Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes (30484 Views)

Tinubu Lists Four-Step Solution To Farmer-Herder Crisis / Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do / Atiku vs Buhari: What happened in court on Tuesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by Rayjnr: 7:11am On Jan 06, 2022
rayvelez:
Buhari is a dullard president maupe don cast him tonight. Baba is denying direct primary dat emerged him as candidate in 2015.

Buhari did not emerge through direct primary, let's talk with facts
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by Orosotare(m): 8:09am On Jan 06, 2022
Is like all this pple going to this man don't know how to canter him
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by luizpippo(m): 8:09am On Jan 06, 2022
Ahmed0336:

Thanks lemme check it out

No go kill Buhari favorite pet o
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by soojar(m): 10:00am On Jan 06, 2022
HacheNoire:

That’s was the whole idea to settle the herders. Like I said, Hate and bigotry did not make the initiate see light of the day. It was thrown out. People had the right to propose terms and make adjustment to initiative on one common goal, but fulanization was in the air that focus was lost.

As at today, the problem continues with no better solution other than ranching.

Lands could be leased,
State parastatals monitoring activity of ranches
They will be taxed
It will expose used suburbs and bring about employment
Animal disease control and monitoring
Top notch database for herders and cattles. Where states can give you factual figures of the count of Cattles and herdsmen.

The benefits are endless, and the major focus about insecurity is defeated. At that point, anybody wandering in the bush will face full wrath of the law.

You aren't getting it.

If the FG is sincere about security and not supporting outdated movement of cattles all over the country the large expanse of land in many northern states is enough to take care of this.

If southern states are saying they don't kave the kind of land that can take care of the Ruga initiative what of all the northern states that have indicated interest?

For your information, 3 states in the north were ready to take off immediately if the FG is ready to implement with funds, so what's stopping FG? Or it's only the unavailable land in the south that is good for RUGA? Buhari himself said it in the interview on Channels that where will the land for additional state in the South East come from, but yet the same South East must provide land to satisfy the first citizens of Nigeria.

Your FG is not being sincere with itself and everybody.
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by Ubanz: 12:23pm On Jan 06, 2022
buhari wants us to remain in the era of wild wild west.
With cowboys roaming every nook and cranny.
That was America in the 18th century.
The US have upgraded and so we will.
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by MemoriesAndMe: 1:05pm On Jan 06, 2022
HacheNoire:

Where did you read about “free lands”

This is just the point! Y’all shot it down without even knowing what the initiative was about., and this was all born of hate and religious bigotry

If I should tell you to propose a better solution, the best you can offer is they return to their region, which is No point made, as it’s crude, uncivilized and undiplomatic

The best solution is for the owners of the cattles to purchase or lease their lands and build their ranches on them, same way farmers purchase or lease the lands they farm on. Simply moving cattle around is archaic.
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by HacheNoire: 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2022
MemoriesAndMe:

The best solution is for the owners of the cattles to purchase or lease their lands and build their ranches on them, same way farmers purchase or lease the lands they farm on. Simply moving cattle around is archaic.

You keep solidifying my point.

What was the initiative of RUGA? Was it not to give get them grants to do that and set them rolling, as it’s done in advanced nations?

You see, that initiative was shot down without review because of hate and ethnic bigotry. It’s was never looked into or debated. People just assuming.

Free land, or owners should personally acquire land. Where is it done? Do you think those massive ranches you see in USA and Australia were bought outrightly by owners?

So your objection now is because the Federal government delved in to tackle insecurity?

Smh…..
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by HacheNoire: 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2022
soojar:

You aren't getting it.

If the FG is sincere about security and not supporting outdated movement of cattles all over the country the large expanse of land in many northern states is enough to take care of this.

If southern states are saying they don't kave the kind of land that can take care of the Ruga initiative what of all the northern states that have indicated interest?

For your information, 3 states in the north were ready to take off immediately if the FG is ready to implement with funds, so what's stopping FG? Or it's only the unavailable land in the south that is good for RUGA? Buhari himself said it in the interview on Channels that where will the land for additional state in the South East come from, but yet the same South East must provide land to satisfy the first citizens of Nigeria.

Your FG is not being sincere with itself and everybody.

Don’t raise your point or introduce it in a public discussion. It will be so embarrassing..

What is your problem with the Fg setting a path to ranch ownership?

Imagine what you wrote up there, can you publicly debate where critical resolutions are demanded?

I think I am done with this discussion, cos I keep going lower.

They should go back up North Smh…
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by mistarsam(m): 4:47pm On Jan 06, 2022
HacheNoire:

When ranching was suggested via FG support, same called people called it Fulanization and killed the idea

It was a good initiative that was killed with tribal and religious bigotry.

If plan had been implemented then, herders would have been caged by now and left alone to feed their live stock. Accountability would have been too notched and same time revenue generation for states.

But hate does not make most Nigerians see.

Why was the FG adamant to site the ranching project in states that were not traditionally known for cattle rearing? E.g north central and south East. Can't the ranching be done in the the north west and cattles transported to the south for sales? In fact, the beef can be processed into canned beef and sold to the south and neighbouring countries (Chad, Niger). Talk about comparative advantage and vertical integration
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by HacheNoire: 5:57pm On Jan 06, 2022
mistarsam:

Why was the FG adamant to site the ranching project in states that were not traditionally known for cattle rearing? E.g north central and south East. Can't the ranching be done in the the north west and cattles transported to the south for sales? In fact, the beef can be processed into canned beef and sold to the south and neighbouring countries (Chad, Niger). Talk about comparative advantage and vertical integration

When you raise uncivilized points like this, it’s really embarrassing. So you evicting the trades men back to their region because of hate and the few criminals amongs them.

Do you have leadership qualities at all? Do you have an idea what your archaic proposal can degenerate too? I am certain you don’t.

Let me enlighten you if you don’t know. Herdsmen have been across. Iberia from time immemorial, and farmer/herdsmen clashes is over 4 decades old. Previous administration have never thoroughly dealt with conflicts and here you have a president wanting to to address in the best possible way, but hate, ethnic and religious bigotry as blinded many.

I will go back to your point again, have you ever at a time claimed to have leadership qualities? If you did, you lied. Your proposal can only be debated on faceless forum, you can’t deliberate about it where brilliant and smart people are critically debating on how to get a win win from the situation

I know the next you will tell me is that beef should be ferried across Nigeria on a daily basis without considering even the nation’s transportation challenges.

Bring more brilliant insight better than ranching, I will debate. But saying herdsmen to return to their state is embarrassing
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by MemoriesAndMe: 6:19pm On Jan 06, 2022
HacheNoire:

You keep solidifying my point.

What was the initiative of RUGA? Was it not to give get them grants to do that and set them rolling, as it’s done in advanced nations?

You see, that initiative was shot down without review because of hate and ethnic bigotry. It’s was never looked into or debated. People just assuming.

Free land, or owners should personally acquire land. Where is it done? Do you think those massive ranches you see in USA and Australia were bought outrightly by owners?

So your objection now is because the Federal government delved in to tackle insecurity?

Smh…..

I have no objections to anything the government wants to do, all I did was re-echo what everyone said - owners of cattle are responsible for their animals. Some governors even promised lands that these owners could lease - after all they make and keep the profits from the sales of their animals.

What you just mentioned about RUGA being a way to finance cattle herders is strange to me. Isn't cattle herding under same agriculture as farming? Why can't cattle herders get same government loans some farmers get to start their farms and use same to build their ranches?

I don't think this has anything to do with tribalism or bigotry, agriculture is agriculture. Farming, animal husbandry, fishing etc are all forms of agriculture and all tribes practice them without bothering eachother. People started to have problems when animals started eating farmers' crops in several parts of the country, which shouldn't be the case if everyone practiced their chosen form of agriculture on their leased or owned properties, versus moving from place to place and damaging farms through the process.

The government could have considered that some of these herders may not have the funds to lease of buy a farmland for their business and granted them loans to help them improve on their chosen form of agriculture wherever they wanted. Rather, the porposal was on establishing RUGA settlements in various parts of the nation, which won't sit down well with some parts of the nation that are yet to recover from what cattles have done to the farms in their areas.
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by soojar(m): 6:37pm On Jan 06, 2022
HacheNoire:

Don’t raise your point or introduce it in a public discussion. It will be so embarrassing..

What is your problem with the Fg setting a path to ranch ownership?

Imagine what you wrote up there, can you publicly debate where critical resolutions are demanded?

I think I am done with this discussion, cos I keep going lower.

They should go back up North Smh…

You gave the perfect argument of someone whose cluelessness has been exposed.

A very simple question that you could have responded to if you know what you are saying. What is stopping the FG from starting the RUGA in the 3 northern states with massive land mass and have also indicated their readiness? Or must it be land in the south before the program can start? No answer to that?

I ask another: Can the FG demand land of such size in Zamfara state for piggery and all hell will not let loose?

NB: I don't expect you to answer, I expect you to start throwing insults to cover up as usual

1 Like

Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by mistarsam(m): 8:44pm On Jan 06, 2022
HacheNoire:

When you raise uncivilized points like this, it’s really embarrassing. So you evicting the trades men back to their region because of hate and the few criminals amongs them.

Do you have leadership qualities at all? Do you have an idea what your archaic proposal can degenerate too? I am certain you don’t.

Let me enlighten you if you don’t know. Herdsmen have been across. Iberia from time immemorial, and farmer/herdsmen clashes is over 4 decades old. Previous administration have never thoroughly dealt with conflicts and here you have a president wanting to to address in the best possible way, but hate, ethnic and religious bigotry as blinded many.

I will go back to your point again, have you ever at a time claimed to have leadership qualities? If you did, you lied. Your proposal can only be debated on faceless forum, you can’t deliberate about it where brilliant and smart people are critically debating on how to get a win win from the situation

I know the next you will tell me is that beef should be ferried across Nigeria on a daily basis without considering even the nation’s transportation challenges.

Bring more brilliant insight better than ranching, I will debate. But saying herdsmen to return to their state is embarrassing

You are trying to sound smart with all this civilization and leadership tales. Each region has what grows best/peculiar Agribusiness in their areas. Don't Force anything cattle down the throats of Southerners/Middle belters. Let interested private cattle rearers be the one to push for ranch establishment.

It's visible to the blind that this government is sympathetic to the cause of the AK-47 wielding herdsmen we have around. Don't be an unpaid or underpaid (30k monthly stipends) spokesperson for criminals. Please don't quote me again with your insults disguised as comments.
Re: Buhari: What I Told Governor Makinde When He Visited Over Farmer-Herder Clashes by mistarsam(m): 8:46pm On Jan 06, 2022
soojar:

You gave the perfect argument of someone whose cluelessness has been exposed.

A very simple question that you could have responded to if you know what you are saying. What is stopping the FG from starting the RUGA in the 3 northern states with massive land mass and have also indicated their readiness? Or must it be land in the south before the program can start? No answer to that?

I ask another: Can the FG demand land of such size in Zamfara state for piggery and all hell will not let loose?

NB: I don't expect you to answer, I expect you to start throwing insults to cover up as usual
no mind am. na herdsman with access to the internet nah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ekiti APC Governorship Primary Results Collation 2022 (Photos) / Stalemate In APC, PDP As Governors, Stakeholders Disagree Over Running Mates / Wike, Others Take Anti-Atiku Battle To Bala Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.