Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,479 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security (29766 Views)

Police Confirm Arrest Of Hudu Yunusa-Ari, Adamawa INEC REC / Rivers Police Confirm Arrest Of Chinyere Igwe For Vote-Buying (Photos) / Lagos State Government's Statement On Attempt To Evict Residents Of Magodo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by wonder233: 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2022
You're 100% correct! One of those estate guards in chevron locked the gates to prevent me from leaving because he had an exchange of words with my passenger. I asked him do you know the implication of what you're doing? Are you staturorily empowered to detain arbitrarily? And the pompous residents of those estates came out to support their security man. When I insisted I knew my right, they tried intimimadting me. I wished that day I had the powers of the CP, I would have done exactly what he did and more.
RichDad1:
Good job. Imagine the effrontery? A whole CP (AIG) with his full details ? angry
The overzealousness of some of these estate security outfits are becoming too much.
Omole Phase 2
Magodo phase 2
Bakare Estate Agungi
Northern Foreshore
90% of estates at Chevron
Infact majority of the estates in Lagos seems to be operating a separate republic inside the Country.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by TheOgaBoss: 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2022
gabazin080:
l is it not the police that gave his company the license to operate a security outfit. you stopped a CP even after introducing himself. what effrontery
I don't know the nature of the estate, but if the estate is a private property including all roads leading in, then they have the right to do so because it is a private property.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by drediamond(m): 2:44pm On Jan 03, 2022
SolomonGrundy:
Are you trying to tell me that if the police commissioner comes to my house unannounced, I should embrace him with open arms?

Yes, embrace him, and have a chi chat with him and then further question him what might bring him to your house. He might have some interesting information for your own safety or what you must know about certain situations that can be so important to you or anything that concerns you.

If he however wants to make any arrests, then it is within your right to question what might cause such and ask for a warrant and inform your attorney to be present. And if it's a search, then of course they would need a search warrant for that.

Because police in Naija are known for many bad unprintable behaviors does not mean we shouldn't treat every specific situation as opine by the nation's law. Law enforcement officers have the absolute right to access an estate without even informing anyone as long the officers properly identify themselves. It could be a covert mission or whatever.
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by ayindejimmy(m): 2:46pm On Jan 03, 2022
FarahAideed:
Estate guards where doing their job and he felt above the estate laws ..in most gated estate in Lagos you have to call before you are allowed in ..In Some you even need a special code before you are allowed In

This is the CP we are talking about here

If there is any crime in the estate it's the police the security will call.

You can stop the police from entering a public place. They can claim they're there on assignment
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by nnamdi640: 2:47pm On Jan 03, 2022
MuchAdo:

The scenarios are different.

A commissioner of police should never be obstructed from entering an estate - a public place.
That is how it start. When you believe you have the power to do and undo, one day that power will be abused.
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by Trumann: 2:47pm On Jan 03, 2022
yinchar:
This is way wrong

A private estate has laws, for a visitor to call the resident before access could be granted.

The CP was wrong saying police could enter any public place, the estate is not a public place it’s an estate and the use of highway to justify it being a public place even did more damage.

Moreover, a valid police warrant from a court of jurisdiction is required to enter any place.

Lmfaoooooooo

You are extremely ignorant and uneducated about how the law works.
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by ayindejimmy(m): 2:48pm On Jan 03, 2022
SolomonGrundy:
Are you trying to tell me that if the police commissioner comes to my house unannounced, I should embrace him with open arms?

You house is private. Your street is public.
To enter your house, all he needs is a warrant. For your street, he doesnt
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by Moorish: 2:48pm On Jan 03, 2022
gabazin080:
You are wrong. Go to any estate on the island, even banana island. You will see we as civilian revealing our gate pass before we are allowed to enter while all military men once you are on uniform or can identify yourself will be allowed without asking to make any calls. Ordinary magodo with their pot holes and unstable power supply is now stopping a CP. that's nonsense
Maybe you mean Magodo brooks but Magodo estate itself (shangisha) has 24hours power uninterrupted. I used to live there so I know

On the potholes.. even ikoyi and Vi get potholes
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by nnamdi640: 2:49pm On Jan 03, 2022
Akinsete19:
There is no estate protocol that should exceed foundamental human rights. Freedom of movement is one of the foundamental human right. It could have been a crime if the commissioner enter into someone private apartment with a warrant.
Why not walk straight to Ask rock without following the protocol and tell them that there is freedom of movement and see what they will do to you
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by ajl: 2:50pm On Jan 03, 2022
"The Brooks Estate is a public place and the roads leading into it are highways and as such, no one has the power to prevent police officers in uniform from entering the Estate or any such public places."

When does a private property, a private estate becomes a public place. These "Oloriburuku" law breakers have no clue about the law they are supposed to protect. Was it the Lagos State or Federal Government that constructed the roads in the estate? Too many mumu people in Nigeria. For this God forsaken evil land to move forward, the number of mumu people to sensible people need to be at a ratio of at least 2:8. But now it's at a ratio of 9:1. No hope!
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by ajl: 2:53pm On Jan 03, 2022
nnamdi640:
Why not walk straight to Ask rock without following the protocol and tell them that there is freedom of movement and see what they will do to you

See me see trouble o. They are now claiming that a private estate is a public place. Don't be surprised if the police send arm robbers to the estate in some days, and then if residents call them for help, they will ignore it or say that the residents claim that it's a private property and so they can't come because their entry is not guaranteed. I think the lawless CP didn't have permit to enter the Estate. He was only relying in self recognition. Kudos to the security guard.
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by Allisgud: 2:56pm On Jan 03, 2022
gabazin080:
don't let your hatred for the police make you sentimental.
big estates on Lagos island wont stop an ordinary police once you are on uniform not to even talk of a CP after introducing himself already
abeg just quiet and get lost,if later he was sacked for not doing the normal on the CP what would u have said,u just come hear dey speak english
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by Komu1048(m): 2:56pm On Jan 03, 2022
MuchAdo:

Are you one of the looonatics

Don’t mind that stewpid Dubai landlord, many of this estates are home to drug lords, Yahoo and many illegal business owners. That’s why dey hide in this estate cox they know police can’t have access easily. That’s why I hate all this yeyebrities that have join them to fight against the govt, claiming to be fighting for common man
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by tegrianonigltd(m): 3:02pm On Jan 03, 2022
MuchAdo:

Who made the law

Federal Government not a mere commissioner of police. There are men in that estate who can remove him as a commissioner or get him transfered, I mean MEN.
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by Allisgud: 3:07pm On Jan 03, 2022
Some humans are just hypocritical foolish in judgement,the estate create a law that anybody coming to the estate should call to confirm,if it where to be a sane country the CP is supposed to give that guard kudos that yes if u can confront me u can do it to anybody,it's ur type we need in the police
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by drediamond(m): 3:08pm On Jan 03, 2022
GhostWisperer:
no, they shouldn't stop a police in uniform who is their own official duty or investigation or arrest.

If the police is on uniform and is on private courtesy call or social visits, he must follow the protocols.

Most Nigerians are abuse magnets and that's why police treat you like shiiiit!

I don't even understand what you are trying to say here. And I don't give a crap about the Naija police, because a majority of them are corrupt to the bone and do have mental issues. But what do you mean that when on official duty or investigation, then they can enter without obstruction? However, because we know this situation to be a social visit, then they should follow protocols.

So how can two rules apply to them. Does that even sound right? What difference does it make if they can't follow protocols on an unfamiliar situation when making an arrest or investigating?

And by the way, the commissioner of police is under duty 24/7, even if he's in so-called social visit in Magodo. If there is any emergency that requires his attention, he will leave whatever he's doing to attend to such immediate security requests.

In fact. if he's on top of his wife making love, according to law, he's required to leave whatever he's doing and attend to any security emergency. So why then try to differentiate when a protocol should apply to law enforcement officers.

Please leave whatever negative sentiments you have for police officers. We know they are lawless and what not. But in this situation, law enforcement officers are not necessarily required to follow any protocols as long they have properly identified themselves not to talk about a commissioner of police delayed for 30 mins. Na so we hate our law enforcement reach? They are the ones these estates will call when the need for an emergency security situation arrives.

If we truly want a better Naija, let's try not to contemplate issues and deal with issues in isolation.
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by drediamond(m): 3:22pm On Jan 03, 2022
Trumann:

Lmfaoooooooo

You are extremely ignorant and uneducated about how the law works.

No need to be subtle insulting tho, even what you said is not really an insult.

But, I think everyone is ignorant at a certain point about some situation or issues until it revealed to them the things they don't know about. For that fellow to equate law enforcement officers to just a visitor in a situation of accessing a place is just something to behold.
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by Kelad0700: 3:26pm On Jan 03, 2022
Estate guard dey form boss for gate.. if na one general for army wan enter nko, Dem go deny am abi
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by pafo(m): 3:34pm On Jan 03, 2022
Omooba77:

Impunity of highest order; they can not deny overwhelming video evidences.....

CP Hakeem Odumosu who was recently promoted to the enviable rank of Assistant Inspector-General of Police due to his hard work and commitment to duty, visited the public Estate yesterday,1st January, 2022 to meet a strategic partner at a function after going round, visiting some places in the state to ensure safety of Lagosians.
Please is this arrogant part of the statement necessary...
[/b]Can I enter his office in Ikeja, without invitation and his security details will alow....[b]

Every Estate have numbers to call or you call your host and you will be cleared.....

I'm not supporting anyone as I dont know what happened exactly but there is something called a security clearance and you my friend are level 0. You cannot but the governor of thr state can and will.
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by Kurukuru: 3:36pm On Jan 03, 2022
Although I have my own reservation for the CP and the Police, but it is improper and unprofessional to disallow a Police Officer from accessing a facility talk less of a Police Commissioner. I was once a security guard in the United States, it was in our code of conduct that we should always allow the Police access to the facility we were guarding. To become a security guard here, you must undergo a training and pass their exam to get a license. With this procedure, you know your boundary, you know how to relate to people courteously, and you know the criminal laws. You also know what the fundamental human rights are and your limits in discharging your duty. This is also applicable to the Police in their recruitment. It you breach any of this codes and ethics, you risk losing your license. But in Nigeria, no regulation, no discipline and no professionalism.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by Sleekfingers: 3:43pm On Jan 03, 2022
Jostoman:
You were not invited to an event and you want to enter there by force just because you are a CP. Oga CP release those security guard because they are doing their job and stop abusing your power.

And you think the CP will go to an uninvited function?
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by drediamond(m): 3:44pm On Jan 03, 2022
Kurukuru:
Although I have my own reservation for the CP and the Police, but it is improper and unprofessional to disallow a Police Officer from accessing a facility talk less of a Police Commissioner. I was once a security guard in the United States, it was in our code of conduct that we should always allow the Police access to the facility we were guarding. To become a security guard here, you must undergo a training and pass their exam to get a license. With this procedure, you know your boundary, you know how to relate to people courteously, and you know the criminal laws. You also know what the fundamental human rights are and your limits in discharging your duty. This is also applicable to the Police in their recruitment. It you breach any of this codes and ethics, you risk losing your license. But in Nigeria, no regulation, no discipline and no professionalism.

Thank you so much for this. This just sums up what's in my head on this issue.

This is Naija where sentiments reign high here — not following or no regulation or discipline or any stint of professionalism. We judge things based on our pre-conception minds about issues, not what is right in that specific situation.

That's everyone is lawless, plus the government to the citizens and the so-called officers that supposed to enforce laws.
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by samdaisi: 3:46pm On Jan 03, 2022
[quote]I said they residents will beg ..

Is Tinubu Lagos ... all his associates are lords in Lagos

Imagine what will happen if Tinubu becomes President

.. and the security men where doing their job .. no hope for common man Walai.

Tinubu never promoted his wife to chief judge that one one can only happen in tyranny government of PDP
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by t2luv1: 3:49pm On Jan 03, 2022
MuchAdo:
The estate security guards should not only be arrested, they should be flogged silly!

How dare you stop the commissioner of police from entering an estate after having properly identified himself

Who gave them the licence to operate in the first instance

Anybody supporting the estate security guards is a loooonatic!

Wow. Going by your logic so if a CP shows up at anyone's residence and he or she has properly identified him or herself. The CP has the right of entry. I am glad I don't live in that country. Where I reside, If you make a U-Turn on my designated property without my approval, I have my full constitution-given right to defend my property by any means necessary including shooting.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by MuchAdo: 3:52pm On Jan 03, 2022
t2luv1:

Wow. Going by your logic so if a CP shows up at anyone's residence and he or she has properly identified him or herself. The CP has the right of entry. I am glad I don't live in that country. Where I reside if you make a U-Turn on my designated property I have my full constitution-given right to defend my property by any means necessary including shooting.

Your house gate is not the same as an estate gate.

Think!
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by debetmx(m): 3:53pm On Jan 03, 2022
I used to think Hakeem Odumosu was one of Nigeria's professional officers. So what should i be expecting from a corporal?

Please play me Fela's power show.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by MuchAdo: 3:53pm On Jan 03, 2022
tegrianonigltd:

Federal Government not a mere commissioner of police. There are men in that estate who can remove him as a commissioner or get him transfered, I mean MEN.

FG made estate laws Then why do we have the constitution

Who are the MEN They should free the guards nah

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by MuchAdo: 3:55pm On Jan 03, 2022
Komu1048:

Don’t mind that stewpid Dubai landlord, many of this estates are home to drug lords, Yahoo and many illegal business owners. That’s why dey hide in this estate cox they know police can’t have access easily. That’s why I hate all this yeyebrities that have join them to fight against the govt, claiming to be fighting for common man

As in ehn, the matter tire me. The CP and entourage properly identified himself and yet you deny him access

What effrontery!
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by MuchAdo: 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2022
nnamdi640:
That is how it start. When you believe you have the power to do and undo, one day that power will be abused.

No do and undo is happening here.

How can you obstruct the CP from entering a public place??!
Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by tegrianonigltd(m): 3:57pm On Jan 03, 2022
MuchAdo:

FG made estate laws. Then why do we have the constitution

Who are the MEN They should free the guards nah

Nonsense!

Estate made their laws, enshrined to their estate and what they want Mr Man, so as it is within the confines of democracy and human rights in the the Nigeria constitution, just like you have a gate man, you gave him an instruction not to open for anybody until they call you or he comes to ask. Even if it is the president at the gate, that is ANYBODY, if the gate man follow instructions given to him by you, then he is not wrong. Deep think not just react emotionally like every other Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Confirm Arrest Of Magodo Estate Security by tegrianonigltd(m): 3:57pm On Jan 03, 2022
MuchAdo:

Who made the law

Estate made their laws, enshrined to their estate and what they want Mr Man, so as it is within the confines of democracy and human rights in the the Nigeria constitution, just like you have a gate man, you gave him an instruction not to open for anybody until they call you or he comes to ask. Even if it is the president at the gate, that is ANYBODY, if the gate man follow instructions given to him by you, then he is not wrong. Deep think not just react emotionally like every other Nigerians

1 Like

MuchAdo:

No estate law is superior to the constitution.

It is folly to obstruct a properly identified security personnel from entering an estate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom / Enugu Attack Has Nothing To Do With Fulani - Police / Political Thugs Storm Hotel In Asaba, Beat APC Members To Coma. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.