Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies (1168 Views)

Northern Youths Protest Killing Of Cows, Herder By Gunmen In Abia (Video) / IPOB Bans Rearing, Consumption Of Cows In South-Eastern Nigeria / Amotekun Arrests Hundreds Of Cows In Ondo (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 05, 2022
The Indigenous People of Biafra, through its Media and Publicity Secretary, Mr Emma Powerful, has confirmed that the group had banned recitation of the Nigerian national anthem in schools in the South-East region.

The PUNCH had already reported on Monday that IPOB, apart from banning the national anthem in schools, also banned the use of Fulani cows during festive seasons in the region.

Speaking with our correspondent on Tuesday, Powerful said the order came from the “head of directorate and leadership of the group as led by Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.”

Powerful, however, explained that he would expatiate with further details more information as regards the directive on Tuesday.

Powerful, who denied the group’s involvement in the killings and kidnappings of some monarchs in the South-East, said “shedding of blood” is not included in their mandate, but rather, the emancipation of its people from slavery.

He said, “Yes, our head of directorate and leadership made it so that Nigeria national anthem should be banned in schools including the use of Fulani cows during festive season.

“We will work out mechanisms to ensure compliance in a non-violent manner. We are freedom fighters working for the emancipation of our people from slavery as led by our leader, MNK. We are not a violent or terrorist group.

“We are putting heads together for a more robust deliberation and before the end of the day, further details would be put out in the public domain.

“This campaign will be tagged the ‘Prisoner of conscience campaign’ and all IPOB family members, Biafrans and friends of Biafra are expected to key into this campaign.”

https://punchng.com/ipob-confirms-banning-national-anthem-use-of-cows-at-ceremonies/

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by BigSarah(f): 8:19am On Jan 05, 2022
Jokers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by butterfly777(m): 8:19am On Jan 05, 2022
Good one.
I'm in support of this.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by Reality3080: 8:21am On Jan 05, 2022
These people are just shooting themselves in the foot,they act b4 they think n when it's time to face d repercussions of their actions they start calling USA.

The question is can USA allow this on their land?

I guess ipob will b d ones paying those staffs cos I can't believe they want d government to b paying the staffs whereas they want them to stop singing national anthem

Now ipob don make rule now,if anything happens to school children they will deny it.

The thing is one must b cautious of words he/she utters,now they have talked n an opponent can kill school children singing national anthem n tag ipob.

I guess parents whose wards are attending government schools should b careful cos either ipob or any opponent can use their children to count scores

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by Hangmnk: 8:21am On Jan 05, 2022
Lol. Attention seeking, mburu miri flesh eating child factory products, think highly of themselves. IPOB =

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by Hangmnk: 8:21am On Jan 05, 2022
Igbos
Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by jeffizy(m): 8:23am On Jan 05, 2022
It's okay to make demands.

But another thing is the effectiveness of such demands.

Is there another alternative to the cow boycott?

Do the school children know any other anthem?

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by ivolt: 8:24am On Jan 05, 2022
enforcers
Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by Vistra40: 8:24am On Jan 05, 2022
Leaving the most important things and chasing shadows
Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by adecz: 8:28am On Jan 05, 2022
undecided

As dem ban cows, las , las na
donkeys & horses go suffer am . ❌❌ grin

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by tsinzu: 8:31am On Jan 05, 2022
Nigeria doesn't have a national anthem but a zoo anthem. Nigeria is not a nation, it is a Zoo.
Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by Reality3080: 8:34am On Jan 05, 2022
tsinzu:
Nigeria doesn't have a national anthem but a zoo anthem. Nigeria is not a nation, it is a Zoo.
u live in d zoo n your parents,what does that makes U?

ANIMALS.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by adamsmith914: 8:38am On Jan 05, 2022
butterfly777:
Good one.
I'm in support of this.
Wouldn’t expect anything different from a Cameroonian.
Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by adamsmith914: 8:39am On Jan 05, 2022
tsinzu:
Ok @ least the Zoo is better than a jungle that doesn’t exist? If I am lying recite the Biafran Peoples anthem?

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by Simdyofficial(f): 8:39am On Jan 05, 2022
Anything to restructure Nigeria is welcomed... We can never live in unity.. Igbos are the only tribe in the world that can adapt to any environment.. Stupid people don't want to let go. Don't know why they are afraid grin

1 Like

Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by tsinzu: 8:40am On Jan 05, 2022
Reality3080:
u live in d zoo n your parents,what does that makes U?

ANIMALS.

I don't live in that zoo of yours, the day I left that zoo was one of the happiest days of my life.
Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by adamsmith914: 8:43am On Jan 05, 2022
Simdyofficial:
Anything to restructure Nigeria is welcomed... We can never live in unity.. Igbos are the only tribe in the world that can adapt to any environment.. Stupid people don't want to let go. Don't know why they are afraid grin
Stop chasing shadows & start by restructuring Abia, Imo, Ebonyi, Enugu & Anambra, Charity they say begins @ home.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by adamsmith914: 8:43am On Jan 05, 2022
tsinzu:

I don't live in that zoo of yours, the day I left that zoo was one of the happiest days of my life.
But your parents live in the Zoo, & you were born in the Enugu Zoo? ODB once told us, welcome to the Brooklyn Zoo New York.

You can take any animal away from the Zoo as a domestic pet, doesn’t change the fact that it still remains an animal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 05, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
The Indigenous People of Biafra, through its Media and Publicity Secretary, Mr Emma Powerful, has confirmed that the group had banned recitation of the Nigerian national anthem in schools in the South-East region.

The PUNCH had already reported on Monday that IPOB, apart from banning the national anthem in schools, also banned the use of Fulani cows during festive seasons in the region.

Speaking with our correspondent on Tuesday, Powerful said the order came from the “head of directorate and leadership of the group as led by Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.”

Powerful, however, explained that he would expatiate with further details more information as regards the directive on Tuesday.

Powerful, who denied the group’s involvement in the killings and kidnappings of some monarchs in the South-East, said “shedding of blood” is not included in their mandate, but rather, the emancipation of its people from slavery.

He said, “Yes, our head of directorate and leadership made it so that Nigeria national anthem should be banned in schools including the use of Fulani cows during festive season.

“We will work out mechanisms to ensure compliance in a non-violent manner. We are freedom fighters working for the emancipation of our people from slavery as led by our leader, MNK. We are not a violent or terrorist group.

“We are putting heads together for a more robust deliberation and before the end of the day, further details would be put out in the public domain.

“This campaign will be tagged the ‘Prisoner of conscience campaign’ and all IPOB family members, Biafrans and friends of Biafra are expected to key into this campaign.”

https://punchng.com/ipob-confirms-banning-national-anthem-use-of-cows-at-ceremonies/

Stop taking this jokers serious. People are killing cow day and night.

Their propaganda starts and ends online.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by tsinzu: 8:48am On Jan 05, 2022
adamsmith914:
Ok @ least the Zoo is better than a jungle that doesn’t exist? If I am lying recite the Biafran Peoples anthem?
Biafra very much exists, it is much more than a country, it's a people and they are everywhere around you. The Biafran National anthem is very beautiful too;

"Land of the rising sun, we love and cherish,
Beloved homeland of our brave heroes;
We must defend our lives or we shall perish,
We shall protect our lives from all our foes;
But if the price is death for all we hold dear,
Then let us die without a shred of fear.

Hail to Biafra, consecrated nation,
O fatherland, this be our solemn pledge:

Defending thee shall be a dedication,
Spilling our blood we’ll count a privilege;

The waving standard which emboldens the free
Shall always be our flag of liberty.
"
Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by adekolaelect(m): 8:49am On Jan 05, 2022
Baning Fulani cows ,what of � Goats and other thing ? Why do you failed to ban Nigeria / zoo currencies ? I think this will show the level of your seriousness. Another Gunmen activities on the way in the name of enforcement.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by adamsmith914: 8:51am On Jan 05, 2022
tsinzu:

Biafra very much exists, it is much more than a country, it's a people and they are everywhere around you. The Biafran National anthem is very beautiful too;

"Land of the rising sun, we love and cherish,
Beloved homeland of our brave heroes;
We must defend our lives or we shall perish,
We shall protect our lives from all our foes;
But if the price is death for all we hold dear,
Then let us die without a shred of fear.

Hail to Biafra, consecrated nation,
O fatherland, this be our solemn pledge:

Defending thee shall be a dedication,
Spilling our blood we’ll count a privilege;

The waving standard which emboldens the free
Shall always be our flag of liberty.
"
Please some smoking drugs, it has eaten whatever you have left of your brain cells.

No wonder you are stricken with poverty, a Mumu chasing shadows.

Tomorrow you will be shedding crocodile tears that it is Hausa Fulani that made you waste your life chasing an illusion?

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by tsinzu: 8:54am On Jan 05, 2022
adamsmith914:
But your parents live in the Zoo, & you were born in the Enugu Zoo? ODB once told us, welcome to the Brooklyn Zoo New York.

You can take any animal away from the Zoo as a domestic pet, doesn’t change the fact that it still remains an animal.
My parents are in heaven and Enugu is not part of your zoo. It's only being occupied by zoo forces and it will be liberated in due time. As for the bolded part of your comment, you're very correct because you are a perfect example of that.
Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by adamsmith914: 8:55am On Jan 05, 2022
MelesZenawi:

Stop taking this jokers serious. People are killing cow day and night.

Their propaganda starts and ends online.
Can ipob afford a single cow without fund raising? Useless Peasants.

They should go and meet Obi Cubana after causing shortage of Malu in Eastern Nigeria after his mother’s burial.
Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by tsinzu: 8:56am On Jan 05, 2022
adamsmith914:
Please some smoking drugs, it has eaten whatever you have left of your brain cells.

No wonder you are stricken with poverty, a Mumu chasing shadows.

Tomorrow you will be shedding crocodile tears that it is Hausa Fulani that made you waste your life chasing an illusion?
Spoken like a true zoo animal, mockery and derision has always been the first weapon of choice of the inconsequential zoo animal.
Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by adamsmith914: 8:58am On Jan 05, 2022
tsinzu:

My parents are in heaven and Enugu is not part of your zoo. It's only being occupied by zoo forces and it will be liberated in due time. As for the bolded part of your comment, you're very correct because you are a perfect example of that.
I accept reality of wherever I find myself, unlike a gorilla from Africa taken to an European Zoo that imagines that because he has a smoking jacket on & is holding a big cigar thinks that he is a gentle man, Animal in Human skin.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by adamsmith914: 9:02am On Jan 05, 2022
tsinzu:

Spoken like a true zoo animal, mockery and derision has always been the first weapon of choice of the inconsequential zoo animal.
Kid why then do you still come to Nairaland Nigeria if you had somewhere else to go?

Why not go & fight for your illusion freedom on biafraland? Why still come & be disturbing us in Nigeria?
Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by vanbonattel: 9:02am On Jan 05, 2022
Where is IPOB news release on that?

We don't believe Nigeria media anymore.
Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by Reality3080: 9:02am On Jan 05, 2022
tsinzu:

but u can't dispute the fact that u have relatives here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by vanbonattel: 9:03am On Jan 05, 2022
DubaiLandLord:

Video or I don't believe it.
Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by tsinzu: 9:04am On Jan 05, 2022
adamsmith914:
I accept reality of wherever I find myself, unlike a gorilla from Africa taken to an European Zoo that imagines that because he has a smoking jacket on & is holding a big cigar thinks that he is a gentle man, Animal in Human skin.
It's only zoo animals that resign themselves to fate and "accept the reality of wherever they find themselves", Human beings have been endowed with the power and intellect to rise up and change their conditions and situations in life. That's what I have chosen to do because I am a fully living human being.
Re: IPOB Confirms Banning National Anthem, Use Of Cows At Ceremonies by adamsmith914: 9:06am On Jan 05, 2022
tsinzu:

It's only zoo animals that resign themselves to fate and "accept the reality of wherever they find themselves" Human beings have been endowed with the power and intellect to rise up and change their conditions and situations in life. That's what I have chosen to do because I am a fully living human being.
Did you hear me complain Ipobian? Why cry more than the bereaved?

Is it not sweeping roads or washing public toilet you are doing in obodo Oyibo?

I’d rather be an animal roaming free in the jungle, of my country than to be a Zookeeper slave in another man’s country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SHOCKING: Rotimi Amaechi Behind Kperogi's Attacks On Osinbajo / Igboland Before IPOB ESN. / The Igbo Solution To Tribal Hate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.