Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,196 members, 7,811,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA (26260 Views)

Modepe (Mochievous) Odele: I Would Not Address My Arrest Details Till I Am Ready / Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Released. / #EndSARS: Modupe Odele, Rinu Oduala & Mr Macaroni Linked To Atiku By David Atta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by naptu2: 2:49am On Jan 03, 2022
Nigerian lawyer and activist, Modupe "Moe" Odele (@mochievous) was one of the leaders and financiers of the End SARS protests. She represented protesters who were arrested due to the End SARS protests and helped them get bail. She is also a member of the Feminist Coalition (FEMCO) which received bitcoin donations for the protest. Some people (both protesters and government supporters) have accused FEMCO of a failure to account for all the funds that were donated.

Her bank account was frozen and she was placed on a watchlist at the end of 2020 and this prevented her from celebrating her birthday in Dubai as she had planned (her passport was seized by the Immigration Service at the airport because she was on a watchlist). The actions of the government led to an uproar on Twitter back then.

In 2021 she decided to sell her furniture and tour the world.

Yesterday morning she announced on her Twitter account that she had been arrested by the Kenyan police in Nairobi. She said that she was assaulted at her hotel and so she called the police, but when they arrived they arrested her rather than arresting the culprit.

Some of her supporters immediately tweeted at government agencies and officials like the Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and Mrs Abike Dabiri that they should help her. Some other Nigerians who have contacts in Kenya were trying to mobilise their contacts to assist her.

However, there have been disagreements among supporters of the government. Some supporters of the government claim that Modupe Odele has always criticised Nigeria and the Nigerian Government and therefore the government should not help her. They say that Femco and the United States should be the ones to assist her (they claim that she once boasted that she has dual citizenship and so nothing can happen to her).

Other supporters of the government say that the government must help her, no matter what she has done in the past, because she is a Nigerian citizen.

Some people are also happy about what has happened to her because they claim that she is a bully. They say that she is always reporting people who disagree with her to their employers and trying to get people sacked. For example, they say that she tried to get The Lazy Chef deported from Dubai just because he had a dispute with a Big Brother Naija contestant.

Moe @Mochievous

urgent: I called the Kenyan Police Service to report an assault that happened to me at my hotel & instead they have detained me illegally & conducted an unlawful search on my belongings. I’ve been detained for over 4 hours with no charge

Spring Valley Police Station

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mochievous/status/1477627101733924870

my phones are now being seized. @mayar_dollin has the history of what happened

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by naptu2: 2:49am On Jan 03, 2022
Reactions

2 Shares

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by naptu2: 2:49am On Jan 03, 2022
More reactions.

1 Share

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by naptu2: 2:50am On Jan 03, 2022
Even more reactions.

3 Shares

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by naptu2: 2:50am On Jan 03, 2022
He claims that he is an eye witness.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by naptu2: 2:51am On Jan 03, 2022
Reactions.

2 Shares

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by naptu2: 3:05am On Jan 03, 2022
End.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by Penguin2: 3:18am On Jan 03, 2022
Kenya again?

It’s like Uhuru Kenyatta has sold Kenya to Nigeria because I don’t understand this constant harassment of anti-Nigerian govt elements in that country.

First it was Nnamdi Kanu
Now, it’s Moe Odele.

But wetin dey even carry this people go Kenya?

Modified: So her visa expired since 26th of December and she dey call police. Imagine the effrontery. All these feminists and their stupidity sometimes can tire person.

Onye Ala!

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:21am On Jan 03, 2022
She should sha contact her feminist coven of witches to trend hashtag for her cool

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by Flets: 3:23am On Jan 03, 2022
One will hope that Nigerians would have learnt from their choices of naivety, docility, nepotism and tribalism for voting Buhari.

But hold your breath, another idiot worse than Buhari will be president come 2023.

The Nigerian followership is same if not worse than it’s leadership.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by louqas: 3:45am On Jan 03, 2022
The real story is out..... Mo blackmail didnt work...

Unpaid hotel bills
Overstaying of visa

Thank God say na kenya....if it had been in Nigeria she will be claiming persecution from government because of endsars.....she wont say she has refused to pay her hotel bills....

68 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by louqas: 3:48am On Jan 03, 2022
Flets:
One will hope that Nigerians would have learnt from their choices of naivety, docility, nepotism and tribalism for voting Buhari.

But hold your breath, another idiot worse than Buhari will be president come 2023.

The Nigerian followership is same if not worse than it’s leadership.

So buhari ask her to overstay her visa?
Most people that hate buhari are actually very corrupt people who needs to be forced to tow the right path....
Thank God she was arrrsted in Kenya.....if she was arrested in Nigeria folks like you will clain shes been persecuted and overlook the fact that she has refused to pay her hotel bills.

71 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by Lekan1o1: 4:00am On Jan 03, 2022
Ok nao
Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by helinues: 4:23am On Jan 03, 2022
She said that she was assaulted at her hotel and so she called the police, but when they arrived they arrested her rather than arresting the culprit

I swear karma is a bae. Which Nigeria government is this one expecting to interfere in this case, the one she was trying to bring down with charade acclaimed Lekki Massacre.

FG should rather give her Kanu's treatment and be deported to Nigeria to come and face her crime.

This is just the beginning for all the enemies of Nigeria

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by hisexcellency34: 5:56am On Jan 03, 2022
What's with Kenya and arrest of Nigerians/ Biafrans?
Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by Nobody: 5:59am On Jan 03, 2022
helinues:

I swear karma is a bae. Which Nigeria government is this one expecting to interfere in this case, the one she was trying to bring down with charade acclaimed Lekki Massacre.

FG should rather give her Kanu's treatment and be deported to Nigeria to come and face her crime.

This is just the beginning for all the enemies of Nigeria

So you don't believe in human rights and freedom of speech after all...

And you think it is okay for police and army to fire on peaceful protesters...

Okay

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by vedaxcool(m): 6:03am On Jan 03, 2022
grin grin grin she is a US citizen, why can't she call her US to save her? Why do all this dual citizens always remember Nigeria first?

I remember people insinuating she ate donations from end Sars there must be something about Kenyan and low tolerance for alleged donations thief remember how cownu ate donations money for Beerfraud!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by vedaxcool(m): 6:04am On Jan 03, 2022
louqas:

So buhari ask her to overstay her visa?
Most people that hate buhari are actually very corrupt people who needs to be forced to tow the right path....
Thank God she was arrrsted in Kenya.....if she was arrested in Nigeria folks like you will clain shes been persecuted and overlook the fact that she has refused to pay her hotel bills.

Yes they very daft, they rely on a legion of highly moronic supporters who have no purpose except bitterness and bile in life!

Her idiot supporters are insulting Kenyan Police, saying end Kenya Police, they will worsen her case. Most African countries dey beef! Nigeria.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by Lordofalmajiri(f): 6:06am On Jan 03, 2022
cool
Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by hakeem4(m): 6:07am On Jan 03, 2022
The way she said she was assaulted as if she did not commit an offence. grin That is why it is good to always listen to all sides of the story, if it was only hers' I would think she was innocent.

But Abike Dabiri should please help us bring her back home.

5 Likes

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by jericco1(m): 6:08am On Jan 03, 2022
Isn't this shameful enough?

Ordinary Kenya..

No wonder their citizens hate Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by Praktikals(m): 6:11am On Jan 03, 2022
sad
Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by Nobody: 6:13am On Jan 03, 2022
vedaxcool:

Yes they very daft, they rely on a legion of highly moronic supporters who have no purpose except bitterness and bile in life!

Her idiot supporters are insulting Kenyan Police, saying end Kenya Police, they will worsen her case. Most African countries dey beef! Nigeria.

Endsars protesters aren't perfect, but their anger, misguided though it was , was understandable

After all, the goverment of your beloved Bubu had several opportunities to prevent the protests by reforming the police.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by Naija147: 6:14am On Jan 03, 2022
These Kenya police are very stupid, in 2017 I traveled to Kenya with 3 of my friends and my younger brother, 3 missed their flight because they went to collect their yellow card, me and one of my guy left hoping others will meet us the following day. When we got to Kenya remember it’s visa on arrival as we were obtaining our visas narcotic police were waiting for us to finish so that they can adopt us.

After we got our visas and stamped in, na so dem arrest us oo, I didn’t stay calm at all, i cut chain follow dem, they search our bags if we had drugs and charms when they couldn’t find anything they said I must give them money, I told them all I have on me is $50, meanwhile 2k dey inside my nyansh they searched us for 5 hours since they didn’t find any other money on us they allowed us go.

As we stepped outside the airport another set of police accosted us again by then the 2k was already in my wallet so they took $200 and allowed us go.

The leader of the first set that adopted us said when he was invited to Nigeria in 2013 to train our Nigeria police narcotics department, at the MM International Airport he was extorted even though he identified himself and his mission they didn’t listen. He say if they called the extortion cola…

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by Boogyman557: 6:16am On Jan 03, 2022
Holly Gram cool real matters. WTF MAN
Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by Eriokanmi: 6:16am On Jan 03, 2022
Wetin una dey do for this Kenya sef
Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by TemmyT002(m): 6:16am On Jan 03, 2022
Lol.
Just look at APC supporters and BMC people. Terrible, terrible people. Laughing at someone else's misfortune like they always do.
I pity those who have them as friends and family.
The lady is terrible sometimes but she is a freaking Nigerian. But because she is in trouble, the government should not help her?
Look at that olodo talking about the APC government helping. Is that not their freaking job? Are they doing a favor?
Nigerians sha

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by Elidrisy20: 6:18am On Jan 03, 2022
Sorry you hear, come back to naija

1 Like

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by Musty112: 6:19am On Jan 03, 2022
How honorable of her to come back to her spit seeking help. Abi no be the same NG. govt that is useless to hell and not good for anything again? After stoking the fire of hatred and fostering chaos in our own dear country, now she don forget her second and most useful country to seek help from NG.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modupe (Mochievous) Odele Has Been Arrested In Kenya Over Expired VISA by Nobody: 6:19am On Jan 03, 2022
Penguin2:
Kenya again?

It’s like Uhuru Kenyatta has sold Kenya to Nigeria because I don’t understand this constant harassment of anti-Nigerian govt elements in that country.

First it was Nnamdi Kanu
Now, it’s Moe Odele.

But wetin dey even carry this people go Kenya?

Modified: So her visa expired since 26th of December and she dey call police. Imagine the effrontery. All these feminists and their stupidity sometimes can tire person.

Onye Ala!
Is this how you make a comment without reading?she was assaulted and called the police...

If she didn't call the police you sure was still gonna complain huh?

She was assaulted mister simple read to understand..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? / Prophet Emmanuel Chinonso: Why INEC Refused To Issue Okorocha Certificate / Dino Melaye Calls Smart Adeyemi His Political Wife, Says He Will Win Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.