Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,478 members, 7,819,741 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter (16700 Views)

Navy Confirms Delivery Of Yatch, Faces Payment Crisis Over NASS Stand / Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy / CP Odumosu Locks Magodo Brooks Estate, Arrests Security Guards For Delaying Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by DennisEche(m): 2:51pm On Jan 04, 2022
smiley
Nice one, the CP should accept the apology. Alot of ignorant people here spewing trash with their emotion outside.
FYI. The CP is the head of security in a state after the governor.
unless the security men at the gate feign ignorance

4 Likes

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by Wealthoptulent(m): 2:51pm On Jan 04, 2022
visijo:
If Nigerian drivers no enter filling station after loading passengers, Abeg come down na kidnapper o shocked

So le dey load for garage?

1 Like

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by Nyanabo(m): 2:54pm On Jan 04, 2022
Seeing this Cp's eyes a line of Roddy rich song God's eyes come to mind;
My penthouse got a bird's view through God's eyes
I got gang gang (gang gang), I got mob ties (mob ties)
I got Porsche, with the frog eyes

lipsrsealed
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by SeyeMan(m): 2:56pm On Jan 04, 2022
dre11:
Curled from this threads

https://www.nairaland.com/6920484/cp-odumosu-locks-magodo-brooks

https://www.nairaland.com/6921803/detained-security-guards-widow-didnt

New twist keeps developing over the incident

https://thenationonlineng.net/odumosu-estate-leadership-in-crisis-over-apology-letter/

This Odumosu of a man is a rabble router and is more than capable of locking up innocent security men at Magodo Estate. I vividly remember that during the planned ENDSARS protests anniversary, in a bid to threaten the organizers of the planned protests, CSP Odumosu appeared on national TV fully kitted with helmet and a big rifle, while many other offers in similar battle gear stood around him in the interview. One would have thought he was about to engage BOKO HARAM members at the planned venue of the protests. I wasn't surprised when news broke that a stray Bullet had killed a young lady close to the protest venue that same day. CSP Odumare needs to adopt a great dose of maturity, discretion and humility in how he carries himself as the Commissioner of Police in Lagos.
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by airsaylongcome: 2:59pm On Jan 04, 2022
MurderX:
How can you deny the state commission we of police access to your estate. Are you mad or something?

So given that all estates have seen the events unfold at Magodo Brooks Estate, I guess they will all have to fling their gates open to anyone that approaches the estate with the paraphernalia of Commissioner of Police. Criminals will now leverage on this to boldly approach estates under the guise of a CP or other high ranking Military/Paramilitary personnel

3 Likes

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by ivolt: 3:00pm On Jan 04, 2022
After reading the association's response and this apology letter.
I can only conclude that the CP's interrogation was preplanned in order to settle
estate's political score among different camps.

The CP's host is likely hated by some people in the estate management and they decided to get back at him
by embarrassing his guest.

The association claimed the security agents were arrested because they were trying
to help the CP with direction. That is absurd. He was not lost to begin with.

The association also claimed they weren't informed of his coming. A properly identified
policeman regardless of his/her rank does not need permission to enter a public space.
In a more equal country most Lagos estate gates will be torn down to ease traffic.

8 Likes

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by DAREH13: 3:01pm On Jan 04, 2022
If armed robbers attacks you
You'll call police but when a whole commissioner of police want to enter a place you denied him entry

What's type of virus battling your brain

If they're not criminal minded why denying police entry to the estate

Police has that power to enter anywhere at anytime
Go and read police acts and regulations

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by Tpharell: 3:02pm On Jan 04, 2022
RoyalBoutique:

And if they enter filing station before loading passengers nko?
they don't normally do that because they have to first collect transport fare from passengers after loading to buy the fuel

1 Like

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by mountmoriah(m): 3:04pm On Jan 04, 2022
visijo:
If Nigerian drivers no enter filling station after loading passengers, Abeg come down na kidnapper o shocked
laugh wan kill person for here ooo oga

1 Like

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by DAREH13: 3:05pm On Jan 04, 2022
Majority of people crying here against CP's action will do worse if given pinch of power

See the way those vigilante behaved during the heat of covid19 lockdown
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by meccuno: 3:07pm On Jan 04, 2022
dre11:
Curled from this threads

https://thenationonlineng.net/odumosu-estate-leadership-in-crisis-over-apology-letter/
am not surprised the same thing they did to these men. apart from selling human head for 60k, this is what they are good at. grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by KingAzubuike(f): 3:07pm On Jan 04, 2022
This saga is a typical case of a "Nigerian big man" trying to show he's a "big man".

That " do you know who I am, I will deal with you" mentality.
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by cool318(m): 3:08pm On Jan 04, 2022
airsaylongcome:

So given that all estates have seen the events unfold at Magodo Brooks Estate, I guess they will all have to fling their gates open to anyone that approaches the estate with the paraphernalia of Commissioner of Police. Criminals will now leverage on this to boldly approach estates under the guise of a CP or other high ranking Military/Paramilitary personnel

Do you mind them?
Since they don't know that there's access enforcement & control in those private estates to prevent the numerous social vices plaguing the society.

If the house of rep who is hosting the event didn't want the security network in the estate, he would have relocated to Iyanapaja or Ikorodu or Makoko. Let boys visit him.

The CP should have informed the host, who inturn informed the Security at the gate to allow him unfettered access.

That's how security works in a Private guarded estate, not Govt estate.

1 Like

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by cool318(m): 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2022
DAREH13:
If armed robbers attacks you
You'll call police but when a whole commissioner of police want to enter a place you denied him entry

What's type of virus battling your brain

If they're not criminal minded why denying police entry to the estate

Police has that power to enter anywhere at anytime
Go and read police acts and regulations

Nobody denied the CP the right to enter the estate.
There are protocols to follow if you want to have access to those estates. Remember, they are Private estates not govt estates.
If the Host being an honorable, wasn't comfortable with it, he would have relocated to Iyanapaja or Mushin.

2 Likes

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by alfajohn: 3:17pm On Jan 04, 2022
wonder233:
A lot people just want to sound woke by saying stuffs like "tyranny", " rule of law", etc. Many have forgotten these estates are subsets of a larger society whose laws supersedes whatever internal laws the estates make for themselves. Lots of people have been yelling about the CP obeying the "law of the estate"... The CP is a federal law officer whose mandate grants him access to places on identification of his person. The roads in these estates are public roads you as an ordinary citizen should ordinarily be able to gain access to. It is only into a personal residence you need to be granted access or a warrant. But these estates cordon off entire roads and you people are here talking about " the estate rules". It is because the rich have so oppressed the poor that even the poor think most of these practices are right.

Your head carry oil. Nigerians with any body in authority must be wrong just to spite their face by cutting their nose

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by DAREH13: 3:29pm On Jan 04, 2022
No matter protocol an estate may have all police need doing is proper introduction shikena
What protocol can be more than security reason

cool318:

There are protocols to follow if you want to have access to those estates. Remember, they are Private estates not govt estates.
If the Host being an honorable, wasn't comfortable with it, he would have relocated to Iyanapaja or Mushin.

1 Like

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by AyeMoJuba: 3:39pm On Jan 04, 2022
Shadyfeelings:
I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired

Even your username is tiring and sickening. Aargh!
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by laughitall(m): 3:42pm On Jan 04, 2022
MASTAkiLLAh:
I would have said Hakeem Odumosu is a disgrace to the Nigerian police force but you can't shame the shameless since the Nigerian police has been disgracing itself since the days of Adam. Common sense should have told Hakeem that he's the one to apologise even if it's privately but the typical baby tyrant behaviour of an average Nigerian big man won't allow him have sense. That's why I always prefer northern police officers, you hardly ever hear such scandal with their names, they just serve their 35 years and retire quietly cool
you don’t know what you are saying .. for the northern police officer you are right ..
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by Bigchristo: 3:55pm On Jan 04, 2022
dre11:
Curled from this threads

So after inconveniencing the residents of the estate the chairman. Still went ahead to apologize? This is why Police will always get away with their evil deeds, someone that’s supposed to be slammed with heavy lawsuits
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by cool318(m): 4:48pm On Jan 04, 2022
DAREH13:
No matter protocol an estate may have all police need doing is proper introduction shikena
What protocol can be more than security reason

That's the issue here, it wasn't done.
An eye witness said the overzealous PMF , all armed to the teeth just stormed the security house demanding for the gates to be flung open.
My own is that, the Host should have alerted the security at the gate of a VIP coming to his residence.
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by olasquare: 5:24pm On Jan 04, 2022
That chairman, if this report is true, deserves a hot slap.

The thing about Nigeria that pisses me off all the time is the oppressive nature of everyone in power, and or fortunate to be rich; then the sheepish and coward act of the oppressed to accept in 'good fate'. Fine we do not have a people oriented justice system, and coupled with the fact that the oppressor knows we dare not challenged him or her in court out of fear and poverty sometimes, all matters will just naturally die, and the bully continues to kick the heads of the weak while the weak resign his or her rights for God to fight for him. If the rule of law will stand, we too needs to make use of it either there is a people oriented court or not. We need to grow this consciousness of taking legal steps in this country. I don't know the details of this brouhaha. But I feel going by what Nigeria is, the commissioner could have over stepped all because he sits in a position of power. The estate needs to take legal steps for the security operatives being detained by the commissioner because on what offence was their arrest and detention based. I will be more pleased if the estate takes the case to court and loose than they just crying fowl on social media and depend only on man know man to resolve the case. This is bullshit
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by Ybaby: 5:35pm On Jan 04, 2022
Authoreety:
Saboteurs.... That chairman na donkey

So you can not spell M U M U?.... donkey is a useful animal. Call the chairman what he is a c ow ar d
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by laiperi: 5:57pm On Jan 04, 2022
A private home, estate, even a car or phone cannot be invaded without just cause.

But eh, this is Nigeria. Anything goes!

Do you know who I am mentality as someone pointed out.

Was he going in on official duty or a personal visit?

Power, power, power ehn.
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:24pm On Jan 04, 2022
Wait! One Estate wants to hold an entire police force to ransom
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 04, 2022
visijo:
grin grin grin. Making sense.

1 Like

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by kasillars(m): 7:06pm On Jan 04, 2022
If all these overzealous and under trained security outfits go through the right training, they will know what that office stands for. What an insult

1 Like

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by Organs(m): 7:14pm On Jan 04, 2022
wonder233:
A lot people just want to sound woke by saying stuffs like "tyranny", " rule of law", etc. Many have forgotten these estates are subsets of a larger society whose laws supersedes whatever internal laws the estates make for themselves. Lots of people have been yelling about the CP obeying the "law of the estate"... The CP is a federal law officer whose mandate grants him access to places on identification of his person. The roads in these estates are public roads you as an ordinary citizen should ordinarily be able to gain access to. It is only into a personal residence you need to be granted access or a warrant. But these estates cordon off entire roads and you people are here talking about " the estate rules". It is because the rich have so oppressed the poor that even the poor think most of these practices are right.

May God bless you. I don't know where we are going in this country. people have total disrespect for law and order in this country. Imagine these mumus resigning cos an apology letter was written. That is why i like Northerners. They will close that whole estate and frog jump all the idiots to get sense into their heads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by Osilama1: 7:17pm On Jan 04, 2022
MASTAkiLLAh:
I would have said Hakeem Odumosu is a disgrace to the Nigerian police force but you can't shame the shameless since the Nigerian police has been disgracing itself since the days of Adam. Common sense should have told Hakeem that he's the one to apologise even if it's privately but the typical baby tyrant behaviour of an average Nigerian big man won't allow him have sense. That's why I always prefer northern police officers, you hardly ever hear such scandal with their names, they just serve their 35 years and retire quietly cool
some of you don't have regards for your country that's why you can't see the dishonor and disrespect to the office of the number one police cheif in Lagos... It shows the overzealouness of the excos of those running the estate...
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by Osilama1: 7:25pm On Jan 04, 2022
cool318:

common sense is lacking that's why they can deny a top ranking police cheif access... Which one is private estates like it's not part of Lagos anymore... Some of these overzealou estates excos should not make the Job difficult for security guards... There are situation you relax protocols... The police cp identify himself that's enough to let him in...
Re: Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter by visijo(m): 8:51pm On Jan 04, 2022
RoyalBoutique:

And if they enter filing station before loading passengers nko?
except na new driver

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Speaks With Troops In Sambisa Via Video-call / The Only Thing PDP Is Good At Is ‘ Share The Money ’ – Oshiomhole / Bandits Levy ₦12 Million Tax On Kaduna Farmers, Give Deadline To Pay Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.