Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu (46186 Views)

Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) / Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral / Archbishop Desmond Tutu Is Dead. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by TMKsouth: 10:06pm On Dec 30, 2021
yourangel:

The world would always love its own. Those that lived on the world’s terms are loved dearly by the world. Those that live on the terms of God’s Word are hated with perfect hatred.

If you’re a compromised political preacher, the world would love and celebrate you, and even give you a Nobel prize for recognition. But if you’re a genuine preacher of the undiluted Word of the Living God, with no compromise, the world would loathe and detest you. The Master Himself already told us this about 2000 years ago. So, we are unfazed and unmoved!

Tutu was awarded the Nobel in 1984 for opposing apartheid. That was way before he uttered a single word about homosexuality, which was in the 2000s. So your long epistle is based on factual inaccuracies and therefore null and void.

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by NeverLost: 10:06pm On Dec 30, 2021
Righteousness2:
Yes! He was great man on earth,
Yes! He was known all over the World
Yes! He was a Friend to many,

But Listen! If the arch bishop did not Genuiely Repent and ask GOD for Forgiveness for leading people astray on the Abomination of Homosexuality, Gay, lesbians, etc, all these things and Noise being made are a complete waste. It is straight to Hell Fire!

I Personally saw a write up from him about not wanting to serve a GOD that is against Homosexuality or something like that.

It is really unfortunate, because that is the Same GOD , he has gone to Meet.

Listen! Let Humans Fear GOD, Obey HIS Word and quit trying to Please mere men.
GOD is not moved by titles, Positions, Praises or accolades of men.
What moves GOD is HIS Word. HE Honors HIS Word more than HIS Name.

It is Better to be Hated on Earth for your stand for GOD, Holiness and Righteousness , than to Compromise your faith and be loved on Earth , only to open your eyes in Hell!

GOD ALMIGHTY remains GOD irrespective of what anyone says or thinks.
HE is the I AM THAT I AM. The ANCIENT OF THE DAYS. THE UNCHANGEABLE GOD.

It is a Fearful thing to Fall into HIS Hands.
guy Carry your sermon cimmot NL, you're becoming redundant
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by IronGalaxy: 10:07pm On Dec 30, 2021
Abdulmujeeb52:
Is he from Nigeria, because the "Tutu" sounds like a Yoruba's name?
he is of Xhosa tribe
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by TMKsouth: 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2021
NGArmyTerrorist:
TMK holding it down! Making it feel like I am in South Africa with those pictures.. May Emeritus Tutu rest Well ; his teachings and legacies lives On!

Thanks man cool That's the intention.
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by jamesversion: 10:13pm On Dec 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

Oh I get u - you want every single detail! I got u covered til the funeral on Saturday - don't worry wink Stay tuned! grin

Jobless boy!!! How much do you earn in a month that you will be wasting away valuable time that would ordinarily be put into more profitable ventures into unnecessarily fulfilling the wishes of your fellow Jobless forum member a thousand kilometers away from you.

It beats my imagination how people can make such awful life choices.
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by derecho(m): 10:17pm On Dec 30, 2021
Like I said, I don't know the shades of meanings you'll like to give to it But Homosexuality is A NO-NO and if The late Archbishop supported it then he wasn't speaking the Bible. Stealing and the vices you mentioned are equally wrong and should be condemned.
I hope if I condemn those vices, you'll find words like Thieving-phobe, SkullminingPhobe etc?
TMKsouth:

Are you talking about the same homophobes who steal, skull mine, drug deal and scam people on every other day except Sunday undecided

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Righteousness2(m): 10:18pm On Dec 30, 2021
GrifindorHouse:

You and your church people don't know nothing but Fear mongering, Hate, judging and condemning people... The lord's chosen church can be equated to a classic cult group that deals on keeping people in intellectual bondage! You people are the most retrograded set of Christians I've ever seen.

Calm down, Repent , surrender to JESUS Christ so you don't Perish in Hell!

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by MrLankeeee(m): 10:24pm On Dec 30, 2021
Righteousness2:

But Listen! If the arch bishop did not Genuiely Repent and ask GOD for Forgiveness for leading people astray on the Abomination of Homosexuality, Gay, lesbians, etc, all these things and Noise being made are a complete waste. It is straight to Hell Fire!

I Personally saw a write up from him about not wanting to serve a GOD that is against Homosexuality or something like that.

It is Better to be Hated on Earth for your stand for GOD, Holiness and Righteousness , than to Compromise your faith and be loved on Earth , only to open your eyes in Hell!

Do you even know who God is? Have you experience who He truly is?

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by TMKsouth: 10:24pm On Dec 30, 2021
jamesversion:

Jobless boy!!! How much do you earn in a month that you will be wasting away valuable time that would ordinarily be put into more profitable ventures into unnecessarily fulfilling the wishes of your fellow Jobless forum member a thousand kilometers away from you.

It beats my imagination how people can make such awful life choices

Exactly.

Just see below what you post in your spare time. Atleast i impart meaningful knowledge onto the readers. WTF is this you're up to with such posts on a public forum with kids around? Great life choice indeed.

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by MrLankeeee(m): 10:27pm On Dec 30, 2021
Righteousness2:

As long as you are Genuiely Born again through JESUS Christ and you are Bold and Courageous to Speak out against Evil, Abominations and Wickedness in any guise, no matter who is hurt! You are assured of Eternal life with JESUS Christ.

A God that is Biased is no God at all. Check up the meaning of love in your bible.

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by MrLankeeee(m): 10:31pm On Dec 30, 2021
This should remind everyone that God is not biased.

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by TMKsouth: 10:34pm On Dec 30, 2021
derecho:
Like I said, I don't know the shades of meanings you'll like to give to it But Homosexuality is A NO-NO and if The late Archbishop supported it then he wasn't speaking the Bible. Stealing and the vices you mentioned are equally wrong and should be condemned.
I hope if I condemn those vices, you'll find words like Thieving-phobe, SkullminingPhobe etc?

I'm not saying stealing is right - I'm saying the hypocrites who are here all day insulting gay people themselves live very filthy evil lives.

And to be clear, I don't equate homosexuality with "vices" and "sins" because I'm speaking from personal experience - gay people are not evil. Desmond Tutu also knew that first hand because he birthed a lesbian daughter who ultimately responded to God's calling to also become a priest.

So you all need to stop talking about things you know nothing of - you've never even had a single decent conversation with a gay person but you're all over social media judging them and calling for their deaths. That's what's evil.

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by obiekunie01: 10:42pm On Dec 30, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
[s]IS A PITY,THAT THIS ERA NO NIGERIAN HAS EQUAL STATUS WITH THIS GREAT MAN. VERY VOCAL AND PRAGMATIC.
THE ONLY MAN THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN CLOSE IS GANI FAWEHINME.undecided[/s]

very wrong sir.

We have lots of great fiery preachers like him or even more than him.

Rev. Father Matthew Kuka, Bishop

Bishop John Onaikan

and many others who boldly speak truth to power till today.

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by derecho(m): 10:43pm On Dec 30, 2021
Kikikiki....very subjective stance.I'm not discussing opinions. If Tutu wasn't a clergyman, I'll excuse his ignorance. Homosexuality is a vice AND A SIN according to the Bible, which he claimed to believe and preach.
TMKsouth:

I'm not saying stealing is right - I'm saying the hypocrites who are here all day insulting gay people themselves live very evil lives.

And to be clear, I don't equate homosexuality with "vices" and "sins" because I'm speaking from personal experience - gay people are not evil. Desmond Tutu also knew that first hand because he birthed a lesbian daughter who ultimately responded to God's calling to also become a priest.

So you all need to stop talking about things you know nothing of - you've never even had a single decent conversation with a gay person but you're all over social media judging them and calling for their death.

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by obiekunie01: 10:47pm On Dec 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

[s]I'm not saying stealing is right - I'm saying the hypocrites who are here all day insulting gay people themselves live very evil lives.

So you all need to stop talking about things you know nothing of - you've never even had a single decent conversation with a gay person but you're all over social media judging them and calling for their deaths. That's what's evil.[/s]

GAY PEOPLE ARE THE MOST DESPICABLE EVIL TO BOTH HUMANITY AND NATURE!

NATURE MADE IT YIN AND YANG

NEGATIVE AND POSITIVE

AND ABOVE ALL HEAVENS MADE IT ADAM AND EVE! NOT ADAM AND STEVE!!!

GAYS AND ANYBODY SUPPORTING GAY SHOULD BE HANGED UPSIDE DOWN!

DESMOND TUTU IS AN AGENT OF EVIL! SO IS NELSON MANDELA! THEY SOLD THE BLACK RIGHTS FOR A POT OF PORRIDGE!

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Reeses: 10:48pm On Dec 30, 2021
Righteousness2:

What if you find out there is no God after you died?
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by wiseoneking: 10:48pm On Dec 30, 2021
Righteousness2:

God bless you my brother for ALL the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by TMKsouth: 10:50pm On Dec 30, 2021
derecho:
Kikikiki....very subjective stance.I'm not discussing opinions. If Tutu wasn't a clergyman, I'll excuse his ignorance. Homosexuality is a vice AND A SIN according to the Bible, which he claimed to believe and preach.

Yes I'm holding a subjective stance which is what matters most.

What's yours - an "objective" homophobic stance written by old, racist, unenlightened white men thousands of years ago? You're not even represented as a black person in this Bible you're preaching as gospel truth.

Get real.

FYI, Tutu went against "the Bible" to blast apartheid even though the boers used the same Bible to justify apartheid as an honourable system of separate development. That was him contradicting the Bible in some people's opinion. Didn't hear u complain.
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by derecho(m): 10:51pm On Dec 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

Yes I'm holding a subjective stance which is what matters most.

What's yours - an "objective" homophobic stance written by old, racist, unenlightened white men thousands of years ago?

Get real.
I see
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by TMKsouth: 11:09pm On Dec 30, 2021
obiekunie01:

GAYS AND ANYBODY SUPPORTING GAY SHOULD BE HANGED UPSIDE DOWN!

Yes, coz that's what God preaches. To murder and to judge. What a great god you serve.

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by emmaattack: 11:10pm On Dec 30, 2021
I can never Hate what I must like...[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by wildikeman(m): 11:10pm On Dec 30, 2021
Who gives a shi.t.. Whatever The kaffir is gone.
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by emmaattack: 11:11pm On Dec 30, 2021
I can never Hate what I must like...
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by wildikeman(m): 11:12pm On Dec 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

Yes, coz that's what God preaches. To murder and to judge. What a great god you serve.

Just as you lots kill immigrants. So stop acting as if you are any good
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by TMKsouth: 11:15pm On Dec 30, 2021
wildikeman:

Just as you lots kill immigrants. So stop acting as if you are any good

Yeah, your God did say an eye for an eye. Also that you must hang gay people in Nigeria upside down. Great God.

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by wildikeman(m): 11:15pm On Dec 30, 2021
Righteousness2:

It is Better to be Hated and Despised on Earth for your Brutal stand for GOD, Holiness and Righteousness , than to Compromise your faith and be loved on Earth , only to open your eyes in Hell!

As for you this negative preacher.. Shut the. F.UCK Up. Stupid asss never in your ridiculous preachings have you said God loves you. Only hell fire here, hell fire there. Asswipe
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by 1F30M4(f): 11:21pm On Dec 30, 2021
Rest easy, Archbishop Tutu.
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Princewell2012(m): 11:24pm On Dec 30, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
IS A PITY,THAT THIS ERA NO NIGERIAN HAS EQUAL STATUS WITH THIS GREAT MAN. VERY VOCAL AND PRAGMATIC.
THE ONLY MAN THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN CLOSE IS GANI FAWEHINME.undecided

Hmm we have some, only that they are afraid of Buhari. Believe me if it was good luck who was on the throne they would have come out in their hundreds.

What a pity.
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by target100: 11:53pm On Dec 30, 2021

#did he write it in your presence or did you hear him say he wrote it? Especially not in a time like this when people weep up fictitious sentiments at any cost.
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by delpee(f): 11:56pm On Dec 30, 2021
Really beautiful scenes. Well deserved too.

May God rest his beautiful soul in perfect peace.

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Theophinio(m): 12:09am On Dec 31, 2021
GREAT MAN

WE WILL GREATLY MISS YOU
Re: Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Oracleamehdin(m): 1:27am On Dec 31, 2021
The senior pastor and the general overseer of Divine fountain Prophetic gospel center kano state Nigeria) EMMANUEL AMEH EJEMBI has released again prophecies for the year 2022.

������

Click to View List Prophesies

https://www.facebook.com/1669571426655306/posts/3077062135906221/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye / Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? / Muslim Man Praying Before A Church Banner (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.