Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option (17043 Views)

Terrorists Wearing Hijab Attack Police Checkpoint In Katsina, Buhari's State / 'See How Hurricane Atiku Invaded Katsina, Buhari's State' - Dele Momodu / Atiku Lands In Buhari's State Today As He Continue His Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by Grace001: 9:18am On Jan 05, 2022
What a president, one chance president
Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by kayuseful: 9:19am On Jan 05, 2022
Buhari again
Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by Iliveforever(m): 9:19am On Jan 05, 2022
showafrica:

Thank God e remain 16 months. If state police is not an option na miyetti-allah or herdsmen is the option?

People like you will still happily vote for tinubu
Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by dlox147(m): 9:20am On Jan 05, 2022
Direct primaries would have whittled down the influence of governors on the Local government, Buhari said NO!

Now it is state police. Since we have identified the possible problems, the only thing left is to come up with ways to prevent such problems.
We can have the federal police Supervise the state police.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by awa(m): 9:21am On Jan 05, 2022
How did we make this man a President of a Nation like 9ja? It's embarrassing he can't accept responsibility for once... Always talking like a Comedian in serious matters

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by Teenaira: 9:21am On Jan 05, 2022
Omicronvaccine:

https://igberetvnews.com/1411450/president-buhari-state-police-option/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Only the Federal Government should be allowed to abuse the power of their office even if it means killing everybody in the country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by dat9jaguy(m): 9:22am On Jan 05, 2022
backbencher:
I don't agree with Bubu, but state police has 3 problems for me

1. Funding. Most states don't earn enough money to fund normal stuff, talkless state police

2. And let's be honest, governors will use the state police to deal with their opponents.

3. And let's not talk about what would happen in cases of tribal and religious crisis.

The USA that had state police, during the civil rights era of the 1960s, there were times where the federal government had to intervene because the state police was heavily heavily racist ( in some instances indistinguishable from groups like the KKK)

You don't agree with Bubu but everything you said up there is in agreement with what Bubu said.

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by showafrica(m): 9:23am On Jan 05, 2022
Iliveforever:

Separation or nothing, this Janjaweeeed country can no longer hold

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by Wiifesnatcher(m): 9:23am On Jan 05, 2022
state governors will abused power bla bla, are you not abusing the one given to you? IGP and DSS are loyal to you and not to Nigerians, so what different does it make?

state police will end Fulani herdsmen stupidity in southern Nigeria, we can see the outcome with Amotekun that wasn't even given full support of policing

state police will force itself to come when we restructure, enough of one Oga calling from Abuja to released or transfered a Fulani terrorist caught to abuja

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by MT: 9:24am On Jan 05, 2022
heniford2:
In USA each state has its own state police then we have federal police who supervisor or is above the state, the local government issues is the state government should state is own budget and the local government should also do same,then funds are been transferred to local government for proper use, buhari is a lazy man a big one and has nothing upstairs

Nigerians always rush to cite example of US when it is convenient but refuse to act like the Americans as citizens. It is obvious Governors are more evil than the President. They have technically killed the Local Govt despite all interventions from different quarters, sitting on their monies and milking the LG dry.

What has Governors done with the Monthly state security allocation, squander it. Having state police will create 36 different monsters in all the states. I align with the President, I am totally against it.

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by sammirano: 9:26am On Jan 05, 2022
Thank you Sir. very wicked and useless governors everywhere. Power destroys, Absolute power destroys absolutely.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by Joyebiere(f): 9:27am On Jan 05, 2022
After reading what is written above I think Buhari is right cool
Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 05, 2022
Iliveforever:

On what basis should he not vote for Tinubu?

Who is your own candidate?
Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by BuyAndSellStuff: 9:28am On Jan 05, 2022
A wicked man has spoken.
Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 05, 2022
MT:

Nigerians always rush to cite example of US when it is convenient but refuse to act like the Americans as citizens. It is obvious Governors are more evil than the President. They have technically killed the Local Govt despite all interventions from different quarters, sitting on their monies and milking the LG dry.

What has Governors done with the Monthly state security allocation, squander it. Having state police will create 36 different monsters in all the states. I align with the President, I am totally against it.
What's the way out of this LG autonomy, GMB has really tried to let them have autonomy.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by pacespot(m): 9:30am On Jan 05, 2022
We already know your mind and all Fulani's minds regarding state police. Controlling every security formation in the country is the master plan of the caliphate to islamize the country. Seeing how that unknown police officer disrespect Sanwo-olu on the Magodo scene is a good sign of what Fulani's want. Imagine, Malami is now more powerful than the state governor in the security affair of the state.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by casppyjay: 9:30am On Jan 05, 2022
Omicronvaccine:

https://igberetvnews.com/1411450/president-buhari-state-police-option/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
yes oooo tell them ineptitude,corruption ,subjugation and nepotism is the option!!!

Tell them..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by sangresan(m): 9:31am On Jan 05, 2022
backbencher:

1. Funding. Most states don't earn enough money to fund normal stuff, talkless state police

2. And let's be honest, governors will use the state police to deal with their opponents.

3. And let's not talk about what would happen in cases of tribal and religious crisis.

The USA that had state police, during the civil rights era of the 1960s, there were times where the federal government had to intervene because the state police was heavily heavily racist ( in some instances indistinguishable from groups like the KKK)

You didn't take cognizance of the wise saying that, "Abuse does not take away use". The fact that state or community police could be abused by governors is not enough reason to dismiss it. It's just like saying that a baby should not practice how to walk because he or she may fall down. Have you seen a baby that starts walking immediately after birth? Probably in Buhari's world.

In better climes, the job of maintaining public law and order is often left to the states, communities and local councils. Then, there may be a federal police force for handling inter-state crimes. But in Nigeria, the contrary is the case. And we know why. Buhari's kinsmen who are roaming about our forests wouldn't try such if we have state police or community police.

If we don't start putting structures in place to deepen our democratic experience, we will continue to fumble and wobble as a nation. The ongoing security crisis in the North will be a child's play to what will eventually befell Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 05, 2022
I have defined the meaning of Federal Government and the meaning of Nigeria severally. The Federal government is basically Northern Government or Northern control of Southern resources. Federal government is the presence of Northern Authority on Southern land. Whenever a Southerner is occupying Federal Authority post, he is only using a delegated authority of the North.

States in US have Police and Supreme Court. Laws in US vary from States to States.

The effect of Northern control is clearly visible in South West and Rivers State.
Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by PrudencyFeats: 9:31am On Jan 05, 2022
Damidave1124:
I'm tempted to bash Buhari, but haven gone through the write up, I must say he raised some salient points.

The governors, if given the opportunity will abuse it, they'll use it to which hunt their opponents till the subdue them.

Again, the north is scared of state police, because they'll lose their grip on Nigeria at large. Each state controlling the police will not favour the born to rule people

Is the federal not using security agencies to hunt and subdue their opponents?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by thinkmoney(m): 9:33am On Jan 05, 2022
backbencher:

I don't like Buhari. But your comment is funny, because you said you don't agree with him only to mention what he actually pointed out in your point 2.
So what is it u don't agree with?
No bad person can be bad all the time. I agree with Buhari that state police will be abused and I agree with u that the states cannot find them
Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by Emma15678: 9:33am On Jan 05, 2022
backbencher:

You got it right.
Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by linearity: 9:34am On Jan 05, 2022
backbencher:

These are all excuses, the center is afraid of losing it’s power. No one has power gave it up willingly.

1. In terms of finding, the FG gets her money from States and then allocate percentages back to them, since they will no longer be tasked with Policing reducing their tax on State will free up money.

2. FG uses Police & FG agencies to oppress everyone and States everyday….case in point AGN is in Magodo Estate using FG police to intervene on land issues when the Constitution have fully vested the power over land to the State….they are even ignoring the Governor’s orders.

3. Thank God you mentioned a civilization that started it badly, but over the years they are still learning and tweaking it. You can’t be perfect in a vacuum, you have to start somewhere. None of us know anything about the internet when we started Primary School, but look at us today.

Yes, State Governors will abuse it just like the FG, you can’t be Governor forever, power must change hands and with each year, the fear of retribution will force them to moderate…..remember one certain former Governor in Edo State? He later became the National Chairman of one National Party, he was pompous and powerful, his thugs reign high every corner of Edo State…..do you hear about him again? I sometime think that he is on a self-exile in some foreign island - no reported sittings….that is power, it must change hand one day.

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by Iliveforever(m): 9:34am On Jan 05, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
On what basis should he not vote for Tinubu?

Who is your own candidate?

He just quote me again. His quote is my reply to you
Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by Achizzy7: 9:34am On Jan 05, 2022
What of national taskforce na....any news
Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by Emma15678: 9:35am On Jan 05, 2022
vanbonattel:
So, killings and Ethnic cleansing under a lopsided police and army is the best?

Under the present circumstances, 95% of the police commissioners are fulani people. The IGP is a fulani man. Over 60% of the DPO and DCO are all fulani. And the fulani is just less than 4% of Nigeria population.

When the northerners start their killing spree in the south, they always have all the police and army protection they need because their brothers will protect and urge them on. This leads to immediate casualties and arrest of anyone that is not a northerner.

There can never be enforcement of anti grazing laws in the south because the police command structure is controlled by the same fulani that owns the cows.

There is much crime in the south because Adamus and Abduls that doesn't know anything about the terrain are in control of police formations and criminals will be running amok knowing that the Adamus knows motjing about the terrain they operate. They are just bribe collecting robots intent on checkpoint profits.

State police will help the locals who are the real stakeholders to police their domain in the way they want, nobody can do anyhow because we know his address. Police brutality will be reduced to the minimum because there will not be any Northern policeman who will shoot innocent people and get an automatic transfer back to Jigawa state where he continues him crimes.
You lack knowledge on the composition of the NPF.
Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by ivolt: 9:36am On Jan 05, 2022
Buhari is against state police for ethnic reasons.
State police will solve the problems of ethnic cleansing and the unchecked reign of bandits.

The era of releasing criminals based on an order from above will also come to an end.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by Damidave1124(m): 9:38am On Jan 05, 2022
PrudencyFeats:

Is the federal not using security agencies to hunt and subdue their opponents?
Sadly, the federal is guilty of this act too

1 Like

Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 05, 2022
backbencher:

You claimed the State Police in the US during the Civil rights era of 1960 was heavily racist, where was the record? Racism has nothing to do with State Police. Federal Police officer can also practise racism.

State Police is very strong in the US. The US Constitution can never stop State Police. Each State in US have Supreme Court. You are bringing demerit of a State Police still being used in US to Nigeria when the US have no such complaint. Nigeria operates a nomadic federalism and not true Federalism.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by Ablemed: 9:39am On Jan 05, 2022
linearity:

These are all excuses, the center is afraid of losing it’s power. No one has power gave it up willingly.

1. In terms of finding, the FG gets her money from States and then allocate percentages back to them, since they will no longer be tasked with Policing reducing their tax on State will free up money.

2. FG uses Police & FG agencies to oppress everyone and States everyday….case in point AGN is in Magodo Estate using FG police to intervene on land issues when the Constitution have fully vested the power over land to the State….they are even ignoring the Governor’s orders.

3. Thank God you mentioned a civilization that started it badly, but over the years they are still learning and tweaking it. You can’t be perfect in a vacuum, you have to start somewhere. None of us know anything about the internet when we started Primary School, but look at us today.

Yes, State Governors will abuse it just like the FG, you can’t be Governor forever, power must change hands and with each year, the fear of retribution will force them to moderate…..remember one certain former Governor in Edo State? He later became the National Chairman of one National Party, he was pompous and powerful, his thugs reign high every corner of Edo State…..do you hear about him again? I sometime think that he is on a self-exile in some foreign island - no reported sittings….that is power, it must change hand one day.

How bout the scores of innocent lives that would go bfr power changes hands
Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by sangresan(m): 9:42am On Jan 05, 2022
That's why I'm happy with what the bandits are doing in the North. They'll soon realize their folly that true federalism is the best for a multi-cultural society.
Re: President Buhari: State Police Is Not An Option by yahmohy27: 9:42am On Jan 05, 2022
Chain see one automatic loose ipob
vanbonattel:
So, killings and Ethnic cleansing under a lopsided police and army is the best?

Under the present circumstances, 95% of the police commissioners are fulani people. The IGP is a fulani man. Over 60% of the DPO and DCO are all fulani. And the fulani is just less than 4% of Nigeria population.

When the northerners start their killing spree in the south, they always have all the police and army protection they need because their brothers will protect and urge them on. This leads to immediate casualties and arrest of anyone that is not a northerner.

There can never be enforcement of anti grazing laws in the south because the police command structure is controlled by the same fulani that owns the cows.

There is much crime in the south because Adamus and Abduls that doesn't know anything about the terrain are in control of police formations and criminals will be running amok knowing that the Adamus knows motjing about the terrain they operate. They are just bribe collecting robots intent on checkpoint profits.

State police will help the locals who are the real stakeholders to police their domain in the way they want, nobody can do anyhow because we know his address. Police brutality will be reduced to the minimum because there will not be any Northern policeman who will shoot innocent people and get an automatic transfer back to Jigawa state where he continues him crimes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Opposes Electricity Tariff Reversal, Backs NERC / Obalende Crisis: Police Restore Normalcy, Arrest 6 / Supreme Court Dismisses APM’s Appeal Against Tinubu’s Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.