Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! (35955 Views)

Is ITEL Now Obsolete? / This Blackberry Phone Is Giving Me Headache-help! / There Is A New Blackberry Phone In Town.. And It Has A Problem..See What We Mean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 06, 2022
Imagine ur mum telling u that u came to this world unexpectedly cos of this device.

RIP to the legend that destroyed many punna and led some guys to the prison.
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Otii4god: 11:16am On Jan 06, 2022
And they will keep hustling till they meet untimely death dear
No time
vivaciousvivi:

they are busy trying to hustle for iphones Pro Max dear.
No time grin

1 Like

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Spidermon: 11:18am On Jan 06, 2022
Slynation:
Gone are those days...!! The only thing I miss in blackberry was their monthly unlimited subscription!! Now aways 10GB hardly last a week for me...!!
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by lakezone67(m): 11:29am On Jan 06, 2022
Slynation:
Gone are those days...!! The only thing I miss in blackberry was their monthly unlimited subscription!! Now aways 10GB hardly last a week for me...!!

Ajeh
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 06, 2022
BlackyOne:
My first dislike for blackberry phones wasn't because of its features or OS nor its design but my first dislike for the blackberry phones was because of Nigerian girls

I remember at the peak of the blackberry wave then in benin city on this eventful day I was going through where all roads converge in benin, popularly called Ring road and I observed that almost all the girls were having/holding blackberry dangling on their left hands while their handbags was hanged on their elbows, and one thought that came to mind was why can't these girls keep the phones inside their bags like normal people do.

Just like today with the iphone we all know how super expensive the blackberry was in it's days of glory and how girls that can't afford to pay rent or buy textbooks in school could magical use the power of clitocurrency to purchase these machines.

But look at blackberry today and how they've been rendered useless like the puna of yester years.
Now iphone is taking it tolls on the puna of young/ill-matured Nigeria girls, what an endless cycle of wasted clitocurrency and old ragged puna.

RIP to the Puna that was scattered, babies born out of wedlock, abortions, STIs and STDs as a result of Blackberry being introduced to Nigerian girls
Comrade, off the mic
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by niyeee: 12:02pm On Jan 06, 2022
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by wink2015(m): 12:03pm On Jan 06, 2022
bikefab:
BlackBerry phones that turned babes to ho's and turned guys into thieves is now out of use? Indeed it's a vain world. Don't kill yourself for any material stuff.

WILL HUMAN EVER HEAR WORDS OR ADVICE.

THEY ARE ALREADY DYING TO HAVE IPHONE 13 AND 14.

BLACKBERRY HAS GONE BUT IPHONE TOOK OVER AND THE MADNESS CONTINUE.

Thieves are now pursing customers who purchased Iphone right from the phone shops.
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by penceman(m): 12:04pm On Jan 06, 2022
BB can return its simple.
all they have to do is produce phones that run on Android and physical specs like techo.
The edge will be if they an produce phones that can run on the two systems.
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by thatigboman1: 12:08pm On Jan 06, 2022
dedonfranco:
Na wahoo

What about the Girls that lost their virginity because of BlackBerry, They willnt be happy with this News.
the virginity has been lost naa. It was the craze of the moment then. Even if blackberry stays for another 100 years, what difference does it make?
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Johel(m): 12:12pm On Jan 06, 2022
vivaciousvivi:
Classic BlackBerry phones stop working today

You can no longer use that old BlackBerry phone sitting at the bottom of your drawer somewhere.

On Tuesday, the company will stop running support for its classic devices running BlackBerry 10, 7.1 OS and earlier. This means all of its older devices not running on Android software will no longer be able to use data, send text messages, access the internet or make calls, even to 911.

While most mobile users have moved on from BlackBerry -- the last version of its operating system launched in 2013 -- the decision to discontinue support for its phones represents the end of what was once considered bleeding-edge technology.

BlackBerry (BB) has been mostly out of the phone business since 2016, but over the years it continued to license its brand to phone manufacturers, including TCL and more recently OnwardMobility, an Austin, Texas-based security startup, for a 5G Blackberry device running on Android software.

BlackBerry's old school cell phones with physical keyboards from the late 1990s and early 2000s were once so popular people nicknamed them "CrackBerries." The devices became a status symbol and fixture for people on Wall Street, celebrities like Kim Kardashian, and even former President Barack Obama, thanks in part to its great reputation for security. At its peak in 2012, BlackBerry had more than 80 million active users.

But Apple's touchscreen revolution with the iPhone in 2007 made BlackBerry's offerings appear lacking. It tried touch screens and slide-out keyboard models, with little success. It developed a few phones with no physical keyboard, but those were missing BlackBerry's key differentiator: its tactile keyboard.
BlackBerry eventually gave up on its own software, embracing Android and layering its security software on top.

Culled: https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/04/tech/blackberry-phones-stop-working/index.html

That your iPhone 13 pro max will turn to shit in few years to come..in life,time will tell it all.
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Sheriman(m): 12:50pm On Jan 06, 2022
Edusouls:
Chai this phone craze girls and many were compromised cos of this phone back in the days, not only Nigerian girls black girls as a whole get easily moved by material and flashy things, one reason they are much hated even by their own men in USA, they were labelled bitches..
The same thing to iPhone 13 of today
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Harrynight(m): 1:01pm On Jan 06, 2022
IAMLIT:
Really? You should specify the OS version of Blackberry to become obsolete because some haven't reached their End of Life (EOL) yet.
You can see the end of life for a particular version on their website.

Modified: Blackberry 10, 7.1 OS and earlier
Cool.

Please what of this very blackberry?? kiss

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Harrynight(m): 1:03pm On Jan 06, 2022
vivaciousvivi:

You can no longer use that old BlackBerry phone sitting at the bottom of your drawer somewhere.

On Tuesday, the company will stop running support for its classic devices running BlackBerry 10, 7.1 OS and earlier. This means all of its older devices not running on Android software will no longer be able to use data, send text messages, access the internet or make calls, even to 911.

While most mobile users have moved on from BlackBerry -- the last version of its operating system launched in 2013 -- the decision to discontinue support for its phones represents the end of what was once considered bleeding-edge technology.

BlackBerry (BB) has been mostly out of the phone business since 2016, but over the years it continued to license its brand to phone manufacturers, including TCL and more recently OnwardMobility, an Austin, Texas-based security startup, for a 5G Blackberry device running on Android software.

BlackBerry's old school cell phones with physical keyboards from the late 1990s and early 2000s were once so popular people nicknamed them "CrackBerries." The devices became a status symbol and fixture for people on Wall Street, celebrities like Kim Kardashian, and even former President Barack Obama, thanks in part to its great reputation for security. At its peak in 2012, BlackBerry had more than 80 million active users.

But Apple's touchscreen revolution with the iPhone in 2007 made BlackBerry's offerings appear lacking. It tried touch screens and slide-out keyboard models, with little success. It developed a few phones with no physical keyboard, but those were missing BlackBerry's key differentiator: its tactile keyboard.
BlackBerry eventually gave up on its own software, embracing Android and layering its security software on top.

Culled: https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/04/tech/blackberry-phones-stop-working/index.html

Is Blackberry Keyone affected??
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by litaninja(m): 1:21pm On Jan 06, 2022
What is amazing to me is that some people actually thought Blackberry was "bleeding edge" at any point ever.
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Prolificgiant(m): 1:21pm On Jan 06, 2022
How time flies some ladies lost their womb because of this phone
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Parrot69: 1:41pm On Jan 06, 2022
blaquebelle:
This life nawa oo. I wonder if apple will go obsolete like this too

Very soon, Elon Musk game changer for the future of smartphones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLBiIGk43XU
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by InvertedHammer: 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2022
/
That's why I laugh at people chasing latest technology. You will be dead broke.

Companies incorporate "Planned Obsolescence" in their business models. Don't think it is a coincidence that your phone starts acting funny or stops working after 3 years. Worse, they ensure that some apps stop being supported to force users to buy newer gadgets. Our people who are obligate consumers do not have the brain powers developed enough to think in that aspect.

/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Munzy14(m): 1:50pm On Jan 06, 2022
dedonfranco:
Na wahoo

What about the Girls that lost their virginity because of BlackBerry, They willnt be happy with this News.
Their case remains irrelevant...Those doing anything to carry Latest IPhone and Samsung will never learn from their blackberry counterparts..

Way back in school we even had BB party...Your ticket is your BB pin...smh...

We equally had 2go party...grin grin

THIS life eeeh, never mess yourself up for material things...When you work smart, you will even buy and give out as gift to some people..

2 Likes

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Munzy14(m): 1:53pm On Jan 06, 2022
blaquebelle:
This life nawa oo. I wonder if apple will go obsolete like this too
Of course, apple will...They are still working on steve jobs legacies...When they run out of Ideas and market strategy, then the closure will set in..Bigger guys on board will buy their larger shares and business will fold like snail entering harmattan.
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by davidguitar20: 2:04pm On Jan 06, 2022
my first blackberry was the TOUR you cant believe i used my second semester school fee to buy that monster back then na God save me i for withdraw school if not for aside hustle i dey do
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by wasi9ice: 2:19pm On Jan 06, 2022
This shows nothing last forever, there's no need for one to kill himself, if cars like V Boot, 190 , 505 evolution and Santana etc could all be obsolete then we need to take this life gently.
The only thing that has lasted forever is the world of God and it can't be obsolete.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by PotatoSalad(m): 2:23pm On Jan 06, 2022
BigDawsNet:
You can convert it to mp3 player
Mp4 u mean. The camera on BB phones can still compete with ones in recent phones.
2MP of awesomeness grin
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by PotatoSalad(m): 2:25pm On Jan 06, 2022
Munzy14:

Of course, apple will...They are still working on steve jobs legacies...When they run out of Ideas and market strategy, then the closure will set in..Bigger guys on board will buy their larger shares and business will fold like snail entering harmattan.
This is long-term. If you want Apple to drop in a few years, go the Nokia route. It's all about the execs.
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by sylve11: 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2022
Life! cool
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 3:40pm On Jan 06, 2022
DonBenny77:

They have upgraded to iphone
and also lost thier vaginity to iPhone. Indeed the beautiful ones are not yet born
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by erenax: 3:54pm On Jan 06, 2022
ecomalchemist:
Still got mines with the pack and receipt intact.

Bought from slot in 2010, the bold 4 was my real OG back in the days.

Check back In the next 15 years, its still gonna be intact.
How much did you buy it
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by BigDawsNet: 4:57pm On Jan 06, 2022
PotatoSalad:

Mp4 u mean. The camera on BB phones can still compete with ones in recent phones.
2MP of awesomeness grin

No doubt abt it
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by MummyD2020(f): 5:19pm On Jan 06, 2022
dedonfranco:
Na wahoo

Its only in nairaland that its only ladies that lose their virginity. Guys dont abi? Female bashers association kwenu!!!!

1 Like

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Tonytonex(m): 5:34pm On Jan 06, 2022
Change is constant. I never liked that phone from the onset
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Father4all: 6:02pm On Jan 06, 2022
vivaciousvivi:

This is what so many Youths kill themselves for way back. Expecially Ladies. Nothing lasts forever
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:08pm On Jan 06, 2022
lkillbrokehoes:
You again
Ahhhhhh, look what the cat dragged in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster / Glo Just Made Me Immortal Just To Download An Episode Of A TV Series / A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.