Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,076 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:26 AM

What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 (10113 Views)

What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? / What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by sundaygray(m): 4:52pm On Dec 31, 2021
Anybody can make money. Anybody can turn overnight millionaire

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by seanwilliam(m): 4:57pm On Dec 31, 2021
Tranquility2345:

So na because of the bolded you wan use soapy to murder your kponron Abi? undecided

Lol. Leave my prick out of this comrade grin

1 Like

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by Nascimento(m): 4:57pm On Dec 31, 2021
Kalatium:
This thread is a Sequel to this 2020 thread https://www.nairaland.com/6335485/what-lessons-learnt-2020

As the year runs out, I thought it wise to once again reflect on lessons we have leart so far this year. I believe that we live to learn and in learning we live.

Here are 5 penned down leasons I became acquitted with this year.

1. Expect the best but prepare for the worst. Planning Is good but only up to a certain point because, more time than not, life does not go according to plan.
Do make your plans, but keep in mind things will most likely develop differently than what you planned.

As Mike Tyson once said " Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."

You can't always get what you want no matter how you try. There are many things I tried to accomplish but no matter how I tried there are many challenges I kept facing.

2. Many people are too proud of whatever they think they have , belief or possess and tend to use this criteria to look down on others or fight them . We are proud of our ignorance, proud of our religion or denomination, proud of our tribe, proud of our socioeconomic status .

These are things we did nothing to get. We were fortunate to have found ourself in such tribe, religion, socioeconomic status (poor, rich or middle class) etc.

3. The 80/20 rule:
This is a principle that states that roughly 80% of results are generated from 20% of efforts.

To explain this law further:
• 20% of employees account for 80% of the companies success.

• You wear 20% of your clothes 80% of the time .

• You walk on 20% of your carpet 80% of the time.

• You spend 80% of your time with only 20% of your friends.

• 20% of Nairalanders deliver 80% of nairaland content.

4. People tend to remember more of your bad side that the good .
You may do many good things but once you do bad, that is where you get heavy criticism irrespective of your past good deeds. You might have been helping someone consistently but the day you refuse, you are seen as lacking compassion or wicked.

I think the human brain has a tendency to remember more bad things than good. I also think that's why bad news tend to get our attention more than good ones.

5. People always judge a book by it's cover. Within seconds of seeing you people have already judge you based on how you appear and project their thoughts on what you are like ,even before getting to know you.

What lessons have you learnt?

That personal development (career, health, spiritual ) is the ultimate.

1 Like

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by Liverpoolfc(m): 4:59pm On Dec 31, 2021
WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by cassidy1996(m): 5:03pm On Dec 31, 2021
Kalatium:
This thread is a Sequel to this 2020 thread https://www.nairaland.com/6335485/what-lessons-learnt-2020

As the year runs out, I thought it wise to once again reflect on lessons we have leart so far this year. I believe that we live to learn and in learning we live.

1. Expect the best but prepare for the worst. Planning Is good but only up to a certain point because, more time than not, life does not go according to plan.
Do make your plans, but keep in mind things will most likely develop differently than what you planned.

As Mike Tyson once said " Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."

You can't always get what you want no matter how you try. There are many things I tried to accomplish but no matter how I tried there are many challenges I kept facing.

2. Many people are too proud of whatever they think they have , belief or possess and tend to use this criteria to look down on others or fight them . We are proud of our ignorance, proud of our religion or denomination, proud of our tribe, proud of our socioeconomic status .

These are things we did nothing to get. We were fortunate to have found ourself in such tribe, religion, socioeconomic status (poor, rich or middle class) etc.

3. The 80/20 rule:
This is a principle that states that roughly 80% of results are generated from 20% of efforts.

You may do many good things but once you do bad, that is where you get heavy criticism irrespective of your past good deeds. You might have been helping someone consistently but the day you refuse, you are seen as lacking compassion or wicked.

I think the human brain has a tendency to remember more bad things than good. I also think that's why bad news tend to get our attention more than good ones.

5. People always judge a book by it's cover. Within seconds of seeing you people have already judge you based on how you appear and project their thoughts on what you are like ,even before getting to know you.

thanks Bro
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by Natajo2021: 5:11pm On Dec 31, 2021
2021 confirmed confined Mohamodu Buhari as the most wicked man on earth.
An ethnic jingoist,
Heartless dictator
A destroyer that can destroy anything with the exception of bandits and ethnic Fulani herdsmen.
Am authoritarian with a satanic mandate to destroy the people of Southern Nigeria.
A totalitarian with an instruction to wipe out the christians in Southern Kaduna and Kafancha.
A despot with a plan of suppressing the ibos.
A moslem that earth will reject his corpse at death.
A fanatic that is bent on islamisation agenda.
A mother fucker that downgraded Aisha to the other room.
A shameless debtor that threw Nigeria into generational debts.

1 Like

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by NGArmyTerrorist: 5:19pm On Dec 31, 2021
Na only God can give you Next Level, no be this TERROIST govt and its dullard pilot!
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by Exceed15: 5:34pm On Dec 31, 2021
Don't be too nice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by gazza07(m): 5:47pm On Dec 31, 2021
Naira is worthless, buhari is evil. God is faithful and merciful. To build in East is cheaper than anywhere
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by Jyl0: 5:54pm On Dec 31, 2021
Mind my business

2 Likes

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by CALCULUS16: 5:58pm On Dec 31, 2021
*Dont trust anyone even pastors.* religion na bondage, spirituality na freedom* do what makes u happy* mind is the greatest enemy, try and conquer it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by SeriouslySense(m): 5:58pm On Dec 31, 2021
I know who, I am.

I know what I want.

I know who to listen to.

Manage your time wisely, and know what is important, and what is not important,

You will be fine, and you are going to be alright, do not be afraid, or dwell in the vibration of fear.

The power of life and death are in the tongue, use it wisely.

Proclaim your dreams, say it to yourself, see it, taste, have strong faith, acting like it already is.

There is one greater than the world, the creator, who has compassion and who brought something out of nothing, who is with you, speak with the creator.

Be careful of the information you listen to, be it the media, or friends.

Sometimes we gat to discard what we think we know, to gain a better understanding.

Appreciate those who are dear to you, they are the stars in the sky.

Share your burden with only the right people.

I am connected to the source or to God and Jesus.

Failures are not really failures, they are a chance for improvement, for learning.

Keep going, do your best, and don't neglect your dreams, keep pursuing your dreams.

Nobody has power over how you feel, you have the power over how you feel.

Always speak truth to power. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't try to dominate others, or cheat others, you only do so, due to ignorance.

Impact on others positively, seek to uplift others.

Love yourself, and treat yourself with kindness.

Talk less, listen more, and see where others are coming from.

Be more selfless, and less egotistic, be willing to learn from others.

Celebrate your small achievements, even when others do not celebrate you.

You do not need others to validate yourself, you are the anwser.

You contain the answers, and are the answer, be willing to grow, and be willing to receive, and be willing to accept you are enough

Take time and as much as you need for yourself, to define your reality, to define your sight, and to know who you are.

2 Likes

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by papiSNEH(m): 6:00pm On Dec 31, 2021
Nothing like sure Odds.
Big Wiz pass davido grin
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by Mirawonder007(m): 6:05pm On Dec 31, 2021
Always be urself and never displease ur self in other to fit in ,in all thy getting get money e get why

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 31, 2021
1. That the heart of man is desperately wicked and evil; no one can know it.
2. You MUST do exactly what The Spirit of God leads you to do if you want to have good success in life. Do not rely on Pastors, Imams, Prophets, or other individuals to serve as intermediaries between you and your Maker.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by BunmiBie: 6:12pm On Dec 31, 2021
That information is power...

Chai! I don learn somethings this year o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by EmzyT: 6:14pm On Dec 31, 2021
To stop thinking with my Emotions and start thinking with my Brain

Omoh, 2021 taught me how to say NO and wouldn't feel bad about it afterwards, and trust me, it's one of the Biggest lesson of my Life!
smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by geechy: 6:18pm On Dec 31, 2021
kakaG:
No to trust a woman and always be sure someone deserves your attention, goodwill, faithfulness, love and the suffering you go through just to make them happy. I hold this in my left hand even till my next life.

Ahbobi

I'm beginning to think this gal ingratiating herself to me is not worth it my time and blood... I'm seeing signs all over specially with the way she talks.

If she need money she go change to one sweet gal.. I go stop dey give ham my testicular sperm smiley

1 Like

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by llade(m): 6:22pm On Dec 31, 2021
God has been good and merciful to me despite my shortcomings.
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by AlphaBeta130: 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2021
jametex:
To stop gambling
That thing too strong pass alcohol and drugs joined together. I regret knowing about it at all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by enchy: 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by Donbayor: 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2021
It spins up and down regardless I have got keep focus and keep moving
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by ransomed: 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2021
Never trust anyone.
Any money you cannot give ,never loan it, because they will not repay.
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by Killermamba: 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2021
Kalatium:

3. The 80/20 rule:

Never to trust anybody not even your own blood

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by Sagacity3711(m): 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2021
Not all that smile with you are your real friends.
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 31, 2021
John4B:
That Nigeria can never be well again

Infact this Is the best comment so far. I detest 90% of the habitats of shiiiithole. They are not normal human beings. They are filled with hatred, deceit, manipulation, cunny and every negative things one can Imagine......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 31, 2021
Kalatium:

3. The 80/20 rule:

That life doesn't make sense.

1 Like

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by Ebelelivinston: 7:42pm On Dec 31, 2021
2021,I survived a death in Jos crisis and realize that religion is what is simple killing this country.Nobody loves u just like that,even ur parents love u because they want u to make them proud.Working hard pays only on a smart move.Love a girl who loves u only

4 Likes

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by Bifas1: 8:35pm On Dec 31, 2021
Never to trust anyone specially pastors/men of God.
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by Adamsynox(m): 9:08pm On Dec 31, 2021
I learnt not to expect gratitude from those you have helped. Some people will just not appreciate the little help you rendered when they are in their "down time. Will I stop helping people in the New Year? No. But I will just be wiser going forward.
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 by walkingshadow911: 9:11pm On Dec 31, 2021
myfantasies:
Never to go into long distance relationships, it's a scam

Hi, i use to think am the only one that knew this.
come let move, don't be shy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Mukina2 / New Year 2013 Countdown Celebrations / Edo Declares Thursday A Public Holiday For Coronation Of The Crown Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.