Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,602 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:31 AM

My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! (28837 Views)

My Wife's Ex-Boyfriend Is About To Ruin My Marriage / Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad / My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by difference5050: 11:38am On Dec 30, 2021
My opinion, if you are financially stable why not leave the house for them and start you own life with your babe only if you are reitp marry. And be visiting them with gift once in a while because as long as am concern he is still your father and nothing can change it. With this you can move on with you life and remember, if things start getting better of which I know that you a focused somebody that will make it in life which I observed from your text . Try to remember your father if you follow what I said your father can change but not immediately with time he will change and ask you for forgiveness .
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Hotspotbro(m): 11:51am On Dec 30, 2021
Righteousness2:
When I see or hear things as these, I see more reasons to appreciate GOD for the Privilege HE gave to I and my siblings to Have Parents who didn't put us through things as these.

Young man! I Have seen reckless Homes mend together again.
I Have seen almost radical homes come together again in Love.
The Rallying point of these Homes was JESUS Christ.

The Missing link in your Home is JESUS Christ. I can tell you that for Free.
If you can embrace JESUS Christ and Stand in the Gap in Prayer for your Home, you will be Suprised how GOD will mend every Broken walls and restore Love and Unity in the Home.

I Have seen it Happen and I Believe Same will Happen in your Father's house. But Somebody needs to stand in the Gap.
Baba, this kind of thing too is currently happening to me.Just that my Dad has made himself look crazy by erecting a fence round a well with water we ourselves can't drink from...
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by themountain(m): 11:59am On Dec 30, 2021
Why don't you just leave the house.
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by kumulus(m): 12:38pm On Dec 30, 2021
Oluromantic:
Thank God you aren't a girl. This is how some girls develop feminism or stray into the hands of a deceptive lover outside home and I don't blame them. Theyre naturally unable to endure hardship for long. Yet some still won't respect those who can cus he's not looking rich. Myopic gender!

Firstly I salute your perseverance to still keep your sanity at this stage of the ordeal. It's clear you're going through psycho-emotional trauma. I understand the trauma really well cus I went through it too. I had to spend the day out and come back at dead night for a couple of days

Do you work? Perhaps you could get a roommate and share the rent even if it's a face-to-face apartment, it's not about big boy now, it's about not losing your mind and focus. That's your best option. On a second thought, if you have a relative or friend where you can lay your head at nights, reach out to them. If you're in school, stay put in the hostel and come home only when necessary.

But truth be told, you really need a job of you're not in school. God help you bro!

Nothing to thank God for in this, you have no idea what it feels like to live like/as an IDP in your own immediate family home. Situations like OP's make you understand why it is said that home is not a place. OP is lucky he's aware of what's really going on, unfortunately it can be hard if not impossible to make them see the harm they're causing now until it's too late. They literally would have introduced chaos in your mind, hence making it difficult to out your mind to optimal use.

To the OP, be prepared things won't ease up easily even if you left home now (you really need to tho) because your mind has undergone years of negative programming. By now you must have developed very poor habits from the coping mechanisms you employed over the years in order to survive living with them.

Please GET OUT NOW!!!

.........and thereafter, one good and loving thought at a time, break through the concrete caste about you (your soul), get out of the wicked and self-destructing mindset!

I pray you speedily find peace in your mind.
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Johnman400: 1:42pm On Dec 30, 2021
Onj introuble and all obas in yoruba land share comments and subscribe pls....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP7x9Z9CsNI
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Kobojunkie: 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2021
BRATISLAVA:
1.His mom is actually a victim. She must not have any options for her to stay with him. It's not like there are soup kitchens or rent free hostels in Nigeria if she decides to leave him.

2. Also Stockholm syndrome. She doesn't want to be a bad woman. Don't blame her, blame the society. There's nobody who wants to live or be treated like an animal.
1. His mom may be a victim but she is also the reason her children remain in that situation so, she has her part in this as the OP rightly pointed out. Being a victim does not give one a pass on making right decisions of her own. undecided

2. The Op clearly explains that the mom fights her husband and her reason for staying, again as explained by the OP, has to do with the kids and not a want of the man in question. She is afraid she may not be able to make it on her own out there. That no be Stockholm but anxiety. undecided
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by BRATISLAVA: 2:46pm On Dec 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. His mom may be a victim but she is also the reason her children remain in that situation so, she has her part in this as the OP rightly pointed out. Being a victim does not give one a pass on making right decisions of her own. undecided

Not saying she's right, but we can try and empathize or understand her reasons for staying back. Her decisions are clouded by the abuse she suffered. She's been conditioned to stay there. Maybe if she had a way out she was leave him.

2. The Op clearly explains that the mom fights her husband and her reason for staying, again as explained by the OP, has to do with the kids and not a want of the man in question. She is afraid she may not be able to make it on her own out there. That no be Stockholm but anxiety.

Oh, I didn't see where she fought him. I think he mentioned the man beating her constantly. But that's for the OP to say. She might be afraid and anxious, but either way, she's still a victim. We can't blame the brutish nature of his father on his mother. One is the perp and the other a victim. It's hard to understand if you haven't encountered such a case before.

undecided
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by GorillaApp(m): 3:07pm On Dec 30, 2021
Righteousness2:

GOD Bless you my Brother. I received your message.
You are welcome

1 Like

Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Dec 30, 2021
BRATISLAVA:
1.Not undecidedsaying she's right, but we can try and empathize or understand her reasons for staying back. Her decisions are clouded by the abuse she suffered. She's been conditioned to stay there. Maybe if she had a way out she was leave him.

2. Oh, I didn't see where she fought him. I think he mentioned the man beating her constantly. But that's for the OP to say. She might be afraid and anxious, but either way, she's still a victim. We can't blame the brutish nature of his father on his mother. One is the perp and the other a victim. It's hard to understand if you haven't encountered such a case before.
1. My empathies lie with the true victims of these dysfunctional family settings, the children. Their mother is an adult that should do all to protect her children even before her own self. undecided

2. The Op explained they fought each other through the streets. He in no way presents his mother as a victim. Instead the woman in this case comes off as your typical married Nigerian woman trying to keep her 'married' status intact even if at the cost of the mental health of her cubs. undecided
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Hkff: 5:00pm On Dec 30, 2021
How
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by emdoni(m): 6:37pm On Dec 30, 2021
You can't say you won't forgive him, Since Christ has given us from all sins, you have no option not to forgive your dad, what he needs now is serious deliverance from the spirit of drinking and fighting, it's well.
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by fayomim: 6:49pm On Dec 30, 2021
Phillipsburg:

I'm only waiting around to be mobilized for service. So I still have about 3 months at least with them.

Utilize your service year very well. Don't spend lavishly and make sure you get something that will fetch you money during your service. The lord is your strength.

What is your discipline?
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On Dec 30, 2021
emdoni:
You can't say you won't forgive him, Since Christ has given us from all sins, you have no option not to forgive your dad, what he needs now is serious deliverance from the spirit of drinking and fighting, it's well.
That's bullsheet! undecided

Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, applies only to those who belong to the Kingdom of God , which the Op didn't inform up he was a part of. So please learn to present Christ in the right context, not shove him at any and everyone. undecided
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by kellyezekiel1997(m): 7:35pm On Dec 30, 2021
That ur fada de craze wella ooo
He needs to be dealt with and taught a big lesson: this can only be done by YOU.
Deal with your fada as man you are now.

Nonsense fada of a kind, spoiling the name of fatherhood and family.
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by frozen70(f): 11:16pm On Dec 30, 2021
Phillipsburg:
It's a long read because I had to pour out my mind wholeheartedly. Please endeavor to read through.

I so much hate my dad right now. And even my mom for supporting him. I can always remember how unfortunate it is for me to find myself in this family in the first place. Infact, not having a family is better than this living hell I found myself because these people are bent on ruining my future with their own life.

My father is the person who will be fighting with my mom in a brutally physical manner where they'd be running after themselves in the street after almost stripping themselves naked. He's the one who doesn't know how to reprimand his children except by using curses. He's the one who would go out and come back drunk and turn everywhere upside down. All these I've endured for almost every part of my life and my mom has refused to leave him saying because she has kids for him.
I know some of you people will start saying all manner of things about how you would have cherished your parents if you had one blah blah blah but this is hell. It's choking me I feel like dying.

I just met a girl who happened to be my girlfriend and we've been together for some time now and my father is help bent on separating us because he doesn't want me to marry close to him so that there wouldn't be clashes between him and the mother of the girl because he feels the woman is a violent person.
As they've turned the house into a place of sorrow, i couldn't think of spending even a minute inside the house. I usually spend the evening with this girl at her place and return when everyone at home must have slept. The next thing was for him to start cursing at the girl and even threatening to go to her house and throw tantrums.
I just want to get out of all these because it's choking me. I can't breathe. I feel like I'm losing my mind because of everything. The emotional torture I feel whenever they start fighting. How angry I feel when he starts cursing everyone and shouting at us in front of the house and disgracing everyone of us throughout the whole neighborhood. The way he go about gossiping and talking bad about his own children and wife to outsiders and the whole neighborhood. I'm sick of everything.

I just wish I was born without a family because I'm even afraid of imbibing his behaviors and acting like him when I later settle down. I will never forgive him for making me become who I don't want to be.

That man has already giving birth to you and you have to take charge of your life

If you can afford a room accommodation pls plan and pack out

If you can't afford a room accommodation, then look for any family member that you can relocate to to start finding your bearing
He has lived his own life and don't allow him to trade in your life

As for your girl, continue your relationship with her and let her know everything about him and your family so that she won't be embarrassed

As for your father he will get tired either by age or by pressure
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Nyenatetan(m): 2:55am On Dec 31, 2021
Nigga ,if you've got means, Stay away from the family house , as in :
Get an apartmentof your choice (affordable)

Have something doing to take your mind off all those worries (something developmental)

Do not let anyone in your family know your location,
if you trust your babe you fit let her know, but with so much caution that it be not known to others .

Last last na family go come the run for you ,
I'ma living testimonyto all this bro.

Goodluck as you strive to make your side more resourceful
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by 2kurupt(m): 9:07am On Dec 31, 2021
Phillipsburg:

I'm only waiting around to be mobilized for service. So I still have about 3 months at least with them.
You mustn't be idle while waiting for deployment na, get something doing. Sometimes seeing you everyday at home can be the problem with some parents.
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by jaxxy(m): 4:06pm On Dec 31, 2021
Phillipsburg:
It's a long read because I had to pour out my mind wholeheartedly. Please endeavor to read through.

I so much hate my dad right now. And even my mom for supporting him. I can always remember how unfortunate it is for me to find myself in this family in the first place. Infact, not having a family is better than this living hell I found myself because these people are bent on ruining my future with their own life.

My father is the person who will be fighting with my mom in a brutally physical manner where they'd be running after themselves in the street after almost stripping themselves naked. He's the one who doesn't know how to reprimand his children except by using curses. He's the one who would go out and come back drunk and turn everywhere upside down. All these I've endured for almost every part of my life and my mom has refused to leave him saying because she has kids for him.
I know some of you people will start saying all manner of things about how you would have cherished your parents if you had one blah blah blah but this is hell. It's choking me I feel like dying.

I just met a girl who happened to be my girlfriend and we've been together for some time now and my father is help bent on separating us because he doesn't want me to marry close to him so that there wouldn't be clashes between him and the mother of the girl because he feels the woman is a violent person.
As they've turned the house into a place of sorrow, i couldn't think of spending even a minute inside the house. I usually spend the evening with this girl at her place and return when everyone at home must have slept. The next thing was for him to start cursing at the girl and even threatening to go to her house and throw tantrums.
I just want to get out of all these because it's choking me. I can't breathe. I feel like I'm losing my mind because of everything. The emotional torture I feel whenever they start fighting. How angry I feel when he starts cursing everyone and shouting at us in front of the house and disgracing everyone of us throughout the whole neighborhood. The way he go about gossiping and talking bad about his own children and wife to outsiders and the whole neighborhood. I'm sick of everything.

I just wish I was born without a family because I'm even afraid of imbibing his behaviors and acting like him when I later settle down. I will never forgive him for making me become who I don't want to be.

Nobody can make u who U don't want to be except u. Once u cross 18 years u can actually start ur life if u know what to do and how to do it and relate with the rich set of people.

Yes u dad is terrible sadly bt u can isolate ur self and mind from the nuisance and forge ur own path.

Secondly u have the mind to get a gf bt don’t have the mind to get a job, leave home and start ur life? U seem unserious urself and having misplaced priorities despite ur bad situation. One would think hussling with be ur top priority so u can leave that frustrating environment and even move ur mom out bt no u are chasing gals and angry ur dad is disgracing and destroying ur rep outside.

U need to focus ooo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? / Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.