Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos (31132 Views)

Suggest A Good Business That #300k Can Start. / 200k Lagos Job Vs 300k Kaduna Job, Which One Will You Prefer And Give Reason? / Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 06, 2022
nitt:
Abuja o.

Frankly speaking, I don't think I can ever take a job in Lagos outside of 2 or 3 Government Agencies which I will not mention here.

I rather take an 80k job in other places than take a 200k job in Lagos.

Accommodation and Transportation stress alone is enough to rewire ones brain.

And, I grew up in Lagos.
Traffic in Lagos is crazy

1 Like

Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 06, 2022
Sirchiboy:
Mercy can you house me for 6months until I get a job, please.
I just graduated last year and I plan moving to Lagos for a greener pasture

Ah! lipsrsealed... House you ke?
I'm a single sister and I'm not allowed to bring male visitors to my house let alone live with one. I wish I could but... I'm sorry dear.

How about taking up one school job with accommodation being advertised here by one Judith.
Search for the post. It's a school and they offer accommodation if you work for them. Just he careful when doing your findings. I don't know them from anywhere. I only see the post here on nairaland at the beginning of every new term. That's how I got to know about it.

1 Like

Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by Sirchiboy: 5:26pm On Jan 06, 2022
Mercychen:

Ah! lipsrsealed... House you ke?
I'm a single sister and I'm not allowed to bring male visitors to my house let alone live with one. I wish I could but... I'm sorry dear.

How about taking up one school job with accommodation being advertised here by one Judith.
Search for the post. It's a school and they offer accommodation if you work for them. Just he careful when doing your findings. I don't know them from anywhere. I only see the post there in nairaland at the beginning of every new term. That's how I got to know about it.

Thanks, Mercy.
Do you have the link to the post
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 06, 2022
Sirchiboy:
Thanks, Mercy.
Do you have the link to the post

Go to education section. Or type "school job with accommodation lekki" in the search bar. Hopefully it will pop up.
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by mamawa123: 5:28pm On Jan 06, 2022
I thought all these made up fake stories will end in 2021
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by BlackSan: 5:29pm On Jan 06, 2022
Sirchiboy:
I beseech you now,
Get me that job now and let me believe.
Prove me right by getting me a job that pay that amount then I will forever be grateful to you uncle

Lmao
You sound desperate but I have one answer for you.
Tech!!
Learn a digital skill then getting a high paying job wouldn't be an issue.
Least I forget, you would need at least 6 months to a year to learn though depending on the skill you pick.
I suggest you go for frontend as a newbie.

Then again, there are some online jobs you can apply for if you have no finance at all. Check out Transcribeme, you get paid to Transcribe audios into written files but you have to pass their exam.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by dododawa1: 5:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
Lie Muhammad cousin has started again in 2022,
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by tradepunter: 5:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
Oseigha:
Dear Nairalanders.
I currently have two job offers on the table. One is in Abuja and the pay is about N200,000 a month, while the other is in Lagos and the pay is about N300,000. I am presently based in Abuja and have never stayed in Lagos. I only visited on occasions. The Lagos offer is tempting but I am kind of apprehensive about relocating there because of the challenges that come with staying in Lagos.
Please I need your inputs. Which would you rather choose, the Lagos offer or the Abuja one?
Serious suggestions only please!

Stay in Abuja ooooo

I myself left Abuja for lagos and to be frank lagos is crap.

Abuja has better networking of people when you know your onion...

But lagos is just a big lie, where everyone wants to cut corners and outdo you... They call it smartness but I call it filth of the highest order.

That pay isn't bad in Abuja... Even growth career growth na issue for lagos...

1 Like

Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by Sirchiboy: 5:33pm On Jan 06, 2022
BlackSan:

Lmao
You sound desperate but I have one answer for you.
Tech!!
Learn a digital skill then getting a high paying job wouldn't be an issue.
Least I forget, you would need at least 6 months to a year to learn though depending on the skill you pick.
I suggest you go for frontend as a newbie.

Then again, there are some online jobs you can apply for if you have no finance at all. Check out Transcribeme, you get paid to Transcribe audios into written files but you have to pass their exam.
List the tech jobs please
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by Clinghton: 5:33pm On Jan 06, 2022
At least you know your daily expense in abj if you accept the job, try knowing how much it would cost you in lag (apartment, transport etc).
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by BlackSan: 5:34pm On Jan 06, 2022
mamawa123:
I thought all these made up fake stories will end in 2021

And you knew it was fake how? Is 200k too much as a salary for you? Stop acting ignorant in this new year, I saw many like you up there calling it false because of the amount, it's a new year, how about making good use of your phone.
There's more to what your phone can do than trolling ignorantly.
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by BlackSan: 5:37pm On Jan 06, 2022
Sirchiboy:

List the tech jobs please

Web dev
Software engineer
Ui/Ux design
Data scientist/analyst
Cyber security
Mobile developer

You can make research yourself
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by Ezmans: 5:40pm On Jan 06, 2022
Mood11:
Stay in Abuja.
Maintain your apartment and earn your 200k in peace.

If you relocate to Lagos, rent, expenses and miscellaneous will reduce your 300k to 100k or less
if you like your self stay in abuja
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by Franking: 5:40pm On Jan 06, 2022
Lagos and 300k biko. Lagos na the place.
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by ekukeku(m): 5:41pm On Jan 06, 2022
Jamie1000:

My brother, the matter tire person. Where them dey see this jobs abeg

Everything na connections, even m way I dey work for just 40k, walahi talahi na connection I take enter
Just imagine 40k of mine to 200k or 300k of d op �
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by Sirchiboy: 5:42pm On Jan 06, 2022
BlackSan:

Web dev
Software engineer
Ui/Ux design
Data scientist/analyst
Cyber security
Mobile developer

You can make research yourself
Which one did you learn?
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by cooltola(m): 5:45pm On Jan 06, 2022
Oseigha:
Dear Nairalanders.
I currently have two job offers on the table. One is in Abuja and the pay is about N200,000 a month, while the other is in Lagos and the pay is about N300,000. I am presently based in Abuja and have never stayed in Lagos. I only visited on occasions. The Lagos offer is tempting but I am kind of apprehensive about relocating there because of the challenges that come with staying in Lagos.
Please I need your inputs. Which would you rather choose, the Lagos offer or the Abuja one?
hook a brother up with the job
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by lextube: 5:50pm On Jan 06, 2022
tosbobby:
If the Lagos offer comes from a reputable firm it is very okay and at the end, your monthly net savings would be around N230,000.00

Know fully well that if you decided to work at Abuja your net savings would be around 140 to 150k

A firm that is willing to pay you N300k will surely promote you over time.

Conclusion
- There is no significant difference in the cost of living in both states
- If you have dream of being your own boss and creating business of your own in the future please take the Lagos offer as it will help you to raise capital and pursue your dream.
Lagos is your best shot.

Best if luck.

I agree with you bros.

1 Like

Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by Testimony1988(m): 5:53pm On Jan 06, 2022
Stay where you are used to.
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by nitt: 5:57pm On Jan 06, 2022
newoffer:
Lagos traffic is on break now. Traffic will resume next Monday. Road free now. Vi to surulere by Uber is 600 naira few days ago

I love that 'on break' grin
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by kaywhy09(m): 5:57pm On Jan 06, 2022
Tale
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by nitt: 5:58pm On Jan 06, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
Traffic in Lagos is crazy

Hell on Earth
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by nitt: 6:00pm On Jan 06, 2022
faithfull18:

Why won't you mention, just complete what you started.

Hhmmm grin
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by Solofresh2: 6:02pm On Jan 06, 2022
I don't care undecided
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by kevinexit(m): 6:15pm On Jan 06, 2022
Oseigha:
Dear Nairalanders.

where Una take dey see all these jobs... self? I nor get work ooo.. I dey find work abeg help me...Na God I take beg una. make Una help me... this year don start again.. I just dey think how I go take survive.. Abeg make Una help me.. na Job I dey find ooo
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by whytediamond(m): 6:17pm On Jan 06, 2022
tosbobby:
If the Lagos offer comes from a reputable firm it is very okay and at the end, your monthly net savings would be around N230,000.00

Know fully well that if you decided to work at Abuja your net savings would be around 140 to 150k

Conclusion
- If you have dream of being your own boss and creating business of your own in the future please take the Lagos offer as it will help you to raise capital and pursue your dream.
Lagos is your best shot.

Best if luck.

You've said it all.
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by victorazy(m): 6:17pm On Jan 06, 2022
Oseigha:
Dear Nairalanders.

Lagos road traffic conditions...
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by victorazy(m): 6:21pm On Jan 06, 2022
tosbobby:

Conclusion
Lagos is your best shot.

Best if luck.

Literary the cost of accommodation of both state are same, How about inconveniences of road traffic in Lagos? It may demand more fortune.
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by WIZGUY69(m): 6:26pm On Jan 06, 2022
Dreytonisback:
All these salary jobs Sha
Even if I'm paid 500k monthly I won't do any salary job
I'm not discouraging those doing it , it's just my own opinion .
I'll rather take the risk of not sleeping than waking up at 4am to struggle for bus and prolly end up kidnapped in this buhari regime

Lights up my kpoli in peace

This one don collect $100 itunes card grin

1 Like

Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by Dedonrukky: 6:34pm On Jan 06, 2022
Consider the reputation of both firms and chances of growth in the job position in the near future before making a decision.
Re: 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos by Paretomaster1(m): 6:45pm On Jan 06, 2022
You heard everyone.... Na Abuja sure pass

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oil And Gas Sector Latest Recruitment 2017 (11 Vacant Positions) / Things You Didn’t Know About Those Commissioned Into The Nigerian Army / 15k Salary Job....life After Graduation Is Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.