Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,454 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots (29303 Views)

Breaking: Magodo: Surprise As Lagos Reneges On Allocation Of 549 Plots Of Land / Adulterated Fuel: Marketers Fear Court Cases, FG To Compensate Car Owners / EndSARS: Lagos To Compensate Victims Of Police Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by abobote: 6:34pm On Jan 05, 2022
Each
Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by Sammy07: 6:34pm On Jan 05, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
Ibeju Lekki and Badagry.

fergie001:

Dem go get am, most importantly there is a process the landlords have agreed to.

https://www.facebook.com/raji.robertodidraj/videos/321294429937120/

Badagry? Well let's see.
To me I think na money go settle am las las

1 Like

Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by princeemmma(m): 6:35pm On Jan 05, 2022
good move, good idea, good governor, God bless Lagos state and God give my own state too good gover#######
Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by West2019(m): 6:35pm On Jan 05, 2022
updatechange:
Location of the 549 plots?
badagry forest
Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by Vireani79: 6:36pm On Jan 05, 2022
updatechange:

this is the koko

lekki or nothing

1 Like

Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by fergie001: 6:36pm On Jan 05, 2022
Sammy07:

Badagry? Well let's see.
They rejected Badagry & Ibeju-Lekki earlier ...though majority agreed but the SLA Chairman that took the case to Court refused.

So, according to the Governor....They will identify plots available at the Shangisha area then NEGOTIATE for the remaining ones.
Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2022
Sammy07:

Badagry? Well let's see.
If am one of the landlord, I will rather collect #170m for the land than agreeing to be giving a land in a bush in Ibeju Lekki, Badagry or Epe.
Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by Focusmind: 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2022
iyke2frankeze:
All Igbos that wasted their money buying landed properties in Lagos, get ready! You are about to be sacrificed!

Must you show your ignorance in everything?Most of these SE based Igbos could be ignorant sometimes. Why do some of you people always have issues with Igbos building and living in other parts of Nigeria? As if you will give them land in the East when they relocate.
Most of you guys will be shouting, come back home, as if SE is any better with that level of greed, envy ravaging most families and communities.

2 Likes

Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by Dshocker(m): 6:39pm On Jan 05, 2022
iyke2frankeze:
All Igbos that wasted their money buying landed properties in Lagos, get ready! You are about to be sacrificed!

Igbos have practiced and sacrificed more on "one Nigeria" than any other tribe in Nigeria... Come to Okota(Ago) and see were men are filling up swamps and piling up the foundation to erect an edifice worth hundreds of millions of naira

1 Like

Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 05, 2022
fergie001:

They rejected Badagry & Ibeju-Lekki earlier ...mthough majority agreed but the SLA Chairman that took the cad eto Court refused.

So, according to the Governor....They will identify plots available at the Shangisha area then NEGOTIATE for the remaining ones.
With Wetin the man don face from Government, he will fight to the end.

1 Like

Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by CaptainFM1: 6:39pm On Jan 05, 2022
treesun:

Where will government get 549 plots without displacing some others! We wait to see!

They will sandfill the ocean!

1 Like

Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by FarahAideed: 6:40pm On Jan 05, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
There is Government land in Ibeju Lekki too.
That Ibeju Lekki will not be easy oo..if Dangote carry him mouth tell wetin him eye see with folks there before he can even have space for refinery and they still settling matter till today oo...I doubt those Sangisha folks can stand that oo
Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by Sammy07: 6:40pm On Jan 05, 2022
fergie001:

They rejected Badagry & Ibeju-Lekki earlier ...mthough majority agreed but the SLA Chairman that took the cad eto Court refused.

DubaiLandLord:
If am one of the landlord, I will rather collect #170m for the land than agreeing to be giving a land in a bush in Ibeju Lekki, Badagry or Epe.

Aiit thanks for your inputs!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by JaroMan: 6:40pm On Jan 05, 2022
That's a good offer from the govt but it remains for the landlords to accept.
The key issues
1. Location of the place v Magodo: this will determine the value of the land
2. Who owns the new location? Govt or private
I think what govt would've done, which I know will be very expensive but lasting, is to value the current property and pay the landlords.
If it requires paying X2 of the value. Because, to reallocate is easier said than done
Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by Saidfx(m): 6:42pm On Jan 05, 2022
Hmmm..for Ikorodu Baiyeku axis
Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by wirinet(m): 6:42pm On Jan 05, 2022
FarahAideed:
The ball is in the Landlords house , only them can ease the Supreme Court Judgement
It's not the landlords that obtained the Supreme Court judgement, it's the landowners. This has been the Supreme Court order since 2014. The land lords have to now carry their houses to the plot the Lagos State Government will give them or have their houses demolished.
Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by Tmlivesport(m): 6:42pm On Jan 05, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

Banana island or they will specially sandfill part of elegushi beach for them cheesy
Badagry for sure
Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by fergie001: 6:43pm On Jan 05, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
With Wetin the man don face from Government, he will fight to the end.
If na you nko?
The State will pay some price but I just want the whole issues resolved.
Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by seyz91(m): 6:45pm On Jan 05, 2022
You get am
ThatFairGuy1:
Sanwoolu deserves award at least for being THE MOST PROACTIVE GOVERNOR so far.

Hopefully it plays out well
Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by Antoeni(m): 6:51pm On Jan 05, 2022
He Should give them Land in Sangotedo or Epe
Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by zikter(m): 6:52pm On Jan 05, 2022
Olayetan:

Magodo landlords won't accept any of the mentioned location even if they get lands there.

Only money can settle this matter or they give them back their property.
If I was part of the landlords, I will quickly collect the land if it is Ibeju Lekki. Once Dangote refinery starts operation, the value of that area will increase multiple times. It will surely overtake magodo in the nearest future
Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by PrinceOfLagos: 6:54pm On Jan 05, 2022
Where the land dey
Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by okuwehcris: 6:57pm On Jan 05, 2022
The governor should look into cases pending in court that Lagos state is involved in and land grabbers using the police to intimidate landlords.
The one at Awoyaya that they demolished houses built by landlords using the police to intimidate them, the case in now pending in court for over 3years+ now and nothing have been said about it...

ivolt:
The government refused to act since 2014.

The landlords should demand for lands with equal value as the stolen ones.

They should also demand additional millions as compensations for decade
of abuse and intimidation from corrupt government officials.

To all those supporting the oppressors, you will one day be on the other side.
Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by clothingonline(m): 6:59pm On Jan 05, 2022
I need 5 plots too around that axis
Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by amanze2020(m): 6:59pm On Jan 05, 2022
treesun:

Where will government get 549 plots without displacing some others! We wait to see!

He will get from the lagoon.

1 Like

Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by harsysky(m): 7:04pm On Jan 05, 2022
updatechange:

IJEBU ODE
Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by jaxxy(m): 7:06pm On Jan 05, 2022
Olayetan:

Magodo landlords won't accept any of the mentioned location even if they get lands there.

Only money can settle this matter or they give them back their property.

Same money they will still use to buy same lands in same Lagos?? undecided
Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by Jephyard(m): 7:10pm On Jan 05, 2022
Land in Ibeju Lekki I doubt he can find that amount except he want to give them part of the free trade zone land that has not been acquired but who want to live in an industrial zone with his/her family and ocean surge in the future, nah not a good prospect for the omonile. Badagry is almost gone except for government GRA there. Someone said sangotedo, there is no land in sangotedo. The best bet for the govt is to relocate the illegal occupant to another place or pay them for the current value of the land.
Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by iyke2frankeze: 7:14pm On Jan 05, 2022
Focusmind:

Must you show your ignorance in everything?Most of these SE based Igbos could be ignorant sometimes. Why do some of you people always have issues with Igbos building and living in other parts of Nigeria? As if you will give them land in the East when they relocate.
Most of you guys will be shouting, come back home, as if SE is any better with that level of greed, envy ravaging most families and communities.

But at any slightest disagreement involving any Igbo man, all you useless Nigerian tribes will be spewing trash that Igbos must leave their landed properties and return to their East where they have nothing. They will build houses for you dear while you wait patiently for any disagreement to claim abandoned properties.
Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by Fragility6: 7:14pm On Jan 05, 2022
Vinnie2000:

Nice one, Mr Pontius Pilate! wink

Even though you be Elegbere, you better pass my state Gov, Ifeanyi Okowa.. undecided
Dem tell u say we get governor? Na autopilot we dey here

1 Like

Re: Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots by Eriokanmi: 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2022
FarahAideed:
The ball is in the Landlords house , only them can ease the Supreme Court Judgement
Exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: Tinubu, Osinbajo Divide South-west Governors / Eyitayo Jegede At His Residence This Morning / Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.