Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter (16692 Views)

Navy Confirms Delivery Of Yatch, Faces Payment Crisis Over NASS Stand / Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy / CP Odumosu Locks Magodo Brooks Estate, Arrests Security Guards For Delaying Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by dre11(m): 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2022
Curled from this threads

https://www.nairaland.com/6920484/cp-odumosu-locks-magodo-brooks

https://www.nairaland.com/6921803/detained-security-guards-widow-didnt

New twist keeps developing over the incident

By Tajudeen Adebanjo

There was a new twist in the faceoff between residents of Magodo Brooks Estate and the Lagos State Commissioner of Police (CP) Hakeem Odumosu on Tuesday.

Following a letter of apology written by the Chairman, Board of Trustees (BoT), Magodo Brooks Residents Association (MABRA) Ayodele Lawson to Odumosu, some executive members of the association have resigned in protest.

In the January 3 letter, addressed to the CP on behalf of the residents, Lawson “tendered an unreserved apologies for the improper conducts of our security men towards you on the 1st of January, 2022 at the Estate gate”.

According to Lawson, the conduct of the security men was highly regretted.

“I hereby wish to assure you that such a misconduct will never happen again.

“I thank you for your anticipated acceptance of our apologies and your assurances of settling the matter,” Lawson wrote.

Sources said the letter infuriated some members of the executive who felt the BoT chairman did not carry them along before writing the apology letter.

It was learnt that the Chairman, Vice Chairman Dipo Ajayi, Assistant General Secretary and Publicity/Social Secretary of the association have resigned.

According to a source, the Chairman of MABRA said the BoT Chairman wrote a personal letter.

“He did not inform any member of the exco on this.

“I, as the Chairman, disassociate myself from this.

“Even though absent on this physically, I was in tune with what is on ground. I take a honourable exit. Thanks all,” the MABRA Chairman was quoted as saying.

The source said the Publicity/Social Secretary denied knowledge of the apology letter.

Ajayi was said to have insisted that the apology letter was not part of the outcome of their meeting.

“I hereby resign as the Vice Chairman of Magodo Brooks as this is a clear case of putting the interest of an individual or individuals over and above that of the association,” Ajayi was quoted as saying.

https://thenationonlineng.net/odumosu-estate-leadership-in-crisis-over-apology-letter/

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by Authoreety: 2:40pm On Jan 04, 2022
Saboteurs.... That chairman na donkey

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by revived2: 2:40pm On Jan 04, 2022
E go be
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by visijo(m): 2:40pm On Jan 04, 2022
If Nigerian drivers no enter filling station after loading passengers, Abeg come down na kidnapper o shocked

108 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by bewla(m): 2:40pm On Jan 04, 2022
Let me consult then how no what to say
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by lessonotes(f): 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2022
Dear CP Sir, I know they didn't know who you are (or knew, but chose to ignore) and thereby insulted your new rank of AIG; kindly note Sir that all power belongs to God and all the glory of man is like grass. I would loved you to behave like a meek man; one who has power but doesn't use it. Please call all parties together from small and mighty and address them, assure them that all these is in the past; since you've forgiven them, show them how great but humble a man you are.

Enough of these noise please and unnecessary hullaballoo (Borrowing the word from the fellow below)

because “All flesh is as grass, And all the glory of man as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, And its flower falls away, 1 Pet 1 v 24

And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men. - Acts 24 v 16

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by gasparpisciotta: 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2022
Odumosu is a fool for causing this unnecessary hullaballoo

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by blackboy2star(m): 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2022
Una wahala...
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by ayotundebunmi(m): 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2022
Interesting
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by Vladm(m): 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2022
Hhh
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by MurderX: 2:42pm On Jan 04, 2022
How can you deny the state commissioner of police access to your estate. Are you mad or something?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by RoyalBoutique(m): 2:42pm On Jan 04, 2022
visijo:
If Nigerian drivers no enter filling station after loading passengers, Abeg come down na kidnapper o shocked

And if they enter filing station before loading passengers nko?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by Omooba77: 2:43pm On Jan 04, 2022
dre11:
Curled from this threads

https://www.nairaland.com/6920484/cp-odumosu-locks-magodo-brooks

https://www.nairaland.com/6921803/detained-security-guards-widow-didnt

New twist keeps developing over the incident

https://thenationonlineng.net/odumosu-estate-leadership-in-crisis-over-apology-letter/

I said so earlier, one day he may have cause to stay in the same estate....Power is TRANSIENT...

1 Like

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by gift01: 2:43pm On Jan 04, 2022
There is more to this issue than the public is made to be aware of. I believe threats are already flying

2 Likes

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by Restroom: 2:44pm On Jan 04, 2022
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by billante(m): 2:44pm On Jan 04, 2022
Na big man estate, na why the matter even reach like this.

They will sort themselves out, make some calls
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 2:44pm On Jan 04, 2022
I would have said Hakeem Odumosu is a disgrace to the Nigerian police force but you can't shame the shameless since the Nigerian police has been disgracing itself since the days of Adam. Common sense should have told Hakeem that he's the one to apologise even if it's privately but the typical baby tyrant behaviour of an average Nigerian big man won't allow him have sense. That's why I always prefer northern police officers, you hardly ever hear such scandal with their names, they just serve their 35 years and retire quietly cool

17 Likes

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by loadedvibes: 2:45pm On Jan 04, 2022
Lol.. warris going on here
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 04, 2022
No one on nairaland ba?
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by Enjoykoko: 2:45pm On Jan 04, 2022
The Lagos CP is nothing but a tyrant.

9 Likes

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by davidque: 2:46pm On Jan 04, 2022
Men and unnecessary show of ego
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by ShaqFu: 2:46pm On Jan 04, 2022
Hmmmm such nonsense. Apologizing to the CP when he should have been the one to apologize.

Ordering the arrest of the security personnel in the estate is a gross abuse of power and misuse of his office. He (The CP) should be sued for this.

9 Likes

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by Maxymilliano(m): 2:48pm On Jan 04, 2022
grin ... Apology letter or not, it won't remove anything from the rank of the Commissioner, who is now an AIG

2 Likes

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by Benbellamor: 2:48pm On Jan 04, 2022
Most Rich men are Not on same page with those that work for them day and night....The Owner of the estate should have Carry along the Excos ....why making them look as if they are on their own...na wah o

1 Like

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by illicit(m): 2:49pm On Jan 04, 2022
How do u deny a CP entrance to anywhere

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by eddie7: 2:50pm On Jan 04, 2022
I'm pretty sure that there's gonna be an emergency meeting this weekend to elect select new Excos
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by Kingfragz: 2:50pm On Jan 04, 2022
Shadyfeelings:
I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired
llol.
Dis is dope

1 Like

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by wonder233: 2:50pm On Jan 04, 2022
A lot people just want to sound woke by saying stuffs like "tyranny", " rule of law", etc. Many have forgotten these estates are subsets of a larger society whose laws supersedes whatever internal laws the estates make for themselves. Lots of people have been yelling about the CP obeying the "law of the estate"... The CP is a federal law officer whose mandate grants him access to places on identification of his person. The roads in these estates are public roads you as an ordinary citizen should ordinarily be able to gain access to. It is only into a personal residence you need to be granted access or a warrant. But these estates cordon off entire roads and you people are here talking about " the estate rules". It is because the rich have so oppressed the poor that even the poor think most of these practices are right.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by michoim(m): 2:50pm On Jan 04, 2022
visijo:
Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Border Reopening Will Cripple Nigeria’s Economy, Rep Warns / Fayose Condemns Buhari’s ‘silence’ On Killings By Herdsmen / Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.