Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari (26514 Views)

Falae: There Is No Provision For Zoning In Nigerian Constitution / Salihu Yakasai: No Government Can Condone Sanusi’s Criticisms – Ganduje’s Aide / PDP And APC Spokespersons Greet In Abuja After Buhari's Election Victory. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by Kuginzi: 10:51am On Jan 02, 2022
Speaks of looming ‘first-class crisis
• Descends on Bisi Akande: You are a serial liar

• ‘Contrary to claim in Akande’s book, Ajasin, Danjuma, Lar invited me into the presidential race, not IBB’

Chief Olu Falae was Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, before serving as Finance Minister under the military regime.

Later he joined the presidential race first under the Babangida regime transition and later under the Abdulsalami Abubakar programme to return Nigeria to civil rule. In this interview, Falae reacts to some claims made by a former governor of Osun State, Chief Bisi Akande, in his recently launched autobiography titled, ‘My Participations’. He also speaks on issues in the polity including insecurity and the downturn in the economy. Excerpts:

Let us start with your assessment of President Muhammadu Buhari’s seven years in the saddle and your expectations for 2022?

All Nigerians know all that it has been living under the Buhari’s regime. I don’t need to tell you. It has been a very difficult time. Security has never been as bad as this in our entire history.

Nigerians have never been this divided. In fact, we should look for another term to describe the near-war situation we are going through. When people were voting for him, the expectation from him as a General was that of an uncompromising man of discipline, that, within months, he will finish off Boko Haram and we will all live in peace but the opposite has been the case.

And everything else depends on security. You have to be alive and well to know that there is something called education; that before you can even eat and wear clothes, you have to be alive and well, and that depends on security.

Security has been in complete shambles. If a saint becomes President tomorrow, how and where is he going to start from? Is it with Boko Haram, with bandits or herdsmen? Where is he going to start from? I saw on social media that before Fulani herdsmen left Ekiti area, some boys had understudied them and they have now become graduate kidnappers. So, this is the legacy of this administration.

It has been a complete crisis. People of my age and status cannot live in their homes in any part of the North. Most of them now are hiding in Abuja, including traditional rulers. It is terrible. I know Buhari would want it to be otherwise but it is not otherwise, it is the way it is. I want to take this opportunity to thank our own governor in Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu, in the area of security, he has been fantastic; he is a true son of the land. Soon after he became governor, we had a meeting and we discussed the issue of security. I used my kidnap to illustrate the very serious situation. I didn’t know it was going to get much worse.

I pleaded with him to talk to his colleagues in the South-West to do something about the security situation, that security is fundamental to any other thing. I’m not claiming that it is because of that advice that he did what he did. But it is a historical fact that we had that meeting and I made that plea. It is also a historical fact that he played a leading role in the creation of Amotekun. There was a time some of the governors appeared to be wavering and hesitant but Akeredolu was firm all the way.

And because of my appreciation of what he was doing, when the House of Assembly was having a hearing on the Amotekun law, I went there to give them political and moral support and to strengthen their backbone by saying to them that they do not need to go to Abuja to seek permission before they could give Amotekun police powers because it is inherent in anything called government elected by the people, whether at the local level, state-level or national level or regional level; any organisation elected by the people and called government has an inherent power invested by the votes of the people to make laws that will be valid and to implement them.

In the colonial period and the post-independence period, the regional government has forestry laws that enabled forestry officers to arrest anybody felling logs illegally and also enable them to prosecute those people either directly by themselves or by sending them to the Ministry of Justice.

In other words, in that law was evidence that the regional government, the state government has always had the power of arrest through the forestry officers and prosecution through the state Ministry of Justice. So, it is the same state government. Whether you want to use that power now for Amotekun, just create it and pass it. It is already being used from the colonial period. I told them this and I believed that helped to clarify the situation.

Trainees

Akeredolu was also the first to commission the first batch of Amotekun trainees. Again, to show my support for his effort I was present at the passing out parade. And then again, when they were going to pass the Anti-Open Grazing Law, they sent the draft to me, they passed it. Although Miyetti Allah and herdsmen boasted that they will not obey the law, that they are Nigerians and Ondo State is part of Nigeria, that they have every right to do what they like. Since the law was passed, I have not seen a single cattle or Fulani from here to my farm.

They have disappeared. Let them come back and break the law and enforcement agents will arrest them, take them to court and send them to prison. So, I think Governor Akeredolu has done very good work. And the security he is enforcing in the state capital right now encourages people to relax during this New Year period.

Political gladiators are rolling up their sleeves ahead of the 2023 general elections. What’s your advice to these players?

My advice is that no election should be conducted until and unless some fundamental amendments are made. I’m not saying that they should do the full restructuring that I have been advocating but a few fundamental amendments, particularly in the area of security and how elections are conducted and result transmitted.

My take is that whatever election is conducted, the way things are if they are allowed to continue till 2023, cannot be credible, may not even be possible physically. You remember when they were going to conduct the Anambra governorship election, how many troops and policemen were posted there? Can you send that level of policemen and soldiers to all the 36 states, voting on the same date? The answer is no.

Military situation
In any case, an election is held under such a military situation, is that credible? Is that free? Is that democratic? In my view, no credible election or transparent election can be held the way things are in Nigeria as of today. If you go to Zamfara, people are being kidnapped every day. 120 people were slaughtered in Sokoto State.

People coming from Abuja to Kaduna are not safe. Someone told me that no credible election can be conducted in at least 23 states as of today. If the present trend continues, it may be in 30 states. I’m hoping that elections will be peaceful in the South-West which has always been the most peaceful part of Nigeria.

All types of historic, cultural and spiritual reasons are for that, but that is the fact. If there is a problem in the North, they come here, problem in the East, they come here. So, if elections are not possible in 30 states out of 36, what are they gladiators after?

With about 17 months to the exit of the Buhari administration, do you think the President is capable of changing the fortune of the country?

With God, all things are possible. If God decides to take over President Buhari and his administration and use him and others to revive and revamp Nigeria, God can still do so. Nothing is impossible.

Are you then saying that Nigerians shouldn’t be concerned about power shift come 2023?

We should be concerned about where power should go as an objective person, whether it should be through the election in an unstructured Nigeria. But that is my own perception. It may well happen; God is in charge of the whole universe. I believe that all the changes and restructuring people have been advocating these many years, I have always believed that it will not happen until and unless and except there is a crisis when the question will be where do we go from here? A crisis can come in the next 12 to 15 months if two things happen.

One of them is sure to happen; the second one is what we don’t know. But if the second one happens, then we will have a crisis that will force us to rethink Nigeria. What are the two things? First, if and when the tenure of the current President comes to an end, we know that it will come to an end, we know the date. It is not a prayer or wish. May 29, 2023, that, by God’s grace, will happen. That is the first condition.

The second condition is that if the first situation does not permit the election of a replacement President, then the old President is gone, a new one cannot be elected, a first-class crisis, solution to the Nigerian problem. At that point, every section of Nigeria will be free to say there is no more Federal Government. That is my view. What is the probability of that happening? One of the two conditions will happen.

I have not heard that Buhari wants a third term. I hope there is no attempt to impose a third term on us. So, the first condition will happen, it is more likely to happen. The second one is not unlikely, it will happen. Then if the two happen together, that is when restructuring is automatic. If there is no government in Abuja and there is a government in Ondo State, Kano State and other states, that is the government.

Let’s talk about the many agitations across the country especially in the South-West and South-East. Do they portend danger for the 2023 general elections?

Self-determination is a movement that force cannot stop. In my book, I addressed it and I gave copies to the Federal Government but they won’t read it. I said in that book that since the collapse of international communism, the collapse of the Berlin wall and the disintegration of the Soviet Union, a new thing has become a dominant force in international relations and that is ethnic self-determination.

Exemplify for example in Europe by the Bosnia/Herzegovina war in the very heart of Europe. That area of Europe is called the Balkans. That was the centre point of the Roman Empire. But in the course of history, they broke into smaller pieces.

The 19th century was the period that brought smaller entities to create larger entities in Europe because of the competition for colonialism and access to raw materials in the colonies. That was how Germany evolved under Bismarck. It was Bismarck and others who brought various German principalities together in Germany. It was the age of aggregation.

Smaller entities were coming together to be able to compete for colonies and raw materials because the industrial revolution was taking place in Europe. But since then, with the collapse of communism, those smaller entities have been agitating for self-identity especially in the Balkans.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/there-may-be-no-govt-in-abuja-after-buhari-falae/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by vanbonattel: 10:53am On Jan 02, 2022
When jubril will be unmasked.

It will happen like a joke, he will go for yet another medical vacation in London, and they will announce his death which happened6 years ago. just around January 2023.

They will exhume and return the body of the real president, and jubril will be dropped off in Sudan with a hefty payoff.

Osinbande and the yoruba nation was robbed.

84 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by helinues: 10:53am On Jan 02, 2022
His opinion actually that could be as a result of another dementia

12 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by AmazingELixir: 11:07am On Jan 02, 2022
cool

Point of correction.....we don't have any in place, Nigeria is in free fall for all to see.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 02, 2022
We definitely hope so

We are already tired of this conjunction of people and an animals

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by Felabrity: 11:07am On Jan 02, 2022
Rest, nothing like crisis

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by Patrioticman007(m): 11:07am On Jan 02, 2022
Sadists abound on this land called Nigeria, imagine when the crusaders came aka colonial masters Yoruba land was fighting a civil war close to 20 years, what makes them think those clanish & tribal wars will not come up like, it happened in south Sudan ?.
Nigerians need to wake up the divide & rule tactics won't take us to the promise land.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by Felabrity: 11:08am On Jan 02, 2022
DSS fit invite you comrade sir

You are not allowed to speak bad about Buhari regime

It's called Buhicracy

13 Likes

Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by bright007(f): 11:08am On Jan 02, 2022
undecided
Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by fredoooooo: 11:08am On Jan 02, 2022
Joker
Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:08am On Jan 02, 2022
Yen yen yen

Here is our next president and vice president come 2023.

God bless our Vice President.
Our incoming President in Jesus name,
Insha Allah.

Jinjinkoku:
I just want this man as our president in 2023. May we not miss it this time.

A better Nigeria all around is all we want.
A better Nigeria all around is what we shall encounter.
Nigeria will succeed.
God bless Nigeria.

Our own @MANNABBGRILLS come 2023 be say :

Starboy and Zulum for 2023.
Jibabs2:
Osinbajo or nothing

Our own @[/b] be say : STARBOY & Zulum for 2023.

Osinbajo, The great Man.

Our own @[b]
be say : STARBOY and ZULUM all da Way.

Come 2023 BGG,
STARBOY and ZULUM we dey for una.
Whether the evil ones like it or not,
Nigeria will succeed.

Topmaike007:
I like this your combo...

Pls when will APC membership card revalidation exercise end..

I need to collect mine
Our Combo is actually a well selected great Combo to move our nation forward.
That being said,,
Chief Topmaike,
We no too know about this APC revalidation tin o.
We are not actually a card carrying member of any political party in Nigeria.
The only 2 guys we love in Naija politics are our darling Daddy and his amiable Vice.
Now, Zulum has joined the rank.
We only go to the polls on election day to cast our votes for good, honest men that meant well for the nation, no matter the party they are.
And you don't have to be a party member to do that.

But in the past one month, we have noticed how all the top big wigs and non-politicians alike are all joining APC in their various Constituencies, from Governors, to Businesses owners and Entrepreneurs.
We are looking and researching about the good ones among them already.

Serveyouright:

The best for the job so far. If only greedy men in politics will allow this combo to fly.
We sane, good, honest and hardworking Nigerians will do all in our power to make this Combo work.
That is why we all must come together.

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime

iHart:
I love this man
We Love him too.
Only fraudsters, criminals, thieves and losers in life don't like him obviously cool.
The same nuisances that do not like sane, good and honest members here.
Two time losers.

God bless our amiable Vice president Prof Yemi Osinbajo.
God bless Nigeria.

Our own @[/b] be say : [b]STARBOY and ZULUM all da Way.

Come 2023 BGG,
STARBOY and ZULUM we dey for una.
Whether the evil ones like it or not,
Nigeria will succeed.

Serveyouright:

The best for the job so far. If only greedy men in politics will allow this combo to fly.
We sane, good, honest and hardworking Nigerians will do all in our power to make this Combo work.
That is why we all must come together.

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime

PYO : Man of the people.... Sane people we mean.
Sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians. kiss

Mexzy4sho:

one can't deny that this combo would be the best to beat currently in Nigeria.
Manna, you make sense for here.
Now, clap for yasef undecided

Crucialgem:

We share the same view man, God bless you, I just hate the way people go about with always saying negative things when good news comes up about our country Nigeria. Most of you guys are the real problem we have in Nigeria
God bless you too crucial gem
You are truly a rare gem on this forum.

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 02, 2022
That's right!
Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by gambia(m): 11:09am On Jan 02, 2022
Nigeria is a failed state no comma

1 Like

Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by Guyman02: 11:09am On Jan 02, 2022
Olu Falae and Olu Obasanjo were the two key candidates in 1999 elections and Igbos voted overwhelmingly for them, today Yorubas are the only tribe in Nigeria telling Igbos to "build bridges" as if Igbos have not done that more than Yorubas by being involved in the affairs of their host communities across Nigeria from Kaura Namoda to Ogbomoso to Vandekya to Jalingo to Bida to Auchi etc

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by BleedTears: 11:09am On Jan 02, 2022
vanbonattel:
When jubril will be unmasked.

Hahaha

1 Like

Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by ZendayaColeman(f): 11:10am On Jan 02, 2022
That's what sane Southerners want

2 Likes

Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by ATEAMS: 11:10am On Jan 02, 2022
Oyyanaa
Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by Boogyman557: 11:10am On Jan 02, 2022
Holly Gram cool real matters. WTF MAN
Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 02, 2022
Doomsday political prophecy

1 Like

Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by JaskanFactor: 11:10am On Jan 02, 2022
what rubbish talk is this, there is no government there now, just a bunch of people controlling kidnappers and terrorists

1 Like

Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by idanone(m): 11:11am On Jan 02, 2022
[quote author=Kuginzi post=109010888]Speaks of looming ‘first-class crisis
• Descends on Bisi Akande: You are a serial liar

• ‘Contrary to claim in Akande’s book, Ajasin, Danjuma, Lar invited me into the presidential race, not IBB’

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/there-may-be-no-govt-in-abuja-after-buhari-falae/ God will help us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by YoungLionken(m): 11:11am On Jan 02, 2022
Super story undecided..

I think Nigeria will be a lot better this year,only if we channel and focus our energy on our local and state government..

Prof Zulum of my Borno is still building and commissioning projects despite the heavy terror crisis there! Apart from SanwoOlu of Lagos, What are your governors proud of in your respective states??

Charity begins at home!!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by TallPck1(m): 11:11am On Jan 02, 2022
Maybe by then bandits would have taken over Aso rock, just like the Taliban did to Afghanistan.

By then we go divide the country by fire by false

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 02, 2022
Make my long big and muscle black penis bend if I read this long text from beginning to finish

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by Memphis357(m): 11:12am On Jan 02, 2022
Me sef follow Charles Inojie dey beg...
I also noticed that Nairaland resident fool has started spewing his nonsense trash again. Even in 2022, he still went ahead and renewed his contract foolishness and stupidity.
Na wa for Manna....if you like add bbqgrillz, na you sabi. I sha nor call anybody name oooooo!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by Tovard(m): 11:12am On Jan 02, 2022
Make everybody get out!
Re: Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari by nairaman66(m): 11:12am On Jan 02, 2022
Most likely.., it is obviously to even zombies that Buhari has run this country to the ground!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bode George: Tinubu And Osibanjo Should Tell Nigerians How Alpha Bet Was Founded / Buhari: Tinubu Is The Right Man To Lead Nigeria / 2023: Umahi Denies Allegations Of Working Against Obi, Says Ebonyi Will Vote APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.