Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

The Mess Of The Gsm Operators - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Mess Of The Gsm Operators (1406 Views)

Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States / NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators / How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mess Of The Gsm Operators by toyin4evr(m): 8:27pm On Feb 15, 2006
Its very sad that Nigerians are just groaning and moaning under the yoke og the gsm operators in Nigeria, itsb just like they are licenced to cheat nigerians, licenced to rob ius of our finances and make us suffer for it
When they offering bad services, we suffer for it, when their equipments refuse to function well, we still pay for it
Why in this country, the things that are meant to make life better for nigerians, turn round to becoming curses, Am afraid if we allow this to continue,, THE OVER CHARGING, POOR SERVICE, TOO HIGH TARRIF, ? no one will deliver us but ourselves, I suggest we begin to talk here on how to check to excessiveness of these operators, if they like let them pack and go, but we can not continue to serve under the yoke of their oppression,
Pls if you interested, lets begin the crusade now, yes here, lets begin to talk. lets form a very strong online forum, or assocaition, a mighty force to press home our point, i belive its achivable, its possible, if you interested please just indicate here, then we continue from there
God bless you all
Re: The Mess Of The Gsm Operators by oluewenla: 7:35am On Feb 16, 2006
dear T, i believe there was forum or group of associations that earlier came up to tackle this menance. if bought over by usual ways of Nigeria, i think, this is a better way to start.
SUPPORTED.
most operators bent on secrect promotions by giving away CARS ETC at the detriment of the users instead of equiping thier systems, reducing tarrifs and above all increasing efficiency.
GO AHEAD
SUPPORTED.
EWENLA.
Re: The Mess Of The Gsm Operators by Fdeveloper(m): 8:59pm On Feb 17, 2006
At the risk of repeating myself and several others who have made the same point in many threads, the GSM operators are not a public service, they are here to make money by offering us a service they believe we want. If we as consumers are not happy with the quality of service they are providing, then the only course of action we have is to stop using the service in question and in time commercial reality and/or competition will force them to improve the level of service to a standard where we are prepared to commence using it again.

The brutal truth is that absolutely nobody is forced to use the service the GSM operators provide so merely complaining about will not make an iota of difference.
Re: The Mess Of The Gsm Operators by Rottweiler(m): 2:34pm On Feb 20, 2006
We should stop blaming the GSM providers! These people are business men and are out to make profit at whatever cost. If it's possible, they would also evade taxes and do other worse/criminal things. They know we don't have a people-oriented government. All we can do is grumble and as the military people say: GRUMBLING IS ALLOWED! How else do we expect them to perform when the guys that are supposed to be regulating their activities have all compromised - seeking favours, being shareholders of the companies, collecting gratification at our detriment, etc.

What do we expect, when they electricity supply is epileptic or non-existent. As a result they run their basestations most times on generators. If only we solve our major problem in this country IT WOULD DEFINITELY CASCADE INTO OTHER POSITIVE DEVELOPMENTS. I have spoken.
Re: The Mess Of The Gsm Operators by otokx(m): 5:57pm On Feb 21, 2006
there is very little we can do.
Re: The Mess Of The Gsm Operators by shockreaction(m): 6:02pm On Feb 21, 2006
You, cannot, fight the system! tongue
Re: The Mess Of The Gsm Operators by luridguy(m): 7:34pm On Feb 21, 2006
well true we can only do so much when our leaders wake up things will begin to be put right no one needs to tell them to improve they will or face the consequenes you should see what mtn is like in south africa you will not belive it is the same company that is in nigeria
Re: The Mess Of The Gsm Operators by Seun(m): 7:55pm On Feb 21, 2006
That is why markets need to be deregulated so that other companies apart from MTN can come into the market and give better prices. In addition, power supply needs to be deregulated so prices can come down so MTN won't be spending as much as they do now just burning diesel in generators to keep the base-stations up. Nothing goes for nothing.

You can't force MTN to reduce their prices but you can introduce competition (like Globacom) so they will have no choice but to improve. Competition is the bedrock of capitalism and I hope everyone understands this.
Re: The Mess Of The Gsm Operators by olawalle: 2:52am On Feb 23, 2006
Too many politicians want their pockets lined with naira, from the GSM companies. So the companies take the money from you.
It is cheaper to bribe a politician from a company perspective, than to provide good service, because a politician will not pass a law against badd service. In all countires, teh use of frequencies on the airwaves, belong to the people. In Nigeria, it belongs to the corrupt politicians. You cannot expect the way of GSM service, to be that much different from the way of the rest of life, mybrothers and sisters. Live with it, and vote with your pockets, and move to best provider that you can. I used to use, MTN, but now coveragefor GLO cameto my area, and it is better because they want to make card sales from peoplewhom used to use MTN.
The beauty of democracy, is that we can influence change by usig our pocketbooks, if we manage to find a way to make a good living first. Good economics changes all.
Re: The Mess Of The Gsm Operators by cabali(m): 9:35pm On Feb 24, 2006
All true but has anyone asked Obasanjo why he cant provide steady electricity so they dont spend millions providing elrctricity in their base station themselves, why do u think the government cant really put a clip on them huh?
Re: The Mess Of The Gsm Operators by dividend06(m): 9:45am On Mar 01, 2006
the telecooms sector ahs come a long way, the companies who paid $200 million + took a risk, but a lot of people have seen that indeed NITEL kept the country under bondage, and made mobile phones a LUXURY !

has the next phase of Bidding starts, economics & competition will bring prices down------at least GLO forced the market to offer PER SECOND, they all said it was not possible , trying to Re-coup their investment first ,

The same deregulation will happen in Power -- ObJ has noted that goverment cannot offer any role in BUisness and has failed since independence, once the Govt opens up the sector -- now divided in 3 parts , all man go get option to wh company go supply en light , smiley

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Upload My Sagemmyx7 Pics To A Pc? / When Are We Going To Have A Uniform Phone Number To Call The Police Everywhere? / Zain Free Call On Tru Talk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.