Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life (1646 Views)

Deadly Virus: ‘devil Has Succeeded & My Daughter Has Entered Cult’ — Parent Crie / Those Who Succeeded In The Just Concluded Seplat Jv Scholarship- Let's Meet / "How I Succeeded": Chinecherem Cynthia Who Had All 9As In WAEC Reveals (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by definitelyME(m): 12:45pm On Jan 01, 2022
In my jamb I wrote four subjects ( maths, english physics and geography)...all the universities in lagos require I do chemistry in jamb before I can be considered for admission to study computer science, but I did not do chemistry in jamb because I had no plans of studying in lagos, I initially wanted to go to anambra to study because mehn, I need my space from my dad. He can be a really toxic person at times, always wants to be interfering in my life all the time, a 21 year old guy for that matter ( will be 21 this year June)...

I was already warning my dad before hand that this thing would not work because of my subject combination in jamb but he just doesn't care whatever I have to say, just like he always does. If you complain, he will say he is the one paying the school fees after all.. He even went as far as paying 200k to one man like that to lobby the thing, just to make sure I study my computer science in lagos(LASU) to be precise.. He didn't even tell me he paid such amount for such thing at first, if not for my mom who I managed to find out from...( Right away, I knew that money was gone and wasted for no reason, that man just scammed them, but my mum refused to believe they have been scammed). Same man that can't give me 60k to buy a laptop so I can be sharpening my skills in programming, just went to dash someone 200k( because he doesn't want me to go outside and be following girls, he wants to be watching my every move) heiii God, which kind life I come like this grin..

So as things dey be now, fast-forward to yesterday, that same man they gave 200k to work everything, called to tell me that the whole thing can't work again (as if didn't know I wouldn't work, I was just listening to the rubbish he was spitting)..

He gave me three options for courses I can study in LASU with my subject combination-

MATHEMATICS
PHYSICS
TRANSPORT MANAGEMENT..

so guys, I've come to seek advice from you people especially from my elders in the house who know a thing or two, on which of those three courses will benefit me the most in future, because right now I'm just tired, frustrated, confused and what have you? I just can't afford to stay in this house another one year...I will not go down well with me or my dad at all..
Personally I'm rooting for that mathematics. Even though I hated and always failed that subject in secondary school. I believe I just wasn't serious with it and that if I really wanted to be a guru in maths, I would..and of recent too, I just started developing this sudden interest and love for the course. even before all these nonsense started happening...

So guys please advise me ohh please.. before this man make me commit suicide out of frustration....
Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by Northernblood5(m): 12:50pm On Jan 01, 2022
Non of those courses will Benefit you. Even engineering courses are useless. Go for Computer Science. Explain it to your Dad through your mum how depressed you may be after studying in University and only have option to be a Keke driver just to feed.

Back then, i studied Computer Science and i was retained after NYSC because we are needed more in this fast advancing society

8 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by definitelyME(m): 12:50pm On Jan 01, 2022
Can you guys believe this man told me that if I eventually gain admission into the university, I will have to be going to school from our own family house no matter the distance? grin no private accomodation or Lodge what so ever? Heeeii God..
Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by Northernblood5(m): 12:55pm On Jan 01, 2022
definitelyME:
Can you guys believe this man told me that if I eventually gain admission into the university, I will have to be going to school from our own family house no matter the distance? grin no private accomodation or Lodge what so ever? Heeeii God..

Are you sure that you didn't squeeze out some important facts in the whole story because you want Nairalanders to give you a smart route to bypass your dad's intelligence so that you can travel far away in the name of studies but on the actual sense, you just want freedom to mess around with friends and ladies

7 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by Tonyx5(m): 12:57pm On Jan 01, 2022
Are you the only child?
Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by definitelyME(m): 12:59pm On Jan 01, 2022
Northernblood5:

Are you sure that you didn't squeeze out some important facts in the whole story because you want Nairalanders to give you a smart route to bypass your dad's intelligence so that you can travel far away in the name of studies but on the actual sense, you just want freedom to mess around with friends and ladies
bro, are you kidding me? I no better than that abeg. At 21 years old some people are already graduates, and me I just want to gain admission..I just don't have time to joke around too much again..if it was when I was maybe 17-18, ehen, this thing way you talk na for make sense..but now, time no dey to joke at all..

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by definitelyME(m): 1:00pm On Jan 01, 2022
Tonyx5:
Are you the only child?
no. But the first of five
Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by BigDick70inch(m): 1:09pm On Jan 01, 2022
See........I take God beg u Oooo.....

Drop anything engineering or computer science.....and opt for anything medical......

Nigeria university will.....only frustrate your live with calculations........with no or lil practicals......

Most of my friends dat.......settled for computer science,engineering and law in school ain’t doing any better at the moment....,.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by blackpanthar: 1:13pm On Jan 01, 2022
definitelyME:
In my jamb I wrote four subjects ( maths, english physics and geography)...all the universities in lagos require I do chemistry in jamb before I can be considered for admission to study computer science, but I did not do chemistry in jamb because I had no plans of studying in lagos, I initially wanted to go to anambra to study because mehn, I need my space from my dad. He can be a really toxic person at times, always wants to be interfering in my life all the time, a 21 year old guy for that matter ( will be 21 this year June)...

I was already warning my dad before hand that this thing would not work because of my subject combination in jamb but he just doesn't care whatever I have to say, just like he always does. If you complain, he will say he is the one paying the school fees after all.. He even went as far as paying 200k to one man like that to lobby the thing, just to make sure I study my computer science in lagos(LASU) to be precise.. He didn't even tell me he paid such amount for such thing at first, if not for my mom who I managed to find out from...( Right away, I knew that money was gone and wasted for no reason, that man just scammed them, but my mum refused to believe they have been scammed). Same man that can't give me 60k to buy a laptop so I can be sharpening my skills in programming, just went to dash someone 200k( because he doesn't want me to go outside and be following girls, he wants to be watching my every move) heiii God, which kind life I come like this grin..

So as things dey be now, fast-forward to yesterday, that same man they gave 200k to work everything, called to tell me that the whole thing can't work again (as if didn't know I wouldn't work, I was just listening to the rubbish he was spitting)..

He gave me three options for courses I can study in LASU with my subject combination-

MATHEMATICS
PHYSICS
TRANSPORT MANAGEMENT..

so guys, I've come to seek advice from you people especially from my elders in the house who know a thing or two, on which of those three courses will benefit me the most in future, because right now I'm just tired, frustrated, confused and what have you? I just can't afford to stay in this house another one year...I will not go down well with me or my dad at all..
Personally I'm rooting for that mathematics. Even though I hated and always failed that subject in secondary school. I believe I just wasn't serious with it and that if I really wanted to be a guru in maths, I would..and of recent too, I just started developing this sudden interest and love for the course. even before all these nonsense started happening...

So guys please advise me ohh please.. before this man make me commit suicide out of frustration....

HAPPY NEW YEAR, YOUNG HERO..... Leader of tomorrow...

Your post makes me laugh alot, and I tell you, 10 years from today, you will miss all that this man is doing for you and wish someone can do it for the heavier choices of life ahead of you. SEE, YOUNG LAD, THAT MAN.... AS "UNBEARABLE AND TOXIC" as you have described him... HE LOVES YOU LIKE MAD.

IS HE NOT YOUR DAD? His genes are in you and he knows what he did when he was your age, even if he has lied to you that he was upright and always carrying first in class grin grin grin

see, the man is overly trying to protect you because HE SUSPECTS you won't be able to overcome the distractions and peer pressures of life. IT IS WISDOM, but to you right now, it is bondage. Anyway, one day you will do the same for your own daughter, who may badly want to go abroad to study and you know that abroad has no moral or cultural values like naija(even though it is fading gradually)....

See, first, I WANT YOU TO KNEEL DOWN AND THANK WHATEVER DIETY YOU SERVE, for such a father who would be ready to PAY ANYTHING to see you progress.... hmmm... many of us were left to ourselves once we were done with secondary school, some of us had no parents to train us, some of us lived with wicked relatives and hustled to finish school with first class or second class... YOU HAVE COMPLETE PARENTS... pls be grateful.

Now, at 21.... IF YOU HAVE NOT LEARNED HOW TO DO BUSINESS WITH THAT YOUR SMART PHONE AND MAKE MONEY THEN MY DEAR, YOU ARE DULL. Laptop will not help you.

AT 21? when many are independent and being the bread winner of their families... see, programming is good and I am a vast programmer myself, BUT, BUSINESS IS BETTER.. why not learn free business here on nairaland... and start with 10k OR 20K which your mum can give you or you know how to hustle and save to get it, then do good businesses like importation or VTU and buy your own laptop.

HONESTLY BRO, from everything you have written... MY CANDID BITTER ADVICE IS......... DON'T GO TO SCHOOL IF IT IS COMPUTER SCIENCE YOU WANT TO STUDY... I STUDIED IT IN UNIBEN AND IT WAS THRASH AND RUBBISH.... so dont waste your time... make money from that house and rent another place in another state and MOVE (only with their blessing and when you fully understand the BAD AND UGLY side of the independence you badly seek)

I was once like you, then I got what I wished for and I REGRETTED IT.... cos I couldn't blend to the bad ways of campus life and immoral conducts there, I started missing HOME from 100 level... but it was too late. See, youtube is there, udemy is there, coursevania, etc you can learn anything on your own... that professors in university can never teach you.

I understand you passionately want to leave the house, hmmmm the same house was your nest now you are describing it like a prison... forgetting that ONE DAY, YOU WILL BE EXACTLY or MORE INTENTIONAL THAN YOUR FATHER. Do you have a plan? I mean a plan to be better and more understanding than your dad when you are finally famous and richer like you dream to be? See, being a FATHER is more than being the one who donated sperm into a woman's womb... it has alot to do with being able to SEE FARTHER and HELP AVOID STORIES THAT TOUCH.... cos las las you will come here and say it was a MISTAKE but then the DEED has been done.

Study proper computer science by taking professional courses... but if you want a different course that will take you out of the house, why not look further at their market value in the next 10 years before you choose.

Also at what age do you want to leave naija, or get married... this should also be considered from age 21, YES OOO, don't fall for that lie of the devil that YOU STILL HAVE TIME or YOU ARE YOUNG.... plan now, so you know what to choose even if your peers look at you like a fooooolll.... YOU WON'T MIND COS YOU ARE SEEING WHAT THEY CAN'T SEE....

Bro treasure what your dad is doing for you... HE SEES THE REAL YOU AND KNOWS YOUR STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES and has friends too whose children went to school and came back different... pls try and understand your good dad. NO FATHER OR MOTHER IS PERFECT, CHERISH THEM WHILE THEY ARE STILL ALIVE..... dont be ungrateful.

IF YOU HAD YOUR OWN MONEY, YOU WOULD NOT BE IN THIS QUAGMIRE.... HE WHO PAYS THE BILLS DICTATES THINGS... LEARN NOW AND GET CRAZY THIS 2022 TO EARN AND BE INDEPENDENT. MONEY IS A LANGUAGE THAT EVEN THE DEAF CAN HEAR AND THE BLIND CAN SEE

Stay strong lil bro.

6 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by definitelyME(m): 1:18pm On Jan 01, 2022
blackpanthar:

Your post makes me laugh alot, and I tell you, 10 years from today, you will miss all that this man is doing for you and wish someone can do it for the heavier choices of life ahead of you. SEE, YOUNG LAD, THAT MAN.... AS "UNBEARABLE AND TOXIC" as you have described him... HE LOVES YOU LIKE MAD.

IS HE NOT YOUR DAD? His genes are in you and he knows what he did when he was your age, even if he has lied to you that he was upright and always carrying first in class grin grin grin

see, the man is overly trying to protect you because HE SUSPECTS you won't be able to overcome the distractions and peer pressures of life. IT IS WISDOM, but to you right now, it is bondage. Anyway, one day you will do the same for your own daughter, who may badly want to go abroad to study and you know that abroad has no moral or cultural values like naija(even though it is fading gradually)....

See, first, I WANT YOU TO KNEEL DOWN AND THANK WHATEVER DIETY YOU SERVE, for such a father who would be ready to PAY ANYTHING to see you progress.... hmmm... many of us were left to ourselves once we were done with secondary school, some of us had no parents to train us, some of us lived with wicked relatives and hustled to finish school with first class or second class... YOU HAVE COMPLETE PARENTS... pls be grateful.

Now, at 21.... IF YOU HAVE NOT LEARNED HOW TO DO BUSINESS WITH THAT YOUR SMART PHONE AND MAKE MONEY THEN MY DEAR, YOU ARE DULL. Laptop will not help you.

AT 21? when many are independent and being the bread winner of their families... see, programming is good and I am a vast programmer myself, BUT, BUSINESS IS BETTER.. why not learn free business here on nairaland... and start with 10k OR 20K which your mum can give you or you know how to hustle and save to get it, then do good businesses like importation or VTU and buy your own laptop.

HONESTLY BRO, from everything you have written... MY CANDID BITTER ADVICE IS......... DON'T GO TO SCHOOL IF IT IS COMPUTER SCIENCE YOU WANT TO STUDY... I STUDIED IT IN UNIBEN AND IT WAS THRASH AND RUBBISH.... so dont waste your time... make money from that house and rent another place in another state and MOVE (only with their blessing and when you fully understand the BAD AND UGLY side of the independence you badly seek)

I was once like you, then I got what I wished for and I REGRETTED IT.... cos I couldn't blend to the bad ways of campus life and immoral conducts there, I started missing HOME from 100 level... but it was too late. See, youtube is there, udemy is there, coursevania, etc you can learn anything on your own... that professors in university can never teach you.

I understand you passionately want to leave the house, hmmmm the same house was your nest now you are describing it like a prison... forgetting that ONE DAY, YOU WILL BE EXACTLY or MORE INTENTIONAL THAN YOUR FATHER. Do you have a plan? I mean a plan to be better and more understanding than your dad when you are finally famous and richer like you dream to be? See, being a FATHER is more than being the one who donated sperm into a woman's womb... it has alot to do with being able to SEE FARTHER and HELP AVOID STORIES THAT TOUCH.... cos las las you will come here and say it was a MISTAKE but then the DEED has been done.

Study proper computer science by taking professional courses... but if you want a different course that will take you out of the house, why not look further at their market value in the next 10 years before you choose.

Also at what age do you want to leave naija, or get married... this should also be considered from age 21, YES OOO, don't fall for that lie of the devil that YOU STILL HAVE TIME or YOU ARE YOUNG.... plan now, so you know what to choose even if your peers look at you like a fooooolll.... YOU WON'T MIND COS YOU ARE SEEING WHAT THEY CAN'T SEE....

Bro treasure what your dad is doing for you... HE SEES THE REAL YOU AND KNOWS YOUR STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES and has friends too whose children went to school and came back different... pls try and understand your good dad. NO FATHER OR MOTHER IS PERFECT, CHERISH THEM WHILE THEY ARE STILL ALIVE..... dont be ungrateful.

IF YOU HAD YOUR OWN MONEY, YOU WOULD NOT BE IN THIS QUAGMIRE.... HE WHO PAYS THE BILLS DICTATES THINGS... LEARN NOW AND GET CRAZY THIS 2022 TO EARN AND BE INDEPENDENT. MONEY IS A LANGUAGE THAT EVEN THE DEAF CAN HEAR AND THE BLIND CAN SEE

Stay strong lil bro.

thanks man

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by Officialgarri: 1:22pm On Jan 01, 2022
All I read here is the rant of a baby who is 21 years old. These free opportunities this lovely man you describe as toxic and spoke less of might not be there for you even in a matter of months to come.

There are so many people out there praying for this kind of sponsors but all your little brain could do is come on Nairaland to speak evil of someone who is genuinely in love with you.
I hope you don't regret this.

Just grow up, you baby

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by Lastpharoah33: 1:29pm On Jan 01, 2022
blackpanthar:

Stay strong lil bro.

These courses can be purchased and studied with android phones right?

I have other questions about this online courses, can I dm?
Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by Connected1: 1:37pm On Jan 01, 2022
Nawa.

You are 21 but your brain looks 14.

Everyone who has gone through alot wants a dad like yours.

Computer Science in Nigerian University is pure trash. Na Fortran, Cobol, Intro to C and everything intro to programming them go teach you.

If you can convince him well, I suggest you enroll in an online American or other foreign university. Try University of the People, you will love it, I dropped out because of finance and came into Naija Uni but Naija Uni na Cast.

Moreover you will still be at home and learning what you want, your dad will be okay that way.

That freedom you seek if you acquire it and make wrong choices you will regret it. Right now I earn the first 6 figures a month. But I don't want to rent an apartment, I even purposely rent a place with two guys at school so that I can control myself.

If I rent a place today, I know what I can do, One girl will surely get pregnant, how many protection I fit use.

The future is Tech and the sovereign Business.

I am studying computer science too but I am going into business first because tech needs money to learn something that you can use to advance your creativity and better life.

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by blackpanthar: 3:14pm On Jan 01, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

These courses can be purchased and studied with android phones right?

I have other questions about this online courses, can I dm?

yes and as long as you can watch videos on your phone.... you can get them but practicing some of the courses may be the problem if it requires coding outside html stuff.... BUT CRYPTO COURSES, BLOCKCHAIIIIIN.... ETC are easy to learn on your phone and make money with.
Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by Lastpharoah33: 3:40pm On Jan 01, 2022
blackpanthar:

yes and as long as you can watch videos on your phone.... you can get them but practicing some of the courses may be the problem if it requires coding outside html stuff.... BUT CRYPTO COURSES, BLOCKCHAIIIIIN.... ETC are easy to learn on your phone and make money with.
Ok, thanks man.
Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by Uyi168: 7:02pm On Jan 01, 2022
which university in the east offers computer science with the subject combo of math, eng, physics and geography
Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 01, 2022
Passion is very important because if u study a course u have passion for, u would definitely give it your best

I myself did not get the opportunity to study my dream course which was civil eng

As far as your heart is happy with the course Mathematics, I suggest u study it, since Age is no longer by your side(considering naija system of education coupled with strike)

Talk to your father that he should try giving u breathing space, so u can make decisions on your own, u would also like to live of campus or in school enviroment,

So as to have a feel of school environment, socialising, to meet up with assignment, practical, classes

It would make u more relaxed and read vigorously.

Then when school is on holiday, u know u are going home to relax and cool off from academic brohaha
Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 01, 2022
definitelyME:

MATHEMATICS
PHYSICS
TRANSPORT MANAGEMENT..

First and foremost, you're a spoilt brat, a mummy boy who's yet to know what life is. I see a struggling father, but with an ungrateful child with raging hormones and an inordinate taste for freedom.

Do you know what it means to feed you, and to also pay so much attention to your academics? You don't know you're born in luxury?

Worst, you sound dumb which is obviously the reason your father is finding it hard letting go. He knows how dumb his son is, and he doesn't trust you could survive a minute out of his sight.

Do you know that many will kill to have a caring father like yours? But here you are, on a public forum, telling the world how villain your father is just because he cares so much.

They say you don't know what you have until you lose it. I hope it wouldn't be too late for you.
Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by Truvelisback(m): 8:20pm On Jan 01, 2022
Choose course/subjects that u a good at.
Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by Karleb(m): 8:50pm On Jan 01, 2022
HenryDion:

First and foremost, you're a spoilt brat, a mummy boy who's yet to know what life is. I see a struggling father, but with an ungrateful child with raging hormones and an inordinate taste for freedom.

Do you know what it means to feed you, and to also pay so much attention to your academics? You don't know you're born in luxury?

Worst, you sound dumb which is obviously the reason your father is finding it hard letting go. He knows how dumb his son is, and he doesn't trust you could survive a minute out of his sight.

Do you know that many will kill to have a caring father like yours? But here you are, on a public forum, telling the world how villain your father is just because he cares so much.

They say you don't know what you have until you lose it. I hope it wouldn't be too late for you.

grin grin

Are you the father?

Why do people always get emotional when parents are involved?

"you don't know what you have until you lose it", again! grin

C'mon! A caring Dad would listen to his child. Parents are meant to guide you not control you. Children are not toys, pets or slaves.

It's the reason a lot of children don't care about their parents once they gain financial freedom.

Guy, do what you love o. I mean, go for CSC. grin In four years time, it's gonna be you and yourself in the labor market.
Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by manga5: 9:59pm On Jan 01, 2022
Young lad, I feel your frustration and I will not be judgemental cos once upon a time, I was in your shoes. I want you to first settle in your mind that your dad loves you and wants the best for you. Secondly what ever God wants for you and have planned will come to pass if you are diligent in doing your path.
When I finished my secondary school, my dad wanted me to read Civil Engineering and also wanted me to school in FUT Minna. My desire was Electrical Engineering and Computer in ABU Zaria. Eventually my dad used his veto to change my path.
I look back today after 21 years and I am happy that God used my dad to overturn my decision. Because I ended up meeting some of the best minds in FUT minna. Today I work as a software engineer even after practicing some years as a Civil Engineer. The Civil Engineering set a foundation to where I am today.
Be rest assured that you will not miss anything. God was the one that gave you that man as a father, your path to greatness will be through the foundation he lays for you.
I hope my story makes sense to you. Happy New year

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by arthurwillia(m): 11:26pm On Jan 01, 2022
BigDick70inch:
See........I take God beg u Oooo.....

Drop anything engineering or computer science.....and opt for anything medical......

Nigeria university will.....only frustrate your live with calculations........with no or lil practicals......

Most of my friends dat.......settled for computer science,engineering and law in school ain’t doing any better at the moment....,.

Your friends don’t know what they are doing then, cause no tech guy should be wondering about now, people who don’t have tech background sef are doing well.

Me we graduate medical course sef I deyy try enter tech,
Medical course can only ease your way out of this country. It’s a messs here
Infact everything is a messs here
Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by BigDick70inch(m): 8:18am On Jan 02, 2022
arthurwillia:

Your friends don’t know what they are doing then, cause no tech guy should be wondering about now, people who don’t have tech background sef are doing well.

Me we graduate medical course sef I deyy try enter tech,
Medical course can only ease your way out of this country. It’s a messs here
Infact everything is a messs here

Oga say what u know only.......

Anybody cud be tech expert nowadays.......in those with studied irrelevant courses cud be........

Can u pls tell us exactly what part of medical aspect u studied and isn’t paving way for u??
Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by The5DME(m): 9:27am On Jan 02, 2022
All I have to say is that, you should not even think of applying for mathematics or physics, if you hated it in secondary school.

This life is really funny sha. On one hand, you have a father who's willing to do this much for you, while me doesn't even have a father who'd do half of what your dad is doing for you. Nawa sha.

Well, I also opted to school very far away from home, not because I want freedom or whatever, but just because I want to develop myself; I want to be strong mentally. Because I grew up in a home where I was "protected" a lot, and that kinda messed me up.

All I have to say to you is to follow your Dad's advise, and school in Lasu. You might not see it now, but trust me; you will later on. Because even if you wanted to, I doubt you can sponsor yourself in school.
My one cent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by Harrykn: 11:48am On Jan 02, 2022
Connected1:
Nawa.

You are 21 but your brain looks 14.

Everyone who has gone through alot wants a dad like yours.

Computer Science in Nigerian University is pure trash. Na Fortran, Cobol, Intro to C and everything intro to programming them go teach you.

If you can convince him well, I suggest you enroll in an online American or other foreign university. Try University of the People, you will love it, I dropped out because of finance and came into Naija Uni but Naija Uni na Cast.

Moreover you will still be at home and learning what you want, your dad will be okay that way.

That freedom you seek if you acquire it and make wrong choices you will regret it. Right now I earn the first 6 figures a month. But I don't want to rent an apartment, I even purposely rent a place with two guys at school so that I can control myself.

If I rent a place today, I know what I can do, One girl will surely get pregnant, how many protection I fit use.

The future is Tech and the sovereign Business.

I am studying computer science too but I am going into business first because tech needs money to learn something that you can use to advance your creativity and better life.
You’ve seen it ✅
Op is a home boy and you can’t blame him though. Made it out the gutter mean something _J.cole
Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by arthurwillia(m): 1:34am On Jan 03, 2022
BigDick70inch:

Oga say what u know only.......

Anybody cud be tech expert nowadays.......in those with studied irrelevant courses cud be........

Can u pls tell us exactly what part of medical aspect u studied and isn’t paving way for u??

I’m a physiotherapist and it’s not paying me for now hopefully soon
Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by Extortion: 11:17pm On Jan 03, 2022
Regardless bro this is too harsh...
Re: Please Advise Me, My Dad Has Succeeded In Redirecting My Life by pegix(m): 5:34am On Feb 03, 2022
HenryDion:

How you take know

He a spoilt brat? grin

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Please I Am Ready To Pay Anyone For This Service. / FUPRE Hike In Students Charges..how can we tackle this? / Fed Poly, Nekede Release 2015/2016 First Batch Merit Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.