Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,113 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide (4666 Views)

Who Do We Blame When People Do This On The Street? (PHOTOS) / Life Of A Yahoo Boy: Man Reveals Why People Do Yahoo Plus / Nneka Obazee: Lesbian Meant To Be Deported To Nigeria Tries To Commit Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Jokerman(m): 12:09pm On Jan 05, 2022
Keep trusting God my brother.... there's nothing to difficult fir God to do.... The children alone are souces of Joy ..... Also try to engage in property sales as per time hustle....

1 Like

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by jesmond3945: 12:38pm On Jan 05, 2022
Sirlancelot:
Hi pals,this is not a right platform to drop this but won't mind sharing this.Just barely 2 years ago,I got married to my wife and God blessed me with beatiful twin boys of almost one year now.I have been managing life back and forth after many unsuccessful attempts to get a gainful employment ever since I finished my degree in 2015.
I have done many odd jobs like security guard, cleaners all this while just to put food on my table but it's not really enough.Just last year I joined one of this freight company in lagos as dispatch rider which have been really helpful in putting food on my table all these months. I thank God for that opportunities.
Now what really warrant this write up was that I went to deliver an order at a popular restaurants in Lekki to a customer but the client turn out to be my secodary mate whom I last saw 12 years ago.The sadest part is that the guy just ignore me.Very true,my cloth looks dusty and unkempt due to nature of my job.I guess he does not want to associate with failures amidst his friend around the restaurant.
My soul left me that moment,I don't even know how I got home.I think suicide is only for the weak but no,the brave also have a fair share.Life is really not fair out here.
Four months ago ,I lost my mum to high blood pressure. Painfully I can't take her to morgue for embalmed till she start bloating before we decide where to bury her.See ehe,this experience I just encountered with my old class mate break me totally.
I have never feel suicidal like this all my life.The only strength that keeps me alive is my two boys am seeing everyday .At 32 years,my only achievements is my children.Omo life can be funny.I know people have story to tell,but getting an interactive encouragement from you guys can do much.
brother I am sorry about how you feel. You are just depressed. Is it possible to own your dispatch business. You can partner with restaurants to deliver to their customers. Forget about that your friend. Somebody you saw 12 years ago is no longer the same person again. Unless you guys are in the same whatsapp group. He doesnt matter. You would make money, trust me. Dont give up. Who said your only achievements are your kids? Your achievements is the value your create and not the material things you acquire. Value brings riches depending on the society. A society like Nigeria, music, religion, ethnicity are more valuable to us than science and technology. However, trust me God will take you higher. Just try and own a dispatch so that you spend more energy working for yourself than working for others.

2 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Sirlancelot(m): 12:48pm On Jan 05, 2022
Having kids not necessarily am achievement but they gives me joy and hope for living.
Conner44:

My 16 year old cousin knocked up a girl in his school and she’s pregnant for him

According to op and numerous Nigerians the boy has an achievement now and his mates should be envious of him for it grin

Our people’s mentality needs to be upgraded
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Olumighty123(m): 12:56pm On Jan 05, 2022
I hope you know alot of your secondary school friends are far behind you? So as some are ahead of you, that's life. Keep your head high and it's going to get better in no time.

2 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by dettolgel: 1:55pm On Jan 05, 2022
Conner44:

My 16 year old cousin knocked up a girl in his school and she’s pregnant for him

According to op and numerous Nigerians the boy has an achievement now and his mates should be envious of him for it grin

Our people’s mentality needs to be upgraded

The thing tire me ooh. They need serious upgrade. I really don't know why people think that having children is an achievement?

The main task is to provide for those children that is the real work ooh.

2 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by patosky55(m): 2:02pm On Jan 05, 2022
sometimes I think that dying is the end of life but as things stands for me now, joblessness is worse than death sometimes, when u wake up and nothing to do after graduating from school, HND civil engineering from a federal polytechnic, I have never contemplated suicide but seriously I am not happy, I can't sleep and nothing gives me joy, its hell for me here, what I explained here is exactly the condition I am now. life is not fair, at 31 bring first son and nothing to show.
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by patosky55(m): 2:03pm On Jan 05, 2022
Sirlancelot:
Hi pals,this is not a right platform to drop this but won't mind sharing this.Just barely 2 years ago,I got married to my wife and God blessed me with beatiful twin boys of almost one year now.I have been managing life back and forth after many unsuccessful attempts to get a gainful employment ever since I finished my degree in 2015.
I have done many odd jobs like security guard, cleaners all this while just to put food on my table but it's not really enough.Just last year I joined one of this freight company in lagos as dispatch rider which have been really helpful in putting food on my table all these months. I thank God for that opportunities.
Now what really warrant this write up was that I went to deliver an order at a popular restaurants in Lekki to a customer but the client turn out to be my secodary mate whom I last saw 12 years ago.The sadest part is that the guy just ignore me.Very true,my cloth looks dusty and unkempt due to nature of my job.I guess he does not want to associate with failures amidst his friend around the restaurant.
My soul left me that moment,I don't even know how I got home.I think suicide is only for the weak but no,the brave also have a fair share.Life is really not fair out here.
Four months ago ,I lost my mum to high blood pressure. Painfully I can't take her to morgue for embalmed till she start bloating before we decide where to bury her.See ehe,this experience I just encountered with my old class mate break me totally.
I have never feel suicidal like this all my life.The only strength that keeps me alive is my two boys am seeing everyday .At 32 years,my only achievements is my children.Omo life can be funny.I know people have story to tell,but getting an interactive encouragement from you guys can do much.
sometimes I think that dying is the end of life but as things stands for me now, joblessness is worse than death sometimes, when u wake up and nothing to do after graduating from school, HND civil engineering from a federal polytechnic, I have never contemplated suicide but seriously I am not happy, I can't sleep and nothing gives me joy, its hell for me here, what I explained here is exactly the condition I am now. life is not fair, at 31 bring first son and nothing to show.
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by patosky55(m): 2:04pm On Jan 05, 2022
omoplaycool:
I've been thinking of the right thing to say to you and can't seem to come up with any. I guess I'll just be true to you .. Thank God for your two boys and I won't be fair if I don't tell you how much of a strong man you are May God's Mercy continue to speak for you from today henceforth.. Please drop your digit and bank name.. It might be small but I know other nairalnders will assist
Soon you'll look back and say ,"I remember when things were hard"
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Graxie(f): 2:57pm On Jan 05, 2022
Op, marrying and taking care of your family is an achievement. Having children is an achievement.

Don't bother arguing with those that wants to sound woke. That a mad woman have a child and sees it as nothing doesn't mean the same for everyone. People ideas about achievements differ.

Some people don't see sky crappers as achievements while some see village hut as achievement.

My brother your children and family is an achievement for you. Many people are aborting theirs, denying them and even humiliating them.

If you care to know, stroll into any IVF clinic and see the number of people queuing for children. Don't allow nairaland oso chi egbu group deny you of the peace you get from seeing your children.

You have done so much for yourself, so many people are even praying to be where you are.

When you find yourself in a society that worship money like ours, you need to stand your ground in celebrating your OWN achievements per time.

Shalom.

7 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 05, 2022
michael77777:
they don buy iphone finish, buy Benz finish, now they wan do class reunion......for my sanity's sake, I no go come!!!!

They are looking for who to oppress cheesy
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by ibechris(m): 3:32pm On Jan 05, 2022
My brother this ur story is very touching and I am sure every one of us learnt a lesson from the input of everyone who has contributed their points.

Personally,I am 38years of age and I left my parents immediately I clocked 20 and after graduation I went to Abuja to stay with paternal cousin who was nice to me including the wife but as looking for employment became tougher, one day,my cousins wife told me that people who bear my kind of name can never make it in life. That I should ask myself if i have seen one rich man in Nigeria that bears my kind of name.

Do u know what,I swiftly defended my name and I told her,that I am sure I share no similar destiny with the ones who didn't make it but that time would tell.
I felt so bad for several days and nights and even lost appetite for food.

Today,the story has drastically changed and when I got married and got my apartment,she refused to come over to visit me out of shame. And i thank God for what i have become today.

Advice:
Do not underestimate your ability to succeed in life. It is not by their actions nor words that would determine how well u will be...but by your actions and determination,u will be what u have set up for yourself. Seeing school mates doing so well should lift your spirit to become great despite the fact that such disposition is worth making one depressed for days. I am sure u will tell your story tomorrow for good.

Good luck to u.

7 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by FunnyDude(m): 4:28pm On Jan 05, 2022
Op you're greedy
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Abyjah: 4:33pm On Jan 05, 2022
FunnyDude:
Op you're greedy
Op is human...so it's nature.

1 Like

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by FunnyDude(m): 4:58pm On Jan 05, 2022
Abyjah:
Op is human...so it's nature.
Heck! Alot of people are in worse condition but they keep thanking God and hoping for better tomorrow.

At 31 he is complaining of life achievement. What will he do when he get to 60
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Abyjah: 5:04pm On Jan 05, 2022
FunnyDude:

Heck! Alot of people are in worse condition but they keep thanking God and hoping for better tomorrow.

At 31 he is complaining of life achievement. What will he do when he get to 60
What triggered his complaint, sir? The snubbery of an acqauintance. Was that his first time to see people doing better than himself or people in fancy restaurants? No.

"The wound by a friend is more painful than that of a stranger."

I tend to avoid my equals whom we started together but that have gone ahead of me. Not that I like hiding nor hate them. The thing is psychological. A sort of thick gloom hangs over me after such encounters.

One thing is sure though, op is ingrained with potential for great things somewhere in his subconscious. Reason for this deprssion similar to crying.

People cry when things that happen to others wake up something within them that knows it's possible in their lives too. It's why people cry at weddings and burials etc.

I cried so much in 2008 while watching the tv during the inauguration of Barak Obama as the first black president in mighty America. Seeds of greatness in me were crying out to the one it beheld blooming luxuriantly.

Maybe someday I'll be president, too grin grin grin. Please excuse my lengthy epistle if you will. Bored and depressed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by FunnyDude(m): 5:14pm On Jan 05, 2022
Abyjah:
What triggered his complaint, sir? The snubbery of an acqauintance. Was that his first time to see people doing better than himself or people in a restaurant? No.

The wound by a friend is more painful than that of a stranger.

He has low self esteem
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Sirlancelot(m): 7:15pm On Jan 05, 2022
Wow ,pls are you a psychologist?Too eloquent.
Abyjah:
What triggered his complaint, sir? The snubbery of an acqauintance. Was that his first time to see people doing better than himself or people in fancy restaurants? No.

"The wound by a friend is more painful than that of a stranger."

I tend to avoid my equals whom we started together but that have gone ahead of me. Not that I like hiding nor hate them. The thing is psychological. A sort of thick gloom hangs over me after such encounters.

One thing is sure though, op is ingrained with potential for great things somewhere in his subconscious. Reason for this deprssion similar to crying.

People cry when things that happen to others wake up something within them that knows it's possible in their lives too. It's why people cry at weddings and burials etc.

I cried so much in 2008 while watching the tv during the inauguration of Barak Obama as the first black president in mighty America. Seeds of greatness in me was crying out to the one it beheld blooming luxuriantly.

Maybe someday I'll be president, too grin grin grin. Please excuse my lengthy epistle if you will. Bored and depressed.
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Daxyd4realzy(m): 7:20pm On Jan 05, 2022
In life, I have learnt to be thankful and grateful to God in all situations because, when there is life, there is hope. Keep praying and working smart. It is well brother.

2 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Sirlancelot(m): 7:20pm On Jan 05, 2022
I do not really have low self esteem. Guess you have never gone that path before.It eats beyond anything psychological. You keep trying, yet never enoughto survive life. Can you imagine at a point my mum died,I can't foot the bill of medicals ambulance to convey her to burial ground!
You have never been there before. My old school mate that snubbed me due to my poor life gave me huge uppercut greater than even the loss of my mum.
I pray you never experience half of what I passed through.
FunnyDude:

He has low self esteem

4 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Abyjah: 7:20pm On Jan 05, 2022
Sirlancelot:
Wow ,pls are you a psychologist?Too eloquent.
Not at all, just my observations.
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by chival(f): 9:28pm On Jan 05, 2022
Sirlancelot:
Let the poor treatment you got from your classmate propel you to work harder. At 32, you have your whole life ahead of you. Sit down and recalibrate. What can you do? What do you have a passion for? What talent do you have? Develop these. Set goals and pursue them aggressively. Above all, have an attitude of heartfelt gratitude all the time. You saw a well to do classmate, but in the same vein, you have others who are in worse situations than you are. Be grateful, work hard, be honest and you will win.
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Leoleo1(m): 12:09am On Jan 06, 2022
Bro your story quite relatable and touching at the same time. The last thing you should do is despair. I've been there too. Who says men don't cry? Keep ur head up

Sirlancelot:
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Conner44: 12:09am On Jan 06, 2022
Sirlancelot:
Having kids not necessarily am achievement but they gives me joy and hope for living.

That’s what people call ‘A WILL TO LIVE‘ and everybody must have one to be able to stay alive. It could be anything to anyone.

To a pastor it could be his pulpit, to a footballer it might be his legs and to a sweet sixteen it may be her boyfriend but the underlying fact is that once you lose your will to live you’d never value life unless you find another way of making your life worth living again.

Never confuse achievements as being the same thing as a will to live. Even billionaires have committed suicide even with all their houses, businesses, cars, wives and kids. Yes they had it all right until they lost their own will to live.

There are also cases of parents dying of heartbreak after the passing of a child but these are usually attributable to aged parents with underlying health issues.

You’re still a young man with at least 50 more years to live on earth granted you’re blessed with good health so why having suicidal thoughts when you are just starting to get into what life is all about? This journey called life is indeed a very simple one , we’re the ones who make it harder for ourselves as time goes by with the type of life we choose to live and decisions we make.

Living things have a pattern to life. They’re born, they grow, reproduce and die. It’s natural and shouldn’t be viewed as an achievement.

Achievements are supposed to be the extraordinary things we do with our ordinary lives. Even if you feel that you have no achievements just know that your life is still a blank slate at 30 years old and you still have ample opportunities for creating achievements till you pass away naturally

Wipe away thoughts of suicide from your head and focus on what’s really important in your life. Don’t be cowardly and selfish

2 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Leoleo1(m): 12:12am On Jan 06, 2022
Amazing comment

Graxie:
Op, marrying and taking care of your family is an achievement. Having children is an achievement.

Don't bother arguing with those that wants to sound woke. That a mad woman have a child and sees it as nothing doesn't mean the same for everyone. People ideas about achievements differ.

Some people don't see sky crappers as achievements while some see village hut as achievement.

My brother your children and family is an achievement for you. Many people are aborting theirs, denying them and even humiliating them.

If you care to know, stroll into any IVF clinic and see the number of people queuing for children. Don't allow nairaland oso chi egbu group deny you of the peace you get from seeing your children.

You have done so much for yourself, so many people are even praying to be where you are.

When you find yourself in a society that worship money like ours, you need to stand your ground in celebrating your OWN achievements per time.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Emmanuel909090: 12:37am On Jan 06, 2022
I can relate, be strong.
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by arthurwillia(m): 12:39am On Jan 06, 2022
Sirlancelot:

Omo even me at 27 I feel so bad for myself, no marriage no achievement
I just Dey
I just DEy console myself with all the achievements will not matter again after death
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 06, 2022
You may just be overthinking things your classmate may just not remember who you are. Even if he was snubbing it is really on him, perhaps we was anticipating you begging him for financial assistance.
So had he been welcoming and friendly, you would have felt better about your achievements in life?
Keep working hard and taking opportunities is all you can do.
Sirlancelot:
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by kay9(m): 1:20pm On Jan 23, 2022
FunnyDude:

He has low self esteem

I'm sorry for you, dude. Are you bitter? Jealous? Or offended that people have empathy for him? I'm just wondering, cos nothing warrants the careless way you have just described your fellow man.

If i may paraphrase Wizkid, please carry your bad energy and go very far away.

2 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by kay9(m): 2:03pm On Jan 23, 2022
Peace.

1 Like

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Truvelisback(m): 4:02pm On Jan 23, 2022
LIFE

L= Life
I= Isn't
F= Fvcking
E= Easy
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Meteng: 4:16pm On Jan 23, 2022
I have two sweet boys, when life goes tough on me, like it always does, they're what keeps my hope alive, not even the mother because I know she can get married at any moment, if I go. Now, my understanding that what those boy may pass through if I die is what I hold on to. Hold on for their sake, and remember, no one will and can take care of them if you're gone. The future is bright bro
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by bigpicture001: 4:30pm On Jan 23, 2022
@ OP u shld always know that in every crate if egg there is usually one in bad condition, so don't take my response to heart but take them serious for ur children sake....

Now this is it.. for me, I blame u for being this pathetic and poor, u graduated from skl just in 2015.. at probably 24... U searched for job and didn't see.. and instead of u to start the gradual but sure life build up, u fell for women and thier trick of "don't worry, we will manage" now u are stuck ..

A lot of decision u can't take anymore cuz you will think about consequence on ur family..

If u needed to travel outside your state to go learn a skill for 5months without being paid above 10k monthly for upkeep, u won't do it.. cuz of the family

What u shld have done is stick to a plan.. and keep fighting and fighting relate with ladies that can only better ur life, and from there u start to climb the ladder... I was hoping to hear a story worse than my situation years back, but I didn't.. av not made it.. but now earn some good money cuz I wouldn't give up or giv in to those ladies and their trick..

Anyways God be with u...

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am Tempted To Deal With This Aunty Always Coming To My Place / My Wife Slapped Me ( 'cos We Are In America ) / Kosovo: A Gunrunners’ Paradise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.