Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,402 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex (940 Views)

Dad Catches 12-Year-Old Daughter Having Sex, Beats Her Mercilessly / My Teenage Sister Already Having Sex With Yahoo Boys & My Father Is An Extremist / Zimbabwean Man Caught Having Sex At His Wife’s Funeral With A Prostitute(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:07pm On Dec 29, 2021
How to determine sexual compatibility without having sex
AYOOLA ADETAYO
December 28, 2021 8:10 AM

You don't have to indulge in pre-marital sex to determine sexual compatibility with your partner.

Sex is something that many would rather leave till they are married.

People make decisions as this all the time; whether due to absolute virginity, or in some cases, just a decision to abstain from sex till they get married.

For people like this, one of the most difficult things would be the determination of sexual compatibility with their partners.

Obviously, it's OK to not have sex before marriage, but it's not cool to not talk or discuss it before then.

The story has once been shared of a bride who was asked by her new husband for anal sex on the very night of their wedding or sometime thereabouts.

This particular couple had both abstained from sex till that wedding night, and when the time came to consummate their union, it occurred that they both had totally different ideas of what sex was meant to be like.

Apparently, the couple in question must surely not have had proper talk about their sexual preferences and towing such line in a sexless relationship could be the deadliest recipe for disaster.

Deciding to not have sex before marriage is not a bad thing, and if that is what you want with your partner, it's absolutely fine.

But choosing not to ascertain the sexual compatibility between you and your partner before taking such a huge leap as marriage is not advisable. And to determine the sexual common grounds between yourself and your partner without actually doing it, all you need is communication.

Unabashed, unrestricted, honest-to-God conversations. Large doses of it.

You need to ask all the questions imaginable, cover all the possible bases.

It is never enough to limit your talks to banks statements, number of kids, etc, only to relegate sexual compatibility to a place of nothingness. It does not work that way.

Since you will not actually be engaging in the sex, it is only logical to ask and have honest conversations about what that partner sees sex as, and what teases and pleases them, what they can do, what they can't, and what they can't do without.

You need to listen to your partner's opinions on accepting and giving sexual pleasure, and gauge whether you can live up to that expectation or not.

You'll need to voice out what you find impossible and ridiculous. You also have to be open to bending a bit here, being accommodating a bit there till you both reach a common ground on the subject.

And this applies to both partners.

If you are both comfortable with it, these conversations could be during couples pre-marriage counselling, where you have someone 'supervising the negotiations.'

Whichever way you want it though, let it be known that sexual compatibility can be deciphered to a large extent without actually having sex if you both will just communicate right.

Source
Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by Biggie2000(m): 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2021
Your thread only suggests that partners should speak up about what they want/like. Remember some people can make mouth about what they'll do, but will still disappoint at the end of the day.
There is no way to fully understand and be aware of your partner's sexual compatibilities without having sex (religious fanatics should not disturb me).

2 Likes

Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by Karleb(m): 6:15pm On Dec 29, 2021
grin grin grin grin

How to be a good driver without driving a car.

6 Likes

Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:38pm On Dec 29, 2021
Biggie2000:

Your thread only suggests that partners should speak up about what they want/like. Remember some people can make mouth about what they'll do, but will still disappoint at the end of the day.
There is no way to fully understand and be aware of your partner's sexual compatibilities without having sex (religious fanatics should not disturb me).

Having a conversation about it during courtship will be much better than leaving it till after marriage.
Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:39pm On Dec 29, 2021
Karleb:

grin grin grin grin

Are you aware of driverless cars? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by Opeyemiextra(f): 6:42pm On Dec 29, 2021
It's a serious issue in marriage fa.

1 Like

Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by Biggie2000(m): 6:46pm On Dec 29, 2021
OLAADEGBU:

Having a conversation about it during courtship will be much better than leaving it till after marriage.
Having a conversation about it is cool, but the main action occurs after marriage. So many people usually make mouth and pretend before marriage. I can make mouth that I will last 45 minutes in bed and that I can do all the styles, does that mean I'll last 45 minutes and can do all the styles? Me that I'll last like 3 hours.
Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by Ryda(m): 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2021
What if you read the manual and you end up not testing the product.

Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by sisisioge: 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2021
Opeyemiextra:

It's a serious issue in marriage fa.

That's the main reason for opening this thread because folks usually take this subject for granted. cheesy
Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by Opeyemiextra(f): 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2021
OLAADEGBU:

That's the main reason for opening this thread because folks usually take this subject for granted. cheesy

But how do we even know for those who are celibate because it's a bit difficult to know exactly what and who suits you sexual in detail except you have, at some point, been sexually active.
Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:35pm On Dec 29, 2021
Biggie2000:

Having a conversation about it is cool, but the main action occurs after marriage. So many people usually make mouth and pretend before marriage. I can make mouth that I will last 45 minutes in bed and that I can do all the styles, does that mean I'll last 45 minutes and can do all the styles? Me that I'll last like 3 hours.

Discussing sexual compatibility is much more than talking of how long you can last. cool
Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2021
OLAADEGBU:

I agree with you.
Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by Biggie2000(m): 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2021
OLAADEGBU:

Discussing sexual compatibility is much more than talking of how long you can last. cool
Discussions are mere words that can be manipulated to suit narratives.
Oga, you CANNOT know about your partner's sexual compatibility until you try him/her.
You cannot know how good a car is, until you take it for a 'test drive'.

2 Likes

Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2021
Opeyemiextra:

But how do we even know for those who are celibate because it's a bit difficult to know exactly what and who suits you sexual in detail except you have, at some point, been sexually active.

What forms your idea about sexual compatibility? Do you have the same moral compass to start with? Discussion will identify where you share the same interests and what you enjoy doing. Family values, background and upbringing contributes to what we find acceptable. Do you really have to be compatible?
Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:57pm On Dec 29, 2021
Biggie2000:

Oga, you CANNOT know about your partner's sexual compatibility until you try him/her.

What is your understanding of the phrase sexual compatibility? undecided
Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by Karleb(m): 8:06pm On Dec 29, 2021
OLAADEGBU:

Are you aware of driverless cars? cheesy

Driverless car in this case would mean those who masturbates.

Trust me, masturbation and having sex with a partner are two different things.

The only way to know if two people are sexually compatible is for them to have sex at least once, sadly it's what we Christians don't talk about because it's against our belief. But it is what it is.

2 Likes

Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by Opeyemiextra(f): 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2021
OLAADEGBU:

What forms your idea about sexual compatibility? Do you have the same moral compass to start with? Discussion will identify where you share the same interests and what you enjoy doing. Family values, background and upbringing contributes to what we find acceptable. Do you really have to be compatible?
Right but this last question though. I think it's important that partners are compatible in those important ways and then they can be compromises too as need be. I personally cannot marry someone who can't resolve issues with dialogue or one who shout because I can't stand it.
Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by odinson1(m): 8:09pm On Dec 29, 2021
Can you learn how to drive a car without... actually having to Drive the car? undecided

Men una mumu die ahswear. Girls go just dey use this nonsense no sex before marriage stuff dey Decieve una.

Toto wey area boys don pass round like palliative na wetin she go give you chop after marriage as you nor wan gree get sense so
Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by Biggie2000(m): 8:12pm On Dec 29, 2021
OLAADEGBU:

What is your understanding of the phrase sexual compatibility? undecided
WTF? Bros, you should not be asking this question. Why will I be discussing with you about Sexual compatibility if I don't have a proper understanding of it.
You seem like a dude that created a thread simply because you're bored.

1 Like

Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:12pm On Dec 29, 2021
Biggie2000:

You mean if you are to buy meat in the market you will have to cook and eat it first before you pay for it? undecided
Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by Karleb(m): 8:20pm On Dec 29, 2021
Biggie2000:

WTF? Bros, you should not be asking this question. Why will I be discussing with you about Sexual compatibility if I don't have a proper understanding of it.
You seem like a dude that created a thread simply because you're bored.

The guy is funny. Imagine asking questions like "what do you understand by sexual compatibility" like he's talking to a 9 yr old.

It's just like listening to Sunday schools teachers that has answers to every question they are asking and these answers are all within the scope of the Sunday School manual, anything else is wrong and unacceptable. Issokay.
Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by Biggie2000(m): 8:21pm On Dec 29, 2021
OLAADEGBU:

You mean if you are to buy meat in the market you will have to cook and eat it first before you pay for it? undecided
Bruh, grow up. This your 'meat' comparison makes no sense. Absolutely no sense.
I don't know if you created this thread to get some attention or love from the females here, but you're going about it the wrong way.

1 Like

Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by debbydams(f): 8:22pm On Dec 29, 2021
Karleb:
grin grin grin grin

lol ..chop knuckle
Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by Biggie2000(m): 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2021
Karleb:

The guy is funny. Imagine asking questions like "what do you understand by sexual compatibility" like he's talking to a 9 yr old.

It's just like listening to Sunday schools teachers that has answers to every question they are asking and these answers are all within the scope of the Sunday School manual, anything else is wrong and unacceptable. Issokay.
I swear down. I was surprised by his question. He thinks we are all kids here.
Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by mardis: 10:39pm On Dec 29, 2021
Somethings are easier said than done.
Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:09am On Dec 30, 2021
Biggie2000:

Bruh, grow up. This your 'meat' comparison makes no sense. Absolutely no sense.
I don't know if you created this thread to get some attention or love from the females here, but you're going about it the wrong way.

It's an error to think that women are sex objects that you can test drive as a car. undecided
Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:11am On Dec 30, 2021
debbydams:

lol ..chop knuckle

It's just that many men prefer to drive new or fairly used cars, not cars that many have test driven. shocked
Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:13am On Dec 30, 2021
Karleb:

This topic is not necessarily for you, it is mostly for those who are not sexually active or who wish to abstain before marriage. cool
Re: How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex by crackhaus: 2:30am On Dec 30, 2021
If we're being honest, EVERYONE who is having/has had sex before marriage did it simply because they were hórny and in the mood.

Yes, I said EVERYONE.

It has/had absolutely nothing to do with them trying to find out if they are/were sexually compatible with their partners.

People only say that to appear serious & smart. cheesy

Premarital sex by and large happens because two people were attracted to each other, were alone together, kissed, touched sensitive parts of their bodies, and voila... had great sex. E nor dey ever pass like this.
Anyone who says they had/are having premarital sex to determine sexual compatibility is a LIAR.

Yes, I said they're LIARS.

Sex is very sweet and that is why people are doing/did it. grin

What you should be trying to teach people is how NOT to get carried away by sexual desire in the moment of temptation.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Pregnancy / Could This Be She Has An Infection / At 29 But I Feel Like A Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.