Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral (35429 Views)

Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) / Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu / Archbishop Desmond Tutu Is Dead. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by TMKsouth: 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2021
Saturn444:

Leaving no grave for bigots and no DNA for nextgen cloning. Meaning there will be never be another Desmond Tutu

No need for cloning - we all have the capacity to become the next Desmond Tutus cheesy. But he has a pastor daughter as well - Mpho Tutu, so his legacy will live on in her.

1 Like

Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by surequality: 2:50pm On Dec 30, 2021
Rest in peace MAN of GOD!
Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by MartinsD12(m): 2:57pm On Dec 30, 2021
PennywysCares:
cry

Death is inevitable; all I'm praying for is God blessing and more money to put things in orders in my family and few people I can reach before I start to d go my own. At least 77- 80yrs even 83 will be ok for me

Rest in peace Archbishop
Definitely man everybody must die , all that matters is your legacies left behind

1 Like

Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

No need for cloning - we all have the capacity to become the next Desmond Tutus cheesy. But he has a pastor daughter as well - Mpho Tutu, so his legacy will live on in her.

You do not need another Desmond, cos that Era will not repeat itself. Do not provide solution to an I existent problem.

1 Like

Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by Champneys: 3:09pm On Dec 30, 2021
Tutu, Orun Re O.
Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by TMKsouth: 3:18pm On Dec 30, 2021
Saturn444:

You do not need another Desmond, cos that Era will not repeat itself. Do not provide solution to an I existent problem.

Israel and Palestine need a Desmond Tutu. What's happening there is apartheid.
Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by Volksguys1985: 3:24pm On Dec 30, 2021
I thought bishop don't procreate
Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

Their own Desmond will come from their loins.

1 Like

Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by thorpido(m): 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2021
DisLifeSha:
I don't like it too. Please give your reasons. I want to get rotten and my bones remaining

Same reason.Just let the body rot on its own.

1 Like

Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

Problem with Israel and Palestine is that unlike South Africa, they see themselves as 'separate polities'

The South African situation,at least you guys saw yourselves as one country ( yes, I am aware of the various divisions and so on) but you were operating from the one country situation. Even when the whole Bantustan and ' good neighbor' policy came up,it died in the water because most black people still lived in South Africa proper.

Mandela and tutu at least operated on the vision of one South Africa United under multiracial leadership.

Israel and Palestine? If someone were to come and start speaking about a unified country of Jews and Arabs,no one, not even the liberals, would listen to him. Too much anger. No equivalent of a rev tutu there. ( At least most South African s follow some form of Christianity, so there was some form of conmon understanding. Someone like Rev tutu could speak in a language that everyone would have understood. Israel and Palestine dont have that. )

1 Like

Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by Boniwhite: 5:30pm On Dec 30, 2021
Zonex1:
When i die i want to b buried same way...jux a simple casket n no much noise...rest well bishop
Even me o
Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by kingzjay(m): 6:07pm On Dec 30, 2021
If there is an afterlife, I imagine him and Nelson Mandela meeting and chilling over a bottle of wine...

Even in death, he still had the needy in mind. Simple hearted man!

Rest in Peace, God's general

1 Like

Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by TMKsouth: 6:54pm On Dec 30, 2021
backbencher:

Problem with Israel and Palestine is that unlike South Africa, they see themselves as 'separate polities'

The South African situation,at least you guys saw yourselves as one country ( yes, I am aware of the various divisions and so on) but you were operating from the one country situation. Even when the whole Bantustan and ' good neighbor' policy came up,it died in the water because most black people still lived in South Africa proper.

Mandela and tutu at least operated on the vision of one South Africa United under multiracial leadership.

Israel and Palestine? If someone were to come and start speaking about a unified country of Jews and Arabs,no one, not even the liberals, would listen to him. Too much anger. No equivalent of a rev tutu there. ( At least most South African s follow some form of Christianity, so there was some form of conmon understanding. Someone like Rev tutu could speak in a language that everyone would have understood. Israel and Palestine dont have that. )

Hmmm, interesting points cool cool cool - especially that SA atleast shared a common destiny. Good neighbourliness is also an attractive prospect in the Middle East though.

I still think a Desmond Tutu can arise in the Middle East, atleast as someone who could quell the tensions and gain the trust of both sides. It seems impossible but then it's not easy being a "Desmond Tutu" or Nobel Peace Prize winner, is it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by Chiefsir(m): 7:05pm On Dec 30, 2021
Igbodicool:
Only remembered by what we have done.

The memory of the righteous shall not perish.
But at the mention of the wicked like Abacha, Azikiwe, Awolowo and other wicked dead Nigeria leaders, the people hisses.

Good night God's General.
Forever Remembered for Good!

Lol, but we have Airport & a National holiday after the aforementioned
Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by OLULAW: 7:51pm On Dec 30, 2021
I hope Nigerian Anglican bishops are reading this, and will take a cue from this godly man. Nigerian Anglican bishops are largely rogues, living site large, fr0licking with evil politicians, and capitalising on people’s gullibility. Tutu fought and defeated the apartheid regime, fought against corruption and all manners of human rights violations. Unlike Bishop Ademowo who retired, admittedly pocketing 260 million naira of church money.
Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by Sermwell(m): 8:12pm On Dec 30, 2021
jimtemi1:
GO school, u won't listen ..they said they burnt incence on the casket... Like perfume or turari
You're the one who needs to go to school since you don't know the meaning of cremation! grin
Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by Sermwell(m): 8:18pm On Dec 30, 2021
Saturn444:

Leaving no grave for bigots and no DNA for nextgen cloning. Meaning there will be never be another Desmond Tutu
Yes oh! Some religious bigots can go and be worshipping his grave! cheesy
Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by Zonex1(m): 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2021
Guy u win..
Chiefochiefo:

Why not tell your family instead of wasting space here? As if you have anything angry
Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by jimtemi1: 9:30pm On Dec 30, 2021
Sermwell:

You're the one who needs to go to school since you don't know the meaning of cremation! grin
kk sir, thanks for the advice
Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by jimtemi1: 9:31pm On Dec 30, 2021
Bobloco:

You could save saved your self this embarrassment by taking time to read

5.His funeral will hold on New Year’s Day after which his body will be cremated and his ashes placed in the Cathedral.
hoo my bad sorry about that
Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by Akharmony: 1:26pm On Dec 31, 2021
There is absolutely many things to learn from his struggle. . .
Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by Jesse6(m): 10:22pm On Dec 31, 2021
Naso u wan take start ur new year?
By correcting someone with insult?
Well, thanks for the correction Sir
jimtemi1:
GO school, u won't listen ..they said they burnt incence on the casket... Like perfume or turari
Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by feedthenation(m): 11:33pm On Dec 31, 2021
fergie001:

South African Government

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucSOikIECrA

The Cathedral's bells have been ringing for 10 minutes every day at noon since his death. The 1984 Nobel Peace Prize winner died on Sunday, aged 90.

Tutu’s simple pine coffin with rope handles, adorned with a single bunch of white carnations, was carried into St. George’s, which provided a safe haven for anti-apartheid activists during the repressive white-minority rule.

His body was received by Most Revd. Dr. Thabo Cecil Makgoba, Archbishop of Cape Town.

Priests burnt incense as Tutu's simple wooden coffin was carried into the cathedral.

Tutu's eldest daughter Thandeka Tutu-Gxashe, accompanied by other family elders, walked slowly behind as the coffin entered his former parish.

His frail wife Leah had been wheeled into the church earlier.

He had clear wishes for his funeral and plans to honour him;

---Simples---life and death should not be complicated---dust to dust---ashes to ashes---
Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by jimtemi1: 12:47am On Jan 01, 2022
Jesse6:
Naso u wan take start ur new year?
By correcting someone with insult?
Well, thanks for the correction Sir
sorry if it got u the wrong way.meant no harm. I never expected u to take it seriously it social media, it fun.. Happy New Year sir/ma
Re: Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral by Jesse6(m): 11:42am On Jan 01, 2022
Lol
No problem bro
jimtemi1:
sorry if it got u the wrong way.meant no harm. I never expected u to take it seriously it social media, it fun.. Happy New Year sir/ma

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Drunk Church Members In Congo Praying (Photos, Video) / Shiloh 2019: Oyedepo Slams Buhari’s Govt Over "Hate Speech" Bill / Church Elder & Pastor's Son Sleep With Girl Sent To Church For Deliverance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.