Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother (1411 Views)

Mothers Please Advice A Frustrated Married Man. / Must I Fall In Love Before I Marry? / Herbalist Simon Odo: I Marry Additional Wife When Any Of My 58 Wives Insults Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 29, 2021
My lover got pregnant and I told her to keep the baby that I will see her parents to do the needful. We were not really dating. We were just office sweet hearts turned relationship. We both earn good and live well.

Right now i feel like it's because she got pregnant that's why i want to marry her because truly if not for the baby we are expecting I wouldn't have even thought of proposing. Now I'm having a second thought cos I feel like I'm being pressurized to marry her.... The truth is that I dont really love her to the extent of marrying her...

Iv seen her parents and given them a drink that I will come with my parents mayb January or Febuary for introduction( they dont know she's pregnant) I have actually bought the proposal ring but my mind is still not convinced. Iv taken her to meet my parents and family they said shes ok but also complained of her height that shes too short/small

Note: She is a nice girl and homely but she is really small in stature and it's really giving me concern..That not who I see as an ideal wife kiss I need someone that I would be proud of and not be uncomfortable to introduce as my wife.

I spoke to her last night that we need to slow down on wedding plans that I'm not really ready for the marriage. Now shes been crying and crying and refusing to eat. I really dont want to marry because of pity..I just want her to keep the baby then I take care of them both till I'm convinced.

Note: I have been married before and it ended after 1year of problems and wahala. My Ex wife couldn't conceive and she even blamed me and told her family that I'm impotent embarassed.now I'm really scared of marriage cos I really saw hell in my previous. My babe is now threatening that she may remove the baby cos she cant stand the shame of carrying the pregnancy. She is about almost 3months pregnant. She is 28 and I'm 33. Thanks

Sorry for the typo guys...pls matured advice pls.

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by Dukio: 8:53am On Dec 29, 2021
You need no advice

Do wetin dey your mind

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by missimelda01(f): 9:04am On Dec 29, 2021
lol she’s not good enough to marry but she’s good enough to have unprotected sex with...very interesting.

I don’t support abortion so I would advise her keep the baby and never let you come close. angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by Wawelexy(m): 9:04am On Dec 29, 2021
Pity her and marry her na, before 1year anniversary, na u we go dey pity for nairaland after reading ur thread... They say once bitten, twice shy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by Bankowner: 9:08am On Dec 29, 2021
Note: She is a nice girl and homely but she is really small in stature and it's really giving me concern..That not who I see as an ideal wife  I need someone that I would be proud of and not be uncomfortable to introduce as my wife.
You have to be an egghead to be asking for our opinions. Whose opinion did you seek when with all her shortcomings listed above, you still went on to sleep with her and got her pregnant? In your crappy mind she is supposed to be nothing more than a bed material.

It's better you don't put the poor girl in a difficult situation the rest of her life, let her know now that you don't want to marry her but take responsibility for your child. I just don't know why it must be the girl that should suffer for stupid things like this.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by Freestainworld(m): 9:16am On Dec 29, 2021
This op you look like a trouble maker, first you advised her to keep the baby that you will marry her, secondly, you now discovered that she's too small for you, thirdly, you broke up with your formal wife because she couldn't bore a child for you, now you have a child on the way you are behaving like an irrelevant thing, better behave yourself and marry that girl, you just described her to be good, she didn't force herself on you, and you want to disgrace her after seeing her people and vice versa, if you no marry that babe thunder go fire you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by Aurelius1(m): 9:19am On Dec 29, 2021
AmericanDad:
My lover got pregnant and I told her to keep the baby that I will see her parents to do the needful. We were not really dating. We were just office sweet hearts turned relationship. We both earn good and live well.

Right now i feel like it's because she got pregnant that's why i want to marry her because truly if not for the baby we are expecting I wouldn't have even thought of proposing. Now I'm having a second thought cos I feel like I'm being pressurized to marry her.... The truth is that I dont really love her to the extent of marrying her...

Iv seen her parents and given them a drink that I will come with my parents mayb January or Febuary for introduction( they dont know she's pregnant) I have actually bought the proposal ring but my mind is still not convinced. Iv taken her to meet my parents and family they said shes ok but also complained of her height that shes too short/small

Note: She is a nice girl and homely but she is really small in stature and it's really giving me concern..That not who I see as an ideal wife kiss I need someone that I would be proud of and not be uncomfortable to introduce as my wife.

I spoke to her last night that we need to slow down on wedding plans that I'm not really ready for the marriage. Now shes been crying and crying and refusing to eat. I really dont want to marry because of pity..I just want her to keep the baby then I take care of them both till I'm convinced.

Note: I have been married before and it ended after 1year of problems and wahala. My Ex wife couldn't conceive and she even blamed me and told her family that I'm impotent embarassed.now I'm really scared of marriage cos I really saw hell in my previous. My babe is now threatening that she may remove the baby cos she cant stand the shame of carrying the pregnancy. She is about almost 3months pregnant. She is 28 and I'm 33. Thanks

If you don't want to marry her let her have an abortion and move on with her life than to put her through the pain of single motherhood. Single girls are finding it hard getting husbands talk less of one with a baggage. DON'T RUIN THAT GIRL'S LIFE.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by funshint(m): 9:21am On Dec 29, 2021
It is people like you that make men look wicked...why get someone pregnant when you're not ready to wife her?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by Terry44: 9:25am On Dec 29, 2021
Are you okay
Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by KiNg0G: 9:40am On Dec 29, 2021
AmericanDad:

as a redpiller, this wickedness.

we don't support this

let her do abortion and everybody go their way
Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by adebayour26: 9:48am On Dec 29, 2021
But wait ooo, you mean the two of you were having raw sex (or maybe one unplanned rush hour sex) and none of you thought of using a postpill - a day, 2 days, 3 days & even weeks, so what do you expect after all these shits.

Well, your condition is complicated oo but simple as well.
It's one of the three available options:
1. Terminate it and go separate ways (think of complications)
2. Let her give birth, you take responsibility and you both go separate ways.
3. Marry her.

Ps:
That height you talked about is rubbish oo. It's not her fault she has that height.
Remember, she wasn't short when you were giving her, hard & hot.

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by adebayour26: 9:50am On Dec 29, 2021
Freestainworld:
This op you look like a trouble maker, first you advised her to keep the baby that you will marry her, secondly, you now discovered that she's too small for you, thirdly, you broke up with your formal wife because she couldn't bore a child for you, now you have a child on the way you are behaving like an irrelevant thing, better behave yourself and marry that girl, you just described her to be good, she didn't force herself on you, and you want to disgrace her after seeing her people and vice versa, if you no marry that babe thunder go fire you.

I love your comments but no curse the guy naaa.
It's like the only excuse he has is the girl's height, so what else?
Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by Xantel(f): 9:51am On Dec 29, 2021
Don't be confused. Marry her
Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by oazeez1991(m): 10:16am On Dec 29, 2021
In as much as I don't support the idea of marrying someone out of it, I must admit u are a very confuse and insensitive person. It's just so unfortunate situation like this is a disadvantage on the female gender. A similar situation is like that of a secondary school girl who got impregnated by fellow secondary school boy, chances are that, such situation could put an end to the girl's education, but not the boy, not cos it's only the girl that deserve to suffer the consequence, nature is just unconsciously in favour of the boy, being a male. Reason I'm of the notion that, we are naturally not equal, gender wise. Nothing like equality between both gender, it's nature's call, not human. Sorry for derailing a bit.

Back to the topic of discourse, Op, what I see hear is just a thing of ur mind, u've conditioned ur mind to see her the way u are seeing her, all thanks to the shortcoming (her height) been pointed out by ur family. Female mostly are not tall, only few among them are, in comparison with that their male counterpart. Reason u see force recruitment height requirement for female always below that of male cos they are conscious of such natural attribute. That's ur major concern which shouldn't be. It is understandable that we all have our preference list when it comes to choosing a life partner, u should have stayed away from those (her kind) that doesn't tick ur list, instead of smelling a food u know u wouldn't like to eat. Who does that?

Sit urself down and have a sober reflection over the situation. Now imagine the table turns that, u are the girl and she is u, how would u feel if she's trying to pull the string u are attempting presently? Answer this with all sincerity. I ain't trying to prick ur conscience, but just piss over u trying to indirectly shield urself from consequence of an act u both guilty of. She's of marriageable age for crying out loud, it's wickedness to tempt her kind with marriage, then pull out after they must have fallen to one's trap.

Moreso, u bringing up the fact that, u once had a bad marriage in time past is a flimsy excuse to escape reality and justify ur intent which is very shallow to think of. No two people, likewise two marriages are the same. U once had a failed marriage doesn't mean that's how it will always be. From ur narration, the girl tick all the box for a responsible lady, except for her nature, height wise. U don't expect 100% from human, but God. If she (the girl) is been called upon to tell her ideal kind of man, u urself would surely fall short of her dream man, but this is life, it doesn't always give us what we really want, but what we probably deserve.

I wouldn't advise u on anything as I ain't the one in ur situation, plus I'm of the school of thought that, THE BEST ADVISE U CAN HAVE IS THE ONE U GIVE URSELF. No matter what anyone advise, u still gonna end up doing what u want to do, it's ur calling afterall. U are just here to consciously and unconsciously seek support and justification from people so as not to feel too guilty over ur intent. BUT one thing I can assure u is the fact that, irrespective of ur final decision, u will surely REGRET, I will only implore u to just CHOOSE UR REGRET, WISELY. May God guide u right.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by Saintmary(f): 10:18am On Dec 29, 2021
AmericanDad:

I wonder what those ladies see in your type.

Perfect outside but rotten in the soul.

Money is not what makes you a good man. Character is important too.

Taking care of your family and friends is not good character, even animals do it.

Call that lady, sit her down and tell her she's too short for you. Let her make an informed decision if she wants a vain man like you for a husband or keep those character traits in her lineage.

I wish I could talk some sense into the lady myself.

P. S. I'm actually pissed and you can see it in my choice of words.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by Uyi168: 10:39am On Dec 29, 2021
This op again..

We go soon leave nairaland for you.. angry
Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by ibechris(m): 10:50am On Dec 29, 2021
This kind of behavior makes me think if u are a responsible man.
U have already painted a bad picture of her height just to curry favour here.

She is ur colleague at the office,yet u didn't see her height.
U didn't remember what u went through in ur previous marriage so as to avoid cases like this.

Now,u asking us to advice u on what to do.

My advice is:

Marry her.
Marry her
And Marry her and nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by finishmatter: 10:56am On Dec 29, 2021
Work on yourself, find out what makes you happy, and then you can decide if you want to put up with someone else who is dedicated to making your life a living hell.

AmericanDad:

Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by Richkid2021(m): 11:04am On Dec 29, 2021
adebayour26:
But wait ooo, you mean the two of you were having raw sex (or maybe one unplanned rush hour sex) and none of you thought of using a postpill - a day, 2 days, 3 days & even weeks, so what do you expect after all these shits.

Well, your condition is complicated oo but simple as well.
It's one of the three available options:
1. Terminate it and go separate ways (think of complications)
2. Let her give birth, you take responsibility and you both go separate ways.
3. Marry her.

Ps:
That height you talked about is rubbish oo. It's not her fault she has that height.
Remember, she wasn't short when you were giving her, hard & hot.
best advice ever.
Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by Lastpharoah33: 11:12am On Dec 29, 2021
AmericanDad:

Why would she do that? That's some cheap blackmail, mate.

Marrying her cos she's with your child (if it's truly yours) is not enough. From the way you describe your relationship with her, you barely know this lady, just office romance.

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by Elporo(m): 11:57am On Dec 29, 2021
DNA test first. or you will maybe sorry.
Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by Jecci(f): 12:09pm On Dec 29, 2021
All these things you are doing to the poor innocent lady you think it's fair, later when I say that men are scum your fellow gender go dey foam for mouth.

Anyway men are Scum cheesy grin grin I dey my house comman beat me

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by faithfull18(f): 12:15pm On Dec 29, 2021
Height and stature isn't a determining factor. You already have the height.

I know of someone who broke up a relationship because his family felt the lady was small and would have difficulty conceiving. She married someone else and gave birth to twins, seriously I couldn't believe it myself.
Re: Should I Marry Her Or Not....pls Advice A Confused Brother by lalasticlala(m): 12:56pm On Dec 29, 2021

(1)

Is It Safe To Travel On A Bumpy-jerky Road For Almost 2 Hours 3 Days After Ivf? / What Was Your First Apartment As A New Couple. / Difference Between Inverter Ac And Low Voltage Ac Read More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.