Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,900 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

My Experience With Police Yesterday. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience With Police Yesterday. (1444 Views)

See how IPOB and Unknown gunmen was killing police yesterday VIDEO / Esn/unknown Gunmen Videos Themselves As Roast Another Police Yesterday / Tinubu: Deji Adeyanju Clashes With Police After Submitting Bullion Van Petition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Police Yesterday. by Maxwell775: 7:29am On Dec 30, 2021
Season greetings nairalanders. Pls I don't know the right section to post this. What's really wrong with Nigerian police?

My family's house is in Lagos, ipaja command precisely where my mum, grandmother and my Lil sis stays, my dad is late (my his gentle soul R.I.P), My elder bro jst married few months ago, he has his own house in Lag, but he came with his wife to spend time in our family's house.

I'm based in ibadan and that's where I work. I came to Lagos on Tuesday to celebrate the new year in our family's house. Whenever I'm in Lag I've a good friend that do flex me well, same thing I do whenever he visits ibadan too. For almost a year now I haven't been to Lag, so i called him that I was around. As real niggas our greetings is yabbing, he said I should come over to his place at ikotun. When i got there we went to a nice bar to flex, we were gisting, drinking enough bottles, isi ewu, catfish pepper soup and watched Chelsea match.

On my way back, as I was driving towards Baruwa, some group of police officers asked me to park, when I came down, one of them approached me and asked what do I do for a living? I told them what I do. I also told them I'm not based in Lag. They searched my car, went through my license, and car documents, it was intact and updated.

It all started from here. They asked of my business I.D card. (Pls note I came to Lag with it. It was in my wallet including my voter's card, atm card and national ID but It was at home, My guy took care of the bills so I left the house with jst 2k). I said I forgot it at home. He said a business man with no means of identification? how is he sure my car isn't stolen. Out of anger I said are you normal? you saw my car particulars correct and intact and you're still asking if it was stolen.

He pushed me and held my trouser that I'm insulting an officer. Before I knew it we drove to there station at Baruwa Gate, I sat down behind the counter, they said when it's 12am they will lock me up (for offense I know nothing about).

I called my elder bro should pls come with my business I.D to the station. He came to the station with my mom and grandmother as at 11:15pm. The officer explained what happened and told them my bail is 40k (mind you I have the Money, my atm wasn't with me) I can do transfer but I refused because I didn't commit any crime. My family offered 10k but they rejected.

My grandmother created a scene there oo... She said if they must lock me, they should also lock her up too...she said her children and grandchildren have never been to cell or station because she didn't train criminals but since they rejected the 10k we offered, they should as well lock her up with me, Let just break record today. See!! nor be small thing.

Well after long drama they accepted and we left their custody. My grandmother pulled my ears, even while I was driving she was still pulling saying better go back to ibadan if I know I came to give them wahala in Lag. Well I apologized to everyone at home.

The issue is despite the endsars and police brutality movement they're still extorting and harassing the youth. Why

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by Ahmed0336(m): 7:32am On Dec 30, 2021
Fear who no fear men in black.

While some were trying to paint NPF in good light just last week, many are busy tarnishing their image.

I don't know if this will be possible, I think it's high time each police personnel have body cameras on them. And should be on while on duty maybe, just maybe it will reduce crime perpetrated by corrupt officers.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by cassidy1996(m): 7:32am On Dec 30, 2021
this country is gone
your grandmother is a wonderful woman, i like her actions

19 Likes

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by Klintzs: 7:32am On Dec 30, 2021
This not funny oo

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by uthlaw: 7:34am On Dec 30, 2021
The most useless set of people in this country are Nigeria police!

12 Likes

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by LibertyRep: 7:35am On Dec 30, 2021
You asked if he was normal and he instantly activated his abnormal mode.

Policemen could be irritating at checkpoints but learn to be civil.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by Jidemoo: 7:35am On Dec 30, 2021
Local man is just speechless

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by advanceDNA: 7:37am On Dec 30, 2021
But you get mind oooo....u asked Nigerian police if he’s normal.....?? As in.... you should already know Nigerian policemen are not normal.

People have been shot for less...
Thank God you came out alive..

Something 500 naira rojà for don solve....

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by Maxymilliano(m): 7:41am On Dec 30, 2021
Next time try and get name tags of the criminals and if possible service numbers. It will aid the public out cry.

Nonetheless, you can still get your complain across if there is any evidence to back up your claims

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by Maxwell775: 7:42am On Dec 30, 2021
advanceDNA:
But you get mind oooo....u asked Nigerian police if he’s normal.....?? As in.... you should already know Nigerian policemen are not normal.

People have been shot for less...
Thank God you came out alive..

Something 500 naira rojà for don solve....
Bro, I understand. But it was really annoying. He saw my documents and he's still asking nonsense question and I refused to give them money because I didn't commit any crime.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by Bettykeys: 7:44am On Dec 30, 2021
The problem here is that the Nigeria police can never change for any better as they are hell bent to make sure that the part 2 of EndSARS comes faster

However, the Nigeria gvt are the worst in history bcs they keep recruiting illiterate criminals as law enforcement officers year in year out

By the time Nigeria youth turn back the war will be the final. Nigeria gvt should keep deaf hear to all these daily reports

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by Maxwell775: 7:44am On Dec 30, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Next time try and get name tags of the criminals and if possible service numbers. It will aid the public out cry.

Nonetheless, you can still get your complain across if there is any evidence to back up your claims
I really don't have evidence but I have witnesses which are my family members. They were even negotiating the extortion with them.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by 2special(m): 7:45am On Dec 30, 2021
cassidy1996:
this country is gone
your grandmother is a wonderful woman, i like her actions
yes o

10 Likes

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by Maxymilliano(m): 7:49am On Dec 30, 2021
Maxwell775:
I really don't have evidence but I have witnesses which are my family members. They were even negotiating the extortion with them.
Baruwa Gate is under Area M ... Check the attached doc and do the needful

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by portplus: 7:50am On Dec 30, 2021
Will this thing ever stop?
The bad part is that the extortion will continue...

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by portplus: 7:51am On Dec 30, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by Tokskob2008: 7:52am On Dec 30, 2021
There are no worst criminals in this country than the NPF themselves, they steal, they kill, do drugs, aid and abett crimes even when it's so glaring and obvious.

Op pls for the last time DO NOT argue with the Nigerian police. It's for your own safety.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by Ttalk: 7:52am On Dec 30, 2021
Ahmed0336:
Fear who no fear men in black.

While some were trying to paint NPF in good light just last week, many are busy tarnishing their image.

I don't know if this will be possible, I think it's high time each police personnel have body cameras on them. And should be on while on duty maybe, just maybe it will reduce crime perpetrated by corrupt officers.

Your idea is a good one. It is so sadden to see many of these crimes are linked to security personnels. Is the poor remuneration of police and their likes enough reason to engage in crime

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by Maxwell775: 7:56am On Dec 30, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Thank you Sir.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by clarocuzioo(m): 7:57am On Dec 30, 2021
, HELINUES, this is how #ENDSARS started.

Tell your darling daddy to call those criminals in uniform to order now it is not yet late.

#ENDSARS 2.0 loading.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by advanceDNA: 8:04am On Dec 30, 2021
Maxwell775:
Bro, I understand. But it was really annoying. He saw my documents and he's still asking nonsense question and I refused to give them money because I didn't commit any crime.

This is nigeria....u don’t have to commit crime to give Nigerian police 500 naira....
They are frustrated beings....
The day police man told me and my friends that we are young fortunate to go to college and have good jobs, yet we see them on the way and don’t appreciate their sacrifice...that he can shoot us and call us criminals, I knew they are just mad people.....

I don’t argue with them...no matter what...
It’s not even wise to argue with a man holding a Kalashnikov rifle

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by OmoOshodi(m): 8:15am On Dec 30, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Next time try and get name tags of the criminals and if possible service numbers. It will aid the public outcry.

Nonetheless, you can still get your complaint across if there is any evidence to back up your claims
These are rogues as well..... this one will only ask for their share of the extortion after telling you sorry.
Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by Tumbulum: 8:16am On Dec 30, 2021
To Stop police brutality,start being brutal to police and they will all respect themselves.
Remember UGM in the south East. They humbled them police and stupid people started shouting that police are also peoples father and mother.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by pointblank247(m): 8:30am On Dec 30, 2021
That is the major reason we no longer tolerate them on the roads and streets of Anambra state. At a stage it was so bad in Anambra state, all because an average Anambra man or woman is in a hurry to some business or the other, so when they stop you they just waste your time until you drop better money oo.

But now, sombody say "but now"
We don't even remember the colour of their uniforms

10 Likes

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by BeardedmeatR(m): 8:37am On Dec 30, 2021
Maxymilliano:

E be like say you be Ekelebe?

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by boiz2men(m): 8:54am On Dec 30, 2021
Maxwell775:
Season greetings nairalanders. Pls I don't know the right section to post this. What's really wrong with Nigeria police?

My family's house is in Lagos, ipaja command precisely where my mum, grandmother and my Lil sis stays, my dad is late (my his gentle soul R.I.P), My elder bro jst married few months ago, he has his own house in Lag, but he came with his wife to spend time in our family's house.

I'm based in ibadan and that's where I work. I came to Lagos on Tuesday to celebrate the new year in our family's house. Whenever I'm in Lag I've a good friend that do flex me well, same thing I do whenever he visits ibadan too. For almost a year now I haven't been to Lag, so i called him that I was around. As real niggas our greetings is yabbing, he said I should come over to his place at ikotun. When i got there we went to a nice bar to flex, we were gisting, drinking enough bottles, isi ewu, catfish pepper soup and watched Chelsea match.

On my way back, as I was driving towards Baruwa, some group of police officers asked me to park, when I came down, one of them approached me and asked what do I do for a living? I told them what I do. I also told them I'm not based in Lag. They searched my car, went through my license, and car documents, it was intact and updated.

It all started from here. They asked of my business I.D card. (Pls note I came to Lag with it. It was in my wallet including my voter's card, atm card and national ID but It was at home, My guy took care of the bills so I left the house with jst 2k). I said I forgot it at home. He said a business man with no means of identification? how is he sure my car isn't stolen. Out of anger I said are you normal? you saw my car particulars correct and intact and you're still asking if it was stolen.

He pushed me and held my trouser that I'm insulting an officer. Before I knew it we drove to there station at Baruwa Gate, I sat down behind the counter, they said when it's 12am they will lock me up (for offense I know nothing about).

I called my elder bro to pls come with my business I.D to the station. He came to the station with my mom and grandmother as at 11:15pm. The officer explained what happened and told them my bail is 40k (mind you I have the Money, my atm wasn't with me) I can do transfer but I refused because I didn't commit any crime. My family offered 10k but they rejected.

My grandmother created a scene there oo... She said if they must lock me, they should also lock her up too...she said her children and grandchildren have never been to cell or station because she didn't train criminals but since they rejected the 10k we offered, they should as well lock her up with me, Let just break record today. See!! nor be small thing.

Well after long drama they accepted and we left their custody. My grandmother pulled my ears, even while I was driving she was still pulling saying better go back to ibadan if I know I came to give them wahala in Lag. Well I apologizeed to everyone at home.

The issue is despite the endsars and police brutality movement they're still extorting and harassing the youth. Why

My guy, if you have your way, leave the country. All uniformed men are like this. Criminals in uniform

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by yuping(m): 9:10am On Dec 30, 2021
NPF mini criminals while their bosses are not around.
Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by tricksters: 9:18am On Dec 30, 2021
Learn to settle police rift without any from your household. If you have gotten to the police station n insisted you did nothing wrong with valid ID's your time might be wasted but you won't pay a dime

If you have 10K to give I don't see any reason to call your family in the first instance. Posting this on NL seems like rubbish really but I understand you don't know the area you are is occupied with over 95% of young guys into yahoo. The fact is well known to the police n they are out to milk the situation.

Use to have an uncle that lived there n I had encounter with those police without giving them a dime. I hold only car papers n DL. They rest na mouth we go use talk am.

Maxwell775:
Season greetings nairalanders. Pls I don't know the right section to post this. What's really wrong with Nigeria police?

I called my elder bro should pls come with my business I.D to the station. He came to the station with my mom and grandmother as at 11:15pm. The officer explained what happened and told them my bail is 40k (mind you I have the Money, my atm wasn't with me) I can do transfer but I refused because I didn't commit any crime. My family offered 10k but they rejected.

Well after long drama they accepted and we left their custody. My grandmother pulled my ears, even while I was driving she was still pulling saying better go back to ibadan if I know I came to give them wahala in Lag. Well I apologized to everyone at home.

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 30, 2021
Dem want their own share.

They are driving people against the wall again.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by LogicBomb8: 9:23am On Dec 30, 2021
Does it mean every position with authosity is corrupt? Like where can anyone report dis harasment with confidence of justice being served

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by Maxwell775: 9:30am On Dec 30, 2021
tricksters:
Learn to settle police rift without any from your household. If you have gotten to the police station n insisted you did nothing wrong with valid ID's your time might be wasted but you won't pay a dime

If you have 10K to give I don't see any reason to call your family in the first instance. Posting this on NL seems like rubbish really but I understand you don't know the area you are is occupied with over 95% of young guys into yahoo. The fact is well known to the police n they are out to milk the situation.

Use to have an uncle that lived there n I had encounter with those police without giving them a dime. I hold only car papers n DL. They rest na mouth we go use talk am.

Sir I understand you. It was just my elder bro I called to help with my buss. ID, because they almost treated me like a criminal, but I was surprised he came with my mom and grandmom, I'm sure they were worried that's why they followed him.

Normal I dey press them something for I.B if they stop me.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Police Yesterday. by johnmartus(m): 9:31am On Dec 30, 2021
Some people just don't know they are right that's simple truths. I have to stop and defend one guy on Monday at Abiola Garden.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Is A Fool …….. / No Tinubu's Running Mate Can Satisfy Northern Interest, Northerners / The Igbos Supports Peter Obi, No Problem, Yorubas support Tinubu, problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.