Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos (52140 Views)

How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. / Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money / Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Jokerman(m): 11:07pm On Jan 04, 2022
CSTRR:
Why does that lady's status has available for hookup?

Lol.... grin
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Jokerman(m): 11:08pm On Jan 04, 2022
Joshcoli:
See them

Guy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by EmekaBlue(m): 11:15pm On Jan 04, 2022
The problem is that the loan is just for 7days and the interest Too high why there is so many defaults.
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 04, 2022
I lost a very good friend on the 26th of December in a car accident, his corpse is still in the morgue as i type, and yesterday i got this kind of message with his picture from a loan company, i was mad! I called them, they refused to pick. I'm still wondering how his mother and siblings will feel when they get that message.
DONSIA:

So, On December 23rd 2021, I received the random but yet so familiar messages from SOKOLOAN About A Victim (User) of thier services, the loan they're offering...

SOKOLOAN message context

After reading the message, Immediately, I knew whom the victim was because prior to the day I got the message, I've seen a post around November 2021 where the victim did her wedding and she's pregnant already, she was damn heavy. Wasn't even aware, I was told and I merely congratulated her and that was probably the #8times I texted her for the whole 2021.. I'm saying to let you guys here know that we don't talk often as I've claimed above buh we're Good!

WHAT BRINGS ABOUT THE THREAD
I received another message this afternoon January 4th 2022 from another number but different undisclosed company.. Just a random picture and lending as thier public name and thier own message go as this

YOU MIGHT HAVE PROBABLY BEEN WONDERING HOW IS IT MY OWN RIGHT.. I SWEAR IT'S THE ATTACHED PICTURE OF THE VICTIM

MY OWN OUTBUST THAT MADE ME CREATE A THREAD

if you're the type that read messages carefully, you guys will definitely see the act of madness and manner of unprofessionalism that the second company use in tacking thier customers... And it's a DELIBERATE act cause if the tides should later turn around, they would be the one to lose at last

BECAUSE I HAVE THE VICTIM LINE and I know she hasn't been active both on WhatsApp and Facebook, I decided to call her because on norms, mostly when it's new year, I do call almost every on my contact list even sent personal messages aside on social media buh she didn't pick up at the second attempt, so I stopped calling her

THE FIRST ATTACHED PICTURES IS MY WHOLE CHAT WITH HER LAST YEAR

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by macaranta(m): 11:30pm On Jan 04, 2022
It's crazy to take a loan at 70% in two weeks. People should avoid these kind of loans at all cost. Then again, things are really difficult for most people... It is well.

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by einsteine(m): 11:40pm On Jan 04, 2022
oluwaseyi0:
loan sharks should be banned in the country

but the other reality is that Nigerians are terrible debtors, they won't prioritize paying their loans unless they are forced to

I have a cousin that wants to borrow from this loan shark they want to borrow him 10,000 to pay back 17k in less than 2 weeks, I decide to borrow him the money myself even though he's previously owning me

Up till now, he has not made mention of repayment for over three months he earns over 150k per month, carries his girlfriend to club severally yet owns me, even new year or Christmas message I no see

another female cousins own me some huge amount, the annoying one is an elderly and respected neighbor owning me 5k yet greet me and relate as if nothing is happening even when the due date has elapsed for months

Nigerians are terrible debtors, their first mentality is getting away without paying what they borrow, repaying is the last option for them when every other option fails

If Nigerians are terrible debtors, why then is there a new loan app opening every day? Nigerians don't pay, Nigerians don't pay, you guys chorus yet there are over 100 loan apps spending massive sums advertising for users.

People default on this loans because the loans are too expensive. That's it. Simple and short.

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Lekan239(m): 11:50pm On Jan 04, 2022
Lightway:
angry grin grin grin

Look at the criminals. After borrowing, you don't want to pay back... After committing suicide let your dead bodies and organs be sold to pay back the loan.

Can you imagine this rubbish. This is why you should avoid poor people in all that you do.

Poor people will reck your business no matter what

How can someone borrow you money and you don't want to pay back. Then you claim rubbish and commit suicide.

Let them die

We have too many fools in the country already.

Every Nigerian has criminal tendencies and you can see it here

Fools.

there is this loan company app I see everytime on Facebook, so I decided to just try it out to see what my credit score is. Lo and behold, they said I qualified to get 9k. 9k to pay 15k back in just 7days. No be JuJu bdat?
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Dannydapper: 11:58pm On Jan 04, 2022
My life as never remained the same since I borrowed twice from Lcredit I've been on defaults and I couldn't meet up since 5weeks or more now, they're dragging me to depression on a daily basis with series of threats and all I've been paying with little I'm making from my catering job still couldn't meet up... Please help a brother, this Life no easy as I dey like this it's 11:56pm I can't sleep cuz my tummy is just turning on it's own, no food.

Help me a brother
Thanks and God bless U

GTBank
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 05, 2022
grin grin grin i borrow and stake on 2odds if it boom i take out my profit and pay the loan apps i fear the day that the game will cut cuz i dnt think i will pay
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Nobody: 12:51am On Jan 05, 2022
Lekan239:
there is this loan company app I see everytime on Facebook, so I decided to just try it out to see what my credit score is. Lo and behold, they said I qualified to get 9k. 9k to pay 15k back in just 7days. No be JuJu bdat?
they want u to gamble with the money or what

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by GreaterFuture6: 1:01am On Jan 05, 2022
SailorUgo:
They did same to my guy.
Person wey be millionaire o, had a few lands.
He ran out of cash working for a client.
Naso the yeye client no pay him in time and him don forget about the loan sef.

These loan guys no get joy. They called to remind him and as him dey run around to to get money to pay back, his pictures and that their wicked message don circulate Lagos, don even reach village, even to potential clients.

Baba just lean immediately.
The guy no get himself for 2 months.

Worst part be say the loan app no retract their messages or apologize after him pay Dem off oo.

Just avoid those guys abeg
He lean Why?
Because of owing, OR because he of Shame?
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by tamdun: 1:25am On Jan 05, 2022
Those loan companies too are thieves, how can u give people loan without confirmation from their guarantor and if the person that took the loan default, the first person they will call is the guarantor that knows nothing about the fuckin loan.

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by temielects(m): 1:47am On Jan 05, 2022
Iliveforever:
This is complete stupidity.
If you collect loan, simply pay back and if you can’t don’t collect the loan..
This isn’t that bad or difficult to do.
The country is hard, you now see a company that wants to lend you money and you still have the guts to default,
See ehh If I own a loan company and you default payment, I will hunt you and kill you.
they should just carry their useless money and vanish if they lack what is takes to handle things professionally what kind of rubbish is that publishing people's image for condemnation
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Map1(m): 2:47am On Jan 05, 2022
frugal:

Nope. People who borrow N10k are extremely poor and live from hand to mouth. So I can understand why many of them have problem paying back — Little to no income.
So why borrow? Frustration, hopelessness, no other option, etc.
Most of Nigerians are poor minded,yes frustration,hopelessness and no other option can make people borrowed but when you borrowed on what purpose?to eat,for business or what purposed? If someone is poor atleast if you borrowed 10k you can used it for business and be making a profit of 2k in a day but can they do that?
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 2:55am On Jan 05, 2022
ignis:
Nigerians don't read terms and conditions.
Most of you guys are illiterates with certificates! And that is why our leaders violate our 4ights with reckless abandon. You went to school but school never went through you. You hàve a right to privacy and nobody , for whatsoever reason has the right to violate it. This is one of the fundamentals that civilised societies work. You want to got to USA, Canada and UK but you are ok with keeping 6our country in the Stone age. I don't patronise these disgusting people but that doesn't make what they are doing right.

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by calcal: 3:02am On Jan 05, 2022
Lightway:
angry grin grin grin

you should avoid poor people in all that you do.

If really you want to succeed in life
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by jimcaddy(m): 3:08am On Jan 05, 2022
It is some foolish people who claim to be loan recovery officers that go to this extreme to embarrass their own customers to harrass them to repay the loan. And their companies bosses don't mind as long as the loan gets recovered. In many structured loan companies, you dare not, if you do, you are fired instantly. We Nigerians have issues.. How can a Nigerian sit down to compose a very embarrassing message like that. It is wrong in all honesty.

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by PotatoSalad(m): 3:13am On Jan 05, 2022
MrJames007:
If I were these debtors, once you message my contacts, just forget the money. Nothing would ever make me pay you back.
Tomorrow you'll blame Buhari for being the cause of your problems.
Charity begins at home.
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Mac2016(m): 3:18am On Jan 05, 2022
folks4luv:
I have received many messages from these sick loan sharks but this one (attached) was the most annoying. I was so annoyed i had to respond.
Loan companies all over the world are facing the issues of defaulters and there are laws protecting their interests. But this is Nigeria where it is legal to be lawless.
Mhen, the message from the loan coy in the attachment is so sick! Just imagine!
The truth is that the defaulter didn't even use you or anyone that receives such msg as a guarantor. The coy just skirm and select most frequently contacted people thru the defaulter's contact and send messages to them.
Defaulter don't even know who the embarrassing message would be sent to.
It's sickening to have all these useless loan officers coin suicidal messages in a bid to retrieve their non performing loans. It is usually with the consent, direct or tacit, by their org.
They need to be checked!

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by PotatoSalad(m): 3:24am On Jan 05, 2022
BluntTheApostle:
They dare not try that nonsense with me.

If you tarnish my image, just kiss your money goodbye, and also be ready to pay for damages.

Because I will sue your ass from heaven to hell. In fact, should I die while still on the case, my ghost will carry on with the case.

Borrow borrow. Sue sue. You can't even repay a loan. Where u go get money to hire a lawyer? From another loan company?
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by PotatoSalad(m): 3:39am On Jan 05, 2022
GenAbacha:

Shut tf up!

Ranting from a position of privilege.

One day you find yourself in the gutters and we’ll see if you’ll talk like this.

========================

On the loan topic, these companies should scrap this no collateral loan system they practice.

There has to be smart ways one can hedge something for a loan. Companies that also do this kind of business should also understand the risks involved in no collateral loans.

Do they even do risk management in those companies sef
Oga if you're based in Nigeria, you'll know that the only language nigerians understand is force.
Don't take a loan if you can't pay back when due. Nigerians are chronic debtors. A friend asked me for a loan to repay in two weeks, which I knew was impossible and once I give her that money, it's gone for good, together with our friendship. I refused but decided to support her with some percentage of the money. She collected the money, no thank you. Nothing. We haven't spoken till date.
I have lost friendships cos of loans. I stopped lending cash and started supporting them but our sense of entitlement is wowing.
Nigerians are terrible and that's why the country will never grow. Tueh.

4 Likes

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by PotatoSalad(m): 3:44am On Jan 05, 2022
CalabarPikin:
call me names if you like but this loan companies are just fools, i swear....

after they choose to send rubbish messages to my contact on the same day i was due ...in fact i was working on repaying them already, before my dad called me and it wasn't funny at all....

i just kuku refuse to send the money and let them do their worst......just one day, everywhere calm.
we don choose to hunt them, all the contacts they send messages to now are bloody fake number i got from random groups on whatsapp.....no body know me for there and they wont even dare call me to question me whatsoever......
Tomorrow you'll go to church and walk to the altar like an angel. Or you'll come out to rubbish Buhari name.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by TrueNigerian300: 3:56am On Jan 05, 2022
This stupidity has to stop from these guys, the lending business can't survive in Nigeria at the moment as it is too risk to venture into. An average Nigerian does not want debt we see it as a bad thing maybe due culture or whatever reason I don't know. Now, these guys are giving unsecured loans and expect people to pay back in country that has a very weak legal system. In the first world country an unsecured loan is possible because they have a working legal system and active credit bureaus that report your credit score which is very vital in almost anything you do in those countries.

We try to copy everything but don't look at the social construct in our environment, it is not everything you see there that can be replicated here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by esthel(f): 4:20am On Jan 05, 2022
I borrow you what I can let go, once you default I won't even ask you but just know you can't come back to me.
oluwaseyi0:
loan sharks should be banned in the country

but the other reality is that Nigerians are terrible debtors, they won't prioritize paying their loans unless they are forced to

I have a cousin that wants to borrow from this loan shark they want to borrow him 10,000 to pay back 17k in less than 2 weeks, I decide to borrow him the money myself even though he's previously owning me

Up till now, he has not made mention of repayment for over three months he earns over 150k per month, carries his girlfriend to club severally yet owns me, even new year or Christmas message I no see

another female cousins own me some huge amount, the annoying one is an elderly and respected neighbor owning me 5k yet greet me and relate as if nothing is happening even when the due date has elapsed for months

Nigerians are terrible debtors, their first mentality is getting away without paying what they borrow, repaying is the last option for them when every other option fails

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Leshyne(m): 5:16am On Jan 05, 2022
These loan companies are like Bandits and are worse than "Buhari". Tell me why you borrow money to someone at 30% on 7days ,that means in month interest is more than 100%. The minimum interest they offer is 50% in a month. Why would this country allow these kinda open robbery.

Secondly, if one default, they immediately start the harassment and character assassinations without considering the effect on the person.

Consider, someone who desperately needs cash and get it from them,only to pay huge interest , will get more loans to pay the previous one and is stuck in a debt loop. And in most cases the money given to first timers don't exceed 15-20k.

Nigerian don't need this kinda rapist n evil organization in our society. Let's flush them out before it's too late.
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by TheMan3: 5:21am On Jan 05, 2022
OYENIYIJK:

People wey dey borrow money, most of them dey move from one problem to another problem. Majority of them can't pay back the loan. Those companies too, they need money to continue their business.

The matter get as e be.

this company is taking advantage of people in that vunorable situation. Hence them give them loans with outrageous interest. Many can't pay back. That's what loan sharks do
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Afolabimills(m): 5:22am On Jan 05, 2022
Iliveforever:
This is complete stupidity.
If you collect loan, simply pay back and if you can’t don’t collect the loan..
This isn’t that bad or difficult to do.
The country is hard, you now see a company that wants to lend you money and you still have the guts to default,
See ehh If I own a loan company and you default payment, I will hunt you and kill you.
u are either a sycopat or devil

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by GenAbacha(m): 5:22am On Jan 05, 2022
PotatoSalad:

Oga if you're based in Nigeria, you'll know that the only language nigerians understand is force.
Don't take a loan if you can't pay back when due. Nigerians are chronic debtors. A friend asked me for a loan to repay in two weeks, which I knew was impossible and once I give her that money, it's gone for good, together with our friendship. I refused but decided to support her with some percentage of the money. She collected the money, no thank you. Nothing. We haven't spoken till date.
I have lost friendships cos of loans. I stopped lending cash and started supporting them but our sense of entitlement is wowing.
Nigerians are terrible and that's why the country will never grow. Tueh.

Did you see where I suggested hedging? Do you know the meaning of hedging? Or didn’t you see collateral?

If you had smartly asked for a collateral before giving said loan, will your friend not have celebrated Christmas with you today? Nigerians and arguments

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Paulfrank200: 5:34am On Jan 05, 2022
most of the people commenting trash down here are all their workers! texting one's contacts ain't even the solution for some people!! i had a friend who had the intention of paying end of the month which he explained to the stupid app that gives only one week with huge interest! instead of waiting they went about texting is contacts!! lol that guy is a hard man immediately they text his boss and his siblings he decided he will not pay a dime!! the loan company is tired right now! let's give it a rest! this loan apps are totally bizarre with no brains but it is better you avoid them!!! don't fall into temptation of lending from them!!! after tanishing his image he never paid a dime. they are really tired of sending messages cus i don't receive any again!!i think more sense should be applied in getting this loan back and not making empty threat!!!but i tell you what! most of them are not even registered

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by PotatoSalad(m): 5:36am On Jan 05, 2022
GenAbacha:

Did you see where I suggested hedging? Do you know the meaning of hedging? Or didn’t you see collateral?

If you had smartly asked for a collateral before giving said loan, will your friend not have celebrated Christmas with you today? Nigerians and arguments
Clean your dirty mouth.
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Damian10(m): 6:20am On Jan 05, 2022
Too bad. I pray God help keep us away from ferocious loan companies with ludicrous terms and conditions by blessing us financially.
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Chuksmonika(m): 6:24am On Jan 05, 2022
Don't worry OP, the Federal Government of Nigeria is moving in to stop their madness.

These loan apps will be regulated. It's either they fall in line or they will be shown the way out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Make A Huge Success Online With PPD / Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) / Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.