Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company (9768 Views)

My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help / How Do I Recover My NIS Recruitment Application Number. / 331,003 Job Losers Withdraw ₦116.87 Billion From Pension Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by tradepunter: 4:40pm On Jan 04, 2022
Break bottle for the PFA head
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by barristerbiodun(m): 4:42pm On Jan 04, 2022
I wouldn't judge on why you went physical with the Accountant. But please try to avoid physical altercations at any point in time henceforth.

Engage a lawyer to issue a letter of pension payment. They must respond to you because the company knows the legal implications and penalty.

Write the company and copy your PFA. Write the PFA and copy the company and copy the Pension Commission.
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by NaMe4: 4:45pm On Jan 04, 2022
CriticMaestro:

OP so they havent paid your pension contribution to your PFA or what? if thats the case i dont think they are going to give you a dime....

Why would they not remit his pension to his pfa?
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by blackboy2star(m): 4:53pm On Jan 04, 2022
Over
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by Hassanmaye(m): 5:02pm On Jan 04, 2022
sambright2012:
Good evening good people and happy new year to everyone,

Please advise me on how to recover my unpaid pension of about 385,000 from my formal company, a private company

I worked with the company for 14months,and I was fired for misconduct because I don't take any shit from any bastard, I was duely engaged with engagement letter and equally disengaged with a discontinuation letter or sack letter boldly,

For the 14months I worked with them my pension was paid only twice but the deduction of 8% from my own side was steady, when I couldn't take it anymore, I enquired why the pension is not being paid and the accountant started forming big boy I wire him slap heavily and boom I was fired, after much trouble the accountant was also fired, after all one person no dey fight, two fighting two dismisal.

I have moved on and gotten another job which this new company is also paying my pension regularly on the same RSA

I wrote the company after two months requesting for my pension and they have not responded up till now.

Please can anyone advise me on how to go about the money.i learnt late payment or non payment of persons attractions 2% interest,

Please how can I recover my pension with this people.

Thanks for your advice.
Which state do you live? Get a lawyer
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by lookingfly: 5:02pm On Jan 04, 2022
Davepal:
You don't recover pension, and beside your formal company and present company doesn't have hand or power over your pension RSA. So what should he do. I have a friend that's about leaving this country and will be glad if a solution on how he will cash out he's pension is explained.

Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by lookingfly: 5:03pm On Jan 04, 2022
eddie7:
Get a competent lawyer, let him write the company and copy PENCom. You will be credited to your RSA which you can only access when you attain age 50.... best of luck
so if someone want to japa fa....he/she can't access the pension?
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by prophetfire: 5:37pm On Jan 04, 2022
sambright2012:

Please advise me on how to recover my unpaid pension of about 385,000 from my formal company, a private company

I worked with the company for 14months,and I was fired for misconduct because I don't take any shit from any bastard, I was duely engaged with engagement letter and equally disengaged with a discontinuation letter or sack letter boldly,

For the 14months I worked with them my pension was paid only twice but the deduction of 8% from my own side was steady, when I couldn't take it anymore, I enquired why the pension is not being paid and the accountant started forming big boy I wire him slap heavily and boom I was fired, after much trouble the accountant was also fired, after all one person no dey fight, two fighting two dismisal.

I have moved on and gotten another job which this new company is also paying my pension regularly on the same RSA

I wrote the company after two months requesting for my pension and they have not responded up till now.

Please can anyone advise me on how to go about the money.i learnt late payment or non payment of persons attractions 2% interest,

Thanks for your advice.
. Simply contact the Nigerian pension commission on their website .
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by kingsass: 5:38pm On Jan 04, 2022
Write a letter to PENSION COMMISSION and visit their office at Oduduwa crescent, Ikeja GRA to complain and they will carry out a pension audit on the firm from 2005 till date.

They will make sure that all the outstanding pension owed by the company is paid.

Also contact your PFA officer.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by Springboot: 6:01pm On Jan 04, 2022
CriticMaestro:

OP so they havent paid your pension contribution to your PFA or what? if thats the case i dont think they are going to give you a dime....

I was going to give him a comprehensive advice but there's no need since you have gone straight to the point. OP forget it, I repeat forget it, since it's not with your PFA, you won't get it. Ignore anyone asking you to get a lawyer, you will be wasting time and money, I know the law the they will use against you considering the fact that you worked for only 14 months. You won't get a dime.
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by Springboot: 6:01pm On Jan 04, 2022
kingsass:
Write a letter to PENSION COMMISSION and visit their office at Oduduwa crescent, Ikeja GRA to complain and they will carry out a pension audit on the firm from 2005 till date.

They will make sure that all the outstanding pension owed by the company is paid.

Also contact your PFA officer.

Waste of time.
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by sunnyp20(m): 6:21pm On Jan 04, 2022
Even after deducting his 8percent without remitting? Do you know that in itself is fraud? Your guys always say things you aren't sure about. He would get every single penny if he writes to pencom.
Springboot:

I was going to give him a comprehensive advice but there's no need since you have gone straight to the point. OP forget it, I repeat forget it, since it's not with your PFA, you won't get it. Ignore anyone asking you to get a lawyer, you will be wasting time and money, I know the law the they will use against you considering the fact that you worked for only 14 months. You won't get a dime.
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by saintade01(m): 6:35pm On Jan 04, 2022
Legalservices:

I beg to differ on the fact he doesn’t need a lawyer. The PFA may write to his former company but a lawyer is needed to diligently follow up with the case. There are many of such cases and the case managers of the PFA’s are often overwhelmed, attaching no preference to any case file.

I would advice seek a good lawyer versatile in employment/labour matters and he or she can see your case through.

DM for more information.

Can you please reach out to me on 07041166945. I have a similar case.
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by samuel97(m): 7:19pm On Jan 04, 2022
Find a lawyer and sue them to Industrial Court and see your money like magic
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by OCHKESTINE(m): 7:41pm On Jan 04, 2022
I believe Pensions are paid to pension companies.

Your former employer has no power to withhold your pension. If they wanted to punish you they wouldn't have given you a sack letter.

Pensions can only be withdrawn when you are 50 years and above. If you are below 50 you must go with a sack and letter and some few other requirements.

From how you talk about not taking shit from anyone, try and get it fast because your character will still cause you further jobs.

Suffer never tire you!
Keep fighting and getting fired.
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by sambright2012: 7:42pm On Jan 04, 2022
Lagos state
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by Rogerss(m): 7:59pm On Jan 04, 2022
Write to National Pencom Commission and copy public complaint commission.
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by clericuzzio(m): 8:13pm On Jan 04, 2022
sambright2012:

Thanks for your advice.

If the company you worked for didn't remit your pensions on steady basis, I wonder how you could have gotten over 300k in your RSA.

You can write to your RSA to inquire if the firm actually was remiting your own pensions on steady basis. If you are using stanbic, you can check your RSA account via the app.
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by RodgersAkpafu: 8:38pm On Jan 04, 2022
sambright2012:

Thanks for your advice.

Wow shocked
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by RodgersAkpafu: 8:43pm On Jan 04, 2022
aylive02:
kiss
[/b]I worked with the company for 14months,and I was fired for misconduct because I don't take any shit from any bastard[b]

I love this line grin grin grin
God go see you through oooo
The line amused me a lot

1 Like

Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by stanisbaratheon: 8:44pm On Jan 04, 2022
sambright2012:

Thanks for your advice.

Send a mail to PENCOM reporting your former employer
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by ParagosPride: 8:46pm On Jan 04, 2022
Hi, contact me via emmydek9@gmail.com and I can assist you.

sambright2012:

Thanks for your advice.
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by stanisbaratheon: 8:53pm On Jan 04, 2022
fykes:
Brother this may seem odd but I will advise you to move on.
For young people out there listen...never get in a fight with anyone whose ever offered you a job!! It's not worth it.

@OP, when u get older, u will realise that the road to the top is littered with nonsense and only those who can stoop so low to take nonsense will last at the top.

385k will not make you a millionaire not a billionaire anytime soon and since ur current firm is remitting ur pension, I will advice you to take the positives if any from your experience and move on because you never get ahead looking back.
PS. I resigned in 2017 from a job, about 900k had not been remitted even till date to my RSA from that firm. But it's not stopped me from going on since then to become what I aspired.
I know how u feel... BUT learn the lesson and move on; that's what experiences are made for

Like you said, it is odd advise.

This is a sloppy and weak advise. OP Please disregard this advise.
So because 385k will not make him a millionaire he should let it go? This is why we have the kind of leadership we have at the moment in Aso rock. Because we don't question the status quo.

Why should I allow myself to be duped and trampled upon by my fellow man. I would fight for what is mine, even if it's just 100k.
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by RodgersAkpafu: 8:55pm On Jan 04, 2022
lookingfly:
The whole point of pension is to cater to you at old age
Not a glorified savings account you can withdraw at will
Just saying
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by RodgersAkpafu: 8:56pm On Jan 04, 2022
stanisbaratheon:

Like you said, it is odd advise.

This is a sloppy and weak advise. OP Please disregard this advise.

Why should I allow myself to be duped and trampled upon by my fellow man. I would fight for what is mine, even if it's just 100k.
What I can see here is generational gap
Younger nigerians tend to be more assertive and big on their rights
The older ones are more like endure and manage whatever till you get up there

That's what I deduced from your post and the person you quoted

1 Like

Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by sambright2012: 9:01pm On Jan 04, 2022
pension fund can be withdrawn up to 25/50 % depending on The PFA if you are out of job for a period of 4 months, but thats not my case here, 8% of salarywas deducted evry month for 14 good months without being remitted into my RSA .that's my sweat that was officiallyand legally agreed to be remitted.
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by stanisbaratheon: 9:01pm On Jan 04, 2022
RodgersAkpafu:

Well, you may be right on this one. My parents didn't train me to be a weakling.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by eddie7: 9:02pm On Jan 04, 2022
lookingfly:

Until you get to 50
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by RodgersAkpafu: 9:03pm On Jan 04, 2022
stanisbaratheon:

Well, you may be right on this one. My parents didn't train me to be a weakling.
Yea
That's good
But being tactful is also very important
Achieving the goal is the main target
Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by stanisbaratheon: 9:06pm On Jan 04, 2022
RodgersAkpafu:

Yea
That's good
But being tactful is also very important
Achieving the goal is the main target

Absolutely.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by stanisbaratheon: 9:19pm On Jan 04, 2022
I once found myself in a similar situation.

In my own situation, my employer remits my pension but I became fed up by the poor service delivery from my RSA operator. So, I asked to be swapped to a new RSA company.

I informed the RSA company of my intentions of choosing a new RSA company but they were dragging their feet in finalizing my transfer so I called my employer to stop paying my pension into that RSA account until I'm completely transferred to a new RSA company.
The delay to facilitate my transfer persisted for a while then I wrote PENCOM informing them of my situation and the reluctance of my RSA company in finalizing my transfer. After reporting the RSA company, my transfer was swiftly done.

After the transfer was done, I called my employer to remit all the backlogs of my pension money to my new RSA and they did.

OP, it's always good to stand by an ideal, be a man of principle, only then will you get the respect you deserve.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Recover My Unpaid Pension With My Former Company by fykes(m): 10:00pm On Jan 04, 2022
RodgersAkpafu:

Do u ever wonder why younger ones are not making it to positions of leadership in politics or business?
They have no honour and for today's porridge will jeopardize relationships that could be strategic and beneficial in the future.
PS. I am 31

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hydroserve Oil Service, Portharcourt / Federal University, Wukari!!! / Are You Interested In Content Writing Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.