Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

She Said Am A Ritualist - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Said Am A Ritualist (1393 Views)

Who plays the role of a ritualist better amongst these actors? / Help! My Crush Is A Ritualist And His Family Are Aware / When She Said No Sex Until Marriage. As A Man Know This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Said Am A Ritualist by shortgun(m): 6:56pm On Jan 05, 2022
Hello Nairalanders,
There's this my cousin.
She called me sometime around June last year to complain about lack of money, how she can't feed and all.
She begged me to send money to her to buy a carton of frozen fish to roast and resell cos she said that's what she's doing at the moment and she's making a living from it.

After listening to her, I asked her the cost of a carton of frozen fish, I sent money for 3 cartons, she thanked me and that was all I heard from her .
She traveled to the village this Christmas season and told everyone that I am a ritualist.
She said the fish I gave her money to buy all got burnt and she couldn't sell any of the fish. She told people that my money is not pure, everyone should be careful how they interact with me.
Ordinarily, I am a kind of person that will thank God for a less senseless people in my family to worry about.

My mum got to hear what she was telling family members and called me, I was devastated when I heard that cos I know the money I sent to her would've have been useful to others who can manage it properly.

Right now, I don't know if I should confront her or ignore her.
I already told my mum that I won't confront her but at the same time if I don't say anything some people may think what she told them is the truth and my reputation is at stake.
If not carelessness, how can frozen fish burn to ashes without her knowing?

What do you guys think I should do
Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by chatinent: 6:58pm On Jan 05, 2022
Three kinds of people I hate with love:

1. People with the entitlement attitude.
2. Ungrateful people.
3. Betrayals.

11 Likes

Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 05, 2022
then are you? tell us the truth?

1 Like

Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by Totilopussylick(m): 7:03pm On Jan 05, 2022
I knew someone with similar story.

As times goes on, they realizes they were wrong.

1 Like

Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by Rosaline5000: 7:08pm On Jan 05, 2022
shortgun:
Hello Nairalanders,
There's this my cousin.
She called me sometime around June last year to complain about lack of money, how she can't feed and all.
She begged me to send money to her to buy a carton of frozen fish to roast and resell cos she said that's what she's doing at the moment and she's making a living from it.

After listening to her, I asked her the cost of a carton of frozen fish, I sent money for 3 cartons, she thanked me and that was all I heard from her .
She traveled to the village this Christmas season and told everyone that I am a ritualist.
She said the fish I gave her money to buy all got burnt and she couldn't sell any of the fish. She told people that my money is not pure, everyone should be careful how they interact with me.
Ordinarily, I am a kind of person that will thank God for a less senseless people in my family to worry about.

My mum got to hear what she was telling family members and called me, I was devastated when I heard that cos I know the money I sent to her would've have been useful to others who can manage it properly.

I already told my mum that I won't confront her but at the same time if I don't say anything some people may think what she told them is the truth and my reputation is at stake.

Tell the truth,make sure to vindicate yourself, Nigerians always fear gra gra people and warn that your cousin to stop spoiling your name or you will get her arrested ( not really tho) but put the fear of God in her so she will stop her foolishness.
Many people like blaming others for their problems, she obviously doesn't know how to do the business and burnt all her fishes but instead of learning and trying to raise funds she decided you are the course of all her problems.
That's why many people dont go to village because if you go at that point in time, who know how village people go handle you thinking you want to use them for rituals

2 Likes

Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by Mood11: 7:08pm On Jan 05, 2022
Let it be the last time you give them your money.
They can go and do their own rituals.
Nonsense angry

1 Like

Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by shortgun(m): 7:14pm On Jan 05, 2022
Hisbah21:
then are you? tell us the truth?
I am not, I don't even know why some people believe that money will sprout in their bedroom without working for it.
Even if it's possible, there must be something you give in exchange for that to happen.
Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by Kobojunkie: 7:18pm On Jan 05, 2022
shortgun:
If you confront a fool, won't that make you a fool by extension? undecided

Won't your confronting her give some level of legitimacy to her claim? undecided
Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by Ibaaboy(m): 7:20pm On Jan 05, 2022
super story
Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Won't your confronting her give some level of legitimacy to her claim? undecided
So all the fools you confront on Nairaland have made you a fool by extension?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by Rosaline5000: 7:33pm On Jan 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:

in this case keeping quiet wont solve anything because nowadays we have some many guys doing yahoo yahoo and ritualist are everywhere so his cousin story can easily be believe and this could not only affect him but also his mother.
And if anything bad happened in that family, they might even blame him for it.
A stitch in time saves nine

3 Likes

Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by Foodqueen(f): 7:34pm On Jan 05, 2022
Don't bother yourself replying her.
Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Jan 05, 2022
Tadeknkeepcalm:
So all the fools you confront on Nairaland have made you a fool by extension?
I don't confront fools even on nairaland... undecided
Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by Acidosis(m): 7:38pm On Jan 05, 2022
Call that your cousin. Make her understand that you're going to sue her. Tell her to prepare her statement and hang up. This is a case of defamation. Do not let this incidence slide o. Many so called "ritualists" today have never met any herbalist or spiritualist in their life. People like your cousin gave the public a wrong impression.

Look, once these people damage your name, no amount of charity, hardwork, or new business can reverse it. Read about Ezego of Ihiala, T.B Joshua, and others.

6 Likes

Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2022
Rosaline5000:
in this case keeping quiet wont solve anything because nowadays we have some many guys doing yahoo yahoo and ritualist are everywhere so his cousin story can easily be believe and this could not only affect him but also his mother.
And if anything bad happened in that family, they might even blame him for it.
A stitch in time saves nine
Have you ever tried to put out a rumor fire before? You solve nothing by doing that. undecided

Confronting his cousin will only serve to add legitimacy to aspects of the story told by her and that isn't good at all. I advise that he ignore and let the rumor die down on its own, this while he continues working on his own life. undecided
Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by OssyMalik: 7:54pm On Jan 05, 2022
Accusing someone of being a ritualist without any evidence is not something to be taken likely. Such accusation can spread and being in a country where anything is believable, you can be a target for people to hurt you. You better confront your ungrateful cousin and tell her how you feel

1 Like

Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by shortgun(m): 8:03pm On Jan 05, 2022
Rosaline5000:
Tell the truth,make sure to vindicate yourself, Nigerians always fear gra gra people and warn that your cousin to stop spoiling your name or you will get her arrested ( not really tho) but put the fear of God in her so she will stop her foolishness.
Many people like blaming others for their problems, she obviously doesn't know how to do the business and burnt all her fishes but instead of learning and trying to raise funds she decided you are the course of all her problems.
That's why many people dont go to village because if you go at that point in time, who know how village people go handle you thinking you want to use them for rituals
She's the daughter of my mum's sister, she can't say such nonsense in my father's village neither can she stop me from going to my mum's village.
If I confront her won't she feel that I am pained by what she said?
Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by shortgun(m): 8:12pm On Jan 05, 2022
Acidosis:
Call that your cousin. Make her understand that you're going to sue her. Tell her to prepare her statement and hang up. This is a case of defamation. Do not let this incidence slide o. Many so called "ritualists" today have never met any herbalist or spiritualist in their life. People like your cousin gave the public a wrong impression.

Look, once these people damage your name, no amount of charity, hardwork, or new business can reverse it. Read about Ezego of Ihiala, T.B Joshua, and others.

I get your point brother, I just feel that doing that will give her my attention that she doesn't deserve.
Also, won't people start to think that I truly have something to hide when I dedicate time, money e.t.c to prove her wrong?
Usually, these type of allegations in my mum's village is always settled by swearing b4 the community deity which I will not want to get involved in.
Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by shortgun(m): 8:14pm On Jan 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Exactly how I am looking at it.

1 Like

Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by rooftops: 8:22pm On Jan 05, 2022
Should I say this is blessing in disguise, at least no one will come to you for unnecessary money which you can channel to other use grin

2 Likes

Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by Bigcowhorn: 8:28pm On Jan 05, 2022
shortgun:

She's the daughter of my mum's sister, she can't say such nonsense in my father's village neither can she stop me from going to my mum's village.

If you don't confront her publicly and fast your reputation is toast.
This is Africa
Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by shortgun(m): 8:29pm On Jan 05, 2022
rooftops:
Should I say this is blessing in disguise, at least no one will come to you for unnecessary money which you can channel to other use grin
Honestly, that the way I see it too but again my reputation is been dragged to the mud here.
Reason why I brought this here is I've spoken to some people about it. Some said I should ignore her while others believe I should clear my name for posterity sake
Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by eyinjuege: 8:32pm On Jan 05, 2022
shortgun:

Report her to the elders of that family and that they should warn her.
Tell them you will never help anyone again from there , and if care is not taken you will sue her to court for trying to spoil your name.
People like to believe the worst about others and the way bad news spread is unbelievable. At least let it be on record that you debunked the rumours. The rumors of you saying it's a lie will also spread, but maybe not as much as her own. Extended famiies like gossiping a lot about each other, so for sure it will spread.
Your mum too should not take it lightly, and should complain to their family head

4 Likes

Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by eniolorunfe: 8:58pm On Jan 05, 2022
shortgun:

I get your point brother, I just feel that doing that will give her my attention that she doesn't deserve.
Also, won't people start to think that I truly have something to hide when I dedicate time, money e.t.c to prove her wrong?
Usually, these type of allegations in my mum's village is always settled by swearing b4 the community deity which I will not want to get involved in.

Abeg this na new year, it’s too early for unnecessary drama. If I were you, I go just dey thank God say the people wey go dey tax me don reduce and continue enjoying my “ritual” money.

1 Like

Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by socialmediaman: 9:07pm On Jan 05, 2022
Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by InterpolEyes: 9:18pm On Jan 05, 2022
Bigcowhorn:

If you don't confront her publicly and fast your reputation is toast.
This is Africa
robber
Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 05, 2022
It's too bad that blaming you for her own faults and spreading rumours about you is what you get for your kindness towards her. Cut her off and do not give her any money ever again. Next time, be discerning with who you help.

2 Likes

Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by gfon(m): 11:26pm On Jan 05, 2022
shortgun:

Honestly, that the way I see it too but again my reputation is been dragged to the mud here.
Reason why I brought this here is I've spoken to some people about it. Some said I should ignore her while others believe I should clear my name for posterity sake
bro don't confront her,you don't have any explanation to give anybody.if such happened to me,i would even be happy,at least let nobody come and bother me for financial aids again.After they have gossiped you finish,they would still come someday for financial aid,just tell them to go and make their own ritual money.

1 Like

Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by Ishilove: 2:36am On Jan 06, 2022
shortgun:

Ignore her and you will be vindicated. Rather, what you should do is block her number and cut her completely out of your life. If you meet her and she comes with her pretence, give her such a cold attitude that she will borrow herself brain and stay away from you. Confronting her will only elevate her to a status that is undeserved.

Let anyone who wants to talk go ahead. At least there will be less leeches to worry about.

3 Likes

Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by JONNYSPUTE(m): 6:21am On Jan 06, 2022
shortgun:
Hello Nairalanders,
There's this my cousin.

....Just forget about her. Don't even allow such to disturb you.

I had such experience on December 25th of last year.
There are this 4 traffic officers close to my estate. Most times when I drove pass,ithey will wave at me and some times I will pull over and dash them little token just to appreciate there job.

So on that date,I was driving to go get some stuffs from spa and stopped over,called them. They were 3 ladies and a guy,so I gave them 10k to share and drove off. On my way back,I heard one of the ladies said "NWOKE OGWU EGO ' meaning. This ritual man.

I was like so because I gave you guys small money to share made me a ritualist?

Human beings sha.

1 Like

Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:48am On Jan 06, 2022
It's childish to confront her.
Ignore her completely
Re: She Said Am A Ritualist by Truvelisback(m): 12:40pm On Jan 06, 2022

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Was My Cousin: / Nigerian Women Ranked Most Unfaithful In The World / Birthday Wishes To Today' Celebrants:(20th February)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.