Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 (10832 Views)

NRC To Start Trip On Aba-Port Harcourt, Lagos-Kano-Kaduna By Second Quarter / Second Niger Bridge Now 95% Complete, To Be Opened December 2022 (video) / Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by ItsTutsi(m): 6:13pm On Jan 04, 2022
The Federal Government has expressed optimism that the Kano-Kaduna railway will be completed and ready for inauguration in Dec. 2022.

Mr Rotimi Amaechi, the Minister of Transportation, while inspecting the level of progress on the project in Kano, said that it would be commissioned before President Muhammadu Buhari leaves officer.

Amaechi noted that so far, the Federal Government had invested more than 400 million dollars for the actualisation of the project.

The minister, however, urged the facilitator of the project, the CCECC, to increase the number of equipment and personnel on site in order to ensure the deadline was met.

“We are here basically to find out whether these guys have commenced work and how far they have gone.

“This is because they have a target of completing this thing at the end of next year or in the first quarter,’’ he said.

According to him, the cabinet decided that instead of a single track recommended by China, we should continue with the double track we had done on Lagos-Ibadan.

“And the cabinet is bigger than me, I cannot overrule neither can the Chinese contractor also overrule. Luckily for us, they are doing the formation as double track, so we will just include the track laying to conclude the contract.

“This will certainly affect the cost in terms of just the track but not the civil works.’’

“Before we started, we made sure everybody has been paid before we even started clearing and that is the first item on implementation strategy of the work.

“That you must first pay the owners of the land, so they don’t come and disturb you when working,’’ Amaechi explained.

The minister then restated that the motive for the construction of the rail project was not for political interest.

“I have told people , don’t politicise railway project, don’t make it look as if there are political motive behind the construction.

“The essence of railway construction is to grow the economy,’’ he added.

The 284km standard gauge railway line is designed to have 15 stations, traverse Kano-Dambatta-Kazaure-Daura-Mashi-katsina-Jibiya-Maradi and would pass close to major cities, towns and villages.

The 15 stations comprise two main stations in Kano and Katsina, three medium stations in Kazaure, Daura and Jibiya, three small stations in Shagalle, Dambatta and Mashi, with other Halt stations at the Airport, Kunya Dube, Muduru, Daddara, Anoal Mata and Maradi.

Upon completion, the project would facilitate public transportation, stimulate the development of the agricultural economy, manufacturing industries along the corridor and reduce the cost.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/12/31/fg-to-inaugurate-kano-kaduna-railway-dec-2022/?amp=1

7 Likes

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by Xscape1993(m): 6:15pm On Jan 04, 2022
Keep borrowing for elephant projects.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by slawormiir: 10:40pm On Jan 04, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....
Lets see how it goes

Nairaland mods should be updating front page just like this late into the night

So that we niggarrrrs into keyboarding and bombing can always comment on first page because we don't sleep at night

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by ShadowWalker00(m): 10:40pm On Jan 04, 2022
Our man come 2023.

A true Lagos indigene.

A bridge builder, a politically sound man, a youth.

Hakeem Muri Okunola on your mandate I stand cheesy.

A no-nonsense administrator, his records as head of state service speaks for itself.

2023 incoming Lagos State governor. cool

Sanwo-olu the stooge will be sent parking, Muri-Okunola owns Sanwo-olu.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/06/20/whos-after-hakeem-muri-okunola-governorship-ambition-rumour-gains-ground/

1 Like

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by donproject2(m): 10:40pm On Jan 04, 2022
Please I need anyone who has used other African countries' home address to seek for admission into schools in Germany.

I applied for a graduate study in one of the schools in Germany and I was given an admission recently. The thing is, I used an address in Cote d'Ivoire because of the reluctance of most German schools to give anyone coming directly from Nigeria an appointment.

I want to please know if I will need to translate my documents that I will present at the German embassy in Cote d'Ivoire during the time I will be processing my visa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by Educaller: 10:40pm On Jan 04, 2022
Nice one

1 Like

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by nograv: 10:41pm On Jan 04, 2022
2 more years left of this government..

cant wait till it is over...

1 Like

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by oscaruzie(m): 10:41pm On Jan 04, 2022
the grill guy is probably about to laud his darling government...lol, honestly ehn, the manna dude never fails to crack me up grin grin grin

oh, probably an impostor...all the same, the dude is somewhat close to a court joker, you know, like in the medieval days...

4 Likes

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by God1000(m): 10:41pm On Jan 04, 2022
Is that what they are using Chinese loan to do?
Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by ShadowWalker00(m): 10:42pm On Jan 04, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
You this failed Uniben cultist cum online fraudster, hands go soon touch you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 04, 2022
Dorime….
Kano- Kaduna —-I see
Kaduna- Abuja— I see
Any in the SS? SE?
Lagos—PortHarcourt?
Enugu—PortHarcourt?
Lagos—Akure?

The irony is that the man in charge of these projects is from the south. Or is he just a puppet?

Shebi meka tamoa

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by Realestatevixen: 10:43pm On Jan 04, 2022
Ok
Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by Brendaniel: 10:43pm On Jan 04, 2022
In order of priority, what Nigeria needs now is not railway, it's like going to build shoprite in sambisa...
Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by chloride6: 10:43pm On Jan 04, 2022
We need to apply pressure ooh .

Ibadan-Osogbo-Ilorin is just 200km..

Kaduna to Kano is over 300km..

3 Likes

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by GboyegaD(m): 10:43pm On Jan 04, 2022
Us there any federal rail project outside the North West region?

1 Like

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by BAZ001: 10:44pm On Jan 04, 2022
When will dey inaugurate or build
Lagos - portHarcourt
or
Kano - Lagos
Or PHC to Kano

Na so so north Amechi APC dey build
Well done

1 Like

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by iwaeda: 10:44pm On Jan 04, 2022
Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 04, 2022
Nice one

1 Like

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by Bayaar02(m): 10:45pm On Jan 04, 2022
Great news if true...
Next pls!
Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by Dubetex96(m): 10:48pm On Jan 04, 2022
Constructing rail ways is for the north who barely bring anything to the table. Mteeew

2 Likes

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by Golan007: 10:48pm On Jan 04, 2022
Xscape1993:

It's paining you but first thing you do when you manage to go abroad is snapping pictures of you in the cabin of a train.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:48pm On Jan 04, 2022
Good development

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2022
Wow interesting

4 Likes

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by Dubetex96(m): 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2022
BAZ001:
When will dey inaugurate or build
Lagos - portHarcourt
or
Kano - Lagos
Or PHC to Kano

Na so so north Amechi APC dey build
Well done

One Nigeria brother

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2022
Xscape1993:
Na dem.
They hate developments.
They even hate themselves.
No good news ever make them happy.

You just have to Pity them.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by adamsmith914: 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2022
Xscape1993:
Which one did your state build with the money they borrowed? Oh I forgot, they used it to pay your parents salary?

3 Likes

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:52pm On Jan 04, 2022
donproject2:
Please I need anyone who has used other African countries' home address to seek for admission into schools in Germany.

I applied for a graduate study in one of the schools in Germany and I was given an admission recently. The thing is, I used an address in Cote d'Ivoire because of the reluctance of most German schools to give anyone coming directly from Nigeria an appointment.

I want to please know if I will need to translate my documents that I will present at the German embassy in Cote d'Ivoire during the time I will be processing my visa
Chai, has it gone this bad?
The fraudulent animals out there into all manner of crimes have soiled the name of our darling nation patapata.

HushBingo, Obi Invi whatever and all other criminals, fraudsters, drug Lord's and Drug Queens, all of una no go end well in life o.
No ne curse,
Na FACT!

Look at how they have Make life difficult for hardworking and honest Nigerians out there.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by adamsmith914: 10:52pm On Jan 04, 2022
post=109087063:

Na dem.
They hate developments.
They even hate themselves.
No good news ever make them happy.

You just have to Pity them.
Enemies of progress, please go & hide your face in Shame, you couldn’t help yourself, you had to enter the Kano Kaduna railway thread to wail? Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by philip0906(m): 10:52pm On Jan 04, 2022
Lol…Strategic 2023 campaign venture, to sway the Kano-Kaduna demographic.
Re: FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:53pm On Jan 04, 2022
adamsmith914:
Enemies of progress, please go & hide your face in Shame
Na dem,
E pain am.

May Amadioha and Sango do collabo headbutt and wound all enemies of progress in Nigeria.
All enemies of Nigeria will be visited by doomsday pretty soon.
None of them will be alive to witness the good of this land.
All supporters of criminals, terrorists, blood and deaths will never end well in this country.

Now, Say AMEN kiddo

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Concern Over Uk Spousal Visa - Very Urgent / Schengen Visa Not Used / Man Crushed To Death In Anambra Road Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.