Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? (2460 Views)

Help: How Do I Greet A Neighbor That Just Gave Birth / Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. / Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by DarkCaesar(m): 3:47am On Jan 03, 2022
Been Having bad premonitions lately(since late Nov), so I have been trying my best to reach out to people and families I have hurt but the problems here is they would not even give me the chance to do that, the girls won’t even want to talk to me and the guys, they just don’t want anything to do to me and the ones who did, some did forgive and others just won’t want to talk cos they all believe I have something underneath my sleeve that’s why I reached out(I quite understand that just texting won’t heal the past but I just want to take this off my chest cos my spirit been restless).
Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by kristonium(m): 4:06am On Jan 03, 2022
DarkCaesar:
Been Having a bad premonitions lately(since late Nov), so I have been trying my best to reach out to people and families I have hurt but the problems here is they would not even give me the chance to do that, the girls won’t even want to talk to me even and the guys, they just don’t want anything to do to me and the ones who did, some did forgive and others just won’t want to talk cos they all believe I have something underneath my sleeve that’s why I reached out(I quite understand that just texting won’t heal the past but I just want to take this off my chest cos my spirit been restless lately).

Give your life to Christ, and surrender to Him fully.

Depend on the Holy Spirit for restitution. Don't just go about restituting all that comes to your mind.

Let the Holy Spirit be your guide.

6 Likes

Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by ipobarethieves: 4:09am On Jan 03, 2022
sad

1 Like

Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by DarkCaesar(m): 4:17am On Jan 03, 2022
kristonium:

Depend on the Holy Spirit for restitution. Don't just go about restituting all that comes to your mind.

I’m a spiritual person but I don’t believe in Jesus……just need them to forgive me so even if I go to my grave, it would be with a light heart
Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by Kobojunkie: 4:31am On Jan 03, 2022
kristonium:
I am afraid you have it all wrong! undecided
23 “So, what if you are offering your gift at the altar and remember that someone has something against you?
24 Leave your gift there and go make peace with that person. Then come and offer your gift.

25 “If anyone wants to take you to court, make friends with them quickly. Try to do that before you get to the court. If you don’t, they might hand you over to the judge. And the judge will hand you over to a guard, who will throw you into jail.
26 I assure you that you will not leave there until you have paid everything you owe. - Matthew 5 vs 23 - 26
Jesus Christ, the one you claim to speak of, did say we are to seek forgiveness from those who have ought against us. undecided

1 Like

Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by yuping(m): 6:17am On Jan 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid you have it all wrong! undecided
Jesus Christ, the one you claim to speak of, did say we are to seek forgiveness from those who have ought against us. undecided
Thanks, this is a very rear view an African man quoting the Scripture right.
Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by yuping(m): 6:22am On Jan 03, 2022
kristonium:

No be so. Is not everything is Christ when you offend someone you need to show remorse no be Christ you offend.
Even when people offended Jesus by turning the Temple into Market Bros J carry stick scatter everywhere.
When you offend someone apologies sincerely don't look for a Scripture or quote to defend to defend nuisance.

1 Like

Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by Alexk2(m): 6:35am On Jan 03, 2022
kristonium:

Forget the nay sayers op. This solution is your best bet.
Even if they all forgive you without accepting Christ as your Lord and savour, you'll still not get the desired peace.

5 Likes

Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by chiommy123(f): 6:40am On Jan 03, 2022
You must have hurt them really bad that they don't want to have anything to do with you. I suggest you try to meet them in person but do not go alone
Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by Truvelisback(m): 7:01am On Jan 03, 2022
DarkCaesar:
Been Having bad premonitions lately(since late Nov), so I have been trying my best to reach out to people and families I have hurt but the problems here is they would not even give me the chance to do that, the girls won’t even want to talk to me and the guys, they just don’t want anything to do to me and the ones who did, some did forgive and others just won’t want to talk cos they all believe I have something underneath my sleeve that’s why I reached out(I quite understand that just texting won’t heal the past but I just want to take this off my chest cos my spirit been restless lately).
Take this mic, tell us what u did wrong.

1 Like

Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by DarkCaesar(m): 11:22am On Jan 03, 2022
Truvelisback:
Take this mic, tell us what u did wrong.
I have done only a few things right in my life.……Na only God fit redeem my Soul
Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by Truvelisback(m): 11:27am On Jan 03, 2022
DarkCaesar:
Say what u did that prompted them to hate u so much.

1 Like

Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by DarkCaesar(m): 11:28am On Jan 03, 2022
chiommy123:
You must have hurt them really bad that they don't want to have anything to do with you. I suggest you try to meet them in person but do not go alone
They are the ones who would not meet me in person, the ones that forgave said there is no need to meet that they have forgiven me unless I have something sinister……Im not really after meetings, just need them to know I’m sorry. Nothing more
Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by DarkCaesar(m): 11:31am On Jan 03, 2022
Truvelisback:
Say what u did that prompted them to hate u so much.
Its nothing…..:some would do worse, I’m only a pawn in some bigger people hands and you do to a pawn what you want and send it whenever you wish. That’s all I can say, don’t try probing me further
Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by Truvelisback(m): 11:39am On Jan 03, 2022
DarkCaesar:
Its nothing…..:some would do worse, I’m only a pawn in some bigger people hands and you do to a pawn what you want and send it whenever you wish. That’s all I can say, don’t try probing me further
I'm not probing u, i only want to know if i or someone else can help but ur ego won't allow u.
Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by DarkCaesar(m): 11:42am On Jan 03, 2022
Truvelisback:
I'm not probing u, i only want to know if i or someone else can help but ur ego won't allow u.
I don’t need no help Sir and I appreciate you reaching out to help….. I honestly do
Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by Kingkyle1(m): 11:49am On Jan 03, 2022
Hmmm.
Peace of mind
Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by kristonium(m): 1:28pm On Jan 03, 2022
yuping:

No be so. Is not everything is Christ when you offend someone you need to show remorse no be Christ you offend.
Even when people offended Jesus by turning the Temple into Market Bros J carry stick scatter everywhere.
When you offend someone apologies sincerely don't look for a Scripture or quote to defend to defend nuisance.

The place of the Holy Spirit is when you have complicated restitution that might implicate others

1 Like

Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by sisisioge: 1:47pm On Jan 03, 2022
Hmmmmm....it is well.

Have you seen the movie Atonement? The babe that caused her sister and lover anguish spent the rest of her life paying for it. Unfortunately, one of the people she wronged died while suffering from the anguish she caused them and the other refused to see or speak to her for the rest of her life too. All because she was young and foo.lish. Whew! It was a true life story.

Unless they forgive you with all their hearts, you will forever live with whatever anguish you caused these people. All those who knowingly look others in the eyes and hurt them thinking they are shining or could get away with it have no idea the power of restitution in the future. Everytime they try to laugh, the faces of those people will always be in their subconscious. To make matters worst, some of their victims never ever recover from the ruins. May God help us live right.

4 Likes

Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On Jan 03, 2022
kristonium:
The place of the Holy Spirit is when you have complicated restitution that might implicate others
Stop lying in God's name. Where did Jesus Christ tell you any of this? undecided
Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by Uglygurl(f): 5:36pm On Jan 03, 2022
What is it that you did abi committed that made having anything to do with you again hard for them?
Is it that bad?

Try as much as possible to show them that you have changed and earn their forgiveness. Please whatever it is, don't do it again. It shows that you really hurt them
Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by Timmi: 6:52pm On Jan 03, 2022
DarkCaesar:

And that’s why you need to give your life to God. Only the Blood of Jesus can cleanse you of all wrongs that you have done and He will do it with no condemnation. Jesus came to remove the penalty of sin, He came to remove the power of sin and to remove/wipe away the presence of sin.
Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Jan 03, 2022
Timmi:
And that’s why you need to give your life to God. Only the Blood of Jesus can cleanse you of all wrongs that you have done and He will do it with no condemnation. Jesus came to remove the penalty of sin, He came to remove the power of sin and to remove/wipe away the presence of sin.
First,the blood of Jesus Christ does no such. It does not cleanse you, a gentile, from all wrongs that you have done. undecided

Second, condemnation, as used in scripture by Jesus Christ, refers to God's curse on mankind in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22. , not emotional judgment. undecided

Third, Jesus Christ did not come to remove the penalty of sin from unbelievers. God is the one who placed that curse on mankind to begin with - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22. Instead, Jesus Christ came to save individuals from the curse . Those who believe in Him are gifted with eternal life in place of Death(dust to dust). undecided

Only those who devote their lives to living in continual submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, the Truth of God, are those who will be made free by the Truth - John 8 vs 31 - 44. . undecided

Let's try to honestly speak of these things so people understand exactly what it is they are signing up for before they commit. After all Jesus Christ said it is essential one know and count the cost before making a decision to follow Him - Luke 14 vs 22 - 28 undecided
Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by Timmi: 8:40pm On Jan 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
First,the blood of Jesus Christ does no such. It does not cleanse you, a gentile, from all wrongs that you have done. undecided

Second, condemnation, as used in scripture by Jesus Christ, refers to God's curse on mankind in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22. , not emotional judgment. undecided

Third, Jesus Christ did not come to remove the penalty of sin from unbelievers. God is the one who placed that curse on mankind to begin with - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22. Instead, Jesus Christ came to save individuals from the curse . Those who believe in Him are gifted with eternal life in place of Death(dust to dust). undecided

Only those who devote their lives to living in continual submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, the Truth of God, are those who will be made free by the Truth - John 8 vs 31 - 44. . undecided

Let's try to honestly speak of these things so people understand exactly what it is they are signing up for before they commit. After all Jesus Christ said it is essential one know and count the cost before making a decision to follow Him - Luke 14 vs 22 - 28 undecided

My friend, without the shedding of blood there will be no remission of sins. Jesus came and offer Himself as a sacrificial lamb to take away the sins of the world. For while we are yet sinners, Christ died to redeem us and reconcile us to God. God cannot behold sin and God can only behold us and look at us through the shed blood of His Son. Hence, the blood of Jesus removes the blemish of sin to give us access to God. That’s the basic foundation of our believe in the Lord as our Christ (the Savior).

For the OP, seeking forgiveness from those that he had hurt is admirable and a very welcome development but to remove the guilt that he is feeling and will continue to feel even after those people have forgiven him, he needs Christ to clear his conscience of guilt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On Jan 03, 2022
Timmi:
1. My friend, without the shedding of blood there will be no remission of sins. Jesus came and offer Himself as a sacrificial lamb to take away the sins of the world.

2. For while we are yet sinners, Christ died to redeem us and reconcile us to God.

3. God cannot behold sin and God can only behold us and look at us through the shed blood of His Son. Hence, the blood of Jesus removes the blemish of sin to give us access to God. That’s the basic foundation of our believe in the Lord as our Christ (the Savior).

4. For the OP, seeking forgiveness from those that he had hurt is admirable and a very welcome development but to remove the guilt that he is feeling and will continue to feel even after those people have forgiven him, he needs Christ to clear his conscience of guilt.
1. Jesus Christ's death on the cross was primarily to pay off the ransom owed by the Old Covenant sinners He came to save, not for us Gentiles who had no sins since you were born judged and condemned by God to die. undecided

2. You, a gentile, were an unbeliever, not a sinner, before you came to believe in Jesus Christ, so Jesus Christ couldn't have died for any any your sins. Through His resurrection however, Jesus Christ conquered Death - God's curse on mankind in Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22, and so He Redeemed us all from Death, offering us a new chance at reconciliation with God. undecided

3. Please begin to pay attention to what Jesus Christ in fact says. He never said His blood removes sin. In fact, throughout His teachings, Jesus Christ told you that His blood is instead the blood of the Covenant meant to bestow eternal life on those who drink it. It does not remove sins neither does it absolve those who drink it of sin. undecided

Jesus Christ taught instead that the only way to rid yourself of your sins is by knowing the Truth - His teachings and commandments- the Truth of God is the only power capable of freeing you from bondage to sin - John 8 vs 31 - 44. What you call the foundation of your belief is a lie, meaning you don't even know Jesus Christ, God's Truth. undecided

4. The OP says he does not believe in Jesus Christ but what he is actually doing is what Jesus Christ instructed his followers to do. Obedience, after all is the key to the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by Timmi: 8:58pm On Jan 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Jesus Christ's death on the cross was primarily to pay off the ransom owed by the Old Covenant sinners He came to save, not for us Gentiles who had no sins since you were born judged and condemned by God to die. undecided

2. You, a gentile, were an unbeliever, not a sinner, before you came to believe in Jesus Christ, so Jesus Christ couldn't have died for any any your sins. Through His resurrection however, Jesus Christ conquered Death - God's curse on mankind in Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22, and so He Redeemed us all from Death, offering us a new chance at reconciliation with God. undecided

3. Please begin to pay attention to what Jesus Christ in fact says. He never said His blood removes sin. In fact, throughout His teachings, Jesus Christ told you that His blood is instead the blood of the Covenant meant to bestow eternal life on those who drink it. It does not remove sins neither does it absolve those who drink it of sin. undecided

Jesus Christ taught instead that the only way to rid yourself of your sins is by knowing the Truth - His teachings and commandments- the Truth of God is the only power capable of freeing you from bondage to sin - John 8 vs 31 - 44. What you call the foundation of your belief is a lie, meaning you don't even know Jesus Christ, God's Truth. undecided

4. The OP says he does not believe in Jesus Christ but what he is actually doing is what Jesus Christ instructed his followers to do. Obedience, after all is the key to the Kingdom of God. undecided

Then what does this mean to you: “ “The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

1 Like

Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by ImaIma1(f): 8:59pm On Jan 03, 2022
There are some people on this forum that are just there to tackle anyone who quotes the Bible and refute and debate every Bible verse like they wrote the Bible. They just can't help themselves.

That's how my JW brethren behave.

5 Likes

Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by Timmi: 9:01pm On Jan 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:

And these “And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭9:22, 28‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by Kobojunkie: 9:10pm On Jan 03, 2022
Timmi:
And these “And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.”
The Law referenced in that verse is the Old Covenant Law of Moses, the agreement between God and those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins, the Jews. According to the Old Law, the only way to be made free from its bounds successful was to live According to the Law, and then die in righteousness, which is what Jesus Christ did. undecided

As I said, Jesus Christ's death on the cross was primarily to pay off the ransom owed by the Old Covenant sinners He came to save, not for us Gentiles who had no sins since you were born judged and condemned by God to die. undecided
Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by Kobojunkie: 9:11pm On Jan 03, 2022
Timmi:
Then what does this mean to you: “ “The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:29‬ ‭KJV‬‬
The sinners of the world were the Lost sheep of Israel who Jesus Christ Himself confessed He was sent to call - Matthew 15 vs 24 - those were the ones whose sins - Old Covenant Law of Moses related sins - He came to take away and thos He did when He died on the cross, offering those who would believe in Him instead freedom from the Old Covenant and a new life in the New Covenant which is the Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by Graxie(f): 10:41pm On Jan 03, 2022
Timmi:

Are you new here? Kindly save your breathe. Happy new year.

3 Likes

Re: Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? by Vision101(m): 11:02pm On Jan 03, 2022
Any serious Christian should please ignore Kobojunkie. He creates confusion in his understanding of the scriptures and still claim right.

He dabbles into every thread. I think something must be wrong. Save your energy.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Pregnant Man Is Pregnant Again?! / Fully Nigerian Couple Have White, Blonde, Blue-eyed Baby Girl / Three Ways To Approach Any Woman You Love For Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.