Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards (11549 Views)

Kylian Mbappe Wins Match Ball For Hat-trick Against Barcelona / Jurgen Klopp Wins Men's Coach Of The Year At FIFA's Best Award / Cristiano Ronaldo Drips In Diamonds Worth £630k (N256m) At Dubai Soccer Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by Insidenaija: 1:39pm On Dec 28, 2021
PSG forward Kylian Mbappe, Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo and Bayern Munich striker, Robert Lewandowski have all bagged awards at the Dubai 2021 Globe Soccer Awards, Newspremises understands.

Mbappe won the Best Men’s Player of the Year at the ceremony on Monday night, December 27 beating six-time winner Cristiano Ronaldo; Lionel Messi, Mohamed Salah, Karim Benzema, and Lewandowski to the award.

The 23-year-old Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) star scooped the prize in a ceremony at the Armani Hotel, Dubai.

“It is a big achievement for me. I want to say thank you to my club Paris Saint-Germain, who believed in me these past five years, even better this season,” he said after he was handed the award.

“To my national team; to all the people who nobody knows who work with me, who help me a lot; to my family, they are there with me, always with me.”

"It's a pleasure for me to be in Dubai with these great football legends," Mbappe said. "I thank my club for believing in me, my teammates for giving me so much, my family for always being with me.

"I'm very motivated to come back next year to win more individual and collective prizes."
Last season, Mbappe scored 27 to emerge as the highest goalscorer in Ligue 1 although his form did not stop PSG from finishing as runners-up to Lille.

Mbappe also helped France win the UEFA Nation’s League.

Other winners at the 12th edition of the awards include Cristiano Ronaldo, Robert Lewandowski, and Ronaldinho.

Below is a full list of winners at the Globe Soccer Awards 2021

Fan’s Player of the Year – Robert Lewandowski

Men’s Player of the Year – Kylian Mbappe

Maradona Award – Robert Lewandowski

Top Scorer of All Time – Cristiano Ronaldo

Best National Team of the Year – Italy

Best Agent of the Year – Federico Pastorello

Best Sporting Director of the Year – Txiki Begiristain

Best Men’s Club of the Year – Chelsea

Best Defender of the Year – Leonardo Bonucci

Best Goalkeeper of the Year – Gianluigi Donnarumma

Women’s Club of the Year – Barcelona

Women’s Player of the Year – Alexia Putellas

Innovation Award – Serie A

Best eSports Player of the Year – Msdossary7

Best Youth Academy in Africa – ZED FC

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/kylian-mbappe-wins-mens-player-of-the-year-at-2021-globe-soccer-awards/

4 Likes

Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by Kilishihunter: 1:52pm On Dec 28, 2021
But but lewandoski was the best men's player in 2020 and 2021, This is very unfair and a very big injustice angry , We penaldians won't take it
grin, If to say them do mistake give messi now, Obempendu transgender breast for don stand at attention like new Antenna, Now wey e no involve messi the mugu don mute pass graveyard

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by adefitim(m): 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2021
Really?
Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by paulolee(m): 3:40pm On Dec 28, 2021
congrats mbappe.....well deserved bt I dnt know why dey didnt Gv dier regular customer dt already had 6 awards n av won it 4 times in a roll..
cr7 didn't make ballon d or top 5 dt messi won n i was expecting dt this dubai organizers will gv him d award again this year to compensate him, no wonder cr7 didn't look happy last nite against Newcastle....
for d first time I'll confess dt cr7 is being robbed, mbappe did nothing to win dt award ahead of the main favorite cr7..
I think d world hates cr7...its not fair on him....am in tears...

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by paulolee(m): 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2021
Kilishihunter:
But but lewandoski was the best men's player in 2020 and 2021, This is very unfair and a very big injustice angry , We penaldians won't take it
grin, If to say them do mistake give messi now, Obempendu transgender breast for don stand at attention like new Antenna, Now wey e no involve messi the mugu don mute pass graveyard
I swear...mbappe don win am, no problem, all these cr7 fan boys forming lewandowski activist n lawyers are quiet bcoz it isn't messi... assuming dm gv messi d award, dm for shout foul play..
we all know dt dey aint pained dt lewa didnt win d ballon d or bt e de pepe dm say messi win 7th...na normal pains.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by paulolee(m): 3:47pm On Dec 28, 2021
adefitim:
Really?
e shock me too...award dt cr7 had won a record 6th times n was a strong favorite for dis year's award after he conquered Italy n left juve in 4th n also conquered euros n won d golden ball, not forgetting he scored numerous hatricks against big countries like gilbrata, malta, san Marino n even Luxembourg..
I thought he would win d award n get a record 7th mark so de can tally with leo 7th ballon d or bt dey robbed him yesterday....we CNT take it...this hate for cr7 is too much abeeg

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by ThierryJay: 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2021
This one fit enter FP, I no mind.

Where are the so called defenders of injustice madam Bembela and co. Lewandowski needs your cries at this crucial moment on how he was cheated at this award grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by OJEEMAH(m): 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2021
If no be Balon D'or, forget it.

Where Lewy imaginary fans??

You can see nobody is criticizing the award cos its Mbappe that won and not Messi.

This same Mbappe didn't win ligue 1

And I don't even think he scored in the just concluded Euro.

So on what basis was he given the award?

Trophies? Others were better

Performance? If your answer is yes, was he better than Lewandoski like most people claim when Messi won Balon D'or??

Hypocrisy is a cancer

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by God1000(m): 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2021
Congrats to him, he's an impressive player

2 Likes

Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by mrkings84(m): 5:17pm On Dec 28, 2021
And Chelsea was the best men's team....

Up blues!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by MaverickA3: 5:17pm On Dec 28, 2021
Ok
Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by uunwanaobong3: 5:18pm On Dec 28, 2021
It is always funny when some people complain that man utd is not good enough for the title, when infact they have gathered a squad of super star all Over the world.

The problem with man utd started when sir Alex Ferguson left man utd,.... Instead of sir Alex to hand off and leave to allow utd board to form a new structure which will take the club forward and appoint a coach that fit into a new structure, HE imposed his successor (David Moyes) on man utd,..... Moyes was called the chosen one and the next big thing to happen to English football in terms of coaching,..... Moyes players signings and decisions were influence by former players and Ferguson, Moyes has little or no input on his playing squad, he was not given freedom or time to input his football philosophy or build his squad before he was fired......... Then came Van Gaal (popularly known as the Football philosopher) hugely successful coach, he opposes Alex Ferguson way or United way, he wanted to introduce his philosophy of tiki taka into man utd, as we all know two captains can not sail a ship....... The greater force (sir Ferguson) boot out the lesser force (van gaal), he wasn't given time and backing from the board.
Then come the special one Mourinho, money were splash on super stars, enjoy support from sir Alex, he quickly notice that the much talked about United way wasn't taking them to any way so he switched to short term fixed of ultra defensive and counter attacking football, it work out so well that they were unfortunate to find themselves second on the table in a season that mancity had 100 points, But this measure that Mourinho used was a short term measure which can not be sustain over a long time, so when he tried changing it for attractive football due to pressure from the fans and board, it backfire and Mourinho was sacked.
Then came the fans favourite who understands man United way, hugely supported by sir Alex,.... He went about recruiting big names and spent more money than any coach in the history of football but nothing to show for it, he was forced by former players, fans and sir Alex to buy c.ronaldo despite having no need for him, a mistake that end is coach career at man utd.
And now man utd had gone ahead to get Ragnick popularly known as the God of modern day coach who as coach all the young successful coaches including klopp, tuchel, flick, negelsman etc, but the results is still the same................... So my question is what is wrong with man utd?
1) does the owner refuse to spent money?......... No, infact man utd have by far out-spent every clubs in the world through buying of super stars at inflated cost, paying massive inflated agent fees to Rieola and others and also paying massive inflated excessive wages to this super stars to keep them happy.
2) does man utd lack super stars or squad depth to win trophies?............ No, infact man n utd along with real Madrid boast some of the greatest super stars ever to grace the game such as dimaria, falcoa, Sanchez, abrahimovich, cavani, Ronaldo, Fernandez, de Gea, varane, Mata, magic, Sancho, van see beek, etc, these are top class players that will break into first team of ANY CLUB apart from man utd and Madrid and yet man unit can not win with these players!.
3) is it lack of world class coach?......... No, infact man utd boast of Moyes (the best English coach of his time), the famously renounce football philosopher VAAN GAAL, the indestructible special one in Mourinho, a club lagend who understands United way in Ole Solskear, the godfather and grand patron of modern day heavy metal football coaches infact according to media, you can called him the God of coaches,..... And yet the results still remain the same, WHY.?

The solutions lies with the club structure, after sir Alex left, man utd have not been able to build a new management and football structure that will once again build them up, instead the shadow of sir Alex and those of their former players still loom all over the club from decisions making to player purchase, to even the administrative duties.............. If man utd want to get up on their feet once again, they should do away with sir Alex influence over that club. No matter how much they have spent on players, if the coach doesn't have a final say on who comes in, then there is no way he can coach them. Man utd need to adapt their structure away from the current structure of UNITED WAY which favor sir Alex and their former players to a more progressive structure while will favor the coach, they need to have director of football who will brain storm with the coach to buy players that the coach wants.......... The need to have a long term strategy and define what type of coach and philosophy they want.......... Then what type of players do we want......the board need to draft the lists of players they want and then they scout/watch the players like 2 to 3 years before buying the players...,..... They need to do away with panic buy which was the case in dimaria, Sanchez, van der beek, Ronaldo etc does this players fit the club profile and playing philosophy? They also need to stop forcing players to stay or paying over the odd in terms of wages, agent fees or transfer fees for their services such as Sanchez, de Gea, ronaldo, Pogba etc, infact they need to have a wage structure.
Finally, man utd need to first of all realised that they are now a MID TABLE TEAM with cash, and therefore need to seek a new way and structure to rebuild the fallen club, the rebuild process might take between 5 to 8 years and the right coaches with the right capabilities should be appointed to handle different stages of this development.
Sir Alex and former players should help the club by staying away from exerting undue influence and pressure on the club and allow the club to move on.

This should be directed to man utd board.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by TempUser: 5:18pm On Dec 28, 2021
�| Kylian Mbappé signed a fan's Real Madrid jersey at the #GlobeSoccerAwards gala in Dubai.

cheesy

Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by NORSIYK(m): 5:18pm On Dec 28, 2021
Congrats to Mbappe, though it should have been won by Lewandowski.
Mbappe is a worthy winner also

Mbappe won French cup
French super cup
Uefa nations league
French ligue player of the year
French ligue top scorer
Uefa nations league top scorer

5 Likes

Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by Vinnie2000(m): 5:19pm On Dec 28, 2021
My own is dat this Thread should NOT turn to Messi vs Ronaldo oo.. undecided

Obembet and Kingcalls, Plz Take Note! sad

Meanwhile Congrats to my Boy Kylian Mbappe, even though he knows to Raise shoulders@times!.. sad smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by wunmi590(m): 5:19pm On Dec 28, 2021
cool
Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by SultanOfPuna: 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2021
Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by phemmyfour: 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2021
Stale news...NL and late gist
Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by Samiah33(m): 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2021
Hmm, but I think Lewwy deserves it
Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by seandurse(m): 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2021
You would have read the whole news elsewhere before Nairaland pushed theirs to front page and doing some so many copy, edit and paste.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by uunwanaobong3: 5:22pm On Dec 28, 2021
Insidenaija:
PSG forward Kylian Mbappe, Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo and Bayern Munich striker, Robert Lewandowski have all bagged awards at the Dubai 2021 Globe Soccer Awards, Newspremises understands.

Mbappe won the Best Men’s Player of the Year at the ceremony on Monday night, December 27 beating six-time winner Cristiano Ronaldo; Lionel Messi, Mohamed Salah, Karim Benzema, and Lewandowski to the award.

The 23-year-old Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) star scooped the prize in a ceremony at the Armani Hotel, Dubai.

“It is a big achievement for me. I want to say thank you to my club Paris Saint-Germain, who believed in me these past five years, even better this season,” he said after he was handed the award.

“To my national team; to all the people who nobody knows who work with me, who help me a lot; to my family, they are there with me, always with me.”

"It's a pleasure for me to be in Dubai with these great football legends," Mbappe said. "I thank my club for believing in me, my teammates for giving me so much, my family for always being with me.

"I'm very motivated to come back next year to win more individual and collective prizes."
Last season, Mbappe scored 27 to emerge as the highest goalscorer in Ligue 1 although his form did not stop PSG from finishing as runners-up to Lille.

Mbappe also helped France win the UEFA Nation’s League.

Other winners at the 12th edition of the awards include Cristiano Ronaldo, Robert Lewandowski, and Ronaldinho.

Below is a full list of winners at the Globe Soccer Awards 2021

Fan’s Player of the Year – Robert Lewandowski

Men’s Player of the Year – Kylian Mbappe

Maradona Award – Robert Lewandowski

Top Scorer of All Time – Cristiano Ronaldo

Best National Team of the Year – Italy

Best Agent of the Year – Federico Pastorello

Best Sporting Director of the Year – Txiki Begiristain

Best Men’s Club of the Year – Chelsea

Best Defender of the Year – Leonardo Bonucci

Best Goalkeeper of the Year – Gianluigi Donnarumma

Women’s Club of the Year – Barcelona

Women’s Player of the Year – Alexia Putellas

Innovation Award – Serie A

Best eSports Player of the Year – Msdossary7

Best Youth Academy in Africa – ZED FC

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/kylian-mbappe-wins-mens-player-of-the-year-at-2021-globe-soccer-awards/
infact from the list I see above,,,,....... They will better called the award THE BEST STRIKERS AWARD.... Because that award does not represent the entire 3 department of football..... It only represent strikers
Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by Hezzyluv: 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2021
Congratulations. But where's ballon winner ?

1 Like

Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by uunwanaobong3: 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2021
This is what happens to man utd formation yesterday

3 Likes

Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by schoolboymatt(m): 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2021
he deserves it
Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by Larryjendoh: 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2021
Wow amazing
Re: Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards by xcesspaschal(m): 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2021
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sand Eagles Of Nigeria Defeats Djibouti 29 - 2 At The African Beach Games / Oscar Pistorius Could Compete At Rio 2016 / Costa Rica Vs Serbia: World Cup 2018 (0 - 1) (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.