Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,058 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army (64412 Views)

2023 Elections: Generals In Fresh Move To Rescue PDP / Nigerian Army Pulls Out Five Generals / Nigerian Army Announces Major Shake-up, Top Generals Affected [full List] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by johbara: 9:41am On Jan 01, 2022
quote author=KenOne post=108957549]Congratulations! Hope all of us shouting congratulations will not say nepotism and favouritism when we hear another news like this from another tribe.

The one I am against is PDP members making their siblings, relations, wives and friends judges.

Like we saw with Nyesom Wike of Rivers half of the judges and magistrates in Rivers are married, children or relations of PDP members.

PDP members from Rivers their wives and children are judges and magistrates

Wike
Austin Opara
Ken Chikere
Peter Odili
Chukwu former PDP state working committee
Onuoha
Roseline Konya

Douye Diri of Bayelsa state is doing same thing.

Judiciary is gone at least PDP killed it. [/quote] Mr man reason with your head not your anus....it is the NJC that recommends qualified persons to be judges, the governors only swear them in.

1 Like

Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by AmazingELixir: 9:42am On Jan 01, 2022
undecided

Whenever I hear about Odi, Obasanjo murderous campaign there comes to mind.
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Bennycollins: 9:44am On Jan 01, 2022
KenOne:
Congratulations! Hope all of us shouting congratulations will not say nepotism and favouritism when we hear another news like this from another tribe.

The one I am against is PDP members making their siblings, relations, wives and friends judges.

Like we saw with Nyesom Wike of Rivers half of the judges and magistrates in Rivers are married, children or relations of PDP members.

PDP members from Rivers their wives and children are judges and magistrates

Wike
Austin Opara
Ken Chikere
Peter Odili
Chukwu former PDP state working committee
Onuoha
Roseline Konya

Douye Diri of Bayelsa state is doing same thing.

Judiciary is gone at least PDP killed it.
Get it, his brother did not give him the promotion, the Army authority did as dew, and deserved. The brother only decorated him. Even a civilian can be chosen to decorate an officer with his new rank.

3 Likes

Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by HEAVEN4444: 9:44am On Jan 01, 2022
Generals with no war history

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Haddock(m): 9:46am On Jan 01, 2022
positivelord:
Wow...now this is amazing

I just pity anyone that will find their father trouble ...I just pity the person

As usual in Nigeria, they are the ones with a license to act with impunity and "find other people trouble"...

See an example below: https://www.nairaland.com/6508845/impunity-major-general-gabriel-ede
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Amah70: 9:47am On Jan 01, 2022
Jlow2:
We once had general ishaya and musa bamaiyi
Both siblings from kebbi state

...but at one point after each other's neck because of woman.
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by 3rdavefarms(m): 9:47am On Jan 01, 2022
Jlow2:
We once had general ishaya and musa bamaiyi
Both siblings from kebbi state

Also Col Theophilus Banigboye and Col David Banigboye both became the administrator then

3 Likes

Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Landmack: 9:47am On Jan 01, 2022
michlins:
South South is slowly usurping the position of the South East in the scheme of things in Nigeria.

Congratulations to them sha

All blame goes to the foolish and touting group called ipob. but we will surely come out strongest!

2 Likes

Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by michlins(m): 9:47am On Jan 01, 2022
Landmack:

All blame goes to the foolish and touting group called ipob. but we will surely come out strongest!
amen
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Landmack: 9:49am On Jan 01, 2022
CriticMaestro:
General Ishaya Bamaiyi and Musa Bamaiyi are the first siblings to become general... They hail from Zuru in Kebbi state.
Ishaya Bamaiyi was the Chief of Army Staff under Abacha
yea
The careless I.Bamaiyi whose son mistakenly shot his younger bro. Dark tales of Ztown

2 Likes

Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by jumpmasta(m): 9:50am On Jan 01, 2022
dubaino:
*History was made in the Nigerian Army of Thursday, December 30, 2021, when two brothers from the same parents, one the elder and Corps Commander, Nigerian Army Artillery, Major Gen TA Gagariga, decorated his younger brother Teriworie Gagariga with his new rank of Major General.*

*Both siblings also serve in the same corps of artillery hail from Bayelsa State in South-South Nigeria.*

Father from Odi..Community and Mother from Kaiama Town both Bayelsa State.

Congratulations the General Teriworie Gagariga.

Chief Diplomat...

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/12/history-as-army-decorates-gagariga-brothers-as-major-generals-from-same-family-same-artillery-corps/
Reminds me of the Ombu family from Bayelsa . May Gen Ombu , Rear Admiral Ombu and Air Vice Marshal Ombu . All now RTD

4 Likes

Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by yusluvad(m): 9:50am On Jan 01, 2022
Family of Generals...
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Amah70: 9:51am On Jan 01, 2022
HEAVEN4444:
Generals with no war history

Lol.
The war history is shooting any civilians that rose against the skewed and lopsided political structure and unitary government system already established for Nigeria.

Most soldiers from southern Nigeria need to be taken under a tree in Sokoto or Kano for an almajiri to lecture them on: The Influence of Nigeria's New 36 states and Abuja Political Structure on Nigeria's Elective and Development Process.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Landmack: 9:51am On Jan 01, 2022
Localemperor:
[s]The south East want out. No body is dragging anything with any body!. You get?[/s]

speak for yaself. igbos dont believe in MNKs Biafra

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by jumpmasta(m): 9:53am On Jan 01, 2022
Ayomide811:
Ndi meth will see nothing wrong here since it is South south but change the state to Kastina and see them condemning the whole north
You guys are so pathetic . There are two brothers , Maj Gen Etsu Ndagi and now another Maj Gen Etsu Ndagi . No one made any noise . I don’t know why you guys are filled with hatred .

3 Likes

Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by easzypeaszy(m): 9:54am On Jan 01, 2022
Dey don break d record of the Bamaiyi family from Zuru Kebbi State..During Abacha..One is still alive.
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Fcwilly: 9:56am On Jan 01, 2022
Congratulations to them very happy for them, just like the Bamayi Brothers,
Thanks goodness, this two are not enemy to each other.
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by jumpmasta(m): 9:56am On Jan 01, 2022
BJanta:

This is not just enviable history, but engineered and guided history. Would the Senior brother not have helped and guided the junior one to join he army and then propel him through his career? These fruits of nepotism and not any enviable achievements.
If you knew the Gagarigas , you wouldn’t have spewed this trash !
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Rayjnr: 9:57am On Jan 01, 2022
Kucoin:
Patriotic comrade!

Imagine the furore If these generals happened to be northerners in my country?

They will say rubbish
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Rayjnr: 9:58am On Jan 01, 2022
BanevsJoker:

You are pathetic.

He said the truth
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by silvoclaira: 10:04am On Jan 01, 2022
Bloody civilian
trutht828:

Lolz. Who told you everyone in the army is dedicated to serve the country?
Stop talking like a naive person
What do you know?! Ignoramus!
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Lightorder: 10:10am On Jan 01, 2022
Congratulations! May God continue to keep you
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by michoim(m): 10:12am On Jan 01, 2022
Congratulations to the Gagariga family!!!
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by PrinceOfLagos: 10:14am On Jan 01, 2022
Congratulations to them smiley
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Trustedpronet: 10:17am On Jan 01, 2022
The new chief of staff is not partial on this one.
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by anigbajumo(m): 10:20am On Jan 01, 2022
They are many hypocrites in this country. A country of only southern Nigeria will cause nepotism and disunity than this present Nigeria. No any negative comments because it’s a southerner had it been the other way round Buhari and northerners will hear from the likes of Reno and co, hypocrites everywhere…Congrats to them.
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Drefaithful(m): 10:20am On Jan 01, 2022
Tranquill:

You are right. We've also had 3 siblings who were generals at the same time but one was army, one navy and the other airforce. Either under Abacha or Obasanjo. I think one even became the Chief of Naval Staff at the time. The Ombus from Nembe, Bayelsa.

You are right to some extent, they were Generals in the NA, NAF &NN respectively, they are siblings. They were all served as COAS, CAS &CNS, in different times, This feat is unmatched till date.

1 Like

Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Landmack: 10:23am On Jan 01, 2022
silvoclaira:
Bloody civilian What do you know?! Ignoramus!

Officer silvoclaira of the 666 Battalion,Otueke...why are u boiling with rage? The civilian stated the obvious.

same way some pple dont want the unity of Nigeria to last. They are in every hidden meeting planning on how to smuggle and empower demonic militias and bandits with arms and ammunition
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Drefaithful(m): 10:29am On Jan 01, 2022
Joeyfizzo:
were they both serving at the same time?

Yes, Gen Musa and Gen Ishaya Bamaiyi served at the same time, in fact the former was Made DG NDLEA, and the latter was later made COAS during Abacha
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Impregnablefolk: 10:33am On Jan 01, 2022
Pls can someone help me transcribe so I can get d right pronunciation? because na Babariga too dey worry na him I dey see so. Or mayb I'm tipsy. I come in peace!
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by haslaw(m): 10:34am On Jan 01, 2022
Ayomide811:
Ndi meth will see nothing wrong here since it is South south but change the state to Kastina and see them condemning the whole north

Very true.. I got promoted and was happy to tell someone I thought was a friend only for her to say it's because I'm a northerner.

Ndi meth are full of hatred

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' / Sanusi's Removal As Emir: Dele Momodu Poses Question On Future / Osinbajo & Tinubu Meet & Greet At South-West Leaders' Meeting (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.