Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris (11545 Views)

Penelope Cruz At Age 40 Is The New Bond Girl / Genevieve Nnaji The New Bond Girl? Spotted With Robert De Niro / Genevieve To Be The Next Bond Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by omamokta: 1:10pm On Jun 17, 2011
Contrary to the rumour spreading like fire in Nigeria that Nollywood star Genevieve Nnaji is the next bond girl, the News Of The World (UK) has named the British Actress and Pirates of Caribbean star, Naomie Harris as the next bond girl.

The News Of the World which spoke to Naomie Harris is speaking with a louder and firm voice, not throwing out a rumour, so it seems like the deal is sealed and confirmed. Genevieve Nnaji is not the next bond girl, maybe next time but for now, let’s kill this rumour with the fact…

This is what the News Of The World wrote: PIRATES of the Caribbean babe Naomie Harris has jumped ship – and will shoot to megastardom as the new Bond girl. Naomie, 34, will be Daniel Craig’s sexy sidekick in the soon -to-be filmed new 007 movie.

The British actress was spellbinding as Tia Dalma, the grotesque witch in the second and third Pirate films. And her steamy love scene with Jamie Foxx in the Miami Vice remake proved she’s the right calibre for Bond.

Naomie, who stays superfit doing pilates and yoga, says: “I’m totally comfortable naked.”

Her mind’s just as agile – she graduated from Cambridge University with a degree in social and political science.

Londoner Naomie revealed she isn’t recognised in the street, despite her movie success. “I like that,” she says. “I’ve got one of those faces that people don’t recognise.” All that is about to change as she follows in the footsteps of gorgeous Bond girls like Ursula Andress, Jane Seymour and Halle Berry.

The plot of the new film, known only by its working title Bond 23, is being kept firmly under wraps.Judi Dench will again play M and Ralph Fiennes is in the running for a role. It is due for release in November 2012.
http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/738/2011/06/13/genevieve_nnaji_loses_next_bond_girl_role_naomie_harris.html
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by snowdrops(m): 2:49pm On Jun 17, 2011
did genevieve ever get or was even offered the role.

this looks like a publicity stunts by her agents.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Nayah(f): 2:53pm On Jun 17, 2011
Maybe next time wink
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by victorian(f): 5:44pm On Jun 17, 2011
Genevieve, genevieve, we all knew, she couldnt be shortlisted for that huge role, Even piddy tried all he could to be the next Bond guy, he didnt get the role, and someone from nowhere , wakes up one morning and starting sending posts to different forums that our own Genevieve is shortlisted, for this role, duh! cool, what a huge joke of the century, sorry, she no swag enough for the role,
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Nayah(f): 5:48pm On Jun 17, 2011
hum Victorian quite tough lol well I think it's a good lesson of humility.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by victorian(f): 5:51pm On Jun 17, 2011
Lol, grin, its not my fault, nah, too much baseless hype, am done, wink
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Nayah(f): 5:59pm On Jun 17, 2011
lol Victorian grin yes Gene is cute but I think sometimes this is too much publicity.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by snowdrops(m): 6:30pm On Jun 17, 2011
girls why are you leaving me out of the conversation angry
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Arielle: 8:02pm On Jun 17, 2011
"Loses role?" Get real. You say that like she was ever a contender, let alone seriously considered!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by ragdollz: 10:20pm On Jun 17, 2011
Loses role ko, rejects role ni. So rumor-generators what next? Ramsey Noah to be the next Batman tongue?!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Nobody: 4:01am On Jun 18, 2011
Maybe she is a great actress but look wise, there's not much difference between she and Genevieve. undecided
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by jaella4u: 9:10am On Jun 18, 2011
like that would ever happen. dreamland!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 18, 2011
What's the difference between this girl and Gene? Gene is even prettier. Maybe na her igbotic accent.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 19, 2011
no way, genevieve can never be considered for a role in bond. aside for her bad accent, she is got a bad breath, believe me
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Delafruita(m): 1:08pm On Jun 19, 2011
Honestly,this was just a PR stunt but the fact is genevieve can hold hers against any other actress anywhere in the world.am not really a nollywood buff but that girl's got talent.we should appreciate that she has gone beyond naija.she's getting invites from oprah,monique,CNN etc.thats good for her.it wont be too long before she gets that blockbuster role in hollywood.charlize theron did,russel crowe and mathew mcconaughey crossed the australian border to stardom.my finger are crossed
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Gbenge77(m): 1:08pm On Jun 19, 2011
michelin89:

What's the difference between this girl and Gene? Gene is even prettier. Maybe na her igbotic accent.
Just maybe.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Bawss1(m): 1:08pm On Jun 19, 2011
rafhell:

no way, genevieve can never be considered for a role in bond. aside for her bad accent, she is got a bad breath,  believe me

Her publicists needed to be applauded for spinning such an unbelievable rumor. Imagine the unthinkable.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by splashbaby(m): 1:14pm On Jun 19, 2011
publicity stunt
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Hardeyorlah(f): 1:20pm On Jun 19, 2011
no way, genevieve can never be considered for a role in bond. aside for her bad accent, she is got a bad breath,  believe me
ao did u confirmed dat she got a bad breath
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2011
Hardeyorlah:

ao did u confirmed dat she got a bad breath

i have kissed her several time while teaching her how to kiss in movies
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by ayo84(m): 1:35pm On Jun 19, 2011
too bad,  sad   , that would have been a really mega deal for her, im telling you.Maybe she didn't do enough lobbying.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by nanidee(f): 1:40pm On Jun 19, 2011
rafhell:

i have kissed her several time while teaching her how to kiss in movies

lwkmd, this nairaland sef, una no go kill person with laugh ooo grin grin grin grin

ragdollz:

Loses role ko, rejects role ni. So rumor-generators what next? Ramsey Noah to be the next Batman tongue?!

and Jim Iyke as the next Superman grin
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Ossaifamous(m): 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2011
Oh please!
G girl wud never ve step up
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by bright007(f): 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2011
*oh! Sowwiiiii,try again next time lipsrsealed. undecided
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by babyboy3(m): 1:54pm On Jun 19, 2011
and Jim Iyke as the next Superman

Me thinking Cossy Orjiakor would be playing the leading role in the next Basic Instinct,
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Amakamax(f): 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2011
Gene baby is really pulling stunts
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by mystikal(m): 2:27pm On Jun 19, 2011
See spin doctors sha
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by saintneo(m): 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2011
spin doctors . . . no be small.

I got the info about Naomi Harris as the next Bond girl back in April. I ain't jealous of Genevieve but these writers are trying to spin gold from wool.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by babyboy3(m): 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2011
It was between Naomie Harris and Freida Pinto for the role of the next Bond girl

But hey its good to dream!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 19, 2011
Genevieve is very ordinary looking in real life.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by yemivictor: 2:39pm On Jun 19, 2011
Even Daniel Craig should be sacked! He's not a befitting Bond IMO! undecided
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Loses The Next Bond Girl Role To Naomie Harris by MMM2(m): 2:41pm On Jun 19, 2011
and who is dis genevieve girl dat made d front page. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Deejay Association Lifts Ban On Terry G / Thick Girls Thread As Ladies Flaunts Their Curve On Twitter (Photos) / Advice For Nkem Owoh(osuofia). (no Offence)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.