Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,836 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

The Elevated Men Business Thread - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Elevated Men Business Thread (6855 Views)

Sales Of Men's Business Watches Come And Have A Look Now! / Where Could Ymodulus Be? Who Else Miss His Annual Business Thread? / Srap Business Thread Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by poncedeleon: 3:40pm On Mar 10, 2022
Altairx440:

It's possible, but if you want to do web dev you'll have to learn JavaScript later on. Just focus on core programing fundamentals and you'll be fine.
what resource are you using?

Non for now. just concluded on a job job that take more of my time. but will have free time now.
I will appreciate if you can recommend good sources pls.
thanks in advance
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by Altairx440: 3:00pm On Mar 11, 2022
poncedeleon:

Non for now. just concluded on a job job that take more of my time. but will have free time now.
I will appreciate if you can recommend good sources pls.
thanks in advance
Well I wouldn't want to randomly recommend a resource, also it depends on many factors you have to decide yourself, so answer this questions:
1. preferred learning medium?
books/ videos/ online course/ Mix*
2. why do you want to learn?
Job/ Indie dev/ Both
Ultimately I think this questions will mostly influence your decision on where to start.
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by Zabiboy: 6:15am On Mar 12, 2022
DieRich5:
APP
I'll focus on doing Front end ND database for now, I can't go full Stack.........
I'm more of web than App tbh...
Back-end and database pays more tho, but harder to fully grasp
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by DieRich5: 8:57am On Mar 13, 2022
Zabiboy:

I'm more of web than App tbh...
Back-end and database pays more tho, but harder to fully grasp
alright thanks
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by gokesoye: 12:22pm On Mar 13, 2022
I started my journey on Data Analysis yesterday. I enrolled for an online course.

2 Likes

Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by Morningstarrr(m): 5:22pm On Mar 13, 2022
I want to learn cloud computing. Anyone to point me in the right direction will be highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by CaveAdullam: 11:46pm On Mar 14, 2022
Morningstarrr:
I want to learn cloud computing. Anyone to point me in the right direction will be highly appreciated.

YouTube bro. Check udemy free course channel on telegram.

Though it's among the mega bundle I bought but I think the aforementioned will give you a good entry.
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by infogenius(m): 12:37am On Mar 15, 2022
Looking for new information and i saw this thread.
This thread may be a game changer for somebody, sometime, someday.

Kudos to the creator of the thread and everyone that has contributed here

I will contribute my two cents also.

I will kickoff will real estate and trust me u may not need money to start something small in this ever lucrative and promising industry.

1 Like

Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by Osas187: 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2022
Drenimarcus:
I will be giving tips on the US stock market and Creep-toes. But this won’t be till Next weekend.
I’m waiting for this sir
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by Osas187: 1:06pm On Mar 15, 2022
infogenius:

I will kickoff will real estate and trust me u may not need money to start something small in this ever lucrative and promising industry.

Thanks sir
Don’t keep us waiting too long sir
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by Morningstarrr(m): 4:21pm On Mar 15, 2022
CaveAdullam:

YouTube bro. Check udemy free course channel on telegram.

Though it's among the mega bundle I bought but I think the aforementioned will give you a good entry.
Many thanks brethren
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 9:01pm On Mar 15, 2022
Osas187:
I’m waiting for this sir

My guy stock market is not for the faint hearted at the moment. Its only oil and gas stocks atm and those are even down. I will when the markets are up a bit.
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by infogenius(m): 10:59pm On Mar 15, 2022
Osas187:
Thanks sir Don’t keep us waiting too long sir
Sure i won't
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by Osas187: 11:35pm On Mar 15, 2022
Drenimarcus:

My guy stock market is not for the faint hearted at the moment. Its only oil and gas stocks atm and those are even down. I will when the markets are up a bit.
Alright
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by Emmynator(m): 7:48pm On Mar 16, 2022
Bosses in the house.
I started my programming journey last week Friday, I started with learning Python programming language, based on recommendations from my boss Ichidodo.
I am ready to devote at least 6 hours every day for the next 6 months to 1 year, no matter how long it takes me to master it.
I need guidance through this journey.
I will appreciate your advises and counsel, thanks in anticipation.
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by Altairx440: 10:21am On Mar 18, 2022
Emmynator:
Bosses in the house.
I started my programming journey last week Friday, I started with learning Python programming language, based on recommendations from my boss Ichidodo.
I am ready to devote at least 6 hours every day for the next 6 months to 1 year, no matter how long it takes me to master it.
I need guidance through this journey.
I will appreciate your advises and counsel, thanks in anticipation.
Welcome onboard, we'll all get there.
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by poncedeleon: 10:42am On Mar 19, 2022
Altairx440:
Well I wouldn't want to randomly recommend a resource, also it depends on many factors you have to decide yourself, so answer this questions:
1. preferred learning medium?
books/ videos/ online course/ Mix*
2. why do you want to learn?
Job/ Indie dev/ Both
Ultimately I think this questions will mostly influence your decisi
on on where to start.

for question 1. any source to get the best and easy to understand will do. though sometimes i like reading up first get consept the watch video or be taught to consolidate what i have learn
Question 2. want the both. the job will give you more insight on demand,experience with more experts and connection also. before you go solo to be your own boss.
so in sumary i can do with any source you recommend and as.well open to both job and indie path. thanks
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by infogenius(m): 12:55pm On Mar 22, 2022
infogenius:

Just as u know one of the basic needs of man is shelter and this need is catered for by the real estate industry.
The demand for shelter is very huge and that is y properties are expected to appreciate overtime.

There are different entry point into real estate, u can come in as investor, in this case u have some money to buy property with a view of making a handsome profit from the property over a period of time.

Another way u can come into real estate is as a consultant. In this case, a low entry level but a wealth of experience is an added advantage.
I will talk more on this in this post.

Just like I said earlier, the entry level is low and that is y so many people join this wagon.

The money made here is more of commissions. So the more deals u are part of the more money u make from commissions.
However, it isn’t immediately.

You can Start off in ur immediate environment. It is possible an apartment is vacant and is available for rent, all u need is to market it and when someone interested comes through ur line and pays the rental and other fees u get a commission.
It’s that simple.

There are various ways to market a rental property, u can market online using social media and offline when u tell people that u are a real estate agent.

You don’t need to do this full time but if u can give it what it takes then go full time and make the most of what u can.

But here’s what you must understand.
1. Know the agency fees for the various apartments in ur area. For example for a room self contain, agency fee is 100k in some areas, while the mini flat could go as much as 150k .
Every area has their agency fees for various apartments, it will do u a lot of good to know these fees.

2. In many cases u can’t do it alone, if u have a property to market, it is wise to spread the information to other agents and then split commissions when a deal is completed.

3. Be on the prowl for clean properties as it gets more attention. Also note that mini flats, room self are the market movers. Because the are more in demand, so the more of these apartments that u get to market the quicker the commissions u get.

4. Don’t be greedy. Once a deal is concluded, the caretaker or the principal agent gets 50% of the agency fees and the other 50% is shared by the rest. But there are instances where the principal can make concessions especially if the chain is long.

5. Make sure ur phone is always charged.

Let me stop here now

7 Likes

Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by Altairx440: 6:34am On Mar 24, 2022
poncedeleon:

for question 1. any source to get the best and easy to understand will do. though sometimes i like reading up first get consept the watch video or be taught to consolidate what i have learn
Question 2. want the both. the job will give you more insight on demand,experience with more experts and connection also. before you go solo to be your own boss.
so in sumary i can do with any source you recommend and as.well open to both job and indie path. thanks

checkout programming with mosh on youtube, he has 3 python tutorials, I recommend the one that's about one hour long, for the book checkout fluent python or how to think like a computer scientist: learning python. You dont have to finish the book, just make sure the parts you read, you understand well, also avoid any OOP/ object oriented programming for now, it's an intermediate concept. Make sure you install Python, type and experiment with the examples, this is the best way to learn.

All in all just get started, when things get rough take a break.
I'd be happy to help too, have a nice day.
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 03, 2022
j
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by DieRich5: 10:23am On Apr 07, 2022
sad

Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by dotunibrahim7(m): 8:49pm On Apr 07, 2022
Any crypto/forex trader here?
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by DieRich5: 11:38am On Apr 08, 2022
dotunibrahim7:
Any crypto/forex trader here?
anything?
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by crystalmoon(m): 9:07am On Apr 30, 2022
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by MoiMoiMafia: 8:06pm On May 28, 2022
Zabiboy:

Nice choice
Start from javaScript..
But mainly, you'll need javaScript, python, web3js,etherjs,solidity
I'm slowly going into this too... Just trying to squeeze out more time

Chief,
just wanted to ask if its compulsory to learn html before JavaScript.
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by Bobbyjay001(m): 10:55am On May 29, 2022
Algebrah:

Sorry for your loss bro
Stay safe

Hello bro, I am also based in Akure, Igoba to be precise. Has he shared the info with you. I also need it. One must new things to survive bro.
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by MrBroke(m): 2:36pm On May 29, 2022
Oyin2212:

No I don't bro. I just make beats.

I need a producer, if you make beats then let's chat, cause I wanna release an album

1 Like

Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by Oyin2212(m): 4:44pm On May 29, 2022
MrBroke:

I need a producer, if you make beats then let's chat, cause I wanna release an album
No problem bro. Hit me up on Instagram @ladibeats

Let's talk.
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by Zabiboy: 9:31pm On May 30, 2022
MoiMoiMafia:

Chief,
just wanted to ask if its compulsory to learn html before JavaScript.
Yo bro..
Depends on what you intend using J.S for..
If its front end development/web designer, yeah, you definitely need to learn html first...

But if its just for backend, you can skip html..
In general, html isn't really hard to learn, so i advice you just glance through it.
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by CaveAdullam: 9:22pm On Jul 01, 2022
2dice01

So, what's the feasibility study like?

Good evening.
Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by crystalmoon(m): 10:55am On Jul 02, 2022
CaveAdullam:
2dice01

So, what's the feasibility study like?

Good evening.
my mom runs a gas plant should I say more about gas selling

1 Like

Re: The Elevated Men Business Thread by CaveAdullam: 11:00am On Jul 02, 2022
crystalmoon:
my mom runs a gas plant should I say more about gas selling

Yes sir/ma. It will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CBN, MTN Announce Truce On Illegal Remittance / Cardify's Digital Business Card Unveiled At Moonshot By Techcabal / Servicing The Transport And Haulage Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.