Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Why I Don't Need Jesus. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Don't Need Jesus. (3987 Views)

I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka / 3 Reasons We Need Jesus In Our Marriages And Our Lives / Reasons You Need Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Don't Need Jesus. by sonmvayina(m): 11:01am On Jan 03, 2022
Christians believe that one needs a blood sacrifice for the forgiveness of sin and that one who does not have a blood sacrifice will die in their sins and go to hell. For Christians, the ultimate and only blood sacrifice that counts with God came in the death of Jesus. Christianity believes that if one does not accept the death of Jesus as one’s blood sacrifice, then one is condemned to an eternity enduring the punishments of hell.

In Judaism the centrality of the animal sacrifices ceased, not with the second destruction of the Temple by the Romans, but rather with the first destruction of the Temple by the Babylonians. One must keep in mind that the vast majority of Jews never returned to the Promised Land under Cyrus of Persia. They remained in Babylonia. By the time Jesus was said to have been born, eighty percent of the world’s Jewish community lived outside the Promised Land, and did not care about the cessation of animal sacrifices. When the Temple was reestablished, the Jews of Babylonia made an annual financial gift for the maintenance of the Temple and the land, but never worried that God would not forgive them their sins without a blood sacrifice (much as Jews all over the world do today). They had no such fear because the Bible makes it explicitly clear that no blood sacrifice is necessary for the forgiveness of sins. The Bible also makes it clear that an animal sacrifice is not the exclusive means of obtaining forgiveness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by Myer(m): 11:11am On Jan 03, 2022
sonmvayina:
Christians believe that one needs a blood sacrifice for the forgiveness of sin and that one who does not have a blood sacrifice will die in their sins and go to hell. For Christians, the ultimate and only blood sacrifice that counts with God came in the death of Jesus. Christianity believes that if one does not accept the death of Jesus as one’s blood sacrifice, then one is condemned to an eternity enduring the punishments of hell.

In Judaism the centrality of the animal sacrifices ceased, not with the second destruction of the Temple by the Romans, but rather with the first destruction of the Temple by the Babylonians. One must keep in mind that the vast majority of Jews never returned to the Promised Land under Cyrus of Persia. They remained in Babylonia. By the time Jesus was said to have been born, eighty percent of the world’s Jewish community lived outside the Promised Land, and did not care about the cessation of animal sacrifices. When the Temple was reestablished, the Jews of Babylonia made an annual financial gift for the maintenance of the Temple and the land, but never worried that God would not forgive them their sins without a blood sacrifice (much as Jews all over the world do today). They had no such fear because the Bible makes it explicitly clear that no blood sacrifice is necessary for the forgiveness of sins. The Bible also makes it clear that an animal sacrifice is not the exclusive means of obtaining forgiveness.

The sacrifice of Jesus Christ as you rightly said is propitiation for the sins of all mankind before God. 1 John 2:2

However what I do not understand is what you mean by not needing it.
Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:48am On Jan 03, 2022
All humans do grow old, get sick and expire.
This is not how God planned it from the beginning because He said "let us create man in our own image" {Genesis 1:26} animals don't have the thought of living forever because they live on instinct but as for humans those created in the likeness of God He (God) has put eternity into their minds!

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has even put eternity in their heart; yet mankind will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish! Ecclesiastes 3:11

So no human with sound health, youthful vigor, the good things of life and living in a peaceful atmosphere will welcome the thought of death.

That's the way God wants us to live forever.

But Adamic sin brought oldage, sickness and death. So anyone who wants to regain what God planned from the beginning only need to switch over from being Adam's descendants to that Jesus' descendants.
Adam became our father through BLOOD as we are all his biological children {Romans 5:12} so Jesus must repossess those who want to live forever with his own BLOOD {1Corinthians 15:45} by pouring out his human life (blood) to become our EVERLASTING FATHER {Isaiah 9:6} unlike Adam who transfer death to his own children Jesus' blood will give us life everlasting! John 3:16

Therefore when God's Kingdom comes whoever is not ready to obey Jesus will surely be exterminated! Luke 19:27 smiley
Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by sonmvayina(m): 1:31pm On Jan 03, 2022
Myer:

The sacrifice of Jesus Christ as you rightly said is propitiation for the sins of all mankind before God. 1 John 2:2

He is useless. He is not needed for anything.

God abhors human sacrifice. It is an abomination in his sight.

Asper the bold, when did God ask for it in the old testament?

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by Myer(m): 2:00pm On Jan 03, 2022
sonmvayina:

He is useless. He is not needed for anything.

God abhors human sacrifice. It is an abomination in his sight.

Asper the bold, when did God ask for it in the old testament?

Whether he is needed or not, I am in no place to determine.
But can you deny that he has worked for those who believe in him?
Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by sonmvayina(m): 3:13pm On Jan 04, 2022
Myer:

Whether he is needed or not, I am in no place to determine.
But can you deny that he has worked for those who believe in him?

Muslim can also say the same thing

Ogun worshippers cab also say the same thing..

But none of then have any thing to do with the creator of heaven and earth..including Jesus.

He gave us rules and commandments to keep and follow. That is only what he desires of us. The idea of worshipping a crucified jew is not of God...

God never asked for it or ordered for it

Why should I waste my time on it?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by sonmvayina(m): 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
All humans do grow old, get sick and expire.
This is not how God planned it from the beginning because He said "let us create man in our own image" {Genesis 1:26} animals don't have the thought of living forever because they live on instinct but as for humans those created in the likeness of God He (God) has put eternity into their minds!

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has even put eternity in their heart; yet mankind will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish! Ecclesiastes 3:11

So no human with sound health, youthful vigor, the good things of life and living in a peaceful atmosphere will welcome the thought of death.

That's the way God wants us to live forever.

But Adamic sin brought oldage, sickness and death. So anyone who wants to regain what God planned from the beginning only need to switch over from being Adam's descendants to that Jesus' descendants.
Adam became our father through BLOOD as we are all his biological children {Romans 5:12} so Jesus must repossess those who want to live forever with his own BLOOD {1Corinthians 15:45} by pouring out his human life (blood) to become our EVERLASTING FATHER {Isaiah 9:6} unlike Adam who transfer death to his own children Jesus' blood will give us life everlasting! John 3:16

Therefore when God's Kingdom comes whoever is not ready to obey Jesus will surely be exterminated! Luke 19:27 smiley

First and foremost MaxInDHouse, God created both life and death. Death was created to give meaning to life. Without death, life would be meaningless...trust me.
Secondly where did you get the idea of moving from Adam decendants to Jesus decendants? Whose idea I it. When did God plan this ?

When did god plan this transition?

You just following and believing whatever you like..?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by Myer(m): 3:30pm On Jan 04, 2022
sonmvayina:

Muslim can also say the same thing

Ogun worshippers cab also say the same thing..

But none of then have any thing to do with the creator of heaven and earth..including Jesus.

He gave us rules and commandments to keep and follow. That is only what he desires of us. The idea of worshipping a crucified jew is not of God...

God never asked for it or ordered for it

Why should I waste my time on it?

You're certainly right about the bolded.

This is why religion continues to stand the test of time.
Cos whatever you believe, your faith attracts.

And as long as this works, instead of understanding what it's your faith that works, you attribute this to what is taught in a religious book.

I understand you.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:34pm On Jan 04, 2022
sonmvayina:

First and foremost MaxInDHouse, God created both life and death. Death was created to give meaning to life. Without death, life would be meaningless...trust me.
Secondly where did you get the idea of moving from Adam decendants to Jesus decendants? Whose idea I it. When did God plan this ?

When did god plan this transition?

You just following and believing whatever you like..?

The highlighted really amuses me!
You just made an assertion and wanted me to TRUST you but i quoted what is written in the Bible and you're here asking where i got the idea! cheesy
Well that's the overall message of the Bible, Adam brought death (not God) and Jesus has taken death away. So when God's Kingdom comes there will be no more death! Isaiah 25:8 compare to Revelations 21:3-5

So if you're trying to mix what the Bible teach with any other sources then be prepared to start adding and subtracting from what is found written in the Bible. That's why you're not comfortable with the whole books and choosing which side to quote.
We are JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES the one and only group serving as representatives of the author of that book (Bible) whether you like it or not we have the ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE of the book so humble yourself and learn from us! smiley
Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Jan 04, 2022
Myer:

The statement in bold is wrong! undecided

Your interpretation of the content of 1 John 2 vs 2 is wrong. undecided
Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by Myer(m): 6:15pm On Jan 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The statement in bold is wrong! undecided

Your interpretation of the content of 1 John 2 vs 2 is wrong. undecided

I would expect you would have presented your case after questioning mine.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by Kobojunkie: 6:22pm On Jan 04, 2022
Myer:
I would expect you would have presented your case after questioning mine.
Questioning what case? undecided

I said the statement is wrong since it isn't the Truth as revealed by Jesus Christ Himsellf and not what John, the author of the Gospel according to John, meant. undecided
Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by Myer(m): 6:24pm On Jan 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Questioning what case? undecided

I said the statement is wrong since it isn't the Truth as revealed by Jesus Christ Himsellf and not what John, the author of the Gospel according to John, meant. undecided

Your case would be to explain why my interpretation is wrong and give your interpretation citing your biblical reference.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by elated177: 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2022
Sonmvayina, what is the name of your god?
Do you believe the creation account record in the Book of Genesis?

I am not a Christian.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by sonmvayina(m): 7:59pm On Jan 04, 2022
elated177:
Sonmvayina, what is the name of your god?
Do you believe the creation account record in the Book of Genesis?

I am not a Christian.

I believe in one indivisible, all powerful creator of heaven and earth. He has different names depending on your tribe...we igbos calls him CHUKWU.

The Genesis account is one take of several creation tale in the world. The Jewis got their own from recasting but retaining some motif from the babylonian enuma elish...we igbos just as theyorubas also have our creation myth or narrative. But in all the same elements are consistent in the creation of man. That is spirit of God + dust or mud from the earth...
Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by elated177: 10:37am On Jan 05, 2022
sonmvayina:

I believe in one indivisible, all powerful creator of heaven and earth. He has different names depending on your tribe...we igbos calls him CHUKWU.

The Genesis account is one take of several creation tale in the world. The Jewis got their own from recasting but retaining some motif from the babylonian enuma elish...we igbos just as theyorubas also have our creation myth or narrative. But in all the same elements are consistent in the creation of man. That is spirit of God + dust or mud from the earth...

Is "chukwu" a name?

It is a yes or no question, sonmvayina. Do you believe the creation story recorded in the Book of Genesis?
Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by elated177: 10:41am On Jan 05, 2022
sonmvayina:

He gave us rules and commandments to keep and follow. That is only what he desires of us.

Can you highlight these "rules and commandments"?
Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by AntiChristian: 11:31am On Jan 05, 2022
Myer:

That 1 John 2:2 was not said by Jesus himself. Jesus didn't say anywhere that he'll die for anyone's sin!

People inserted this thought in the Bible!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by AntiChristian: 11:40am On Jan 05, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Adam brought death (not God) and Jesus has taken death away. So when God's Kingdom comes there will be no more death! Isaiah 25:8 compare to Revelations 21:3-5

Sir, where did Adam brought death from? Was death created by Adam? Is death a subject of Adam or God?

And how did Jesus took death away when your book says death killed him and same death still dey kill people?

Lastly, Adam descendants means we all came from the union of Adam and Eve.

Jesus descendants really means what?
And where did Jesus himself says we need to leave being Adam's descendants and become his descendants?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:30pm On Jan 05, 2022
AntiChristian:

Sir, where did Adam brought death from? Was death created by Adam? Is death a subject of Adam or God?
According to the Bible God told Adam:
"but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die." Genesis 2:17
God just gave Adam the power over death.
Someone or something becomes your subject when you've gotten what to subdue it, and that's what God just gave Adam. So Adam subjected himself and all his descendants to death by giving his life into the hand of death over which he has the power to keep as a slave forever if he didn't eat the forbidden fruit! smiley
AntiChristian:

And how did Jesus took death away when your book says death killed him and same death still dey kill people?
Jesus took the power away from death when he laid down his perfect human soul to redeem mankind (who has been sold into slavery under death) he proved his victory when he resurrected from the death and keep on living till now. As for mankind death will be no more when it's conqueror (Jesus) comes to establish his kingdom on earth!
AntiChristian:

Lastly, Adam descendants means we all came from the union of Adam and Eve.
Jesus descendants really means what?
We are all Adam's descendants by birth but each person has the right to choose the father of our choice if we continue working hard to remain obedient to God like Jesus did then we prove to be Jesus' children, the same way all disobedient humans remains Adam's descendants. So just as Adam died forever all his descendants will die but those that have switched over to Jesus will surely be resurrected to live forever like their father Jesus!
AntiChristian:

And where did Jesus himself says we need to leave being Adam's descendants and become his descendants?

"For even the Son of man came, not to be ministered to, but to minister and to give his life as a ransom in exchange for many.” Mark 10:45

Jesus has given his perfect human soul in exchange for many who will later continue to live forever (in his name) as his own children such ones are no longer Adam's children!

So whether they're still alive or sleeping in death everlasting life is certain for all those that are willing to accept Jesus as their Master, Lord and King! John 11:23-26 compare to Philippians 2:10

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by KnownUnknown: 12:48pm On Jan 05, 2022
sonmvayina:

The slave of the Jews. How’s your Jewish landlord?
Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by sonmvayina(m): 2:25pm On Jan 05, 2022
elated177:

Can you highlight these "rules and commandments"?

It is called IFA in yoruba

It is called omenani in igbo

It is called Torah in Judaism.

Any one you can lay your hands on please do well to study.
The laws where given to guide us so we can live in peace with our selves and nature and transcends our human nature and awaken to our spiritual self..
Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by sonmvayina(m): 2:29pm On Jan 05, 2022
elated177:

Is "chukwu" a name?

It is a yes or no question, sonmvayina. Do you believe the creation story recorded in the Book of Genesis?

Chukwu is a title. It means great creator. ..
Some people has personified it based on the aspect of God they desire..

The Genesis account is one of the thousands and one creation myth on planet earth. Every culture has one. It is not meant to be believed....it is meant for knowledge...
Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by sonmvayina(m): 2:30pm On Jan 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Only Jew god created Heaven and Earth? Big deal.
Jove created Elysium and Jupiter.
Ogun created Blissville and Mars
Aphrodite created aAlkernum and Venus
Isis created the Moon
Nut created the Milky Way
Seun created Nairaland
I’m currently creating turds on my porcelain throne.

Lol...

Ignorance is a disease..

Beware of it...
Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by sonmvayina(m): 2:32pm On Jan 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

The slave of the Jews. How’s your Jewish landlord?

Lol...since our only rextbook here is the Bible. I am clearly showing why the new testament does not follow from the Jewish scriptures and the fact that they are hostile to one another. The jews owns the tanakh while the Christians owns the new testament...

Two different ideologies...
Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by KnownUnknown: 2:40pm On Jan 05, 2022
sonmvayina:

Lol...since our only rextbook here is the Bible. I am clearly showing why the new testament does not follow from the Jewish scriptures and the fact that they are hostile to one another. The jews owns the tanakh while the Christians owns the new testament...

Two different ideologies...

The New Testament follows from the Jewish Scriptures, that’s why the Christians added it to the Jewish scriptures.
Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by penplus: 3:35pm On Jan 05, 2022
Please if you have anything that have HIS print on it....

Send it to me....

I have JESUS....

And I need more of HIM...

HE's the only light I've got in this dark, dark world...

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 05, 2022
We can talk to GOD Almighty directly HE will hear us.

4 different accounts of The Resurrection of the same person in the 4 gospels and no one actually saw the resurrection take place.

Cannot believe I believed this lie for decades!

In Matthew: Mary Magdalene and the other Mary saw an angel. "Come and see the place where he lay. "He has risen""
In Luke: The women saw 2 men.
In John: [Notice there was no angel or young man. Here it was just Mary Magdalene, Peter and the other disciple]
"Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance.". "So she came running to Simon Peter and the other disciple". "Then Simon Peter came along behind him and went straight into the tomb". "The cloth was still lying in its place, separate from the linen". "Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside". "Then the disciples went back to where they were staying"

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by elated177: 5:22pm On Jan 05, 2022
sonmvayina:

Chukwu is a title. It means great creator. ..
Some people has personified it based on the aspect of God they desire..

The Genesis account is one of the thousands and one creation myth on planet earth. Every culture has one. It is not meant to be believed....it is meant for knowledge...

"Chukwu" means big god.

Are you saying that the Genesis account of creation is a myth?

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Need Jesus. by elated177: 5:26pm On Jan 05, 2022
sonmvayina:

It is called IFA in yoruba

It is called omenani in igbo

It is called Torah in Judaism.

Any one you can lay your hands on please do well to study.
The laws where given to guide us so we can live in peace with our selves and nature and transcends our human nature and awaken to our spiritual self..

I still want answer to that question. Just mention some of the rules and commandments.

You should have given some of the Omenala Igbo, since you are Igbo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Is Actually God? / See 50 Prophecies Of Apostle Suleiman 2019/2020 / Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.