Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,502 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Wike Gives ₦30 Million To Families Of Slain Policemen - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Gives ₦30 Million To Families Of Slain Policemen (10030 Views)

Wike Gives Out His Designers Suit & Hat At An Event (Video, Photos) / Governor Wike Gives 41 Range Rover SUVs To Judges In Rivers State / FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Gives ₦30 Million To Families Of Slain Policemen by Simplythebest: 8:13am On Jan 07, 2022
I thought the police is a federal government agency and they take order from from government. Why is the state dashing out money when ever a police man is being killed. Whats the FG giving to the family of the dead officers. Just asking
Re: Wike Gives ₦30 Million To Families Of Slain Policemen by emmykk(m): 8:25am On Jan 07, 2022
complexBoss12:
undecided

10m per deceased! one woman is sitting down somewhere, wishing her husband was among!

This is been unfair to the dead..1million a year is 10million a year.The worth of the dead person to the deceased is worth more than that.

Is either you are have not seen money before
Re: Wike Gives ₦30 Million To Families Of Slain Policemen by jocal(m): 8:32am On Jan 07, 2022
Re: Wike Gives ₦30 Million To Families Of Slain Policemen by complexBoss12: 9:45am On Jan 07, 2022
emmykk:

This is been unfair to the dead..1million a year is 10million a year.The worth of the dead person to the deceased is worth more than that.

Is either you are have not seen money before

I was joking with that chief.
Re: Wike Gives ₦30 Million To Families Of Slain Policemen by Ashirioluwa: 10:12am On Jan 07, 2022
The way we run government in Nigeria is totally different from that of the developed countries. Is like governor of a state in Nigeria doesn’t need approval from the house before spending money or carry out any project.
Re: Wike Gives ₦30 Million To Families Of Slain Policemen by saintnegroid(m): 11:15am On Jan 07, 2022
Advocate500:
do you reside in river state? If you do maybe we will have that conversation, if not ,no need, we had a governor before wike, we know what he did and what wike is doing, forget the media flyovers construction. My advice to you is simple, lean not to be rigid with your opinion about these politicians, i made a mistake in 2015 by supporting Buhari based on what social media told me about him.
I lived in pH even in the last government and I lived in pH when this government started.... At least he is better than other oil producing states....
Re: Wike Gives ₦30 Million To Families Of Slain Policemen by Advocate500: 11:55am On Jan 07, 2022
saintnegroid:
I lived in pH even in the last government and I lived in pH when this government started.... At least he is better than other oil producing states....
ok ,you might be right, i have not been to all oil producing state in niger delta, at least i have been to Bayelsa ,the man is not doing much.but this reason is not a enough to recommend him president .

If i may ask for your reason for recommending Osinbajo despite the fact he has been part and parcel of this failed administration? I have my personal reservations about him ,forget the media they are trying to showcase him as saint, ask yourself if Osinbajo is not from the west and been part and parcel of this monumental failure called government would western media been able to present him in good light? Don't forget the same people use the same media to condemn Jonathan and exult Buhari,brother be wise let not repeat the mistake of 2015.
Re: Wike Gives ₦30 Million To Families Of Slain Policemen by saintnegroid(m): 12:12pm On Jan 07, 2022
Advocate500:
ok ,you might be right, i have not been to all oil producing state in niger delta, at least i have been to Bayelsa ,the man is not doing much.but this reason is not a enough to recommend him president .

If i may ask for your reason for recommending Osinbajo despite the fact he has been part and parcel of this failed administration? I have my personal reservations about him ,forget the media they are trying to showcase him as saint, ask yourself if Osinbajo is not from the west and been part and parcel of this monumental failure called government would western media been able to present him in good light? Don't forget the same people use the same media to condemn Jonathan and exult Buhari,brother be wise let not repeat the mistake of 2015.
okay, during the time Buhari use to hand over power to him before traveling out for rest, Osinbajo use to do excellently well, we remember how he sacked the corrupt DSS boss that time, he ordered that all oil producing headquarters be moved to their respective states, naira appreciated within those few months.... This did not go well with the cabal, now the president travels with Nigeria to where ever he goes. That's why they seized all the powers from Osinbajo, even the ones he use to handle they took it from him.
Re: Wike Gives ₦30 Million To Families Of Slain Policemen by chrisxxx(m): 12:13pm On Jan 07, 2022
Advocate500:
oga if you are in power all this statistics will make sense, we never knew the voting strength of the fulanis tribe not until Buhari became the president, wait until another ethnic group become the governor, you will understand the voting strength of other ethnic groups within the state.

Speaking of tribalism, maybe you are not from river state or you don't stay in river state. starting from appointment to development, other ethnic groups who are like the goose that lays the golden eggs are left, from etche,ogoni,andoni,kalabari ahoda and okirika.

My issues with him compensating the police force whenever he feels they were gruesomely killed is simple, this is a governor who will never condemn nor speak against the police when innocent citizens of the state are been confronted with the same fate,he have never condemn police brutality nor compensate compensate the victim family in the state, the case of chima ikwunado ,the keke driver at rukpokwu and the death of the bus driver at NTA mgbuoba road despite the national appeal most of these deaths generated the governor never find it worthy either to condemn or compensate the grieving family. Oga we can go on and on but let me leave it at that, we have no interest in river state politics but feel disheartened when people come on social media to misrepresent facts.
There is one mistake and propaganda you people keep making about Wike. It is good we remain factual to our criticism. It is only coincidental that Wike is the governor and also hails from Obio Akpor. Governors before made the urban part of Port Harcourt and Obio Akpor as the centre piece of their development. It is quite unfortunate that even another governor after Wike will do the same. Journalists hardly go to rural area. They judge the governors based on what they can see in urban areas.
Wike didn't do much for Ikwerre and Emuoha. He only centred most in Port Harcourt Metropolis which today includes Obio Akpor. So you guys should stop giving him nepotic and ethnic colouration.
Re: Wike Gives ₦30 Million To Families Of Slain Policemen by Advocate500: 12:28pm On Jan 07, 2022
chrisxxx:

There is one mistake and propaganda you people keep making about Wike. It is good we remain factual to our criticism. It is only coincidental that Wike is the governor and also hails from Obio Akpor. Governors before made the urban part of Port Harcourt and Obio Akpor as the centre piece of their development. It is quite unfortunate that even another governor after Wike will do the same. Journalists hardly go to rural area. They judge the governors based on what they can see in urban areas.
Wike didn't do much for Ikwerre and Emuoha. He only centred most in Port Harcourt Metropolis which today includes Obio Akpor. So you guys should stop giving him nepotic and ethnic colouration.
i hope you aware wike is from obiakpo LGA?
Re: Wike Gives ₦30 Million To Families Of Slain Policemen by jamesversion: 4:51pm On Jan 07, 2022
Advocate500:
the man is more tribalistic than Buhari, the kind of leadership precedence he have set in river state, i wonder what will become of the ikweres if tomorrow someone from another ethnic group becomes governor, he have really set the ikweres against other ethnic minorities in rivers state with his nepotism and utterances.

Go to hell.. none of una go fit cough for Rivers state.
Re: Wike Gives ₦30 Million To Families Of Slain Policemen by jamesversion: 4:58pm On Jan 07, 2022
Advocate500:

Did you read what he wrote. He said it's purely coincidental that Wike is from Obalga...and that governors before him also concentrated projects in Port Harcourt and Obio/Akpor(Port Harcourt metro) becos that is where the bulk of the population reside and where visitors are most likely to visit.

Even if you were the Governor of Rivers, you'd do same.

1 Like

Re: Wike Gives ₦30 Million To Families Of Slain Policemen by chrisxxx(m): 6:51pm On Jan 07, 2022
Advocate500:
I am aware. And what about that?
Re: Wike Gives ₦30 Million To Families Of Slain Policemen by tit(f): 7:04pm On Jan 07, 2022
No Build Back Oyibo Better?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IGP Baba: Governors Are Responsible For Political Violence In The Country / Have Mercy On Ekweremadu, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Begs UK / APC To Atiku Abubakar - No Plot To Undermine Judiciary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.