Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,617 members, 7,955,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:10 PM

Confirmed: Suicide Bomber Kills Self And Setsoff Bombs On Police HQ ABJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confirmed: Suicide Bomber Kills Self And Setsoff Bombs On Police HQ ABJ (2368 Views)

Rivers Rerun: What Happened Today Between Wike And Amaechi At Mile 1 Police HQ / Borno: Child Suicide Bomber Kills Self, Others In Benisheikh / Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confirmed: Suicide Bomber Kills Self And Setsoff Bombs On Police HQ ABJ by 2mch(m): 3:02pm On Jun 16, 2011

http://www.saharareporters.com/sites/default/files/page_images/galleries/2011/sah%202_0.jpg?1308228983

A suspected suicide bomber has been reported dead in this morning‘s twin bomb blasts at the headquarters of the Nigeria Police Force in Abuja.

The twin blasts went off at the car park of the massive complex knwon as Louis Edet House around 10.40am on Thursday morning.

Unconfirmed reports said the bombs went off shortly after the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Hafiz Ringim, arrived at the complex.

A number of police operational vehicles were destroyed in the incident while the body of the suspected suicide bomber was charred beyond recognition.

The entire area was cordoned off while a traffic jam ensued in the area.

The twin explosions caused a pandemonium as policemen, civilian staff in the building as well as visitors, passers-by and occupants of nearby buildings fled to safety.

The spokesman of the National Emergency Management Agency, Yushau Shuaibu, said emergency response teams were swiftly mobilised to the scene of the explosion. He said in an SMS, ”NEMA has successfully cordoned off the parking lot of the police headquarters. A suspected bomber died in the incident. Many vehicles were destroyed.”

THE PUNCH will provide updates as they come.The police headquarters is a minute‘s drive from the gate of the Presidential Villa and three minute‘s drive from the National Assembly. Fear spread through Abuja immediately news of the blasts broke.

On May 29, a bomb exploded in a drinking joint in Zuba, a suburb of Abuja, leading to three deaths.

On October 1, 2010, twin explosions claimed a number of lives near the Eagle Square, Abuja, where President Goodluck Jonathan and other foreign and Nigerian dignitaries were marking the Independence Day at the Eagle Square, Abuja.

There have been a number of explosions in Maduguri, the Borno State capital in North-East Nigeria and some other cities in Northern Nigeria.

On Tuesday and Wednesday, security agents recovered explosive devices from some parts of Kaduna, the capital of Kaduna State in North-West Nigeira.

On Wednesday, there was a bomb scare in Ibadan. On June 6, while Ogun State Governor Ibikunle Amosun was delivering a speech at the inauguration of the state house of assembly, security agents discovered a bomb in a part of the complex and swiftly detonated it.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2011061616231643
Re: Confirmed: Suicide Bomber Kills Self And Setsoff Bombs On Police HQ ABJ by 2mch(m): 3:05pm On Jun 16, 2011
It has begun. Suicide bombers in Nigeria? Are people finally fed up or is this the work of a religious fanatic? shocked shocked shocked

Interesting story, i hope they find out who did this. Nigeria lacks forensic technology at their own detriment this time. I doubt Boko Haram has this kind of sophisticated weapon. Police don finally vex somebody. tongue
Re: Confirmed: Suicide Bomber Kills Self And Setsoff Bombs On Police HQ ABJ by violent(m): 3:10pm On Jun 16, 2011
At least we have water.
Re: Confirmed: Suicide Bomber Kills Self And Setsoff Bombs On Police HQ ABJ by otitokoro1: 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2011
I wish I could believe this NPF , I hope it is not an extra judicial killing method?  I hope the Bombing is not to cover up for something?  undecided undecided undecided undecided grin grin grin grin
Re: Confirmed: Suicide Bomber Kills Self And Setsoff Bombs On Police HQ ABJ by 2mch(m): 3:17pm On Jun 16, 2011
violent:

At least we have water.

shocked shocked shocked cheesy embarassed
Re: Confirmed: Suicide Bomber Kills Self And Setsoff Bombs On Police HQ ABJ by Lucifa2015: 3:57pm On Jun 16, 2011
violent:

At least we have water.

Funny S*hit grin
Re: Confirmed: Suicide Bomber Kills Self And Setsoff Bombs On Police HQ ABJ by Lucifa2015: 4:04pm On Jun 16, 2011
Abeg, wer de swegbe naija people dey, I dey wait for dem to dey start blow gramma yanfu yanfu for dis one!

BH dey sey dem no wan go skool and dem wan dem own mallam nation, una dey blow gramma, ok o! Dem no serious at all, dem just dey do shakara oloje, na wah o, Naija don pafuka!
Re: Confirmed: Suicide Bomber Kills Self And Setsoff Bombs On Police HQ ABJ by mamagee3(f): 12:17am On Jun 17, 2011
violent:

At least we have water.
grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Patrick Obahiagbon's Response To President Buhari's "I Belong To Nobody'' Speech / What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? / The Biography Of Thomas Sankara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.