Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,364 members, 7,819,312 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo (32089 Views)

27 Mourners And Traders Killed In Agatu, Benue As Herdsmen Storm Burial Ceremony / Herdsmen Storm Ekiti Forest Reserve, Destroy Multi-million Naira Maize Farm / Fulani Herdsmen Storm Akoko Palace, Threaten To Kill Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by ogododo: 5:04pm On Jan 03, 2022
There is tension in Edo state as scores of persons with some of them dressed in military uniform and suspected to be Fulani herdsman have reportedly invaded a farming community known as 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp in Ovia Northeast  Local Government  Area of Edo State and chased the villagers away.

They are also alleged to have taken over their farms, homes and properties.

Some of the villagers have run away for their lives and now taking refuge in other communities around Okada narrates their ordeal.

The armed men were said to have been chased away from the Okada area from where they ran to near Benin City.

One of the displaced farmers who incidentally is from Taraba State, Mr Mattu Alli, said:  I am short of words to explain what I witnessed, yesterday (2nd) in our community.

“I have been here for the past 20 years with my family farming. I was in my compound with my family when we started to hear the sound of guns and people running to different directions,  I saw one Benin man running towards my compound.

“I asked him where are you running to and he said herdsmen have taken over the village chasing people away from their houses.

“So I called my wife and we had to run for our lives. I did not see my children. Every one of us ran in different directions. As I speak to you now, I don’t know the whereabouts of my wife and children.

“Another thing that put fears into our minds is that one of the Fulani herdsmen pointed a gun at me and said look man we are for peace, we would only kill you, people, if you refuse to allow our cows to feed on your crops.

“The yams you people have are for our cows, the cassava and all that you have are for our cows. If you people touch our cows we will  kill everybody in this village

“For us to be safe we ran to the next community.” 

Another victim, Mr Sunday Chimen, said: “Suddenly we heard gunshots and people running, we later discovered that Fulani herdsmen with AK-47 have taken over our community and were threatening to kill us if we didn’t cooperate with them. We decided to run for our dear lives leaving our properties with our children running to an unknown place. 

“We are calling on the security agencies to come to our aid as our community is under siege.” 

When contacted, Edo State Police Command Public Relations Officer, SP kotongs Bello, said he has not been briefed on the development and promised to get back as soon as he finished speaking with the Division Police Officer in charge of the area, but was yet to do so as at press time. 

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/tension-in-edo-as-suspected-fulani-herdsmen-take-over-community/

1 Like

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by yinkus6750(m): 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2022
What is the government doing, before Edo is turned to Borno / Benue

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by CaptainAyub: 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2022
They should invite ESN grin
Fulani terrorists can only carry out hit and run attacks on the Igbo communities that have boundary with the north.
If na to occupy even one farmland, dem no fit try am again

157 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by wallex1983(m): 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2022
Show me a place where there is no tension in Nigeria...

I think someone is just bringing Edo case to the public space

10 Likes

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by BKayy: 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2022
Lol.
Buhahahaha. I know all the places listed and they are close to the Capital so let me laugh once more.
Buhahahaha. Ndị ara, Ndị ara

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by PrinceOfLagos: 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2022
Edo boys that I know are no weaklings like Ibarapa people that ran and abandoned there ancestry lands, wife and children to fulani people

But I pray peace returns

84 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by okeyglm: 5:16pm On Jan 03, 2022
cowards a foreigner came to chase out of your ancestral home you people are not ashamed. nonsense

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by BKayy: 5:16pm On Jan 03, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Edo boys that I know are no weaklings like Ibarapa people that ran and abandoned there ancestry lands, wife and children to fulani people

But I pray peace returns
Ibarapa has been renamed to Al-Iba by the Fulani long ago.
Old brown roof Ibarapa doesn't exist any more

90 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by Totilopussylick(m): 5:18pm On Jan 03, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

But I pray peace returns
Last time I checked, Edo Bois only deals in internet fraudulent activities, cultist, and polluting Italylipsrsealed

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by Zooposki(f): 5:19pm On Jan 03, 2022
okeyglm:
cowards a foreigner came to chase out of your ancestral home you people are not ashamed. nonsense

You guys are too quick to insult others. WTF is wrong with you people? I will really like to know.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by BKayy: 5:19pm On Jan 03, 2022
okeyglm:
They were unprepared and they doubted MNK.
This is one reason why I pity those that are unprepared and have no means to defend themselves in Nigeria.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by PrinceOfLagos: 5:20pm On Jan 03, 2022
BKayy:

This is one reason why I pity those that are unprepared and have no means to defend themselves in Nigeria.
Stop mentioning Kanu here

Who Kanu Epp

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 5:22pm On Jan 03, 2022
ogododo:
There is tension in Edo state as scores of persons with some of them dressed in military uniform and suspected to be Fulani herdsman have reportedly invaded a farming community known as 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp in Ovia Northeast  Local Government  Area of Edo State and chased the villagers away.

They are also alleged to have taken over their farms, homes and properties.

Some of the villagers have run away for their lives and now taking refuge in other communities around Okada narrates their ordeal.

The armed men were said to have been chased away from the Okada area from where they ran to near Benin City.

One of the displaced farmers who incidentally is from Taraba State, Mr Mattu Alli, said:  I am short of words to explain what I witnessed, yesterday (2nd) in our community.

“I have been here for the past 20 years with my family farming. I was in my compound with my family when we started to hear the sound of guns and people running to different directions,  I saw one Benin man running towards my compound.

“I asked him where are you running to and he said herdsmen have taken over the village chasing people away from their houses.

“So I called my wife and we had to run for our lives. I did not see my children. Every one of us ran in different directions. As I speak to you now, I don’t know the whereabouts of my wife and children.

“Another thing that put fears into our minds is that one of the Fulani herdsmen pointed a gun at me and said look man we are for peace, we would only kill you, people, if you refuse to allow our cows to feed on your crops.

“The yams you people have are for our cows, the cassava and all that you have are for our cows. If you people touch our cows we will  kill everybody in this village

“For us to be safe we ran to the next community.” 

Another victim, Mr Sunday Chimen, said: “Suddenly we heard gunshots and people running, we later discovered that Fulani herdsmen with AK-47 have taken over our community and were threatening to kill us if we didn’t cooperate with them. We decided to run for our dear lives leaving our properties with our children running to an unknown place. 

“We are calling on the security agencies to come to our aid as our community is under siege.” 

When contacted, Edo State Police Command Public Relations Officer, SP kotongs Bello, said he has not been briefed on the development and promised to get back as soon as he finished speaking with the Division Police Officer in charge of the area, but was yet to do so as at press time. 

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/tension-in-edo-as-suspected-fulani-herdsmen-take-over-community/

Which Nigerians and I illiteracy and stupidity tomorrow we shall go and vote for in Nigeria again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by smartasuen(m): 5:22pm On Jan 03, 2022
Upper Boys, where art thou?
Those Fulani mongrels need just a touch of your 'grace'.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by BKayy: 5:24pm On Jan 03, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Stop mentioning Kanu here

Who Kanu Epp
This was exactly the same thing the people that lost their community today said.

Even if one doubts MNK on many issues, one must acknowledge the fact that Fulani herdsmen are up to something and our ancestral lands have something to do with it.

I am against his Jewish theory which is proven to be a severe inferiority complex and his multi ethnic Biafra but I can never dismiss his Fulani invasion claims. Never, because it is exactly what made the Coupists to overthrow Tafawa Balewa regime.
Something of that magnitude is nothing to be joked with.
So Goodluck

71 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 03, 2022
Edo no b Lagos

BKayy:

If it is only you that see them in those villages and instead of you to do something, you are blackmailing online then you should be ashamed of yourself.

Since you don't believe in the potency of MNK established ESN, then do something when you see them, don't disturb us here

You Afonjas never cease to amaze me. So you believe that there will be Ndigbo in your village that you abandoned for Lagos. As enterprising as Ndigbo are?
You are faced with existential threat and you are more concerned about the Imaginary Igbo in your village.

Mtcheww... Don't go and defend your grandparents in the village, stay here and be talking nonsense.

Gibberish

Go and save villages in Enugu state first

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by okeyglm: 5:25pm On Jan 03, 2022
Zooposki:

You guys are too quick to insult others. WTF is wrong with you people? I will really like to know.
now run away, go and reclaim your land from fulani foreigners. something are not supposed to be heard in 21th. wtf a bunch of skinny im.p chased you out of father's land you got a mouth to talk. fv.ck

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by PrinceOfLagos: 5:26pm On Jan 03, 2022
BKayy:

This was exactly the same thing the people that lost their community today said.
Goodluck.

Even if one doubts MNK on many issues, one must acknowledge the fact that Fulani herdsmen is up to something and our ancestral lands have something to do with it.

I am against his Jewish theory which is proven to be a severe inferiority complex and his multi ethnic Biafra but I can never dismiss his Fulani invasion claims. Never because it is exactly what made the Coupists to overthrow Tafawa Balewa regime.
Something of that magnitude is nothing to be joked with

Una Sabi support rubbish

Kanu is a disappointment to south east people

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by Zooposki(f): 5:28pm On Jan 03, 2022
Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 03, 2022
BKayy:

Goodluck.

Even if one doubts MNK on many issues, one must acknowledge the fact that Fulani herdsmen is up to something and our ancestral lands have something to do with it.

I am against his Jewish theory which is proven to be a severe inferiority complex and his multi ethnic Biafra but I can never dismiss his Fulani invasion claims. Never because it is exactly what made the Coupists to overthrow Tafawa Balewa regime.
Something of that magnitude is nothing to be joked with
But with all this your claim you dey talk about

You go still Atikulate in 2023 grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by okeyglm: 5:34pm On Jan 03, 2022
BKayy:

MNk haven't even chased all the fulani in Igbo land. they still full Forest

5 Likes

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by BKayy: 5:34pm On Jan 03, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Una Sabi support rubbish

Kanu is a disappointment to south east people

This community as well as many communities to follow suit this year will wish that they have atleast one Kanu in their nation.

There is one thing you can never see me do despite the fact that I see so many flaws in Nnamdi Kanu and that is wishing for his destruction because like the Igbo Proverb say "egbue dike na ọgụ ụlọ..."
No matter how foolish Nnamdi Kanu might sound to some people he has the madness needed to checkmate the incoming madness from Fulani invaders.

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by NewsForYou: 5:35pm On Jan 03, 2022
Edo No Be Lagos
Why's nobody saying damn nigga on this thread? Seems these Fulani are real niggas. Swalomiir how you see am?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by BKayy: 5:36pm On Jan 03, 2022
okeyglm:
MNk haven't even chased all the fulani in Igbo land. they still full Forest
If they were still in the forests like before, then Nimbo, Uzo Uwani etc would be the ones on the news not Edo.

Even if some of them are still in Igbo forests, one thing for sure is that they are not relaxed. They know they are not wanted and something or someone is fighting to push them out. Can the same be said for other regions/nations?
Remember Ibarapa.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by PrinceOfLagos: 5:36pm On Jan 03, 2022
BKayy:

This community as well as many communities to follow suit this year will wish that they have atleast one Kanu in their nation.

There is one thing you can never see me do despite the fact that I see so many flaws in Nnamdi Kanu and that is wishing for his destruction because like the Igbo Proverb say "egbue dike na ọgụ ụlọ..."
No matter how foolish Nnamdi Kanu might sound to some people he has the madness needed to checkmate the incoming madness from Fulani invaders.

Yinmu

Which Kanu?

The Kanu that couldn't save himself ?

4 Likes

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by BKayy: 5:39pm On Jan 03, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Yinmu

Which Kanu?

The Kanu that couldn't save himself ?
He is a human. He is not immune to surprises.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by okeyglm: 5:39pm On Jan 03, 2022
BKayy:

If they were still in the forests like before, then Nimbo, Uzo Uwani etc would be the ones on the news not Edo.

Even if some of them are still in Igbo forests, one thing for sure is that they are not relaxed. They know they are not wanted and something or someone is fighting to push them out. Can the same be said for other regions/nations?
Remember Ibarapa.
come to Enugu state you will see them in villages. make una stop this propaganda that ur ESN has chased all the fulani out of igbo land . that's pure lie

8 Likes

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by NewsForYou: 5:43pm On Jan 03, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

But I pray peace returns
You don hear Fulani perform any rubbish anywhere near yorubaland in a long while? They are still terrorising igboland but they know not to bring trouble to yorubaland. Na your people cage Edo like that with the mumu Edo no be Lagos mantra. Now that you have turned them against yoruba because of hate for tinubu hope you can help them. Mind you na your people remain wey go pack commot for yorubaland, pin this comment .

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by BKayy: 5:43pm On Jan 03, 2022
okeyglm:
come to Enugu state you will see them in villages. make una stop this propaganda that ur ESN has chased all the fulani out of igbo land . that's pure lie
If it is only you that see them in those villages and instead of you to do something, you are blackmailing online then you should be ashamed of yourself.

Since you don't believe in the potency of MNK established ESN, then do something when you see them, don't disturb us here

NewsForYou:

You don hear Fulani perform any rubbish anywhere near yorubaland in a long while? They are still terrorising igboland but they know not to bring trouble to yorubaland. Na your people cage Edo like that with the mumu Edo no be Lagos mantra. Now that you have turned them against yoruba because of hate for tinubu hope you can help them. Mind you na your people remain wey go pack commot for yorubaland, pin this comment .
You Afonjas never cease to amaze me. So you believe that there will be Ndigbo in your village that you abandoned for Lagos. As enterprising as Ndigbo are?
You are faced with existential threat and you are more concerned about the Imaginary Igbo in your village.

Mtcheww... Don't go and defend your grandparents in the village, stay here and be talking nonsense.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by PrinceOfLagos: 5:46pm On Jan 03, 2022
NewsForYou:

Another pile of rubbish

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo by ayzTIGER: 5:47pm On Jan 03, 2022
CaptainAyub:
They should invite ESN grin
Fulani terrorists can only carry out hit and run attacks on the Igbo communities that have boundary with the north.
If na to occupy even one farmlands, dem no fit try am again
How easy for you to say invite ESN as if say na water dey run for their veins. Niger Delta will experience more terror activities this year and I see them setting up a security outfit like ESN. Get ready

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) / Jubilation As Hundreds Of Thousands Of PDP Faithfuls Welcome Atiku In Kaduna / Fani-Kayode Calls Amaechi 'Son Of A Palm Wine Tapper'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.