Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu (46220 Views)

Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) / Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Sholaco: 8:18pm On Dec 30, 2021
When Buhari die Nigeria go black sad. Continue to rest in advance Buhari

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by goodman5(m): 8:19pm On Dec 30, 2021
Rip Tutu
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Amuluonyenaego: 8:20pm On Dec 30, 2021
Righteousness2:
Yes! He was great man on earth,
Yes! He was known all over the World
Yes! He was a Friend to many,

But Listen! If the arch bishop did not Genuiely Repent and ask GOD for Forgiveness for leading people astray on the Abomination of Homosexuality, Gay, lesbians, etc all these things and Noise being made are a complete waste.

I Personally saw a write up from him about not wanting to serve a GOD that is against Homosexuality or something like that.

It is really unfortunate, because that is the Same GOD , he has gone to Meet.

Listen! Let Humans Fear GOD, Obey HIS Word and quit trying to Please mere men.
GOD is not moved by titles, Positions, Praises or accolades of men.
What moves GOD is HIS Word. HE Honors HIS Word more than HIS Name.

GOD ALMIGHTY remains GOD irrespective of what anyone says or thinks.
HE is the I AM THAT I AM. The ANCIENT OF THE DAYS. THE UNCHANGEABLE GOD.

It is a Fearful thing to Fall into HIS Hands.
Allow them to finish posting naa, ur matter dn tire me oo

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by GboyegaD(m): 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2021
Righteousness2:

But Listen! If the arch bishop did not Genuiely Repent and ask GOD for Forgiveness for leading people astray on the Abomination of Homosexuality, Gay, lesbians, etc all these things and Noise being made are a complete waste.

I Personally saw a write up from him about not wanting to serve a GOD that is against Homosexuality or something like that.

Oga, when did you become assistant God that you now decide people's fate in eternity. Abeg, leave him to his God and stop creating acts that will make people rubbish the God you are trying to preach to them.

2 Likes

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Emyzoloye5(m): 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2021
Afonja muslims have no business here
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by adeoba2008(m): 8:22pm On Dec 30, 2021
Righteousness2:

They will come for you

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by SmartPolician: 8:22pm On Dec 30, 2021
South Africa is losing some of her greatest heroes. Rest in peace, Archbishop Tutu.

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Bigchristo: 8:23pm On Dec 30, 2021
TMKsouth:
When people think of the late Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu, the colour purple is often associated with him.

And in honour of the father of South Africa’s “rainbow nation” (as he nicknamed it at the dawn of democracy) the legacy of ’The Arch’ - as he is affectionately known - have been lighting up the country since he passed away on Sunday, 26 December 2021 at the age of 90.

Since Sunday night - Table Mountain, City Hall and Tutu's favourite cathedral - St George’s Cathedral - have been illuminated in purple light, to remember and honour “Cape Town’s greatest resident and all that he stood for,” the City’s mayor Geordin Hill-Lewis said in a statement.

Desmond Tutu was the city's first black archbishop during the apartheid era - a position he used to speak out against the racist regime.

“I hope also that the image will be a reminder to the world of the great challenges South Africa has overcome, of the great people who helped us to overcome those challenges, and that by following in the Arch’s example, every one of us can also make a positive difference in the world,” mayor Hill-Lewis said.

The bells of St George’s Cathedral have been rung for ten minutes each day from midday until his funeral on New Year's Day - this coming Saturday.

Cape Town Archbishop Thabo Makgoba has asked for those who hear the bells to pause in tribute to Tutu.

PICS: Table Mountain in Cape Town lit up in honour of The Arch.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.citizen.co.za/news/south-africa/2948942/cape-town-honour-desmond-tutu-legacy/
He deserves all the honors he is getting because he is a great man and a Hero, may his soul Rest In Peace, these are the people who stood firm and fight for freedom to liberate their country, good legacy matters in human life even if you’re gone your legacy still remains here on earth.

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by autonomous22: 8:24pm On Dec 30, 2021
longetivity:
He was a great Man

U bin know am?
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Mayeldah(m): 8:25pm On Dec 30, 2021
Good for Tutu

What will Buhari be remembered for when he dies?

Herdsmen? Cows? Miyetti Allah? Extremist Islam? Terrorism? Bandits? Boko Haram? nepotism? Fulani? Lifelessness? Wickedness? Poverty? failed economy? Excessive Borrowing? etc

Does these sounds familiar with Buhari's life?

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by kaludestiny10(m): 8:25pm On Dec 30, 2021
You just hit the nail on the head.
I enjoy reading most of your write up because it helps to reawaken my consciousness about eternity.
Just keep it up.
Righteousness2:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by mogbeyiteren: 8:26pm On Dec 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

I always wonder if homophobes will themselves make it to heaven.
sorry that Righteousness 2 just said the blatant truth

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by fergie001: 8:28pm On Dec 30, 2021
Fare the well, The Metropolitan.....

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by TMKsouth: 8:28pm On Dec 30, 2021
IfGodbeforus:
Beautiful.

wink Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Pelaiye2703(m): 8:31pm On Dec 30, 2021
If those pictures are truly from South Africa, then Nigeria is truly a giant of Africa for nothing. God bless the dead.

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Eriokanmi: 8:31pm On Dec 30, 2021
SA is so beautiful. The colonialists, though mistreated them but, developed the country, making it look like Europe or other western part of the world. Their long stay was to the benefit of the south Africans.

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Luckybelt: 8:33pm On Dec 30, 2021
Cape Town is nobody s mate in Africa

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by elmodee7(m): 8:34pm On Dec 30, 2021
Wise.
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Soulsymbol99: 8:34pm On Dec 30, 2021
One of the lasts of a dying breed cry
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by treatise: 8:36pm On Dec 30, 2021
Righteousness2:

You're most probably the opposite of what you're portraying here ; thanks to the anonymity of nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by MufasaLion: 8:36pm On Dec 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

Same here.

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by BadEnglish(m): 8:37pm On Dec 30, 2021
Oh, Desmond Elliot Tutu, angry angry how I wish I can replace you with one mannequin I know. Abi no be the Desmond wey I know?
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by HBB1(m): 8:37pm On Dec 30, 2021
Righteousness2:

Why do you never have anything good or encouraging to say?

Always negative!

*Spits

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by HBB1(m): 8:40pm On Dec 30, 2021
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by HBB1(m): 8:41pm On Dec 30, 2021
Righteousness2:

As long as you are Genuiely Born again through JESUS Christ and you are Bold and Courageous to Speak out against Evil, Abominations and Wickedness in any guise, Tou are assured of Eternal life with JESUS Christ.

So if you born again, but are not bold or courageous to speak out...
You will go to hell?

Do you think things through before you talk?
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 30, 2021
Righteousness2:

You’re filled with thrash. You’re like a human garbage can.
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Broveens42(m): 8:41pm On Dec 30, 2021
Luckybelt:
Cape Town is nobody s mate in Africa

I'm telling you.
Let me hear anybody mention Lagos Abuja here again.

2 Likes

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by derecho(m): 8:42pm On Dec 30, 2021
You tag them homophobes because they say the truth?
If saying Homosexuality is ungodly makes one a homophobe, then wonder no more.
TMKsouth:

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by matrixme(m): 8:43pm On Dec 30, 2021
Our private jet riding religious leaders will never be seen in this WhatsApp group. Even Pastor Adeboye that we all agree is humble, his humility is still doing IT where Desmond Tutu's own dominates. I wonder how much money he left this earth with. So much have we departed from the standards Jesus set for priests.

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by GrifindorHouse(m): 8:43pm On Dec 30, 2021
Righteousness2:

You and your church people don't know nothing but Fear mongering, Hate, judging and condemning people... The lord's chosen church can be equated to a classic cult group that deals on keeping people in intellectual bondage! You people are the most retrograded set of Christians I've ever seen.

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Bukden16(m): 8:44pm On Dec 30, 2021
[s]
Righteousness2:

[/s]

It's almost New Year and you're still like this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye / Muslim Man Praying Before A Church Banner (Photo) / Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.