Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,990 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris (11553 Views)

Penelope Cruz At Age 40 Is The New Bond Girl / Genevieve Nnaji The New Bond Girl? Spotted With Robert De Niro / Genevieve To Be The Next Bond Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Earnshaw(m): 12:53pm On Jun 20, 2011
I know, i know, dele odule would be the next jack bauer.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by opribo(m): 12:57pm On Jun 20, 2011
If Agbani Darego could do it I believe any other Naija babe can do berra. Anyway Genevieve nothing spoil, show them the stuff you are made off next time. You cam make it go for it.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by MRBrownJ: 1:37pm On Jun 20, 2011
if any of these 9jaactor/actresses were THAT good, they would be given roles in international movies by international producers. just because they shot NOLLYWOOD movies abroad, some people now think they are international, bwaaaaah!

none of them has what it takes to BE an actor/actress. just because they are the best 9ja got doesnt mean shiit!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Rossikk(m): 2:57pm On Jun 20, 2011
Ola-Ray said

The question is: Who the hell is James Bond, and why the hell should Genevieve Nnaji give a toss about stripping nake.d before this ever lecherous white ''hero''?

I say to hell with James Bond.

They didnt ask her to be a bond girl so you dont need to burst vessel over the issue

You do NOT know what transpired between them and her so zip your lips.

Genevieve is far too decent and gorgeous to play James Bond's latest fling ho.

How many nake.d  ladies  have you seen on James Bond?

I've lost count. I probably started watching them before you were conceived.

Who the hell is James Bond

with a $6m pay day,  well compared to £8k Gene gets per home movie

Since your god is money I can imagine why you would think that's all that matters.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by vislabraye(m): 4:12pm On Jun 20, 2011
Well, I think country matters
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by babyboy3(m): 4:25pm On Jun 20, 2011
You do NOT know what transpired between them and her so zip your lips.

They didnt ask her,  the only person they considered apart from Naomie was the Indian/Portugese lady from Slum Dog Millionaire,  Thats FACT for you

I've lost count. I probably started watching them before you were conceived.

NAME ONE? (I love to see what your going to come up with)

Since your god is money I can imagine why you would think that's all that matters.

You know what I wouldnt even respond to that statement,
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by THEAMAKA(f): 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2011
Its not that our Nigerian actors/actresses suck, they pretty much have no choice other than to suck. Nollywood does not give room for people to grow. look at the type of movies being churned out, it's the same thing! so how would you expect to see anyone's full potential in those "shot-in-12-days" type of movies? I don't blame Genevieve for having to sit back for now, unless she gets more movies like Ije, Mirror Boy, etc.
Nollywood is really not an industry for growth, so i can't really blame the ones that seem so crappy. Its their livelihood, so they pretty much have no choice.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by MRBrownJ: 6:36pm On Jun 20, 2011
^^^you are absolutely right but i still blame these actors for not pursuing their "art" elsewhere, and rather sit on the BS they call Nollywood as the "top of the world".

some of them have never taken an acting class in their lives, let alone study this art fully. yes, many can play their role, who wouldnt when working with directors who (themselves) dont know shiit AND/OR dont care about what it take to be a great actor.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by THEAMAKA(f): 7:20pm On Jun 20, 2011
^ ^ ^ lol, you have a point. btw, were you banned? undecided
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by babyboy3(m): 7:29pm On Jun 20, 2011
@The AMAKA,

I do understand your point! but she could seek for better roles in Better industries, she could move to further her career abroad, she could invest in herself a year or 2 in an acting school, it wont kill her or all of them,  theirs so many roles mostly in movies that are related to African History. Do you think Hollywood would rather pay $000s for someone learn to speak broken English and waste months when someone like Genevieve is available.

In the 80s we thought we could compete with the rest of the world in football with players playing in our local league but not until when players moved out, Nigeria became better,  the same in the Music industry
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by MRBrownJ: 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2011
^^ only the day they get down their high horses about that silly "second largest movie industry in the world" crap, would they be able to move forward.

THE AMAKA:

^ ^ ^ lol, you have a point. btw, were you banned? undecided

yes thanks to the silly spambot. . . . . . aaaaaah NL!!!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by kobikwelu(m): 8:09pm On Jun 20, 2011
first things first,

SEAN CONNERY   WAS THE BEST BOND EVER!!!!!

2NDly,

i love genny, (IMHO she is the best nigerian female actor out there) but sorry hun, this is a bit outta your league,

she should hobnobb with their actors guild, enroll in acting school over there(atleast there would be some roles for the best african female actress by some producer interested in giving her a chance; not shooting for unrealistic roles, )

with time she can be able to break  into their industry
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Nayah(f): 9:35pm On Jun 20, 2011
Yes I agree Sean Connery and Roger Moore were the best for James Bond
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by MRBrownJ: 9:42pm On Jun 20, 2011
and the winner for worst James Bond's actor goes to. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Timothy Dalton!!!!!!!!!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Thirst4Lif: 10:53pm On Jun 20, 2011
she should hobnobb with their actors guild, enroll in acting school over there(atleast there would be some roles for the best african female actress by some producer interested in giving her a chance; not shooting for unrealistic roles, )

with time she can be able to break into their industry

You've made true statements. But, also with time comes age. She's now 32 years old. The movie

industry leans toward the young, so she'd better start setting goals for herself soon.

The clock is ticking.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by manneger(m): 10:55pm On Jun 20, 2011
But why is this nolywood 2nd best with all dis ablacataabla they r doin, gene u no fit 4 d role at all, no b beecos of ur igbo acent because chinese english is not lyke uk english but dey stil act holywood film, is just dat u r not fit, can u strip naked when showering, can jump frm one car to anoda, can u drive lyke hell,
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by THEAMAKA(f): 11:50pm On Jun 20, 2011
manneger:

But why is this nolywood 2nd best with all dis ablacataabla they r doin, gene u no fit 4 d role at all, no b beecos of your igbo acent because chinese english is not lyke uk english but dey stil act holywood film, is just dat u r not fit, can u strip unclothed when showering, can jump frm one car to anoda, can u drive lyke hell,
your statement sounds dumb. you dont have to do all that to make it in Hollywood. haba! is that all you think hollywood is? look at the likes of Whoopi Goldberg and others like her. . . anywayz.
Nollywood isn't the second best, just the second largest.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by dichana: 2:34pm On Jun 21, 2011
Wow so much fucking negativity here.if i can recall correctly when gene was rumored to be bond girl that thread wasnt full with praises or support.but all of a sudden she looses d role there is so much fucking hate and preaching 101 why do you guys prey and latch towards negativity, why do u dwell and support negativity, Na wa oh, Nigerians when are we going to start supporting our own see how all of una pull gene down is it fair ask urself, Anyway bond girl isnt the only role in nollywood.Many fishes in d sea and am sure gene would catch one peace out everyone , Welcome positivity and leave out negativity,

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by babyboy3(m): 3:18pm On Jun 21, 2011
Anyway bond girl isnt the only role in nollywood.Many fishes in d sea and am sure gene would catch one peace out everyone

TRUE!!!!!!!!!

Theirs Charlies Angels or Sex and the City
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by koyaabj: 5:19pm On Jun 21, 2011
No mind me, se bi gene fit understand the english wey the bond man go speak, my friend that is a tall dream for her, bond is not an ordinary film it is being sponsored by the british goverment, so gene does not fit in anyway, if she want she can produce her own film and name it Bond, afterall nija has always been copying oyinbo film. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by babyboy3(m): 8:06pm On Jun 21, 2011
You've made true statements. But, also with time comes age. She's now 32 years old. The movie

industry leans toward the young, so she'd better start setting goals for herself soon.

The clock is ticking.

Look Idris Elba was rubbish when he was acting in some sitcom in England, the show was pulled from the screen thats when he made a bold decision to move to America re-establish himself and look at him now its never too late

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&xhr=t&q=idris+elba&cp=4&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1024&bih=653&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 22, 2011
baby-boy:

@The AMAKA,

I do understand your point! but she could seek for better roles in Better industries, she could move to further her career abroad, she could invest in herself a year or 2 in an acting school, it wont kill her or all of them,  theirs so many roles mostly in movies that are related to African History. Do you think Hollywood would rather pay $000s for someone learn to speak broken English and waste months when someone like Genevieve is available.

In the 80s we thought we could compete with the rest of the world in football with players playing in our local league but not until when players moved out, Nigeria became better,  the same in the Music industry
Geez, some people are trying to piss me off this night. Genevieve should enroll in an acting school? Jesus Christ! Are you mad?
Kai! If I was close to you now, I would seriously injure you for making such a stupid comment. Nonsense!! Geeeez! "Genevieve should enroll in an acting school". Thunder fire you!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 22, 2011
MRBrownJ:

if any of these 9jaactor/actresses were THAT good, they would be given roles in international movies by international producers. just because they shot NOLLYWOOD movies abroad, some people now think they are international, bwaaaaah!

none of them has what it takes to BE an actor/actress. just because they are the best 9ja got doesnt mean shiit!
Absolute trash! So because they are not given roles in "international movies", they are not good actors? Please tell me what it "takes" to be "good actor"?
What the hell is wrong with y'all? Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they "suck"! Mind you, these "sucking actor/actresses get mobbed by their fans in other African countries, they are treated like royalties. It is mostly only Nigerians who attempt to bring them down and rubbish their image and reputation.
They are loved by most most africans because they act what most africans can relate with: Their accent is african, not the americanised accent, the environment is african, and the theme of their movies are African. We are happy and content with that.
If y'all don't like them, "go sweep third mainland bridge".
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Anvaller: 9:29am On Jun 22, 2011
Nayah:

Yes I agree Sean Connery and Roger Moore were the best for James Bond

Nayah, I agree with the 2 but what about Pierce Brosnan? He was also good, have u forgotten? BTW is that the real you in ur profile? Muuah! beautiful!! sorry for the digression anyway, (couldn't help it).
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by ibgreatman: 9:52am On Jun 22, 2011
gud morni every body,glo free calls is here again for more info just flash 08072740879 available to only glo numbers
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by babyboy3(m): 10:05am On Jun 22, 2011
Geez, some people are trying to piss me off this night. Genevieve should enroll in an acting school? Jesus Christ! Are you mad?
Kai! If I was close to you now, I would seriously injure you for making such a silly comment. Nonsense!! Geeeez! "Genevieve should enroll in an acting school". Thunder fire you!

And whats wrong with Gene enrolling in an Acting school,  Its called investing in her future!!!!!! you sound like another limited thinking F@@L

Idris Elba went from a crap Actor to to someone acting in blockbuster movies - according to his words needed to invest in an acting school in America,

Chiwetel Ejiofor said the same on BBC that he took a year out and attended an acting school

Djimon Hounsou said the same on Oprah he attended an acting school
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by ibgreatman: 10:09am On Jun 22, 2011
gud morni every body,glo free calls is here again for more info just flash 08072740879 available to only glo numbers
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 22, 2011
baby-boy:

And whats wrong with Gene enrolling in an Acting school,  Its called investing in her future!!!!!! you sound like another limited thinking F@@L

Idris Elba went from a crap Actor to to someone acting in blockbuster movies - according to his words needed to invest in an acting school in America,

Chiwetel Ejiofor said the same on BBC that he took a year out and attended an acting school

Djimon Hounsou said the same on Oprah he attended an acting school
You reasoning is stuupid. Did every good and successful actor/actress pass through an acting school? How do you expect Gene, an influential actress, after such an illustrious career, starred in over a hundred movies, won accollades/awards and role model to most upcoming actresses in Africa, to enroll in an acting school? What is your problem?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by babyboy3(m): 12:18pm On Jun 22, 2011
You reasoning is stuupid. Did every good and successful actor/actress pass through an acting school? How do you expect Gene, an influential actress, after such an illustrious career, starred in over a hundred movies, won accollades/awards and role model to most upcoming actresses in Africa, to enroll in an acting school? What is your problem?

Are you familiar with the phrase "enough is good enough"?

If Eva Longaria, Meryl Streep, Angelina Jolie could go back to Drama or Acting School, then who is Gene? not to consider it,

role model to most upcoming actresses in Africa

To be limited like her? No wonder the whole industry lacks vision

Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others - Marianne Williamson  (my deepest fear)
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 22, 2011
baby-boy:

Are you familiar with the phrase "enough is good enough"?

If Eva Longaria, Meryl Streep, Angelina Jolie could go back to Drama or Acting School, then who is Gene? not to consider it,

To be limited like her? No wonder the whole industry lacks vision

When did they "go back" to acting school: After or before fame and success? How is she limited by the way?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by babyboy3(m): 2:47pm On Jun 22, 2011
How is she limited by the way?

Do you think Gene could play the role of a James Bond girl?

Do you think Gene could play a role that she would have to speak with a Jamaican accent?

Do you think Gene could play a role thats physically demanding like Tomb Raider, Charlie's Angels or Avata?

Look She is good! but her good is not enough to play the role Kerry Washington played in last king of Scotland,  This is why I said she is Limited,

And Yes they all went back to Drama or Acting school when they were famous.

You dont act a role of a person, you have to go into the characters world and be that person
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by dichana: 3:35pm On Jun 23, 2011
Pls make una no mind @babyboy or babyman, d dude has been obssesed with any dicussion on gene, hes like a dog on heat whenever any thread of genevieve is made he runs towards it, anyway from what i get from most nairalanders on here is that for gene to make it a success in hollywood she has to change who she is, Her accent.Her acting, And her person! All those qualities that made her great today in the world, If thats what it takes to make it in hollywood then screw that, because genevieve nnaji is already blessed and will continue to be so,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress Caught Having Sex On A Movie Set / James Brown React As His S£X Video Leak / Leaked: Checkout Jim Iyke Sex Tape (18+ Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.