Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,240 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister (22052 Views)

FG Plans Further VAT Increase, New Sharing Formula / Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS / Do Customers Actually Pay The VAT For Fast-foods And Others? Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by chloride6: 10:25pm On Jan 07, 2022
Wahala for who no use VPN ooh .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by edoairways: 10:33pm On Jan 07, 2022
FarahAideed:

Is it not Nigerian small businesses and Companies that advertise on FB? Won't they end up passing it into cost of their service so the last user can bear? VAT is a consumer tax and the last person on the line bears it and that's Going to be a Nigerian somewhere
Do you pass the burden of tax when you advertise on radio and television?
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by dapolaw(m): 10:36pm On Jan 07, 2022
Please delete this thrash... Importers of cooking gas stopped the importation because government wanted to increase the tax they pay so that was why the prices of cooking gas skyrocketed.

Ovamboland:

This one even said LPG price increase because of mere 7.5% VAT but we see prices going up 300%. Smart people know the world production cost has gone up, but dumb people must have their say.
Shippers have increased prices worldwide impacting global prices of goods, but to dumb Nigerian it's only because of local taxes.

Something that cost 100 will now cost 107:50 considering VAT but when it now cost 250 dumb will be shouting it's tax. If you stop VAT will the price go back to 100?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by FarahAideed: 10:38pm On Jan 07, 2022
edoairways:

Do you pass the burden of tax when you advertise on radio and television?

Ofcourse it's a cost components in my Cost of sale and it determines my pricing
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by edoairways: 10:41pm On Jan 07, 2022
FarahAideed:

Ofcourse it's a cost components in my Cost of sale and it determines my pricing
Not all businesses add such cost to their sales price. They rather bear the burden since their competitors may outsmart them.
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by jimcaddy(m): 11:17pm On Jan 07, 2022
Two options I can give to the Federal Government. Kuku instruct the Central Bank to ask commercial banks to tax our savings. Then the second option is to capture oxygen and start selling it to Nigerians at a premium. This is most daftest government I've seen in a long time. How is it Nigeria's fault now that oil prices have crashed in the international market? Na make FG begin dey do bambiala for Nigerians remain na. Police sef should start taxing for every arrest made. fRSC and Lastma too should start taxing for every traffic offences na. I dey give FG more ideas on how to milk Nigerians dry till nothing is left. Even to watch DStv or Gotv now or renew subscription, let us pay tax. To collect loan, let us pay tax. To buy biscuit, let us pay tax. Even to trek sef, we go pay tax.. trekking tax. Fools..
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by Sheriman(m): 11:46pm On Jan 07, 2022
Na becos say over 180 millions of Nigerians are mumu now dem dey tax us everyday dey increase price everyday instead of us to change it for dem like other citizens dey do in developed countries we go quiet dey complain on social media till dey milk us finish. We too like suffering in silence for this country.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by ultimateprof: 1:08am On Jan 08, 2022
All that this government does is to ask us to pay pay pay and nothing more.
Evil people.
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by EgunMogaji2: 4:22am On Jan 08, 2022
I have no problem with that. Just don't loot the money and use it responsibly.
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by EgunMogaji2: 4:23am On Jan 08, 2022
Sheriman:
Na becos say over 180 millions of Nigerians are mumu now dem dey tax us everyday dey increase price everyday instead of us to change it for dem like other citizens dey do in developed countries we go quiet dey complain on social media till dey milk us finish. We too like suffering in silence for this country.

Part of what you wrote is true.
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by NutritionGuru: 4:27am On Jan 08, 2022
Blackfire:
Nice one

We the youths are solidly behind our darling president
Nigeria shall be great again, if we believe and work together towards it.
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by Teejay13(m): 4:34am On Jan 08, 2022
This government want to finish us with tax but God pass them. We go sha survive am.
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by Nobody: 5:52am On Jan 08, 2022
Very soon these foools will be taxing Nigerians for breathing out carbon IV oxide.
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by Nobody: 5:56am On Jan 08, 2022
bcomputer101:
Buhari is determined to deal with Nigerians

If care is not taking, one day this lifeless mannequin will start asking for tax of the air we breath

It's not just Buhari. Northerners are not capable in administration because they don't have the IQ or critical reasoning ability to be competent at such.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by khadaffi(m): 6:30am On Jan 08, 2022
AntiBeEmCe:

Caman shatap der, third-class z0mbie.
Who are you telling that rvbbish? Someone who hasn't been abroad or who doesn't have people staying abroad?

The gas that we are not importing because we have it in abundance...to the point that, it is being flared cluelessly. We woke up one morning and the price jumped 400% ....and ur spewing utter garbage this morning. Better carry ur daftness out of my mention.

LPG is imported o! Where did you hear we refine it? We have it in abundance but we can't refine it hence it is imported
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by alphaNomega: 7:26am On Jan 08, 2022
erico2k2:

well VAT is not something new, if did not have to pay VAT B4 then the country is losing honeymooning we buy on line in the Uk that we dont p ay VAT on, we not talking import duty but VAT which is 20%,however you can always claim it back if you are leaving the country but then the seller has to provide a VAT receipt.
I don't know if there is a typo in your message because it has confused me
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by hectorswag(m): 7:44am On Jan 08, 2022
Hallmarks of this administration - borrowing & taxes.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by JOemmy(m): 8:22am On Jan 08, 2022
They now want to tax nigerians to death to pay back all the billions of dollars they have borrowed all over the world useless people.
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:01am On Jan 08, 2022
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by erico2k2(m): 11:34am On Jan 08, 2022
alphaNomega:
I don't know if there is a typo in your message because it has confused me
xcuse my post plz must have done it half asleep.
what I was trying to say is that there is nothing wrong for us to pay VAT.I did not even know we were not paying VAT.
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by maldino: 12:37pm On Jan 08, 2022
Inhumane Minister...you only know how to increase money into the coffers of FG through your inhumane policies (Money that may still be looted)...You have borrowed countless times...you are constantly taxing Nigerians but yet your policies have no positive impact in improving the lives of Nigerians.

Ma please send my regards to your fellow draconian CBN Governor.
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by skywalker240(m): 12:42pm On Jan 08, 2022
Ovamboland:

This one even said LPG price increase because of mere 7.5% VAT but we see prices going up 300%. Smart people know the world production cost has gone up, but dumb people must have their say.
Shippers have increased prices worldwide impacting global prices of goods, but to dumb Nigerian it's only because of local taxes.

Something that cost 100 will now cost 107:50 considering VAT but when it now cost 250 dumb will be shouting it's tax. If you stop VAT will the price go back to 100?
Such dumb Post just to sound reasonable, you made a fool of yourself
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by Fourwinds: 1:40pm On Jan 08, 2022
helinues:
Interesting

We have a lot of idiots in government. Coal, gold, tin, bitumen etc are lying beneath the soil Nigeria. The stupid government doesn't dim it fit to explore these minerals but are quick to tax already made money. The Federal government is not different from Yahoo boys
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by alphaNomega: 2:32pm On Jan 08, 2022
erico2k2:

xcuse my post plz must have done it half asleep.
what I was trying to say is that there is nothing wrong for us to pay VAT.I did not even know we were not paying VAT.
Have you bought something from Amazon? Check your breakdown, you are paying VAT.
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by erico2k2(m): 5:44pm On Jan 08, 2022
alphaNomega:
Have you bought something from Amazon? Check your breakdown, you are paying VAT.
I have not bought in Nigeria but from the Uk yes, however if your receipt says Vat then you are paying VAT hence I said it is noting new
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by Jacksparrow7(m): 11:27pm On Jan 08, 2022
Jacksparrow7:
Tax na nonsense eeh. Government de rub una, una accept. Who de bush no de pay tax
wait oh. Who de bush de pay tax o. 10 yr old kunle pay tax on Biscuits. so kunle will pay more tax this coming resumption
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister by erico2k2(m): 7:38pm On Jan 10, 2022
alphaNomega:
I never said we do t.what's this news about then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akpabio: "I Regret Imposing Udom Emmanuel On Akwa Ibom As Governor" / Emmanuel Ukpong-Udo Appoints 50 Aides / Makinde Wins Polling Unit, Wins In Adelabu’s Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.