Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 (29184 Views)

Peter Obi Who Is Contesting Against Me Lives In Lagos - Tinubu (pic/vid / APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' / Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by southsouthking(m): 1:57pm On Jan 07, 2022
Nisiw365:
benidiot in pains. Let anyone from your worthless wretched lineage be a governor in lagos or any idiot from your wretched oba of benin become a king in lagos

My wretched family linage means everything me.
We might not be rich, but we contended with what we have.

Hello Mr Man who came from a non Wretched lineage, remember Edo owns Benin.
Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Starz825(m): 2:11pm On Jan 07, 2022
olatuns2017:

An Anambra man cannot even be commissioner in Enugu vice visa

You no dey think?

IBos can't be president in 2023

Go and settle your region first!
Why will an Anambra man be a commissioner in enugu in the first place

Na you no dey think

Why can't igbos be president...
Are we better than them?

Which region?? Same region that has been peaceful all this while before 2021 and have been denied since God knows when..

I'm Yoruba..

If the Igbos are to be part of Nigeria and even a majority that Then they need to be considered....we can't continue to trap them in the middle as if they are nobody....
Why should Yoruba and Hausa colonize the igbos....why..in modern day democracy.
What if our redemption as a nation is in their hands ...never can tell...
We know the igbos have their bad sides...so as the other regions... No one is perfect...
And they ave got their good sides too...

Abeg...

1 Like

Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Sakaslim(m): 2:16pm On Jan 07, 2022
Christane:
Gomez ??...he his from Mexico or Colombia ...how cum d name gomez

People like Fernandez, Gomez, Pedro, Pinhero, Marinno, Da-Silva are all Lagosians and son of the soil too. If you're familiar with Lagos history you'll see that their ancestors were sold as slaves to Brazil and other southern America contries. Along the line, in order to be free slaves, they had to adopt the names of their masters, hence the surname.

After being free, they then retrace their steps back to their ancestral land (Mostly Lagos Island) where they settle and still maintain the name.

Go read the story of People like Candido Da-Rocha, you'll get more insights. We need history back in our schools, maybe start from even primary schools, the dearth of history these days is alarming.

1 Like

Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Curious346: 2:17pm On Jan 07, 2022
Another tinubu stooge
Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Nisiw365: 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2022
southsouthking:

My wretched family linage means everything me.
We might not be rich, but we contended with what we have.

Hello Mr Man who came from a non Wretched lineage, remember Edo owns Benin.
What is the difference between edo and benin. Talk of when uselessness jam backwardness
Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Tennessee85: 2:40pm On Jan 07, 2022
WiszyFraud:
Normally, an Igbo man should govern us this time..

Let us give them the chance

What is “one Nigeria” for btw?
undecided
Maybe we should test this your "one Nigeria" rhetoric in Anambra, Imo, Abia, Enugu, Ebonyi by making a Yoruba man a governor in one of those states?
Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Tennessee85: 2:41pm On Jan 07, 2022
Christane:
He's an Aguda. Descendant of Yoruba returnees from South America.

1 Like

Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by ajl: 2:41pm On Jan 07, 2022
Christane:

Probably of Lagos Island Brazilian Quarters heritage. This is an area where descendants of slaves who returned a long time ago from Brazil settled. You will find families with last names like Fernandez, Da-Rocha, Dacosta, Sego, Perreira, Santos, Gomez, Pinheiro, etc. These are the true Lagosians, who have been sidelined by political criminals who are not native Lagosian. Although few of them connived with those political criminals in return for pittance. Now their eyes are clear that they have been fooled for a long time.
Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Nisiw365: 2:42pm On Jan 07, 2022
placeofallure:

Yes, I mean the returnee aspect. That's where they bond.
Okay

1 Like

Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Nisiw365: 2:45pm On Jan 07, 2022
Huracio:
yes ooo, most people do think there are no original Lagosians as Yoruba but when they read, they will understand more.the Benin descendants are probably the greatest beneficiaries of Lagos today, na dem get Lagos islands and their King too.
There are no benin descedants in lagos unless you mean republic of benin because egun are also in republic of benin

1 Like

Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Tennessee85: 2:46pm On Jan 07, 2022
youngblaq:
This "Gomez" name, sounds Portuguese. Abi na just me?
Many Yoruba people from Lagos bear Portuguese surnames na. How are you just being aware of this?
Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Tennessee85: 2:51pm On Jan 07, 2022
penceman:
The Portuguese surnames is how you determine real Lagos indigenous family. cardoso Jose, Ricardo.
How tinubu who I heard his real name is Amuda is Chopin Lagos money due to one man! The present greedy head of afeniferere.
How does having Brazilian/Portuguese surnames automatically mean "real Lagos indigenous family" when the Brazilian and Cuban returnees that settled in Lagos have their own roots in the hinterland of Yorubaland?
Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Tennessee85: 2:53pm On Jan 07, 2022
placeofallure:

His ancestors are returnees. When you hear Pedro, Gomez, Fernandez, Ramos, Grillo, Salvador, Da Silva, Pereira and co; Na dem grin

They share history with Ajayi Crowther.
What history do they share with Ajayi Crowther?
Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Tennessee85: 2:54pm On Jan 07, 2022
Nisiw365:
even though ajayi is a returnee, they do not share history, ajayi is oyo, thos ones are awori and egun
What do you mean by they are Awori and Egun? Do you know his family history?
Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Tennessee85: 2:58pm On Jan 07, 2022
Huracio:
yes ooo, most people do think there are no original Lagosians as Yoruba but when they read, they will understand more.the Benin descendants are probably the greatest beneficiaries of Lagos today, na dem get Lagos islands and their King too.
Lol, let the Awori Idejo white cap chiefs catch you claiming that Benin descendants own Lagos Islands. Even the Oba of Lagos is a descendant of Alaagba, the Ijesha priest of Oba Akinshemoyin. Stop making spurious claims o.
Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Tennessee85: 2:59pm On Jan 07, 2022
Huracio:
I meant the ones taken away from badagry to Brazil as slaves to work on plantations; most of them actually came back after the abolishment of slave trade with names given to them by their Masters.
Nope. They started returning long before slavery was abolished in Brazil in 1888.

1 Like

Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Nisiw365: 3:01pm On Jan 07, 2022
Tennessee85:
What do you mean by they are Awori and Egun? Do you know his family history?
Most returnee who are from lagos are awori and egun coupled with the fact that eguns are from badagry area of lagos state
Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by JaroMan: 3:02pm On Jan 07, 2022
All na Tinubu boys in PDP. Lagos PDP stinks. Don't take them serious
Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by ledaman: 3:05pm On Jan 07, 2022
WiszyFraud:
Normally, an Igbo man should govern us this time..

Let us give them the chance

What is “one Nigeria” for btw?
undecided
Can a Yoruba win an election in Anambra?
Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by placeofallure(f): 3:05pm On Jan 07, 2022
Tennessee85:
What history do they share with Ajayi Crowther?

Awww! Did you do History in school? Samuel Ajayi Crowther was a slave boy who got favour from his master and was freed. Hence he was able to return and be useful for motherland.
Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Tennessee85: 3:09pm On Jan 07, 2022
Nisiw365:
Most returnee who are from lagos are awori and egun coupled with the fact that eguns are from badagry area of lagos state
You don't know what the hell you're talking about. If I told you to cite a reputable source to prove that most returnees are Awori and Egun now, you'll start beating about the bush. The returnees - both the Sierra Leoneans (Saros) and Brazilians (Aguda/Amaro) were from the hinterland of Yorubaland who only chose to resettle in Lagos for convenience. The Placido Assumpcaos (Alakija) were originally from Ikija in Abeokuta, the Da Rochas were originally from Ilesha etc. Stop disseminating erroneous, ahistorical information.
Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Huracio(m): 3:10pm On Jan 07, 2022
Tennessee85:
Nope. They started returning long before slavery was abolished in Brazil in 1888.
oh okay...
Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Huracio(m): 3:13pm On Jan 07, 2022
Tennessee85:
Lol, let the Awori Idejo white cap chiefs catch you claiming that Benin descendants own Lagos Islands. Even the Oba of Lagos is a descendant of Alaagba, the Ijesha priest of Oba Akinshemoyin. Stop making spurious claims o.
wow I think I need to learn more, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Tennessee85: 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2022
placeofallure:

Awww! Did you do History in school? Samuel Ajayi Crowther was a slave boy who got favour from his master and was freed. Hence he was able to return and be useful for motherland.
Samuel Crowther was never a "slave boy" in the truest sense of the word, and was never "freed" by any master. Crowther was one of the fortunate Emancipated or Liberated Africans (who were taken to Sierra Leone) that got rescued from South America-bound slave ships by the anti-slavery British Naval Squadron that patrolled the West African coasts. And you were asking me if I did History in school? Irony is dead!

1 Like

Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Nisiw365: 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2022
Tennessee85:
You don't know what the hell you're talking about. If I told you to cite a reputable source to prove that most returnees are Awori and Egun now, you'll start beating about the bush. The returnees - both the Sierra Leoneans (Saros) and Brazilians (Aguda/Amaro) were from the hinterland of Yorubaland who only chose to resettle in Lagos for convenience. The Placido Assumpcaos (Alakija) were originally from Ikija in Abeokuta, the Da Rochas were originally from Ilesha etc. Stop disseminating erroneous, ahistorical information.
slaves where taking from most parts of yorvbaland. Was only responding to the person who said he shares history with ajayi crowtherc
Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by TwocardsAQiang: 3:27pm On Jan 07, 2022
Buying gift cards with sweet rate
eBay ✅
Google Play ✅
Steam Wallet ✅
iTunes Gift card ✅
Apple Store Gift card ✅
Sephora ✅
Vanilla VISA ✅
Nike gift card ✅
Walmart Gift card ✅
American Express ✅
macy's Target xbox ✅
B tc ✅❤️

#SEND

GOOD RATE Assured ✅✅
I can pay ₦ & ₵ and other payment methods.
Free consultation What s app +852 9753 2661

Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by rickyrex(m): 3:51pm On Jan 07, 2022
Reality3080:
well done
don't make me believe that you've already sow your soul to godfatherism. Bros change am oh if e be like that
Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by GuntersChain(m): 3:57pm On Jan 07, 2022
Which of the south west state is he from, since lagos is governed by outsiders.
Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Sakasitay(m): 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2022
Christane:

Some Lagosians, especially from the Badagry area, have ancestors who were ex-slaves from the Americas. When those ancestors returned, they retained their new surnames. Some examples include those families with surnames like: Pedro, da Silva, Crowther, Haastrup etc.
Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Sakasitay(m): 4:19pm On Jan 07, 2022
If these candidates were serious, then they would have to start their opposition/campaign earlier than one year before the general elections.

That has always been the challenge of PDP in Lagos State. The election cannot be won without investing time in it.
Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by youngblaq: 4:23pm On Jan 07, 2022
Tennessee85:
Many Yoruba people from Lagos bear Portuguese surnames na. How are you just being aware of this?
Well..i guessed i decided to be a bit nosy today.
Re: Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 by Reality3080: 4:24pm On Jan 07, 2022
rickyrex:
don't make me believe that you've already sow your soul to godfatherism. Bros change am oh if e be like that
don't b stupid,rooting for your candidate doesn't mean u have sold your soul.

Grow up from all these emotional blackmail

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Fulanis And 80 Cows Killed In Nasarawa / FG Gives 29 Civil Servants Television Sets For Hard Work / Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.