Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan (43832 Views)

Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan / Ladoja Finally Affirms Lekan Balogun As Next Olubadan / Crowd Welcomes Lekan Balogun, Soon-To-Be Crowned Olubadan Of Ibadanland (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by NaijaGoBetter20: 3:38pm On Jan 02, 2022
Njabarichman:
Up Senator of federal republic

The senator is he's younger brother Kola Balogun
Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by ashawopikin(m): 3:45pm On Jan 02, 2022
79 years old man
Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by Trumann: 3:45pm On Jan 02, 2022
Karlovych:
But I'm from Osun State, Yorubaland will always be my concern because I love my people.

I knew you will eventually be ashamed of being Igbo and publicly betray your parents, ancestors and generations. You are traitors and betrayal is in your blood.

1 Like

Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by Htt0: 3:47pm On Jan 02, 2022
Really
Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by Zenithpeak(m): 3:49pm On Jan 02, 2022
ThatFairGuy1:
Let's see how this event unfolds between him and Adewolu Ladoja

Adewolu Ladoja is still far behind.... No 5 to the stool.
Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by PRODUTIM1(m): 3:52pm On Jan 02, 2022
LibertyRep:
It may not be automatic.
Ladoja is also up for consideration.

Hopefully, the botched coronation of some chiefs as Obas by Ajimobi won't come back to hunt and hurt the chances of some people.

Fingers crossed.
No, it is automatic! The late Olubadan was from the Balogun line where Ladoja comes from. The next would be picked from the Otun Olubadan which is headed by Lekan Balogun

1 Like

Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by Zenithpeak(m): 3:53pm On Jan 02, 2022
4dor:

Hate it when people spread fake news. It's automatic! Promotion alternates between the military and civilian lines and it's his turn. Ibadan is the only Yoruba city where nobody fights for kingship.

Olubadan In Council !!!

There are about 34 steps to climb for you to get into the Olubadan In Council. All the members of the council are potential future Olubadans with the exception of Iyalode. To get in to the council you have to climb starting from Mogaji's either through one of the two Lines: The Civil line(Olubadan Igbimo Agba) or the military line(Balogun).

Once you are in the Council, you are already fulfilled bc you are technically a co-Olubadan. Top decisions about the City are made here.

Below is the current ranking :

Our popular Ladoja is #5, so he still has a long way to go if it is the Will of God for him to be an Olubadan. The current Olubadan still have 200 years more to reign !!! By the way, they don't kill themselves bc there is an oath to be taken. If you ever think that the man in your front will die, you are the one to die. So, just live on and let God do His wishes!!!!

1. His Imperial Majesty Oba Saliu Olasupo Akanmu Adetunji Aje Ogungunniso 1. The Olubadan of Ibadanland. He is an Oyo Alaafin aborigin.

2. High Chief Moshood Olalekan Balogun - Otun Olubadan - residence IBADAN SE LGA.

3. High Chief Akinloye Owolabi Olakunlehin - Balogun of Ibadanland - Residence IBADAN NE LGA.

4. High Chief Tajudeen Abimbola Ajibola - Otun Balogun of Ibadanland - Residence IBADAN NORTH

5. High Chief Senator Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja - Osi Olubadan -Residence IBADAN SW LGA

6. High Chief Eddy Oyewole - Asipa Olubadan - Residence IBADAN NW LGA.

7. High Chief Lateef Gbadamosi Adebimpe - Osi Balogun - Residence AKINYELE LGA

8. High Chief Abiodun Kola-Daisi - Eekerin Olubadan - Residence OLUYOLE LGA

9. High Chief Salaudeen Hamidu Ajibade - Eekarun Olubadan - Residence LAGELU LGA

VACANCY

10. Asipa Balogun - Residence ONA ARA LGA

11. Eekerin Balogun - Residence IDO LGA

12. Iyalode of Ibadanland.

Ireeeee ooooo kabiti kanka gbangba ragaji.!!!

Note: ICAN Presidency is tailored after this succession plan but the difference is that once you are in the Council, you have to ensure that you are not voted out. You must hold your ground. NBA succession is war!!!

1 Like

Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by abysirius(m): 4:09pm On Jan 02, 2022
Ladoja is the Osi Olubadan. We all know that in Ibadan to qualify to be Olubadan requires that you are either Otun or Balogun. Osi is a level before Otun Chieftaincy title.
ThatFairGuy1:
Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by Karlovych: 4:11pm On Jan 02, 2022
Trumann:

I knew you will eventually be ashamed of being Igbo and publicly betray your parents, ancestors and generations. You are traitors and betrayal is in your blood.
I'm from Osun state, our people stabbed Abiola in the back when we needed him the most in 1993 and it's a huge shame.
Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by ThatFairGuy1: 4:18pm On Jan 02, 2022
I'm not a gay Mr canceller, UNFOLLOW ME
AsampeteNwaanyi:

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.

wishing harm on nairalander
Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by ThatFairGuy1: 4:18pm On Jan 02, 2022
Militant can't be from Osun State my dear Niger Deltan
Karlovych:
I'm from Osun state, our people stabbed Abiola in the back when we needed him the most in 1993 and it's a huge shame.
Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by Trumann: 4:21pm On Jan 02, 2022
Karlovych:

That is why your fathers were beaten like pigs the other day. Stupidity and cowardice is in your DNA.

If you are from Osun State, no problem.
But if you are not from Osun, your parents will cry over you and you will run mad and be a public disgrace to your family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by ThatFairGuy1: 4:25pm On Jan 02, 2022
Thanks for the clarification
abysirius:
Ladoja is the Osi Olubadan. We all know that in Ibadan to qualify to be Olubadan requires that you are either Otun or Balogun. Osi is a level before Otun Chieftaincy title.
Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by Karlovych: 4:32pm On Jan 02, 2022
Trumann:

That is why your fathers were beaten like pigs the other day. Stupidity and cowardice is in your DNA.

If you are from Osun State, no problem.
But if you are not from Osun, your parents will cry over you and you will run mad and be a public disgrace to your family.
Arakunrin, why are you wishing evil on your fellow yoruba? This is the attitude of ours I don't like. We mine the skull of our brethren and hate each other, shame.
Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by Trumann: 4:34pm On Jan 02, 2022
Karlovych:
Arakunrin, why are you wishing evil on your fellow yoruba? This is the attitude of ours I don't like. We mine the skull of our brethren and hate each other, shame.

Your parents will borrow money to bury you if you are not Yoruba.
Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by oyejideogunjumo: 6:07pm On Jan 02, 2022
Engrduke:

I think Sen. Ladoja is the OSI or has he been promoted? So he is just next in rank to Sen. Lekan Balogun. I stand to be corrected.
YOU understand it better

1 Like

Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by gazza07(m): 6:21pm On Jan 02, 2022
Fetish people.
StreetFight:

It is strangers heads that are used for rituals. So, watch your head and that of your family
Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by adioolayi(m): 6:27pm On Jan 02, 2022
ThatFairGuy1:

Don't create any confusion..or don't confuse yourself...Even, Chief Oladoja knows the next Olubadan is Senator Balogun... Crystal clear.

Olubadan stool is not subject to any controversy...they all know the next Olubadan, if the one on seat passes on

1 Like

Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by adioolayi(m): 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2022
ThatFairGuy1:
Heard he's (osi) to the demised Oba but wanted by Oba Saliu as his successor

Olubadan cannot want/wish his own successor ....It's not a confusing hierarchical system...everyone knows the next person to the throne once Olubadan ascends the throne..No confusion anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by Iamgrey5(m): 7:16pm On Jan 02, 2022
4dor:

Hate it when people spread fake news. It's automatic! Promotion alternates between the military and civilian lines and it's his turn. Ibadan is the only Yoruba city where nobody fights for kingship.
You are the only true omo ibadan here

The title rotate between the balogun lineage and those that came through Mogaji lineage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by Pedrokush: 9:33pm On Jan 02, 2022
obinoral1179:
they are crown very old because of the way the Ascension is...
you are right
Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by wealthtrak: 10:21pm On Jan 02, 2022
Re: Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan by barcaboi(m): 11:49pm On Jan 02, 2022
ThatFairGuy1:
He’s far behind

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... / 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. / Proverbs From The Streets Of Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.