Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,721 members, 7,851,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:53 PM

My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! (28840 Views)

My Wife's Ex-Boyfriend Is About To Ruin My Marriage / Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad / My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Robinson155(m): 8:47am On Dec 30, 2021
Phillipsburg:
It's a long read because I had to pour out my mind wholeheartedly. Please endeavor to read through.

I so much hate my dad right now. And even my mom for supporting him. I can always remember how unfortunate it is for me to find myself in this family in the first place. Infact, not having a family is better than this living hell I found myself because these people are bent on ruining my future with their own life.

My father is the person who will be fighting with my mom in a brutally physical manner where they'd be running after themselves in the street after almost stripping themselves naked. He's the one who doesn't know how to reprimand his children except by using curses. He's the one who would go out and come back drunk and turn everywhere upside down. All these I've endured for almost every part of my life and my mom has refused to leave him saying because she has kids for him.
I know some of you people will start saying all manner of things about how you would have cherished your parents if you had one blah blah blah but this is hell. It's choking me I feel like dying.

I just met a girl who happened to be my girlfriend and we've been together for some time now and my father is help bent on separating us because he doesn't want me to marry close to him so that there wouldn't be clashes between him and the mother of the girl because he feels the woman is a violent person.
As they've turned the house into a place of sorrow, i couldn't think of spending even a minute inside the house. I usually spend the evening with this girl at her place and return when everyone at home must have slept. The next thing was for him to start cursing at the girl and even threatening to go to her house and throw tantrums.
I just want to get out of all these because it's choking me. I can't breathe. I feel like I'm losing my mind because of everything. The emotional torture I feel whenever they start fighting. How angry I feel when he starts cursing everyone and shouting at us in front of the house and disgracing everyone of us throughout the whole neighborhood. The way he go about gossiping and talking bad about his own children and wife to outsiders and the whole neighborhood. I'm sick of everything.

I just wish I was born without a family because I'm even afraid of imbibing his behaviors and acting like him when I later settle down. I will never forgive him for making me become who I don't want to be.

Financial Freedom bro.
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 30, 2021
I feel your pain but please don't let the hate you have for your parents overwhelm you, remember we become what we hate the most.

If you are capable enough to, please leave that house and focus on what makes you happy be it your girlfriend or productive hobbies you may have and gradually you'll see that you'll be more in the position of forgiving and making a change than you are now.

Most importantly take it to God in prayer, pray, pray, pray I can't emphasize on this enough. Righteousness2 is right, God can mend broken homes and I say that because I've been there, mine might have not been the same as yours but I'll say a bit here for learning purposes. When I and my siblings were kids the situation in our household wasn't ideal, to be honest it was terrible as my dad used to hit my mom and beat us up unnecessarily with no other reason than that he was provoked. He'd insult us, call us names and threaten to kill us sometimes, I'm tearing up writing this because no child deserves to go through this and it still hurts a bit to remember it. As the eldest I took most of the beating for my younger ones and sometimes I'd go to school with heavy scars always telling the teachers and my fellow classmates that I did something bad and was corrected with a smile. My mom always taught us that if we didn't like anything we should take it to God, she never talked about my dad and whenever my dad hit her in front of us after he had left she'd tell us through teary eyes and a smile that she did something bad and got corrected for it. We didn't argue but to be honest it hurt us and we cry about it both in her presence and when she wasn't there. We prayed and prayed every time with tears in our eyes for God to change him because we knew what he was doing wasn't right and my mom said only God could change him. I remember one day telling him after he had beaten me to stupor that I loved him and God will make him happy so he wouldn't beat us again and that was the first time I saw my dad break down in tears. He still continued with the abuse but towards my teenage years he changed and I mean completely he became calm, good natured and I can honestly say he has been one of the best dads in the world so far in my eyes. My mom and dad now live together happily and all through my teenage years I have never seen my dad hit my mom.

So God does answer prayers and to parents and singles alike on this platform set a good example for all children. All this "female are useless, men are scum, Nigeria is worthless" and so on should stop. If instead of saying these toxic things we try to be more empathetic and careful with the words we say in front of children and when we are alone not only will our children grow up with a positive mentality and not criminal mindsets but also we as adults will become better human beings for thinking better, corruption will reduce, crime will reduce, productivity will increase, Jobs will be plentiful and Visas easily accessible (although most of us won't need it if Nigeria becomes better). Most importantly Nigeria will be able to progress and reclaim her position as the giant of Africa bringing pride to us all. smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Samakus(m): 8:53am On Dec 30, 2021
Midas01:
Oh, so generalisations are bad when it's not against women? I see grin

A thorough bred like me shouldn't generalize irrespective of the gender concerned. I expect others not to generalize too
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by SmartPolician: 8:54am On Dec 30, 2021
everythinggirly:
Please move out from that house. If you have money, rent a small space and furnish it small small later.

Most fathers are toxic and irresponsible but it shouldn't change the good in you because it wouldn't be a port for selling blames.

Madam, where did you get that nonsense from?

Say, "My father is irresponsible and toxic!"
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Karleb(m): 8:59am On Dec 30, 2021
chris4gold:
You will never appreciate what you have until you lose it. You hate your parents because they oppose the girl you are in love with.

My advice: be the source of change for your family.

E be like say this one no Sabi read! Chai! You need to have his kind of parents for a week to know what he's going through.

It's like some of you just repeat the "you will never appreciate what you have until you lose it" mantra whenever parents are involved.

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by SpaceAngel: 9:01am On Dec 30, 2021
Don't hate your parents or family. These are things some people pass through in life.

For your sanity, move out of the house if you can and get yourself a place very far from your parents place.

From there you can try more to see if your mum can move.

You can invite her for some days and see what will happen when she sees that there's peace of mind away from your Dad.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by idiagbo86(m): 9:01am On Dec 30, 2021
Broh, pls I will advise u to try make money first and get ur own apartment before talking about marriage. From the look of things u are still living under ur parents roof. Wen u are strong enough financially, u will be able to control some stuffs. Pls don't think or talk about getting a girl u will marry wen u are still living with ur parents . Could just be that ur parents are reprimanding u for choosing a wrong priority and u are here complaining . Have a great yuletide my brother !
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by tricksters: 9:06am On Dec 30, 2021
When the time is right no one will tell before you leave your father's house. I left mine a year into university and we only got to see at my wedding n that was after several persuasion that I shouldn't hold the wedding without inviting n my dad isn't even 1/10th dramatic as you explained yours.

[quote author=Phillipsburg post=108920356][/quote]

1 Like

Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Passionate888: 9:08am On Dec 30, 2021
Phillipsburg

because I'm even afraid of imbibing his behaviors and acting like him when I later settle down.

This is one of the reason why I'm afraid of relationships
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by monerozi5590: 9:10am On Dec 30, 2021
EmzyT:

I've read your post twice trying to Understand what your mom did to you to deserve the hate too but all I could see is; ”My dad did this, did that! Told outsiders this, embarrassed us at” From your post, I can conclude that your Dad is the reason why your family is Upside down, don't extend the hate you have for him to your Beloved Mom and Siblings. Sadly, Your Dad is an effect of Alcoholic Abuse like someone said up there. But with time, all these will fade away, old age will surely Humble him!

For your Sanity Sake, Leave the house and go rent somewhere far away from them so atleast you'd be free from his troubles!

Please be wary of your mom before your dad does something dangerous to her some day! People who abuse Drugs or Alcohol and act under the influence of it can do anything dangerous at any given moment.

May God see your family through. Shalom!
Alcohol is a drug too na
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Phillipsburg: 9:10am On Dec 30, 2021
OMEGA009:
Young Man, if you’re old enough to pursue woman, you should be old enough to get your own place. Until you get mobilized for NYSC, I suggest you put everything on hold and endure your family palava. Your father won’t change anytime soon and your mother will continue to take sides with her husband. Just pipe low with the girl and your hormones until you can leave the house and then, you can start building a life outside the toxic environment.

Thank you so much. I'm only staying at his place just because I've not been mobilized yet and my business is also around his place just some couple of street away. I've been sleeping there before not until he started complaining that I must not sleep at my place of work again and that I must come home every night. For those asking, I'm in my mid 20s.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Phillipsburg: 9:11am On Dec 30, 2021
tricksters:
When the time is right no one will tell before you leave your father's house. I left mine a year into university and we only got to see at my wedding n that was after several persuasion that I shouldn't hold the wedding without inviting n my dad isn't even 1/10th dramatic as you explained yours.

I just couldn't help it. Just looking for where to cry out because I'm a human being too and it's killing me inside.
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by lomprico(m): 9:12am On Dec 30, 2021
Phillipsburg:
It's a long read because I had to pour out my mind wholeheartedly. Please endeavor to read through.

I so much hate my dad right now. And even my mom for supporting him. I can always remember how unfortunate it is for me to find myself in this family in the first place. Infact, not having a family is better than this living hell I found myself because these people are bent on ruining my future with their own life.

My father is the person who will be fighting with my mom in a brutally physical manner where they'd be running after themselves in the street after almost stripping themselves naked. He's the one who doesn't know how to reprimand his children except by using curses. He's the one who would go out and come back drunk and turn everywhere upside down. All these I've endured for almost every part of my life and my mom has refused to leave him saying because she has kids for him.
I know some of you people will start saying all manner of things about how you would have cherished your parents if you had one blah blah blah but this is hell. It's choking me I feel like dying.

I just met a girl who happened to be my girlfriend and we've been together for some time now and my father is help bent on separating us because he doesn't want me to marry close to him so that there wouldn't be clashes between him and the mother of the girl because he feels the woman is a violent person.
As they've turned the house into a place of sorrow, i couldn't think of spending even a minute inside the house. I usually spend the evening with this girl at her place and return when everyone at home must have slept. The next thing was for him to start cursing at the girl and even threatening to go to her house and throw tantrums.
I just want to get out of all these because it's choking me. I can't breathe. I feel like I'm losing my mind because of everything. The emotional torture I feel whenever they start fighting. How angry I feel when he starts cursing everyone and shouting at us in front of the house and disgracing everyone of us throughout the whole neighborhood. The way he go about gossiping and talking bad about his own children and wife to outsiders and the whole neighborhood. I'm sick of everything.

I just wish I was born without a family because I'm even afraid of imbibing his behaviors and acting like him when I later settle down. I will never forgive him for making me become who I don't want to be.

Sorry to ask, how old are you? Are u done with school?
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Phillipsburg: 9:14am On Dec 30, 2021
idiagbo86:
Broh, pls I will advise u to try make money first and get ur own apartment before talking about marriage. From the look of things u are still living under ur parents roof. Wen u are strong enough financially, u will be able to control some stuffs. Pls don't think or talk about getting a girl u will marry wen u are still living with ur parents . Could just be that ur parents are reprimanding u for choosing a wrong priority and u are here complaining . Have a great yuletide my brother !

I'm not even talking about marriage yet. The girl is only my girlfriend who I'm just spending time with because she's around due to holiday. She's in school and I'm a graduate awaiting service. I also have a work I'm doing that I'm able to make some savings out of it. But i can't rent a place because I won't be staying long before service, less than 3 months from now.
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by marsup: 9:15am On Dec 30, 2021
What exactly is stopping you from leaving that toxic house/environment?
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by mechanics(m): 9:15am On Dec 30, 2021
You can't say you won't forgive him, Since Christ has given us from all sins, you have no option not to forgive your dad, what he needs now is serious deliverance from the spirit of drinking and fighting, it's well.
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by ogwuche4u(m): 9:20am On Dec 30, 2021
Phillipsburg:

I'm only waiting around to be mobilized for service. So I still have about 3 months at least with them.

You are an ungrateful Seed from your dad's sperm. This same family you hate so much nurtured you from infancy to adulthood. This same family saw you through school and now because you have graduated, you think you have arrived and the best you can do is to bring your family to nairaland. Honestly, you are a wasted sperm. You should have been aborted. All because of one puna, you now think your dad is embarrassing you. You still live in his house, eat his food and you have the audacity to insult them. You are an ungrateful human being.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by peedeeasobie(m): 9:20am On Dec 30, 2021
Phillipsburg:

Why are you living with your parents and you are talking about getting married?
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Phillipsburg: 9:22am On Dec 30, 2021
Natureangel:
I feel your pain but please don't let the hate you have for your parents overwhelm you, remember we become what we hate the most.

If you are capable enough to, please leave that house and focus on what makes you happy be it your girlfriend or productive hobbies you may have and gradually you'll see that you'll be more in the position of forgiving and making a change than you are now.

Most importantly take it to God in prayer, pray, pray, pray I can't emphasize on this enough. Righteousness2 is right, God can mend broken homes and I say that because I've been there, mine might have not been the same as yours but I'll say a bit here for learning purposes. When I and my siblings were kids the situation in our household wasn't ideal, to be honest it was terrible as my dad used to hit my mom and beat us up unnecessarily with no other reason than that he was provoked. He'd insult us, call us names and threaten to kill us sometimes, I'm tearing up writing this because no child deserves to go through this and it still hurts a bit to remember it. As the eldest I took most of the beating for my younger ones and sometimes I'd go to school with heavy scars always telling the teachers and my fellow classmates that I did something bad and was corrected with a smile. My mom always taught us that if we didn't like anything we should take it to God, she never talked about my dad and whenever my dad hit her in front of us after he had left she'd tell us through teary eyes and a smile that she did something bad and got corrected for it. We didn't argue but to be honest it hurt us and we cry about it both in her presence and when she wasn't there. We prayed and prayed every time with tears in our eyes for God to change him because we knew what he was doing wasn't right and my mom said only God could change him. I remember one day telling him after he had beaten me to stupor that I loved him and God will make him happy so he wouldn't beat us again and that was the first time I saw my dad break down in tears. He still continued with the abuse but towards my teenage years he changed and I mean completely he became calm, good natured and I can honestly say he has been one of the best dads in the world so far in my eyes. My mom and dad now live together happily and all through my teenage years I have never seen my dad hit my mom.

So God does answer prayers and to parents and singles alike on this platform set a good example for all children. All this "female are useless, men are scum, Nigeria is worthless" and so on should stop. If instead of saying these toxic things we try to be more empathetic and careful with the words we say in front of children and when we are alone not only will our children grow up with a positive mentality and not criminal mindsets but also we as adults will become better human beings for thinking better, corruption will reduce, crime will reduce, productivity will increase, Jobs will be plentiful and Visas easily accessible (although most of us won't need it if Nigeria becomes better). Most importantly Nigeria will be able to progress and reclaim her position as the giant of Africa bringing pride to us all. smiley

Thank you so much. My mom prays. She prays so much too but whenever HE changes, he'd still revert back to his old ways. I've done a lot of talking to him, invited many elders too. But he'd always still do the same. And the worst is him making example of how his own father is a no-nonsense man.
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Righteousness2(m): 9:23am On Dec 30, 2021
GorillaApp:

My beloved brother. God bless you. Keep up the good work, never slumber. Quote me if you see this message

GOD Bless you my Brother. I received your message.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Phillipsburg: 9:25am On Dec 30, 2021
peedeeasobie:

Why are you living with your parents and you are talking about getting married?

Please take your time to read through the replies. I'm only around (and probably will be for the next 2 to 3 months) because I'm awaiting Mobilization (NYSC) and I'm not saying I'm marrying the girl. She's only my girlfriend that I'm spending time with because she's around due to holiday.
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Babastrong(m): 9:27am On Dec 30, 2021
All what i can say is:
thank you dad mi pekin so loti, awon ore mi afi bumi, teba nsun buka kiri = thank you my dad that you are not a drunkard, because my friends will use it against me if you are a bukateria addict.
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by BRATISLAVA: 9:28am On Dec 30, 2021
Phillipsburg:

You're going to have to decide to be your own man. You can create your own life separate from who they are.

Your father has emotional problems and needs psychological help. What you described is far from normal.

Men like him make children to resent their parents. You are angry at your mother because she tolerates his aggression. But you cannot blame her. She is a victim as much as you are. He's the macho Man who can't take nonsense. If a leaf drops he's going to blow it on her head or yours. A case in family counseling.

Moving forward, develop yourself to the point where you can get a life for yourself, then rescue your mother and siblings from that torment. Because there is only one thing that can stop your father.
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Phillipsburg: 9:29am On Dec 30, 2021
Karleb:

E be like say this one no Sabi read! Chai! You need to have his kind of parents for a week to know what he's going through.

It's like some of you just repeat the "you will never appreciate what you have until you lose it" mantra whenever parents are involved.

I wouldn't want anyone to witness half of what I experienced while at home. Just leave him. He'd never appreciate having the kind of parent he has that's even if he has one

1 Like

Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by BRATISLAVA: 9:31am On Dec 30, 2021
Phillipsburg:

Thank you so much. My mom prays. She prays so much too but whenever HE changes, he'd still revert back to his old ways. I've done a lot of talking to him, invited many elders too. But he'd always still do the same. And the worst is him making example of how his own father is a no-nonsense man.

Why are you angry at your mother when you can see that she's a victim? She's been praying for him to tell you how helpless she is.
Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Limassol(m): 9:34am On Dec 30, 2021
Phillipsburg:

I'm only waiting around to be mobilized for service. So I still have about 3 months at least with them.
During your service year, do everything in your power, to save from that little alawee, brainstorm and look out for ideas, make connections and you will be fine. Meanwhile, confronting your pops will worsen an already bad situation, give him space. Plan,plan And Plan and when you eventually left, keep him at an arms lenght. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by BRATISLAVA: 9:36am On Dec 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Why is his mom to be held responsible for her part in the problem? undecided

2. Why should he be wary of his mom when she doesn't seem to care much for her own self, let alone her own kids? undecided

His mom is actually a victim. She must not have any options for her to stay with him. It's not like there are soup kitchens or rent free hostels in Nigeria if she decides to leave him.

Also Stockholm syndrome. She doesn't want to be a bad woman. Don't blame her, blame the society. There's nobody who wants to live or be treated like an animal.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Pataricatering(f): 9:41am On Dec 30, 2021
Oluromantic:
Thank God you aren't a girl. This is how some girls develop feminism or stray into the hands of a deceptive lover outside home and I don't blame them. Theyre naturally unable to endure hardship for long. Yet some still won't respect those who can cus he's not looking rich. Myopic gender!

Firstly I salute your perseverance to still keep your sanity at this stage of the ordeal. It's clear you're going through psycho-emotional trauma. I understand the trauma really well cus I went through it too. I had to spend the day out and come back at dead night for a couple of days

Do you work? Perhaps you could get a roommate and share the rent even if it's a face-to-face apartment, it's not about big boy now, it's about not losing your mind and focus. That's your best option. On a second thought, if you have a relative or friend where you can lay your head at nights, reach out to them. If you're in school, stay put in the hostel and come home only when necessary.

But truth be told, you really need a job of you're not in school. God help you bro!
lol,.e.be.like.say feminists don show this one pepper

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Phillipsburg: 9:41am On Dec 30, 2021
Kutunban:
It's sad that you found your self in such situation.
Does your mum like the aforementioned girl you are dating?
This is not even about she liking the girl because she'll always take side with my dad. She'll say she doesn't want problem etc.
Does the girl love you too? If yes, you can talk to some of your uncles regarding your intentions to marry her.

I'll only be able to know if I'll continue to marry the girl while dating now. I'm just still trying to understand this girl and sort out our differences!!

Furthermore, are you angry that your parents haven't been showing you parental love or because your dad doesn't like the girl because of her family?

I'm angry at everything. I'm angry at him for messing with my mental health, for the pains he's putting us all through, for the lack of family care and support, for the emotional and verbal abuse everyday. And yet again, he's planning on going out to the girls family to show the same thing he always does at home to them. How will the girl see me afterwards? How will she ever agree to be my girlfriend? What influence will the girls mom think I'll have on her daughter?
[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by BRATISLAVA: 9:42am On Dec 30, 2021
Righteousness2:
When I see or hear things as these, I see more reasons to appreciate GOD for the Privilege HE gave to I and my siblings to Have Parents who didn't put us through things as these.

Young man! I Have seen reckless Homes mend together again.
I Have seen almost radical homes come together again in Love.
The Rallying point of these Homes was JESUS Christ.

The Missing link in your Home is JESUS Christ. I can tell you that for Free.
If you can embrace JESUS Christ and Stand in the Gap in Prayer for your Home, you will be Suprised how GOD will mend every Broken walls and restore Love and Unity in the Home.

I Have seen it Happen and I Believe Same will Happen in your Father's house. But Somebody needs to stand in the Gap.

You're one of the religious people who promote suffering and hell on Earth for people. A toxic marriage is a toxic marriage. Clearly his father never wanted to change or he would've. His mother has been "standing in the gap" for years and nothing has happened. Doesn't that tell you something? The Bible isn't against separation. You will see a terrible case and continue to preach— do you know how many people have died from such unions when they could simply separate? Your Bible tells fathers not to provoke their children to anger, doesn't that tell you something either?

Some men who do this can only stop when they are dead. A bitter truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! by Omoluabiii(m): 9:47am On Dec 30, 2021
Phillipsburg:

What you can do, is to get out of that house, and leave them to their fate.
And start your own life, peacefully,
you will see that when you they are alone, their brain will reset,
leave that house, if you want to grow and live a peaceful life.

One more thing, please, for now, dont go near the third mainland bridge, please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie / Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.