlike NL where they will eat you raw if you say anything,tell you your generation history but FAKEBOOK they will say I like this,ur cool,etc.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by Sagamite(m): 12:57pm On Oct 12, 2010
JewElan:

[color=#770077][/color] Am i the only one that thinks Facebook is all lies? Everyone wants to go to nice places to snap pictures for 'Facebook', everyone wants to snap in a car n post it on F.B!,  What is wrong with Nigerians? We place too much emphasis on vain things!

One of the core reasons why I refused to join the shyt called Facebook.

Mostly filled with people scrabbling to be popular without any kind of achievement. A "look at me, look at me" mentality.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by Princek12(m): 12:57pm On Oct 12, 2010
adroitp:

Stop discriminate and stop bad mouth one's work, my[b] Alhaja[/b] {my mum} usually says: whatever that you are doing that its advantage is more to its disadvantage, then keep on doing it. So the advantage of facebook is more and more to its disadvantage and there is no one that will wish to appear to the hole world in bad mode, i take my {facebook and nairaland} picture in my friend room because my room may too attractive, but nevertheless if i take it at presidential villa, nothing is bad. So please everybody on this forum dont bad mouth the facebook because its one man business and no man pray to GOD that they should bad mouth its work. The guy did a great work. If you cant praise him, its better you remain mute for ever.

You must have completed both your primary and secondary schooling at An Sarudeen "grammar" school.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by formebyme: 1:02pm On Oct 12, 2010
rokiatu:

And why are you taking the world headache and putting it on your head? People can do whatever the hell they want its their lives

tank you my sister,if the tin tire you reash make you close your acct na abi dem use rope tie your leg, abegi.its anyones perogative to take pictures whereva and post it!FYI fb is just a mere reflection of everyday fake life,everyone wants to appear better on the outside when pple are looking!why do you think some pple(i know) have nice rides but still share a face me i face u(lol) with their friends??becos my dear everything is fictitious,u can choose to be a part of it or not,end of the day the only person pps like that are deceiving are themselves
Deal with it!!
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by Kx: 1:04pm On Oct 12, 2010
My issue with some peeps on FB is that they just add u because u are dia friend's friend without knowing u. Its crazy i think.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Has A Vehicle Ever Splashed Water On You On The Road? / How Do I Delete A Previous Post Or Comment? / Thank God For Saving My Life For A Terrible Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.