Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes (30486 Views)

Tinubu Lists Four-Step Solution To Farmer-Herder Crisis / Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do / Atiku vs Buhari: What happened in court on Tuesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by scribble: 10:53pm On Jan 05, 2022
Ahmed0336:

Since I am not educated, was my reply typed in Yoruba?

Never heard of the chemical that causes animals to die after 16hrs. Kindly help me with name.

So what happens after Buhari ceases to be president. Is it that the cows will still have diplomatic immunity because the suya is sweet �?
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by scribble: 10:58pm On Jan 05, 2022
HacheNoire:

Now read what you composed and be sincere with yourself l, do you really think you made sense?

In topics like this, silence is golden if you don’t have constructive criticism.

How does it sound to you? You feel brilliant by the hate inspired idea.

Hello! Where sanity is demanded, you should be nautical miles away

I'm not sure he's being hateful mallam. He's saying that they should relocate the cow and the people that waka with the cow back to the cow state of origin and do ranches there with the plenty land buhari spoke about in same interview

Isn't the hate from the people who are encroaching and killing others on their ancestral land

No wonder mallam will never fix the road, una to like waka dube. Just do the road and train and send us the cow with lorry or train....we will now send u crude oil or whatever it is you want for za cow via the same mode of transport or you send ya aza fa

And then we will take the suya and beer here and everything will be sharia compliance shikenah
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by Lanretoye(m): 11:15pm On Jan 05, 2022
Local leadership how far?,oga say una get hand for this matter...one cow wey lost and how many lives wey lost follow am,oga say una know about am.
Still the same divide and rule method.
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by Mrbenny001: 11:48pm On Jan 05, 2022
I hope you know Fulani will kill 10 human being for one of their killed cow...they will
raze down any village around that area
Sammy07:
Mtcheeewww.

Spray chemicals (insecticides and Herbicides) on the farms make the cows eat am. By the time they gets to their abode they will be dying one by one.

Fayose recommended one chemical like that during his tenure

1 Like

Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by Valuc: 12:00am On Jan 06, 2022
OYO STATE GOVERNOR AND ONE OTHER STATE... Buhari doesn't know the other person name and doesn't remember the state the other came from. He has this history of mistaken ones name for the other ...
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by AfroKnight: 12:00am On Jan 06, 2022
Sammy07:
Mtcheeewww.

Spray chemicals (insecticides and Herbicides) on the farms make the cows eat am. By the time they gets to their abode they will be dying one by one.

I’ll never forget this report I heard on radio years ago! This cost the lives of some farmers in the same Oyo state around 2017 . Fulani herdsmen killed farmers and police still came to arrest the remaining farmers who were not killed. Then forced them into peace talks! Farmers cannot even poison their own crops. They’ll lose their crops and lose their lives.

Fast forward to a year ago. Was it not soldiers who flogged villagers and their Baale the last time they chased these fulani herders out of their farms?

The FG is oppressing farmers and still asking young people to go into farming, without protecting them from killer herdsmen.
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by nedekid: 12:57am On Jan 06, 2022
Lol.
You think you have sense pass cow? Ie nnama?

Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 06, 2022
My biggest shock is that this guy is actually the leader of a Nation in this 21st century.
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by sledge001(m): 1:05am On Jan 06, 2022
[quote author=HacheNoire post=109115953]

Oga, no one ever opposed ranching rather, people were against imposition of ranches allover the country which of course is highly suspicious as previous experiences have proven that the fulanis can not be trusted.
Reason this, hisbah police destroyed thousands of alcoholic beverages in the north which has forced a lot of those in that line of business to relocate. The FG never stepped in or intervened.
I'm the same light, cow biz is personal and the FG should not be involved.
The North has vast lands for ranching and even Kano State governor Gandollars has invited fulanis to come and set up ranches there but no, they rather litter all over the country recking havoc.
The problem with these people is their inability to follow the laws of the land. Land owners say they no want una, una no go where dem de welcome una?
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by moshino(m): 1:42am On Jan 06, 2022
Sammy07:
Mtcheeewww.

What happens to humans when they eat food harvested from those farms you have polluted with your suggested chemicals?
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by VEHINTOLAR: 2:24am On Jan 06, 2022
Failure !
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by Arkmanbuddy(m): 2:52am On Jan 06, 2022
HacheNoire:

When ranching was suggested via FG support, same called people called it Fulanization and killed the idea

It was a good initiative that was killed with tribal and religious bigotry.

If plan had been implemented then, herders would have been caged by now and left alone to feed their live stock. Accountability would have been too notched and same time revenue generation for states.

But hate does not make most Nigerians see.

I don't think you know what you're saying at all. Nobody kicked against ranching, all we said was that it should be done in the states the herders are from. You don't expect Southern Governors to give you land to ranch, that's stupid to even think that.

There's more land in the North. Anyone interested in ranching should do it in their States, then find a way to transport forages from the nearest location they can find it. Simple!
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by HacheNoire: 3:07am On Jan 06, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:

I don't think you know what you're saying at all. Nobody kicked against ranching, all we said was that it should be done in the states the herders are from. You don't expect Southern Governors to give you land to ranch, that's stupid to even think that.

There's more land in the North. Anyone interested in ranching should do it in their States, then find a way to transport forages from the nearest location they can find it. Simple!

Do you read the points you are trying to raise?

Please be raise something more diplomatic and realistic .

Your is point is glaringly born out of hate.

Where is it done in the world. That a citizen is confined to his home state based. On his trade

The way you lots reason is embarrassing
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by MemoriesAndMe: 3:09am On Jan 06, 2022
HacheNoire:

When ranching was suggested via FG support, same called people called it Fulanization and killed the idea

If plan had been implemented then, herders would have been caged by now and left alone to feed their live stock. Accountability would have been too notched and same time revenue generation for states.

No one really criticized ranching, what they criticized was RUGA. If cattle rearing is a private business, why ask for free lands from different parts of the country?

The cattles are someone's assets and should also be that person's liabilities when it comes to building ranches for his or her cattle , not going to other people's farms to feed your cattle, asking for free land from the states while he keeps all the profit from their sale to himself and handles zero liabilities. That a parasitic relationship which everyone should avoid with anyone
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by HacheNoire: 3:16am On Jan 06, 2022
MemoriesAndMe:

No one really criticized ranching, what they criticized was RUGA. If cattle rearing is a private business, why ask for free lands from different parts of the country?

The cattles are someone's assets and should also be that person's liabilities when it comes to building ranches for his or her cattle , not going to other people's farms to feed your cattle, asking for free land from the states while he keeps all the profit from their sale to himself and handles zero liabilities. That a parasitic relationship which everyone should avoid with anyone

Where did you read about “free lands”

This is just the point! Y’all shot it down without even knowing what the initiative was about., and this was all born of hate and religious bigotry

If I should tell you to propose a better solution, the best you can offer is they return to their region, which is No point made, as it’s crude, uncivilized and undiplomatic
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by naijaking1: 3:22am On Jan 06, 2022
So, a farmer and his family gets wiped out by armed herdsmen, Buhari's solution would be better communication between the farmer and his assailant?
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by royalamour(m): 4:18am On Jan 06, 2022
Ahmed0336:

Ask people wey cows die for their farms as a result of this approach how e end.

How ee end? So you mean cows should feast on people's crops?

Is it not plain stu.pi.d?

I think the insecticide approach should be adopted asap by all Nigerian farmers.
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by Enyimbamercedes: 4:26am On Jan 06, 2022
Fantastically stupid individual
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by puzzlegate(m): 5:22am On Jan 06, 2022
HacheNoire:

Ranching where ? In Northern land or southern Land ? Go to your place and be doing Ranching there !
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by puzzlegate(m): 5:30am On Jan 06, 2022
RiceProducers:

Nigeria is a funny country. People think they know but don't. Ranching is the oldest form of animal husbandry. There is nothing modern about it. In fact herdsmen started as ranchers before being displaced by wars and climate change.
In the Bible, someone married two daughters of one man as a rancher and became a herdsman after that.

Very few people are adopting ranching apart from governments in Nigeria in spite of all these superior airs about ranching, why? Because is fucking expensive that is why. Go and put your money in it and we check the figures in 3 years.

Governments can do ranching but they should also do grazing zones for small holder livestock farmers.

Simple enough if you actually think.
Grazing zone where now ? In the south ? Dead at arrival !
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by puzzlegate(m): 5:35am On Jan 06, 2022
HacheNoire:

Now read what you composed and be sincere with yourself l, do you really think you made sense?

In topics like this, silence is golden if you don’t have constructive criticism.

How does it sound to you? You feel brilliant by the hate inspired idea.

Hello! Where sanity is demanded, you should be nautical miles away
Yes o ! The man you quoted has a point. Carry your cows to your place and do all the Ranching you want. Stop raping and killing middle belters and southerners with your Nama !
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by Nobody: 5:40am On Jan 06, 2022
The HATE for Igbo's joins us together

If he said this to south east governor everybody will support him and ask Igbo's where is ESN and EBUBE AGU

THERE IS A CALL TO BOYCOTT COW MEAT AND OTHER FOODS BROUGHT FROM THE NORTH IN IGBO LAND Other regions was laughing that hunger will kill Igbo's in that thread others was happy because more food for their region

But when there was attack in northern market in south west last year and the north threatened shut down of supply to south west....Igbo's are first to support in solidarity they don't want their food supply anymore either.

ANY DAY IGBO'S UNDERSTAND THEIR PLACE IN NIGERIA WE WILL GO IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK YOU HAVE IN ANY PART OF NIGERIA BUT AS FAR AS WE DON'T.....THE HATE THEY HAVE FOR US WILL ALWAYS KEEP NIGERIA UNITED and neither them or us will enjoy Nigeria no matter who's in charge of the affairs of it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by puzzlegate(m): 5:40am On Jan 06, 2022
HacheNoire:

That’s was the whole idea to settle the herders. Like I said, Hate and bigotry did not make the initiate see light of the day. It was thrown out. People had the right to propose terms and make adjustment to initiative on one common goal, but fulanization was in the air that focus was lost.

As at today, the problem continues with no better solution other than ranching.

Lands could be leased,
State parastatals monitoring activity of ranches
They will be taxed
It will expose used suburbs and bring about employment
Animal disease control and monitoring
Top notch database for herders and cattles. Where states can give you factual figures of the count of Cattles and herdsmen.

The benefits are endless, and the major focus about insecurity is defeated. At that point, anybody wandering in the bush will face full wrath of the law.
Did you say today the problem continues ? It's a lie o, over 70% of south is free of herdsmen menace now o . Especially the East . Fulani have run away with their cows
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by puzzlegate(m): 5:42am On Jan 06, 2022
lagonovo:
So what's the current status in Oyo State?
We hardly hear any breaking news about Fulani attacks anymore. What changed? Makinde eventually got the issue resolved?
You don't need to resolve anything. Just chase them away, simple !
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by eefeem: 6:21am On Jan 06, 2022
It's evident with most response to the topic here that majority of the so called educated are myopic, gullible and lack deep thinking. The media using the internet space has turned most of them to hateful souls.
Simple things to ask yourself
*Has there been clash btw farmers and herders before now?
*What happened to the herders in SW and SE since after July?
*Herders were accused of kidnapping, but when the kidnappers were arrested about 90% of them are indigenes of the locality. Is your brain not telling you something ?
*When Anini a bus conductor robbed, does that warrant the labelling of all bus conductors as robber or labelling his whole ethnic groups?

It's time you ppl with hateful souls think and see deep for you to progress in life.
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by eefeem: 6:26am On Jan 06, 2022
Chase them away? Herders are no more in Oyo State? Budo Musa is central market for cattle in ibarapa axis of the state is bubbling as ever, Akiyele cattle market has become fuller. Allowing the media to make you not to have an independent mind is not good for your mental health. Sit and calm down then read out what you wrote, does it make sense to you?
Chase them out? To? grin grin grin

puzzlegate:
You don't need to resolve anything. Just chase them away, simple !
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by Sammy07: 6:48am On Jan 06, 2022
Mrbenny001:
I hope you know Fulani will kill 10 human being for one of their killed cow...they will
raze down any village around that area

Lol, forget. So they'll know where the cow ate the poisonous crops?

Nahhh, except they expose themselves
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by Sammy07: 6:49am On Jan 06, 2022
royalamour:

How ee end? So you mean cows should feast on people's crops?

Is it not plain stu.pi.d?

I think the insecticide approach should be adopted asap by all Nigerian farmers.

No mind the mumu guy... The ones that didn't put insecticide, they killed farmers and ate the crops
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by OTlandlord: 7:00am On Jan 06, 2022
See papa wey suppose settle fight....they send the children message. This man serious like this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour / PDP Group Tells Buhari To Resign / Buhari Meets With Top Executives In Washington...photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.