Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,930 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University (1110 Views)

Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) / University Of Ibadan 2021/22 Undergraduate Thread / Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by PaedophileProph: 9:19am On Jan 04, 2022
Ahmadu Bello University Zaria is a federal government research university in Zaria, Kaduna State, Nigeria. ABU was founded on 4 October 1962, as the University of Northern Nigeria.
The school offers lots of courses which cut across ; physical sciences, life sciences, social sciences, arts and languages, education, environmental design, engineering, medical sciences, agricultural sciences and research consists of Accounting, Business Administration, Local Government and Development Studies and Public Administration and not just "Islamic studies"

To pay your school fees for the 2021/22 session , one of the key determinant factors you must state which help to filter your payment slip bearing unequal amount you are to pay as school fees is your Religion

I think this is very appalling for a secular country like ours , people should be allowed to attain any academic height regardless of what they believe or doesn't believe.

https://abu.edu.ng/fees-schedule/

1 Share

Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by KingAzubuike(f): 9:31am On Jan 04, 2022
If you're not comfortable with it, go to another school. It's as simple as that.

1 Like

Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by Danjikanbauchi: 11:47am On Jan 04, 2022
What a way to kill that great premier University.

Islam as a religion has never contributed anything positive to this our beautiful world

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by ijoba22(m): 11:55am On Jan 04, 2022
It's very necessary to understand the basis of an issue before insulting or trying to blackmail the institution, the religion section indicate the overall amount that will be sent to either mosque or church account for development.
As a Christian you are require to pay #500, it's just a pity you don't indicate how much you are to pay as a Muslim.
Pls don't mislead the public.

7 Likes

Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by ijoba22(m): 11:56am On Jan 04, 2022
Danjikanbauchi:
What a way to kill that great premier University.

Islam as a religion has never contributed anything positive to this our beautiful world
That is not the story

1 Like

Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by clockwise(m): 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2022
Islam Sha.
Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by PaedophileProph: 1:51pm On Jan 04, 2022
ijoba22:
the religion section indicate the overall amount that will be sent to either mosque or church account for development

You must be out of your mind , you can tell that to people you aimed to misinform.

What has mandatory religious donation or identification got to do with a research citabel of learning built to house just anyone from all works of life ?

Wtf cares about mandatory funding of Mosques or Church or whatever in the university. Do you even know where to draw the line

1 Like

Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by splendournoni: 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2022
After theg will say we are one...

That's how I went to Nepa office in jigawa just to fill a co.plaint form I was seeing a section for religion...

That's what we get when we let jihadist and all these Islamic illiterates rule us

1 Like

Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by ijoba22(m): 2:22pm On Jan 04, 2022
PaedophileProph:

You must be out of your mind , you can tell that to people you aimed to misinform.

What has mandatory religious donation or identification got to do with a research citabel of learning built to house just anyone from all works of life ?

Wtf cares about mandatory funding of Mosques or Church or whatever in the university. Do you even know where to draw the line
Misinformation
This is public space try to be civil and mature.
Who care about mandatory funding for religion should be your heading, not RELIGION as a determinants for school fees.
And besides if you don't know pay attention throughout the public institution it's demanded
Once again shun fake news.
Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by Emuforlife1: 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2022
Most forms you fill in Nigeria requires you fill in religious details too but;
The op and his ilks are having sleepless nights over Islam and I love it. gringrin

They seek to extinguish the Light of
Allah (i.e. the religion of Islam, this Quran, and
Prophet Muhammad SAW) with their mouths. But
Allah will perfect His Light even though the
disbelievers hate (it). (As-saff 61vs9)

1 Like

Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by PaedophileProph: 4:10pm On Jan 04, 2022
ijoba22:

Misinformation
This is public space try to be civil and mature.
Who care about mandatory funding for religion should be your heading, not RELIGION as a determinants for school fees.
And besides if you don't know pay attention throughout the public institution it's demanded
Once again shun fake news.

"pay attention to public institution" you say ?

Which federal institution demand religious fund as yardstick to gain access to their resources ?

Look I wouldn't care less if it's a practice in state owned institutions , as we have seen Northern states taking more religious turns in their administration which shouldn't be in a secular country like ours .

Still waiting on your Federal institutions with religious clause for donation/identity before accessing them
Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by ijoba22(m): 4:24pm On Jan 04, 2022
PaedophileProph:

"pay attention to public institution" you say ?

Which federal institution demand religious fund as yardstick to gain access to their resources ?

Look I wouldn't care less if it's a practice in state owned institutions , as we have seen Northern states taking more religious turns in their administration which shouldn't be in a secular country like ours .

Still waiting on your Federal institutions with religious clause for donation/identity before accessing them
I don't usually associate without people who a statement with I don't care, so therefore I will leave you to maintain your myopic illusions mindset.
Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by Mamayam: 4:25pm On Jan 04, 2022
ijoba22:
It's very necessary to understand the basis of an issue before insulting or trying to blackmail the institution, the religion section indicate the overall amount that will be sent to either mosque or church account for development.
As a Christian you are require to pay #500, it's just a pity you don't indicate how much you are to pay as a Muslim.
Pls don't mislead the public.
What of IFA worshippers, atheists etc?
Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by NuclearReactor: 4:27pm On Jan 04, 2022
KingAzubuike:
If you're not comfortable with it, go to another school. It's as simple as that.
It's this attitude of yours that is killing this Nation...
"If you don't like it that go elsewhere"
I wonder what people would say if a southern university also discriminate school fees based on religion undecided

2 Likes

Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by ijoba22(m): 5:00pm On Jan 04, 2022
Mamayam:

cheesy cheesy this your question e get as e b, you lose my guide I don't know.
Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by clockwisereport: 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2022
Mamayam:

They will select "others" and N500 will be deducted from their tuition fees
Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by clockwisereport: 5:21pm On Jan 04, 2022
NuclearReactor:

It's this attitude of yours that is killing this Nation...
"If you don't like it that go elsewhere"
I wonder what people would say if a southern university also discriminate school fees based on religion undecided

There is no discrimination in school fees. Christian and Muslim students pay N500 each for FCS and MSS dues
Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by mujibson(m): 6:06pm On Jan 04, 2022
"One of the key determinant factors you must state which help to filter your payment slip bearing unequal amount you are to pay as school fees is your Religion"

I don't know why you guys like to find problem where there's none. The amount to be paid is same for both religion.

Religion is only stated so it can be indicated on your payment slip where the dues go (MSSN for Muslims or FCS for Christians).
Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by mujibson(m): 6:12pm On Jan 04, 2022
Mamayam:

IFA worshippers or atheists are humans like us too. If they feel entitled as a body of belief or organization of same thoughts, then they should stand up, create awareness and follow it up with the management. Muslim and Christian community should not be held accountable for IFA worshippers or atheists inactivity or irresponsibility.
Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by sinkhole: 7:21pm On Jan 04, 2022
Emuforlife1:
Most forms you fill in Nigeria requires you fill in religious details too but;
The op and his ilks are having sleepless nights over Islam and I love it. gringrin

They seek to extinguish the Light of
Allah (i.e. the religion of Islam, this Quran, and
Prophet Muhammad SAW) with their mouths. But
Allah will perfect His Light even though the
disbelievers hate (it). (As-saff 61vs9)
No No No, I don't think it is about Islam or Christianity! The OP is not even a true Christian, if he claims one, because if he is then he must have been attending the University Chapel and perhaps they would have been informed there.
The only problem I have with the form is that provision should have been made for those who profess no religion, like the OP cheesy
If I am neither a Christian or Muslim then I should not be forced to pay for the facilities that will be used by those two!

1 Like

Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by mujibson(m): 8:19pm On Jan 04, 2022
sinkhole:
No No No, I don't think it is about Islam or Christianity! The OP is not even a true Christian, if he claims one, because if he is then he must have been attending the University Chapel and perhaps they would have been informed there.
The only problem I have with the form is that provision should have been made for those who profess no religion, like the OP cheesy
If I am neither a Christian or Muslim then I should not be forced to pay for the facilities that will be used by those two!

You make sense!

OP is just someone who find faults in anything Islamic/Northern. No one is forced to pay any due. Anyone who is neither a Christian nor Muslim is categorized under others (as shown in the screenshot below) and the nice part is that he/she pays 500 naira less than his/her Muslim and Christian counterparts.

1 Like

Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by sinkhole: 8:55pm On Jan 04, 2022
mujibson:

You make sense!

OP is just someone who find faults in anything Islamic/Northern. No one is forced to pay any due. Anyone who is neither a Christian nor Muslim is categorized under others (as shown in the screenshot below) and the nice part is that he/she pays 500 naira less than his/her Muslim and Christian counterparts.
That is great then, nobody owns OP any apology then.
I wonder why anybody is even giving the OP any audience embarassed
Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by elGenius: 9:21pm On Jan 04, 2022
the fees are the same,
specifying your religion is just to know whether you will be paying Muslim Students S or Christian Student Society due

OP stop being unfortunate in life, this is 2022
what you don't know ask

Re: Religion, A Determinant In 2021/22 Undergraduate Fee In Ahmadu Bello University by Emuforlife1: 9:42pm On Jan 04, 2022
sinkhole:
True talk

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

3 Relationship Rules You Should Never Break. / Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. / Universities In The USA With No Application Fee: List Of Free Application Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.